PDA

View Full Version : NBA lockout is here... P99 please save basketball

Aenor
06-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Beta p99 red just copy current blue server and pvp + minus 10 starting at lvl 10 do it. Need donation for colo? PM me. Only you can save basketball p99.

Pudge
06-25-2011, 12:40 AM
i have faith... they were already considering some sort of pvp, and it seems a pvp server would give a LOT of ppl a fresh start, as well I'm sure 50% of the ppl who have played on p99 but stopped or rarely log in are just looking for some new excitement.

with the p99 code and timeline (yes, im talking about even following the nerf/buff/loot/bug timeline that they attempt to follow) it would make for an interesting and challenging server (more for melee than casters, especially in the beginning..) -- a ghetto way to do this would be to just implement p99 the way it was, using the same timeline they did (non-classic mechanics, sloppy questwork, whatever. just a snapshot of p99 from some point onward) but i believe they do not want to do this. if they do it, they want to do it right. by laying out all the future updates, by sifting through every singe one, and deciding where it should go in a timeline of server progression - some as game mechanics that should be in from day one, and others that are implemented on day 30, 60, 90, etc. - they will be doing the best, most "classic" job possible. not to mention, they have MANY more decisions to make ontop of this: shadow step potions? egg shaped pumice? pvp level range? teams? bind in dungeons? balance magic system?... balance melee?............etc.

to do it right takes some time. the only thing i would want to heard from them is a fucking "yes, we are working on it, even though it may never come out.." or "no, we are not working on it, pls go away."

however the facts of the situation lean towards a yes. so i am still hopeful. if the answer is a no, we should have heard it by now

Snapple
06-25-2011, 12:59 AM
i have faith... they were already considering some sort of pvp, and it seems a pvp server would give a LOT of ppl a fresh start, as well I'm sure 50% of the ppl who have played on p99 but stopped or rarely log in are just looking for some new excitement.

with the p99 code and timeline (yes, im talking about even following the nerf/buff/loot/bug timeline that they attempt to follow) it would make for an interesting and challenging server (more for melee than casters, especially in the beginning..) -- a ghetto way to do this would be to just implement p99 the way it was, using the same timeline they did (non-classic mechanics, sloppy questwork, whatever. just a snapshot of p99 from some point onward) but i believe they do not want to do this. if they do it, they want to do it right. by laying out all the future updates, by sifting through every singe one, and deciding where it should go in a timeline of server progression - some as game mechanics that should be in from day one, and others that are implemented on day 30, 60, 90, etc. - they will be doing the best, most "classic" job possible. not to mention, they have MANY more decisions to make ontop of this: shadow step potions? egg shaped pumice? pvp level range? teams? bind in dungeons? balance magic system?... balance melee?............etc.

to do it right takes some time. the only thing i would want to heard from them is a fucking "yes, we are working on it, even though it may never come out.." or "no, we are not working on it, pls go away."

however the facts of the situation lean towards a yes. so i am still hopeful. if the answer is a no, we should have heard it by now

Put way 2 much time into that post. Release the Red already

Lazortag
06-25-2011, 01:01 AM
Beta p99 red just copy current blue server and pvp + minus 10 starting at lvl 10 do it. Need donation for colo? PM me. Only you can save basketball p99.

This is a bad idea because there are too many pvp related bugs/issues with the current p99 code. Because of this, people will lose interest in the server quickly and it will just degenerate into a 40 person circle jerk like every other pvp server. Even after these bugs are fixed people won't want to come back because they had such a sour experience with that server. You need to release a reasonably balanced and non-buggy server first (I'm not saying it has to be perfect) for Beta testing or else in the long term the server's population will suffer.

Threepoint
06-25-2011, 03:46 AM
Box is coming in the next year or so man why so impatient

Doors
06-28-2011, 01:09 AM
geegoo is gay but I agree with what he says.

mimixownzall
06-28-2011, 02:41 AM
I really get tired of hearing people say 'balanced' when they speak of EQ PVP.

IT WASN'T EVER FUCKING BALANCED (at least up until 2004/05)!!!!!!

And no, you didn't have everyone rolling 'OP' classes. People just figured out ways to win.

You want 'ballance' then go play WoW where every class has the same basic abilities and has no defined class roles.

Xebekn
07-03-2011, 10:21 PM
I wonder if Henry had any idea this would happen. The answer, of course, is no but still. I wonder what he's doing right now?