PDA

View Full Version : EQ Crashing Issue

BlazeKING
03-10-2010, 02:19 AM
I had it working for a few days, I was having an awesome time, and it was going fine... until tonight. The screen has been going blank causing me to have to reboot every couple hours or so. Then on the last reboot, I start up eqgame and I get this error message.

"eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I have tried reinstalling. I've tried updating drivers.

Nothing works.

I really don't know what to do.

Any ideas?

BlazeKING
03-10-2010, 02:28 AM
Taking out my video card and putting it back in, oddly enough, seems to have fixed this issue.

Mods you can delete this thread

Back to the game =D

Noraa3903
03-11-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm currently having the issue described in this thread and I already have taken out my video card and putten back in yet this still continues to happen to me. Are there any other workarounds that might be available. Only was able to play one day and really really want to get back into it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Noraa3903
03-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Tried to uninstall and reinstall as well just to have at least said that I've done it. Still doesn't work unfortunately.

Noraa3903
03-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Stumbled across the fix from a post i saw from someone in 2004. I had to change to resolution on the icon before going into the game back to the original. I think it screwed up when i changed the ingame resolution to fit my monitor better.

BlazeKING
03-12-2010, 07:12 AM
I had a couple more problems after that and the fix for me was to change the different resolutions in the eqclient.ini file (I believe that was the one) and make them all the same as my resolution on my desktop.

It was weird for a while and seemed like nothing would work. Even taking out the card out and putting it back in didn't work the last time it happened. This fix has been working for me for a while now though so i'll keep my fingers crossed. Hope it works for you as well.

Noraa3903
03-12-2010, 09:06 AM
So far its been running solid since i changed the resolution here. Good to be back in the world of Norrath

buffug
03-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Unrelated issue began last night for me. The game started freezing up and was "not responding" forcing reboots. Thankfully, when you go LD this server doesn't make you stand there and swing fists until either you or target dies, as two of the three freezes in a short period of time happened upon commencement of combat.

No changes to resolution, and has not happened before yesterday. The non-combat of the 3 freezes mentioned above happened as a mob walked by and the footfalls could be heard, so suspect it's a sound issue...