PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Charm/Domination in PvP.

LordVictor
09-02-2022, 07:21 PM
Some curiosities of mine. In PvP :

Can you charm players as an enchanter?
Can you cast Beguile Undead into another's necro pet?
Can you cast Beguile undead into another's PC who used an high level"lich" spell to become undead?

Karanis
09-02-2022, 09:24 PM
You could charm other players in actual classic, but not on p99.

No

No

LordVictor
09-03-2022, 09:43 PM
Thanks a lot. What about pet NPC's, can I charm the pets of the guys in necro guild in queynos? I know that is a suicidal idea but I'm curious.

Karanis
09-04-2022, 03:54 PM
That I can't recall, I want to say the charm spell fails if the NPC owner is alive, but if you kill the owner first, you may be able to charm their pet.

Jibartik
09-04-2022, 08:01 PM
you can charm a pet, and when you break it and mem blur it it disappears.

Garnaak
09-05-2022, 02:45 AM
You could charm other players in actual classic, but not on p99.

No

No

Been so many years ago now, but IIRC when I was mid 40s monk I went to the arena for an event (on Live), only to get charmed by a high level and forced to attack others until I was dead. Fun times.

Today on P99 I went to the pvp area in Paineel with a mage, charmed his pet. It instantly poofed - Reclaim Energy style but without any mana return for him. I would assume the same thing would happen to a player necro pet if it got charmed.

Videri
09-05-2022, 03:31 PM
Some curiosities of mine. In PvP :

Can you charm players as an enchanter?
Can you cast Beguile Undead into another's necro pet?
Can you cast Beguile undead into another's PC who used an high level"lich" spell to become undead?

No (as answered above)

Yes, but it makes the pet disappear (all sorts of answers above, but this answer is correct). You can't take control of another player's pet in pvp on P99; you can only poof it.

No.

Have fun, man!