PDA

View Full Version : Jboots or Fungi, what to get first?

sentinel
09-05-2022, 06:05 PM
I'm pretty well kitted out in all my slots including weapons until 50 (currently lvl 30). I use SCHW for haste. I play a monk named Tailsweep on blue server.

From previous characters I no longer wish to play, I have ~30k saved up after I sell my JBB. I was thinking on what I should purchase next and I thought as a practical matter I should get jboots (which I can get now for 5k). OR I could continue saving for a fungi. I will prioritize leveling, I'm just saying save everything until I can buy it. I will be honest, I have always wanted a fungi. I'm dying to have one. BUT Jboots are handy, though with FD the safety benefit of jboots is diminished, but then maybe I can use them for pulling better.

Anyway, any thoughts on this? I have mainly black panther gear, 6/65 rings, orc fang earrings, etc

DeathsSilkyMist
09-05-2022, 06:16 PM
Fungi should be the priority. You can use SoW potions until then, unless they really annoy you. With FD you can save yourself anyway, and JBoots don't work in dungeons, if you prefer to fight there.

sentinel
09-05-2022, 06:55 PM
TY.

I have a peacebringer and adamantite club/SoS combo. I think I am going to sell the 1handers as peacebringer seems sufficient for a long time.

Toxigen
09-06-2022, 10:54 AM
TY.

I have a peacebringer and adamantite club/SoS combo. I think I am going to sell the 1handers as peacebringer seems sufficient for a long time.

Do yourself a favor and sell all 3, buy an IFS to save the 6.0 weight.

sentinel
09-06-2022, 01:18 PM
Meh, weight barely has any effect below 50, it's like 4 ac right now for me. Maybe I'll get one later.

Troxx
09-06-2022, 02:40 PM
Do yourself a favor and sell all 3, buy an IFS to save the 6.0 weight.

^ this

IMO if you’re close to fungi skip the jboots for now. Sow potions are cheap and will hold you over well enough any time you can’t beg a sow and aren’t grouped with a class (3 out of 14) that can cast it.

sentinel
09-11-2022, 03:34 PM
FINE! I got a IFS. So far, the Peacebringer was much more fun to play with due to more attacks and more consistency.

Trelaboon
12-28-2022, 11:28 AM
Fungi would be my priority. SoW pots are cheap and a lot of the time you can just bum a SoW or get it from a group mate, or are indoors. Fungi basically lasts forever. I still have mine from when I first bought it in like 2014.

eqravenprince
12-29-2022, 10:41 AM
FINE! I got a IFS. So far, the Peacebringer was much more fun to play with due to more attacks and more consistency.

Yep, never been a fan of slow weapons. Probably just an illusion, but seems to do better.

Toxigen
12-29-2022, 10:56 AM
Sweet summer child, you will know the value of the slow weapon some day.

Encroaching Death
12-29-2022, 11:36 AM
I soloed my JBoots on my Monk. I'm not twinked in the slightest.

I'd definitely prioritize Fungi over JBoots.

Buy SoW pots/ask for SoW until level 50 or so, then go to OOT and jump in line for the AC.

There's usually like 6 Druids there and they'll buff you/help you with killing mobs.

fortior
01-02-2023, 03:14 PM
On any other melee class jboots for safety while running, but you have an invulnerability button. Also, slow weapons >>>> fast weapons while soloing due to better ripostes and being riposted hurting less, plus damage shields won't fuck you up immediately (very relevant in chardok, droga).

Fungi ftw. If you are in a guild that raids, skyshrine bp has a nice clicky heal and good stats, but you really cant beat 15 standing regen