PDA

View Full Version : Orb of Tishan for necro

zelld52
09-08-2022, 03:39 PM
Hey all - level 44 on necro. Was trying some high 30s / level 40 mobs (Xalgoz) and noticed a shit ton of resists. Would an Orb of Tishan be worth it in the long-run (heading towards level 60) the 6-7k+ to purchase? (Or bid on next time guild gets one from Talendor / Sev?)

Or, should I just suck it up and stick to lower level mobs?

Theenks

Crede
09-09-2022, 12:32 AM
Hey all - level 44 on necro. Was trying some high 30s / level 40 mobs (Xalgoz) and noticed a shit ton of resists. Would an Orb of Tishan be worth it in the long-run (heading towards level 60) the 6-7k+ to purchase? (Or bid on next time guild gets one from Talendor / Sev?)

Or, should I just suck it up and stick to lower level mobs?

Theenks

Pass, more of a bard weapon imo. I had no issues with kaesora resists and charmed there until 46 or so.

PestilentCancer
09-16-2022, 11:14 AM
I use it to lower mr on mobs I intend to do long term charm shenanigans with. It makes charm last longer and most necro CC spells are mr based. Charms, lulls, roots, fears, screaming terror, all become more consistent against that mob. Proc it on Xalgoz and you can absolutely pants him with charm. Falgiron Staff would be easier to acquire though. Just go hang out in Skyshrine for a bit, I am sure someone would let you loot one. Seen more than one rot while I was there. Procs at level 1.

Encroaching Death
09-16-2022, 11:59 AM
I use it to lower mr on mobs I intend to do long term charm shenanigans with. It makes charm last longer and most necro CC spells are mr based. Charms, lulls, roots, fears, screaming terror, all become more consistent against that mob. Proc it on Xalgoz and you can absolutely pants him with charm. Falgiron Staff would be easier to acquire though. Just go hang out in Skyshrine for a bit, I am sure someone would let you loot one. Seen more than one rot while I was there. Procs at level 1.

Nice, that's a decent item regardless of the proc. Might have to hang around Skyshrine...

zelld52
09-16-2022, 12:49 PM

oooh thanks, yeah i didnt even know about this item

Kich867
09-20-2022, 03:31 PM
Pass, more of a bard weapon imo. I had no issues with kaesora resists and charmed there until 46 or so.

I saw this mentioned on a bard guide, and on one hand its obvious why--bards can get in the mix better--but I was kind of curious, what it was that bards actually do with it?

Is it just something you put on until it procs so you can more easily land certain songs on it? Or is it more to just help groups in general with landing roots/mezzes/charms or whatever?

Crede
09-20-2022, 05:47 PM
I saw this mentioned on a bard guide, and on one hand its obvious why--bards can get in the mix better--but I was kind of curious, what it was that bards actually do with it?

Is it just something you put on until it procs so you can more easily land certain songs on it? Or is it more to just help groups in general with landing roots/mezzes/charms or whatever?

All of the above :)

And easier to incorporate into your play vs the pure casters who can use it. Just a solid item I would not pass up on a bard.

Toxigen
09-20-2022, 05:51 PM
wow i saw this post and then totally forgot i have a bard character....with an orb of tishan

lol

Vivitron
09-21-2022, 12:05 PM

I don't have one yet on my bard. I haven't missed it solo (although maybe there is some content I haven't tried where it is good), but on rare occasions I have been at a raid where we engaged something slowable without an enchanter immediately available and that's where I have wanted it. It is a better tash than on a Journeyman's Walking Stick.