PDA

View Full Version : Any point in playing MAG over NEC?

LordVictor
09-09-2022, 01:13 AM
I mean, their DD spells and pets seems only slightly better than necro. And very little better. For example :

Lv 1 : Burst of Flame - 5 damage VS lifetap - 3~5 life drain
LV 24 : Shock of Spikes- 176/1.6 DPM DPM VS Shock of Poison - 1.6 DPM
LV 44 - Shock of Swords - 600 d/2.4 DPM VS Incinerate bones - 500d / 2.38dpm

The strongest DD from MAG deals 1024 damage while NECROs has an freaking lifetap which drains 1100 hp.

The level of pets seems to be merely +1. And the max damage of their pets is not that different. The stronger air elementsl deals 60-68 damage while Emissary of Thule deals 52-61 damage.

And this looking only into Pets and Direct Damage, where MAG are supposed to be the best.

Other huge problem of mage is that they seems to be too restricted into fire with few mag damaging spells and no spells which are harder to resist. And don't get me wrong, I"m not an min maxer, I'm playing as an human necromancer(lv 30 at moment), arguably the worst race for necromancers.

Jimjam
09-09-2022, 03:25 AM
With necromancer there is a lot of pressure to juggle many hats.

The magician’s lack of spells mean you can’t ‘get bullied’ into a more active play style than your comfortable with (assuming you want a fairly hands off experience).

Many magician players in groups seem happy to send pet in at 70% hp. Dump mana into one mob burn and then declare afk. It’s a real struggle to get many of them to even cast their DS.

There is less accountancy too of having to manage your hp / mana / pet hp which necromancers can die from out of combat if absentminded.

Foxplay
09-09-2022, 03:52 AM
If you care about the math and balance and what is stronger in the end.... then the answer is No... play a NEC

Velious timeline is a bad time for MAG, and a pretty good timeline for NEC

My thoughts on MAG (I leveled one to 60, and another to 55 for COTH Bot)

No root or self cast CC on a caster class = Ouch seriously this is the worst..... mage pets are not strong enough to justify this handicap. Sure mages are pretty ez-mode to about level 53 but they start to loose a lot of steam after that... You ever get caught with your pants down and no pet up and get aggro lol just run away or gate all you got! It is so dumb that necromancers get Root and Mages don't lol.

Raid role is required but feels awful (personal opinion) you summon eyes thru walls, or have people anchor for you, summon people, summon pullers back etc, pretty much cast 2 spells COTH and Mod rod is majority of your entire role in raids. I dunno would feel bad to me investing a bunch of gear and stuff into a character just to like.....have the mana to summon a few extra mod rods? 1 or 2 more COTH's? per mana bar.....ugh

No Self-mana = So mages are very mana efficient so long as their pet is doing all the work. Problem is their pets fall off a cliff in 55+ content so their lack of self mana is a real bummer....and when you compare it to NEC (the closest pet class to mage) whos pets are fairly comparable to MAG the lich line just blows MAG out of the water.

Necro twitch is a similar raid role to Mod rods.... So necro raid role if your not pulling and training stuff around, or other strats is similar to MAG you feed clerics mana. But necro twitch is easier in that you just target the cleric directly and cast the spell. MAG rods can be back-loaded with the whole raid keeping rods and dropping them on the ground etc. But ease of use Necro twitch wins in my book.

I am biased cause I usually min/max. But imho you kinda really have to like the class either theme or nostalgia to play a MAG as a MAIN in velious era p99....cause theres armies of MAG bots anyway....

PatChapp
09-09-2022, 06:21 AM
Mage kinda fun in groups, boring class overall. I leveled nine to 60 and basically abandoned it
The necro 1100hp lifetap uses an essence emerald, I have never seen someone cast it outside of pvp

loramin
09-09-2022, 11:22 AM
Necros are fun because they offer a wealth of options. Mages are fun because their lack of options let you play (relatively) mindlessly.

Toxigen
09-09-2022, 11:35 AM
Short answer: no

Mages have essentially zero depth.

If you want simple, mage is your answer though. And honestly at 60 if you want to raid competitively at least you can master the art of DA quad kiting in ToV.

LordVictor
09-09-2022, 06:42 PM
What about WIZ? Any point in playing WIZ over NEC? ENC I know that is probably the strongest caster.

branamil
09-09-2022, 06:55 PM
No point in playing a wiz unless you want to be a port bitch for a guild.

No point in playing a mage unless you want to wake up one day and realize you wasted one of the ~60 years you have between puberty and dementia.

Foxplay
09-09-2022, 07:33 PM
What about WIZ? Any point in playing WIZ over NEC? ENC I know that is probably the strongest caster.

Getting into different roles and what your personal expectations are...You need to ask yourself what you personally want... If your dead-set on INT casters....

How important to you is.....

Personal power/Solo power?
Theme?
Raid Role?
Solo play (or) Group play?

ENC-Pick this if you are most about Personal power / Solo power. ENC is unquestionably the strongest INT caster in terms of game scaling. However their raid role is often lacking there is some raids they can charm, but may that they just sit around and just buff people and never fight the raid mob at all.

NEC- Pick this if you like personal power, but want a more versatile kit to help other players. CC, Heals, dps, mana feed NEC have a little bit of everything, while still keeping a high level of personal power / solo strength. Although not the absolute min/max that a ENC can be NEC is still a very strong class on its own. NEC is stronger than enchanter when they don't have access to good charms (low level zones, uncharmable mobs etc) NEC can kill things in more varied ways... root rotting, fear kiting, charm, stronger summoned pet) But when charm is available enchanter wins hands down. Has lots of potential raid roles depending on your game knowledge and comfort even entry level just feeding clerics mana is always good

WIZ- Pick this if you want to be lazy and still play at 98% of your potential. Do not pick them if solo power is a big concern of yours. This class is NOTHING in solo strength when compared to NEC or ENC. Their raid role is usually one of two things. DPS or Kite stuff around. As DPS you blow your mana bar until either oom or the NPC is dead and as Kite you spam flux staff and run away to keep adds or other mobs off the raid while they kill the target. Added benefit is you can be anywhere in the game fairly quickly because teleports!

MAG- Pick this if you really like the theme of the class, or your guild really needs more mage bots...Honestly I cannot recommend this class with a straight face unless your just absolutely in love with the idea/theme of this class. Raid role is always needed but so many guilds on p99 have armies of MAG bots because few players want to main a MAG

Maybe not fully up to date with p99 meta but can also consult this class selection guide. Has different rankings for each class for different aspects of the game.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Loraen%27s_Class_Selection_Guide

LordVictor
09-09-2022, 09:51 PM
Thanks a lot Foxplay. I will be honest. I made this thread because having powerful spells and powerful servants appeals to me. I created some mags but ended deleting them and playing as an necro(lv 31 at moment), and created this thread only cuz I really wanna to see an good reason to play as an MAG. Like

"IF you conjure the spell A and cast the buff B in the pet, he becomes godlike"

Or "this MAG only item made his spells caster faster, so you can deal a very high DPS"

But considering how my pets die quickly if I don't fear the enemy, +10% survivability from MAG doesn't seems to make a huge difference.

unsunghero
09-09-2022, 09:56 PM
Hasn't been mentioned yet but I hear mages are good moneymakers if you want to do that by grinding rather than headhunting high value items

Pet mows down greens and free WR bags to fill with vendor trash

LordVictor
09-09-2022, 10:17 PM
I also have heard that damage sheilds + DD + PETS can kill mods pretty quickly. That if you can hit with this 3 things, is the greatest single target DPS for short fights. But I"m not sure.

I also have heard that summoned sword of runes is triggering on everything, not only summoned creatures > https://wiki.project1999.com/Summoned:_Sword_of_Runes

Aegis of Ro + Burnout IV + Sword of Runes in a Greater Vocaration: Water's pet would be able to do how much damage per "tik"? IF he lands like 5 hits / tik and the Magician also casts an direct DD into the target, how much damage would he do?

Can I reach 2k damage / tik as an magician? If YES, I will consider moving to MAG...

PatChapp
09-10-2022, 06:52 AM
Magician can level very fast to 55, after that they really die off power wise relative to XP mobs.
On green sword of runes no longer procs except on mobs it's supposed to.
But 1-55 can be pretty fun on one.
Magician leveling mechanics can be fun as well
You use one pet per mob, letting the pet get the thing down to one small nuke range. Kill or reclaim the pet,one nuke to finish and you get full XP for very little mana.

LordVictor
09-10-2022, 12:33 PM
On green sword of runes no longer procs except on mobs it's supposed to..

What about blue? And combining a fully buffed pet + the strongest mag nuke, can I deal 2k damage /tik?

PatChapp
09-10-2022, 02:28 PM
No you can't do 300+ DPS with a mage.
I don't think that is possible at all,for any class.
Even the highest dmg enchanter charm pets won't hit that

LordVictor
09-10-2022, 04:08 PM
Well, an lv 60 Wizard using Porlos' Fury against an dragon can hit 2000 damage / tik (6 seconds to cast) which is 333 DPS.

But lets theorycraft

mage strongest spell = 1024 damage
Strongest Water elemental dealing 5 attacks / tik = 300 damage
Strongest Water elemental getting hit 5x and hence triggering the damage shield 5 times = 165 damage
Direct damage = 116
Kick = 180 damage

Total : 1605 damage.

Maybe if we stack Shaman buffs + MAgician + Enchanter buffs and the pet manages to backstab. Who knows.

How much damage per tik does the epic elemental dishes?

EDIT: There is items in live which reduce the casting time. There is this items here?

PatChapp
09-10-2022, 04:19 PM
The 60 water pet seems to average about 45dps vs regular mobs,bit more with backstabs.

Foxplay
09-10-2022, 04:21 PM
Well, an lv 60 Wizard using Porlos' Fury against an dragon can hit 2000 damage / tik (6 seconds to cast) which is 333 DPS.

But lets theorycraft

Strongest Water elemental getting hit 5x and hence triggering the damage shield 5 times = 165 damage
Direct damage = 116
Kick = 180 damage

Maybe if we stack Shaman buffs + MAgician + Enchanter buffs and the pet manages to backstab. Who knows.

EDIT: There is items in live which reduce the casting time. There is this items here?

Doesn't matter in raids, No lure spell = all Mage nukes are Hard resisted all you ever see is (Resit, Resist, Resist, Resist) Your nukes are for non-raid content only

DeathsSilkyMist
09-10-2022, 11:16 PM
I also have heard that damage sheilds + DD + PETS can kill mods pretty quickly. That if you can hit with this 3 things, is the greatest single target DPS for short fights. But I"m not sure.

I also have heard that summoned sword of runes is triggering on everything, not only summoned creatures > https://wiki.project1999.com/Summoned:_Sword_of_Runes

Aegis of Ro + Burnout IV + Sword of Runes in a Greater Vocaration: Water's pet would be able to do how much damage per "tik"? IF he lands like 5 hits / tik and the Magician also casts an direct DD into the target, how much damage would he do?

Can I reach 2k damage / tik as an magician? If YES, I will consider moving to MAG...

The Summoned Sword Proc issue is fixed, it doesn't proc on everything anymore. It only works on summoned mobs like mob pets.

In another thread today I parsed an Epic Mage pet. Those are doing 80-90DPS. The data I saw for a Water Pet is more around the 60 DPS range, but I could be wrong since the data wasn't as good as the Epic Pet data. A Mage can do 75 DPS if they spend 1200 mana spamming Scars of Sigil. Damage Shields could give you another 30 if the Epic Pet is tanking since it's damage shield does 50 damage. So an Epic Mage can top out around 200 DPS if you are going all out and draining your mana. Epic is really hard to get though, Mage Epic is the rarest one.

That being said, Mages have basically no CC and niche utility, so the extra DPS ends up mattering less if you like to solo harder camps in the end game. Enchanter or Necro would be better at that in terms of pet classes. A Mage at 60 will be farming greens that drop good money, like farming Droga.

As Foxplay said, Mages don't DPS in raids. Raids don't use Mage Pets, and your Nukes will be resisted. A Mage is a CoTH bot or a Mod Rod bot in raids.

Balimon
09-11-2022, 12:18 AM

But lets theorycraft

Direct damage = 116
Kick = 180 damage

Mage's strongest nukes are Scars of Sigil and Sirocco/Manastorm. Seeking Flame of Suekor is terrible DPS in comparison. There's almost never a reason to use it sadly, the increased DPM ratio isn't worth the almost 100 dps that Scars offers.

Seeking Flame: 1024 damage in 7 seconds : 146 dps
Scars of Sigil: 450 damage in 2 seconds : 225dps
Sirocco: 1890 damage in three waves over 11 seconds : 171 dps
Manastorm: 2025 damage in three waves over 11 seconds : 184 dps

Can continue casting Scars while the waves are hitting to maximize dps

LordVictor
09-11-2022, 02:53 AM
I see, thanks for the correction. But one question. About the DpS of Water Elemental and the epic pet, is this with buffs or without?

And combining manastorm + sirroco + fully buffed pet, assuming everything hits and nothing resists(unlikely), can MAG deal how much DPS/DPtik?

DeathsSilkyMist
09-11-2022, 09:18 AM
I see, thanks for the correction. But one question. About the DpS of Water Elemental and the epic pet, is this with buffs or without?

The DPS was with Burnout IV and a muzzle, so best buffs basically.

The only way to increase your DPS further would be to give the pet a weapon with at least 34 damage as it's base. Pets do Weapon damage x 2 if the number is greater than their natural maximum. So a 40 damage weapon would allow the epic pet to hit for 80. Sadly there aren't a lot of cheap options for higher damage weapons, and they are typically lore. You can't get the weapon back once you give it to a summoned pet. Same with a better haste item. You could give your pet a cheap haste item like Silver Chitin Hand Wraps, but you would lose them.

You could give them weapons with procs instead, but its the same issue as above. Not a lot of good proc weapons that specifically do good damage for cheap. There are other cheap proc weapons that provide utility, like gnoll hide lariat for stuns.

It isn't worth doing this in most cases, unless you are going to be somewhere for many hours, and think you can keep your single pet alive.

Homesteaded
09-13-2022, 02:08 AM
Forget the haters, mages are fun where this game is fun, outside of the raid scene.

Vaarsuvius
09-13-2022, 03:37 AM

And combining manastorm + sirroco + fully buffed pet, assuming everything hits and nothing resists(unlikely), can MAG deal how much DPS/DPtik?

You will be a very dead mage if you try casting so many spells on a mob.
60 pets cannot hit, kick and proc as fast as you think they can, and they miss quite a lot.

I assume the 45 dps of a water pet is with Burnout (haste) and in a position where it can backstab mobs every time the skill refreshes. I don't think even FoS / Maniacal Strength / Avatar will give pet a dps boost, but I will have to test that again to confirm.

And to answer your initial question, no, unfortunately there is not real reason to pick a mage over a necro (aside from CotH and farming green mobs), necros are better than mages in every possible way.
Mages can give their pets a DS, a muzzle for 11% additional haste and jboot speed (Velocity), but Emissary of Thule is better than mages' regular pets

PS: yeah, as someone mentionned, the 1.1k lifetap uses an EE so forget about it unless your stupid rich, but Zum`ul / Touch of Night are great 720 Lifetaps and mage spells (fir / magic ) will often get resisted too

Foxplay
09-13-2022, 03:42 AM
Forget the haters, mages are fun where this game is fun, outside of the raid scene.

There is no hate to say a under-powered class is under-powered

PatChapp
09-13-2022, 06:30 AM
Yeah mages are kinda fun to lvl to 50,maybe 55. After that the pets just can't compete with good xp mobs,solo anyway
Mages don't really struggle to get xp groups though . Solid,kinda boring DPS class.
The 45dps I parsed was a max focused 60water per,burnout 4 and muzzle in velks lower dogs. It could probably do better against lower lvl mobs.

You can solo at 55 +, kurrat has a semi finished guide on the wiki with the few spots it's still effective.
Mages are limited by lacking cc, so a lot of the spots require a supply of root nets. Get used to root nets if you do anything fun on a mage.

Toxigen
09-13-2022, 09:30 AM
So much more depth playing a necro. 0 mechanics playing a mage.

Troxx
09-13-2022, 01:56 PM
I’ve played both to 60. Necros are by far the more powerful class globally. Massive toolkit includes extensive CC, charm, heals (both self and others), FD, rez, and a neato set of pets to boot. Great solo. Great in groups. All around a fantastic class.

It can get busy at times though if you want to maximize your contributions and play.

The only reason I can think of to play a mage main over a necro is if you want a chill, relaxing alt. With minimal effort you can put out top notch dps (better than necro unless charming). Super relaxing and powerful to boot.

If I could only play one I’d play necro.

Cool thing about p99 is you can play both.

I enjoy them both for very different reasons.

Homesteaded
09-13-2022, 08:06 PM
You will be a very dead mage if you try casting so many spells on a mob.
60 pets cannot hit, kick and proc as fast as you think they can, and they miss quite a lot.

I assume the 45 dps of a water pet is with Burnout (haste) and in a position where it can backstab mobs every time the skill refreshes. I don't think even FoS / Maniacal Strength / Avatar will give pet a dps boost, but I will have to test that again to confirm.

And to answer your initial question, no, unfortunately there is not real reason to pick a mage over a necro (aside from CotH and farming green mobs), necros are better than mages in every possible way.
Mages can give their pets a DS, a muzzle for 11% additional haste and jboot speed (Velocity), but Emissary of Thule is better than mages' regular pets

PS: yeah, as someone mentionned, the 1.1k lifetap uses an EE so forget about it unless your stupid rich, but Zum`ul / Touch of Night are great 720 Lifetaps and mage spells (fir / magic ) will often get resisted too

Mages are like a old sunday driver car, the enjoyment is the chillness, relax and don't push it and you'll get many fun adventures out of it.

Balimon
09-13-2022, 09:28 PM
Yeah mages are kinda fun to lvl to 50,maybe 55. After that the pets just can't compete with good xp mobs,solo anyway
Mages don't really struggle to get xp groups though . Solid,kinda boring DPS class.
The 45dps I parsed was a max focused 60water per,burnout 4 and muzzle in velks lower dogs. It could probably do better against lower lvl mobs.

You can solo at 55 +, kurrat has a semi finished guide on the wiki with the few spots it's still effective.
Mages are limited by lacking cc, so a lot of the spots require a supply of root nets. Get used to root nets if you do anything fun on a mage.

Thanks for the mention! That reminds me that I need to add a few more spots for 55 +

eisley
09-13-2022, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the mention! That reminds me that I need to add a few more spots for 55 +

Your guide helped me alot. Here's where I went for last few levels as epic mage solo. I'd suggest Neriak Arena, (best with necro duo, or just kill singles) Kedge Seahorses (invis to center east single one, blow it up, wait for roamer, kill that one, then the 3 at ent. Once split, can be AFK'd by sitting in front of patrich out of LOS, and put put just ahead of to the right so hes in los of front room. Or clear it all.) as well as lots of places in WL (geonids) and velks to find single pulls.

Chortles Snortles
09-13-2022, 10:10 PM
i was a wizard on live because i wanted to be a powerful wizard like Gandalf (it was not)

to my surprise, necromancer is the class that actually feels like a powerful wizard

hope this helps

Troxx
09-14-2022, 11:29 PM
Necros are superior. Gandalf we be.

Mages are also cool and we can take a piss, drink a beer, whastetbate to whomever and still be effective.

Necro > mage

But mages … actually win

#lazyWin

Vaarsuvius
09-15-2022, 03:54 AM
Mages are like a old sunday driver car, the enjoyment is the chillness, relax and don't push it and you'll get many fun adventures out of it.
Count me in :D
My first char on Blue was a 60 MAG that I hardly play anymore, and my main character on Live was a MAG from Kunark to Depths of Darkhollow

Selene
09-15-2022, 04:42 AM
Omg not a day goes by without my poor mage main on blue being trashed on these forums....

I agree with people here that Necro is more powerful than mage due to its versatility - the ceiling with its soloing potential is certainly higher. Mage is still very good at soloing (possibly even faster than necro) up until 55, but as people mention it does get harder after that - but there are many places to grind xp solo all the same, and without much difficulty. But the class obviously can't compare to solo artist classes like Enc or shaman, or Nec. Also fares worse than druid, which is probably the 4th best solo class. So to answer OP's question, what's the reason anyone would play a mage?

Well, I picked mage on live and on blue server because I like two things very much: nuking, and summoned pets. And mage is obviously the class that exemplifies that combo more than any other class, being 2nd only to wiz with nukes and 1st with regards to summoned pets.

Although lack of CC sucks, it is also what makes the class' gameplay unique and intriguing - it is a true pet class in the sense that your life depends on your pet. That adds a twist to the gameplay and forces you to really pay attention to your surroundings and how to manage your pet's HP, rather than just your own. At higher levels it also makes each fight a little more nerve-wracking, which I think adds to the fun. There's little room for error. You have to be good at managing two players in a way.

Play mage if you love nuking (I personally find DoTs boring) and being a true pet class, i.e. the gameplay. Otherwise, I agree its deficiencies relative to a necro are fairly significant.

PatChapp
09-15-2022, 07:09 AM
Yeah I enjoyed leveling my mage,and I didn't enjoy leveling a necro. So for what it's worth play what you enjoy.
Mages also kinda fun to raid with if you get some of the da clickies.

LordVictor
09-16-2022, 12:48 AM
Omg not a day goes by without my poor mage main on blue being trashed on these forums....

I agree with people here that Necro is more powerful than mage due to its versatility - the ceiling with its soloing potential is certainly higher. Mage is still very good at soloing (possibly even faster than necro) up until 55, but as people mention it does get harder after that - but there are many places to grind xp solo all the same, and without much difficulty. But the class obviously can't compare to solo artist classes like Enc or shaman, or Nec. Also fares worse than druid, which is probably the 4th best solo class. So to answer OP's question, what's the reason anyone would play a mage?

Well, I picked mage on live and on blue server because I like two things very much: nuking, and summoned pets. And mage is obviously the class that exemplifies that combo more than any other class, being 2nd only to wiz with nukes and 1st with regards to summoned pets.

Although lack of CC sucks, it is also what makes the class' gameplay unique and intriguing - it is a true pet class in the sense that your life depends on your pet. That adds a twist to the gameplay and forces you to really pay attention to your surroundings and how to manage your pet's HP, rather than just your own. At higher levels it also makes each fight a little more nerve-wracking, which I think adds to the fun. There's little room for error. You have to be good at managing two players in a way.

Play mage if you love nuking (I personally find DoTs boring) and being a true pet class, i.e. the gameplay. Otherwise, I agree its deficiencies relative to a necro are fairly significant.

I like the fantasy of having powerful servants and powerful spells at my disposal. However, if my pets would't be able to kill anything, I will have mostly the most boring element(fire) and everything will resist my spells, I rather be the master of life and death.

Stats aside, having an spectre as your servant(Emissary of Thule) seems more interesting than an elemental. Now, if I could have ice golems, gargoyles, and use powerful magic outside of the most overrated element(fire) which is hard to resist, I would play an mage.

I din't created this thread to bash mages, I created to see if someone can give me a good reason to play as one.

Selene
09-16-2022, 04:23 AM
no offense taken, i'm not saying you're bashing mages. i think if you surveyed players, you'd find 9/10 of them would choose necro over mage. they're just more powerful.

the point i was trying to make was that if you place a premium on versatility and variety, whether of gameplay or capabilities, as most people do in this game, then necro is the clear choice. mages are for niche players who just love blowing things up with nukes while also having the strongest pets in the game. and yes, the nukes work great outside of raid targets. even more so than almost any class, since mages have the best line of resistance debuffs spells (slightly lower than a shaman's but still gets the job done)

i want to point out in your reply, that the mage pets can kill a lot of things - more so than necro pets or any other summoned pets can. so i assume you are referring to raid targets, in which case a necro's pets and offensive spells are equally useless as a mage's.

the specter pet (EoT) is definitely cool, but it's still weaker than a mage's pets in the endgame. the wiki has its HP at 2700, while an unfocused earth pet at that level has 3200 hp while also being able to root. a focused water pet in the endgame has about 3200 hp as well, while also nuking for >100 every 6 seconds and backstabbing for 168.

but anyhow, a mage at 60 can run around with monster summoning III - so i can have a specter pet, a zombie pet, or a mummy pet if i'm in the right zone :D. as well as any other form of NPC that is not humanoid - it's fun sending a griffin pet to smack things too. caveat being that there are no special stats/abilities between them, but hey, i'll take a 3450 HP pet any day if it can look like a mermaid or even a dragon!

Encroaching Death
09-16-2022, 10:10 AM
I play a Necro, but not because I enjoy pet classes. I don't, actually.

I play a Necro because I like the concept of turning your HP/Mana into some other benefit.

I like that I can use Lich, use that mana to twitch Clerics - then self-heal with a leech dot/lifetap - then use that health to heal a dying tank. Self-heal again to 100% and use that health to gain more mana with Lich. Repeat.

Yes. I enjoy grouping with my Necro. Twitching is awesome. I am weird.

Also dots are great. Root-rotting is ROFL gameplay. Imagine someone root rotting you IRL...how pissed would you be?

unsunghero
09-16-2022, 08:22 PM
Also dots are great. Root-rotting is ROFL gameplay. Imagine someone root rotting you IRL...how pissed would you be?

If mobs had brains I’m sure they would think it is the most infuriating ways to lose a fight/die

LordVictor
09-16-2022, 10:23 PM

Imagine blood magic from necro IRL. Someone casting boil blood on you or blood boil in other games like vtmb > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZWAbkABMAg

mages are for niche players who just love blowing things up with nukes while also having the strongest pets in the game. and yes, the nukes work great outside of raid targets. even more so than almost any class, since mages have the best line of resistance debuffs spells (slightly lower than a shaman's but still gets the job done)

Yep. I like the fantasy of having powerful offensive spells and a powerful servant to serve me. As for rsistance debuffs, mage MALO reduces enemy resists by -45 while blood spells has -100 to resist. As for pets, don't forget the charmed undead.

An charmed A Forsaken Revenant would have 10k hp and deal up to 360 damage per hit.