PDA

View Full Version : Tricks to use banks for Evil races

Encroaching Death
09-08-2022, 10:38 AM
I know of a few tricks to use banks as an evil race, but I might not know them all.

I think everyone knows how to bank at North Freeport (feign death and peak around the wall, etc)

This is also possible in Kelethin (which is great because that entire continent is tough for evils)

Are there any more tricks to bank at different cities? I'm an Iksar Necro (with FD) and I think it would be helpful to bank at Felwithe, for example. I know that bank has a little cubby space off to the side. Is it possible to bank there (or any other bank)?

loramin
09-08-2022, 11:09 AM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction_Tricks has a list of general ways to get around faction, but it's not specific to bankers.

Infectious
09-08-2022, 11:10 AM
You don't need to FD, the banker just can't see you. Which means you can bank through walls... OT and so on.

Encroaching Death
09-08-2022, 02:37 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction_Tricks has a list of general ways to get around faction, but it's not specific to bankers.

That's a good list. It talks about the Amulet of Necropotence, but Necros can also use their lich line of spells to change into a skeleton. That could probably be added under the "Class-Specific Fixes" section. Not sure if you know someone who edits the wiki or not.

loramin
09-08-2022, 03:29 PM
That could probably be added under the "Class-Specific Fixes" section. Not sure if you know someone who edits the wiki or not.

https://i.imgur.com/ZBND1y1.png

Encroaching Death
09-08-2022, 04:12 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ZBND1y1.png

I answered the call of duty: https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction_Tricks :cool:

loramin
09-08-2022, 05:24 PM
I answered the call of duty: https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction_Tricks :cool:

https://i.imgur.com/CzRuQmN.gif

:D

Pootle
09-09-2022, 04:27 AM
Faction in Freeport, is what my Ikky did.

PatChapp
09-09-2022, 07:08 AM
You can get neriak faction super easily using the red wine quest. Takes a few bags of wine and your at least able to vendor and bank without hassle.

sideshow
09-09-2022, 08:05 AM
For toons that have it, sneak is great. Used this trick with vendors in EC, NK, and WK with my iksar monk to sell vendor trash and buy supplies. Very convenient.

Encroaching Death
09-09-2022, 08:05 AM
You can get neriak faction super easily using the red wine quest. Takes a few bags of wine and your at least able to vendor and bank without hassle.

Yeah, I've been meaning to do this.

I heard it's really easy and I could probably do it in Skeleton illusion.

Finarfin
09-09-2022, 06:46 PM
Can bank anywhere if you can solo pull the banker. Bankers can be used even while they are beating on you

PatChapp
09-09-2022, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I've been meaning to do this.

I heard it's really easy and I could probably do it in Skeleton illusion.

I don't even think skele illusion is required for iksar necros.

knottyb0y
09-13-2022, 10:31 AM
You don't need to FD, the banker just can't see you. Which means you can bank through walls... OT and so on.

Ive never been able to successfully bank through the walls in OT. Is there a video or something of doing that step by step?

loramin
09-13-2022, 10:39 AM
Ive never been able to successfully bank through the walls in OT. Is there a video or something of doing that step by step?

The key trick is to use SHIFT + T to open up the Titles view (ie. 3rd person view). This will let you stand outside, but drag your mouse around to get an angle that lets you view inside.

Pootle
09-13-2022, 10:46 AM

Yes, i forgot about that.

MurderDeathKill the Halfers in NekForrest till the guards dont KOS you, then Red wine quest.

Just have to watch out for the one guard on 'The Dead' faction, who paths close to the door going down to the underground bank area.

Infectious
09-13-2022, 10:19 PM
The key trick is to use SHIFT + T to open up the Titles view (ie. 3rd person view). This will let you stand outside, but drag your mouse around to get an angle that lets you view inside.

Naa open door, run behind banker in 3rd person and click banker. Same as North Freeport bank

Tnair
09-23-2022, 03:44 PM
The Rivervale banker can be clicked by standing outside against the wall and moving the 3rd person camera around to look in the door

Encroaching Death
09-23-2022, 04:56 PM
The Rivervale banker can be clicked by standing outside against the wall and moving the 3rd person camera around to look in the door

Awesome, another good trick thanks

jolanar
09-26-2022, 08:59 AM
Kelethin, Halas, Grobb, Freeport, Neriak are all easily accessible safely with a simple line of sight camera trick. Just need invis to get in position. FV and OT are also both accessible, however they are not as safe due to wandering mobs/guards.

Qeynos has a bank for both good and evil characters.

That basically covers everything geographically.

Encroaching Death
09-26-2022, 09:47 AM
Kelethin, Halas, Grobb, Freeport, Neriak are all easily accessible safely with a simple line of sight camera trick. Just need invis to get in position. FV and OT are also both accessible, however they are not as safe due to wandering mobs/guards.

Qeynos has a bank for both good and evil characters.

That basically covers everything geographically.

True, I've basically adapted to a point where I don't even feel the negative aspects of being an iksar necro anymore.

I was worried about Faydwer, but it ain't no thang. I believe I also grinded The Warrens when I was lower level so Odus is fine too.

sideshow
09-26-2022, 12:19 PM
True, I've basically adapted to a point where I don't even feel the negative aspects of being an iksar necro anymore.

I was worried about Faydwer, but it ain't no thang. I believe I also grinded The Warrens when I was lower level so Odus is fine too.

Ya I agree. I did not play an evil character for a long time because I was concerned about banking/vendors. There really are a lot of good quality of life tricks to mitigate most of the inconvenience.

Zuranthium
10-07-2022, 08:53 PM
That's a good list. It talks about the Amulet of Necropotence, but Necros can also use their lich line of spells to change into a skeleton. That could probably be added under the "Class-Specific Fixes" section. Not sure if you know someone who edits the wiki or not.

Skeleton illusion making people non-KOS in non-evil aligned places is not Classic. I was quite confused on p99 when I saw Amulet of Necropotence making people indifferent faction in Halas and other such places. That should not be happening.

Wolf form is what would make evil people non-KoS in many places, but there were still certain good/neutral NPC's that disliked this form too.

Tethler
10-08-2022, 12:59 AM

You don't even need a view of the OT banker. I just run up against the outside of the wall and right click the wall with no target, and the bank window opens if you're close enough.

Encroaching Death
10-08-2022, 12:38 PM
Skeleton illusion making people non-KOS in non-evil aligned places is not Classic. I was quite confused on p99 when I saw Amulet of Necropotence making people indifferent faction in Halas and other such places. That should not be happening.

Wolf form is what would make evil people non-KoS in many places, but there were still certain good/neutral NPC's that disliked this form too.

I should clarify, skeleton form only helps you with certain NPCs (I imagine are on some sort of neutral faction)

Like there is a gypsy NPC in East Commonlands that is Dubious to me until I skeleton illusion. Then she will sell to me.

Same trick for Bubar in the EC Tunnel. Don't have to use the Shady Coinstealer NPC.

Jimjam
10-08-2022, 01:09 PM
Generally skeleton doesn’t have a race faction modifier, so by using skeleton illusion your race modifier should be set to zero.

This will improve faction for places which don’t like your eace (and the opposite - worsen faction with people that like your character because if it’s race)…

Jibartik
10-08-2022, 03:43 PM
Mad world when you'll kill someone for being from the next town over, but everyone is down to sell to skeletons.

Encroaching Death
10-08-2022, 05:16 PM
Mad world when you'll kill someone for being from the next town over, but everyone is down to sell to skeletons.

Everyone is in the Halloween spirit

Jibartik
10-08-2022, 05:26 PM
"I hate those dark elves, they summon horrific undead into this world!"

"Oh welcome to my store, skeleton, can I offer you any wares?"

Jimjam
10-08-2022, 05:54 PM

Honestly it feels like an oversight. Especially as npc skeletons are kos.

magnetaress
10-08-2022, 07:38 PM
I know of a few tricks to use banks as an evil race, but I might not know them all.

I think everyone knows how to bank at North Freeport (feign death and peak around the wall, etc)

This is also possible in Kelethin (which is great because that entire continent is tough for evils)

Are there any more tricks to bank at different cities? I'm an Iksar Necro (with FD) and I think it would be helpful to bank at Felwithe, for example. I know that bank has a little cubby space off to the side. Is it possible to bank there (or any other bank)?

Only reason to ask a question like this is foreknowledge of a real new pvp server and wanting to get ready

magnetaress
10-08-2022, 07:39 PM
Anyone mention u can you can stand above the gnome bankers in akanon and los them yet?

Jibartik
10-08-2022, 08:39 PM
Honestly it feels like an oversight. Especially as npc skeletons are kos.

yeah, but to be fair oversights like that are like the in game James Webb discoveries that really make me love this game :o

Zuranthium
10-09-2022, 04:21 PM
Generally skeleton doesn’t have a race faction modifier, so by using skeleton illusion your race modifier should be set to zero.

This will improve faction for places which don’t like your race

Skeleton illusion did not do that in Classic. I had a Necro back then (and saw plenty of others running around), being in skelly form did not suddenly make us non-KOS to Barbarians, Wood Elves, etc. Whereas on p99 when I went into Halas as a Dark Elf and clicked AoN, suddenly I wasn't KoS.

Foxplay
10-09-2022, 08:25 PM
Create a lvl 1 human / half elf in Freeport, run it to EC tunnel

Ask people to for help with xfers

Done, you pretty much never have to use a NPC bank ever again

Jimjam
10-10-2022, 02:56 AM
Skeleton illusion did not do that in Classic. I had a Necro back then (and saw plenty of others running around), being in skelly form did not suddenly make us non-KOS to Barbarians, Wood Elves, etc. Whereas on p99 when I went into Halas as a Dark Elf and clicked AoN, suddenly I wasn't KoS.

Sure it did. The skeleton only removed your race modifier. You still had your class, deity and actions modifiers, which as a necro was enough to make you still kos n

PatChapp
10-10-2022, 07:28 AM
What diety do you follow now? If your agnostic that makes a huge difference over inny/cazic/bertox

Encroaching Death
10-10-2022, 08:20 AM
I tested skeleton illusion last night in Neriak.

As a Iksar Necro, I went from Threatening to Amiable using Call of Bones (level 34 lich spell)

It only works with factions who are cool with skeletons, I assume. I also use it with a handful of neutral(?) faction NPCs who are otherwise Dubious with me. Bubar in the tunnel for food/drink, and Romya(?) as she sells Peridots, and other gems.

Zuranthium
10-12-2022, 05:03 AM
Sure it did. The skeleton only removed your race modifier. You still had your class, deity and actions modifiers, which as a necro was enough to make you still kos

Nah, other classes under skeleton illusion had the same thing happen. We had duels back then and Ignite Bones turns other people into skeletons. No evil race players were suddenly non-KoS to good-aligned guards just because they were a skeleton.

Found a thread where someone was doing research on this matter - https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271322

The skelly illusion was giving improved evil-aligned faction until 2001, at which point it was changed to not give any faction benefit.

Ripqozko
10-12-2022, 08:54 AM
Just goto thurg, simple port and you can bank and sell no matter race.

Encroaching Death
10-12-2022, 09:00 AM

That's convenient, thanks!

Swish
10-13-2022, 12:16 AM
As has already been stated you just need to be out of the banker's line of sight.

Ones that haven't been mentioned...

In Overthere you can click the banker from the wall outside (spam click til you get it)
In Highkeep you can run up invis on the right side wall as you face the banker and click out of line of sight (Captain Bosec will attack you if he's around).

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 06:08 AM
As has already been stated you just need to be out of the banker's line of sight.

Ones that haven't been mentioned...

In Overthere you can click the banker from the wall outside (spam click til you get it)
In Highkeep you can run up invis on the right side wall as you face the banker and click out of line of sight (Captain Bosec will attack you if he's around).

I love the gif in your signature. It's perfect.

Tethler
10-16-2022, 11:25 PM

This is really convenient if you take the 2 hours or w/e to get pottery to, what was it, 115 or 120? Thurg gate pots are cheap to craft from easily farmable mats from crystal caverns.