PDA

View Full Version : Mage pet exp

Homesteaded
09-23-2022, 12:02 AM
Pet 1: Has DS, takes mob to 49% or less. Pet 1 gets reclaimed.
Pet 2: Finishes mob from 49% or less to dead.
Mage: Does no actual damage to mob.

Full exp or half exp for mage?

Crede
09-23-2022, 12:26 AM
Half.

Mage needs to do damage.

Pet 2 should be reclaimed and finish mob with cheap nuke.

Homesteaded
09-23-2022, 12:44 AM
I'm trying to understand the mechanics behind this. So could a mage PL someone by taking a mob to 1%, dismissing pet and having someone else finish?

If this doesn't work, does the game somehow recalculate who has done the most dmg? So let's say we have a mob with 100hp, pet 1 takes the mob to 50 hp, reclaim the pet. So the mob now has 50hp, does the mage need to do 26 dmg to get full exp? What if pet 2 took the mob down to 25hp, then was reclaimed, resummon pet 3, does the mage now need to do 13 dmg to get full exp?

PatChapp
09-23-2022, 06:33 AM
Yes mage needs to outdmg whichever pet is on the hate list.
Also yes,mage can pl by reclaiming pets. I do it with sand giants for oasis groups when I'm bored.

Tann
09-23-2022, 07:53 AM
I'm trying to understand the mechanics behind this. So could a mage PL someone by taking a mob to 1%, dismissing pet and having someone else finish?

If this doesn't work, does the game somehow recalculate who has done the most dmg? So let's say we have a mob with 100hp, pet 1 takes the mob to 50 hp, reclaim the pet. So the mob now has 50hp, does the mage need to do 26 dmg to get full exp? What if pet 2 took the mob down to 25hp, then was reclaimed, resummon pet 3, does the mage now need to do 13 dmg to get full exp?

Yes that is how a mage could power level someone.

Once you reclaim pet, assuming pet was the only thing doing damage, the mob effectively has 100% hp.. so you'd have to do 51% of whatever is left to get full exp.

Encroaching Death
09-23-2022, 09:31 AM
So could a mage PL someone by taking a mob to 1%, dismissing pet and having someone else finish?

This is how Monks powerlevel people.

Kill mob to 1% HP, FD and let the newb kill mob.

Homesteaded
09-23-2022, 12:17 PM
But it isn't like FD because the mob will aggro the mage. Which is kind of why I'm looking into this. If it was like FD then the aggro shouldn't transfer to the mage, but it does. The aggro transferred is not a trivial amount, mages can no longer chain non-earth pets without lucky taunts or time.

Crede
09-23-2022, 12:36 PM
But it isn't like FD because the mob will aggro the mage. Which is kind of why I'm looking into this. If it was like FD then the aggro shouldn't transfer to the mage, but it does. The aggro transferred is not a trivial amount, mages can no longer chain non-earth pets without lucky taunts or time.

Yea unfortunately mage pet aggro is totally broke atm and many are aware of this.

PatChapp
09-23-2022, 12:50 PM
Yeah aggros been working as it does for months now. You can still chain pets just need to time it with roots or burn a root net charge

Vivitron
09-23-2022, 01:23 PM

Yes, I've done this pl technique using my enchanter. Of course you use a reclaim instant click to dismiss the pet.

Homesteaded
09-23-2022, 07:30 PM
We need to keep filling the mage chain summoning bug report. Get active

Balimon
09-25-2022, 12:00 AM
We need to keep filling the mage chain summoning bug report. Get active

Please do, I tried getting people's attention to it back in classic, it worked before Green launched, /shrug