PDA

View Full Version : Rings of Power watch party.

Pages : [1] 2

Trungep99
09-01-2022, 06:13 PM
Ok so the show comes out tonight. I think 9 or 10 pm east. I’m aware of the bad press, don’t need everyone reminding me. But I am still curious to see the most expensive show ever made. Regardless if it’s good or bad I’ll at least see the first two episodes. I gave the terrible resident evil a chance before turning it off lol. I have a little more hope for this show since I have a real life friend who praised it from going to a screening in NYC.

Anyone else going to give it a watch?

Jibartik
09-01-2022, 06:16 PM
Ill watch! Thanks for the reminder.

Homesteaded
09-01-2022, 07:17 PM
Where can I watch?

Trungep99
09-01-2022, 07:45 PM
Where can I watch?

Amazon Prime app

Raj
09-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Most expensive show ever made? Is this true??

Will be epic levels of failure my friends if Amazon still doesnt know how to make good shows LoL :cool:

I think they need to rely less on spectacle and CGI/costumes....and pony up more cold hard cash for A-list actors, A-list directors, A-list writers etc.

Their crap will all be bad if they dont pay for any fantastic directors, actors, or writers. How can Bezos be so dense if this fails too?? :cool:

*Cue maniacal Lex Luthor Jeff Bezos laugh*

Reiwa
09-01-2022, 11:27 PM
dwarves eat dinner after the children go to bed

Reiwa
09-02-2022, 12:06 AM
did we really need another female power fantasy after game of thrones? galadriel is just a girl boss with bad skin

Trungep99
09-02-2022, 12:21 AM
did we really need another female power fantasy after game of thrones? galadriel is just a girl boss with bad skin

It may not be for everyone, but I’m assuming it’s going to be a story of seeing her change and grow as a character if they do it right

Reiwa
09-02-2022, 12:31 AM
It may not be for everyone, but I’m assuming it’s going to be a story of seeing her change and grow as a character if they do it right

I did like it. It wasn't LOTR, but I like other stuff too.

Jibartik
09-02-2022, 02:30 AM
Yeah that was greaet!

I just watched the frist episode. I had goosbumps legit for the first 15 mins, the voice over part was so bad ass, and when they go to the wrath of the lich king expansion that was so awesome!!! Im loving this ninja elf ranger too

as far as did we really need another female power fantasy after game of thrones? galadriel is just a girl boss with bad skin

imo that was handled right in this show, vs game of thrones. Like game of thrones's new show is so heavy handed like that, while galadrial, is just a dope character.

imo it felt right

the racist hobbits though is totally racist.

that'd be like if they made the orcs american indian themed lol

"irish shounds poor to me, so lets do that"

"i think thats an old racist thing from over there"

"who cares this is america"

its like 1980s level hollywood obtuse that I miss with all the cancel culture.

Reiwa
09-02-2022, 03:01 AM
Yeah that was greaet!

I just watched the frist episode. I had goosbumps legit for the first 15 mins, the voice over part was so bad ass, and when they go to the wrath of the lich king expansion that was so awesome!!! Im loving this ninja elf ranger too

as far as

imo that was handled right in this show, vs game of thrones. Like game of thrones's new show is so heavy handed like that, while galadrial, is just a dope character.

imo it felt right

intro was war of wrath so numenor should exist at this point and al pharazon seems to be in the show. Dunno if they're gonna include the important stuff.

The guy on the 'boat' with her looked a lot like Vigo Mortensen so maybe!

Reiwa
09-02-2022, 03:13 AM
do I have it right that this is just after they threw melkor morgoth(elf Lucifer) out the door of night and lotr earth (Arda) quit being flat and became round?

Patrece
09-02-2022, 09:17 AM
No one is surprised who is shilling this here.

unsunghero
09-02-2022, 11:53 AM
I’ve trusted this guy’s reviews for years, all throughout GoT. He’s a straight shooter

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y1Q9XZddeM

Jibartik
09-02-2022, 01:00 PM
intro was war of wrath so numenor should exist at this point and al pharazon seems to be in the show. Dunno if they're gonna include the important stuff.

I had no idea who the first episode was about, I was like, so where are the rings? but I guess that's coming up? I see you are like steven colbert with lotr knowledge.

Ep2 was definitly more establishment pandery than episode 1, HBO style, but oh well, hollywood "directs our culture" in this country, so if this is the way they want america to be this is the way it will be.

By the way, if violence in video games and movies, does not cause violence, why does social justice in them cause social justice?

#ban movies and video games they cause violence

Reiwa
09-02-2022, 01:47 PM

I had no idea who the first episode was about, I was like, so where are the rings? but I guess that's coming up? I see you are like steven colbert with lotr knowledge.

Ep2 was definitly more establishment pandery than episode 1, HBO style, but oh well, hollywood "directs our culture" in this country, so if this is the way they want america to be this is the way it will be.

By the way, if violence in video games and movies, does not cause violence, why does social justice in them cause social justice?

#ban movies and video games they cause violence

don't read this dummiescelebrimbor wants the dwarves to build a tower(barad dur). that actor is always evil character. he has already been corrupted at this point i guess.

gil-galad actor is ugly

peterpal
09-02-2022, 06:31 PM
The show shits on House of the Dragons in the actor, costumes and makeup department.

And I really like the portrayal of each fantasy races. Elves feel and look like elves compared to even the original LOTR movies except maybe Arwen. I didn't buy Mr. Smith Hugo Weaving as an Elf at all. I'm already liking it way more than the trash Hobbit movies

Jibartik
09-02-2022, 06:36 PM
yeah way better than hobbit for sure.

Jibartik
09-02-2022, 07:22 PM
Oh shit does anyone else think the Snail eating scene was just propaganda by the WEF to condition us to eat bugs?

Wtf was up with that, fuckn juicy crunchy delicious raw bugs for hobbits now? Wtf.

unsunghero
09-02-2022, 07:30 PM
Oh shit does anyone else think the Snail eating scene was just propaganda by the WEF to condition us to eat bugs?

Wtf was up with that, fuckn juicy crunchy delicious raw bugs for hobbits now? Wtf.

Definitely don’t eat snails, or at least uncooked snails

Remember the Australian guy who ate one on a dare and contracted some parasite which destroyed his brain? Was fucked up

Reiwa
09-02-2022, 07:48 PM

LOL

Reiwa
09-02-2022, 07:54 PM
any guesses for meteor man?it's not gandalfit's also not sauronit's glorfindel

Jibartik
09-02-2022, 07:58 PM
It's will forte's character from last man on earth, and they are merging lotr and his prematurely canceled series to bring us the ending we deserved.

https://i.imgur.com/lu3uz6B.png

Arteker
09-02-2022, 09:26 PM
this show is worse epic fail example than a BDA raid on kunark.
prime example of Consume and stfu product.

Ooloo
09-05-2022, 01:35 PM
[spoiler]By the way, if violence in video games and movies, does not cause violence, why does social justice in them cause social justice?

social justice in movies and games and TV doesn't cause social justice cause everyone hates it and can tell it's pandering. People generally don't like having their intelligence insulted when they want to just enjoy something. Hence get woke go broke.

unsunghero
09-05-2022, 01:42 PM
This has always, and will always, be the coolest character in Tolkien mythology

Anyone that makes the strongest villains in the entire Tolkien universe run away with his laugh is a beast

I wouldn’t mind a (black, obviously) version of him being put to screen someday

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MMMAW213GT4

hobart
09-05-2022, 09:42 PM
People generally don't like having their intelligence insulted when they want to just enjoy something. Hence get woke go broke.

Trumptards love having their intelligence insulted. In fact, they're usually to stupid, or too busy seeing marxist/satanic messages in Sponge Bob, to even notice...

Elizondo
09-05-2022, 11:06 PM
Trumptards love having their intelligence insulted. In fact, they're usually to stupid, or too busy seeing marxist/satanic messages in Sponge Bob, to even notice...

Zondo's Law proven one again

Castle2.0
09-06-2022, 12:58 AM
Hard pass, not watching a minute of it.

Reiwa
09-06-2022, 01:03 AM
Hard pass, not watching a minute of it.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18640&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1662440312

Would you change your mind if The Stranger is Glorfindel?

I will be extremely pissed if it's Gandalf or some made up character. He did already eat bugs.

unsunghero
09-06-2022, 02:34 AM
I heard a rumor, not sure if it’s still the case, that all IMDB reviews below a certain score (I think 6) for Rings of Power were not (or still are not) able to be seen. Not the case at the time for, say, House of the Dragon. Apparently the reason is that Amazon owns IMDB

So the thing they own, is the thing that shows people reviews of another thing they own. Cause that’s fair….

Also, they’ve apparently suspended reviews so they can get a moderator team to deal with negative “review brigading”

So…uh…what’s the difference and how would you know the difference between lot of organic negative reviews from a “brigade”. Because it kinda looks like they’re going to be scrubbing any bad reviews they subjectively don’t like. Up to and including all of them

Raj
09-06-2022, 08:04 AM
Typical Amazon with juked reviews :cool:

Amazon's big success has been partially built on their juked and fake reviews for a long time now. :cool:

Sample a full episode or 2 of 10+ of their original produced TV shows with 4+ stars out of 5 and tell me I'm wrong :cool:

Trungep99
09-06-2022, 09:23 AM
Despite its flaws, I do have friends mostly those I haven’t seen in a while who have posted positive comments on the show, so there are fans. For me I’ll keep watching it since the second episode with the dwarves was kind of fun and want to see more of them.

I personally rate this show over the hobbit movies, I never liked them. Felt like Peter Jackson selling out.

strongNpretty
09-06-2022, 11:08 AM
Watched first episode yesterday.. It was good. At the very least it is a beautiful show to watch...

I think Episode 1 needed more excitement to grab a hold of the more casual viewers.. You're gonna lose them if you can't rope them in from the start..

I will say i appreciate the hour long episode.. I don't mind waiting a week for an episode if it's an hour long.. But for example She-Hulk- I'm getting real pissed off having to wait a week to see a half hour episode..

And this issue falls on me and my brain- But i have the worst time remembering fantasy character names.. It's the main cause of my confusion with the dialog in these shows- They will drop a name and i'll be like WHO THE FUCK IS THAT?! And it will totally derail me...

So far- 7/10. Episode 2 goes down tonight.

Mblake1981
09-06-2022, 11:45 AM
lol @ watching She-Hulk

zi0f0tzEIIY

strongNpretty
09-07-2022, 08:04 AM
Watched episode 2 last night.. Much much better than episode 1.

Jibartik
09-07-2022, 12:27 PM
I really loved that intro to episode 1 I could have watched like 16 hours of that.

unsunghero
09-07-2022, 09:23 PM
Doesn’t take any bravery to be a woke Hollywood actor

Especially considering it’s career suicide not to be

But my takeaway from this is damn those hobbits look old and that makes me feel old :(

Jibartik
09-07-2022, 11:03 PM
for real you're gonna have to get used to a world where there are black hobbits without thinking thats woke.

woke now is bug eating hobbits to teach kids how to eat goverment food.

like for real, though like, just accept it, black hobbits is chill, its not even close to woke to have black fantasy characters its 2022 give me a dark elf blue skin red eyed hobbit.

unsunghero
09-07-2022, 11:09 PM
give me a dark elf

My absolute giddiness would soon shift to crushing disappointment because modern Hollywood writers and directors suck at their jobs

I also can’t decide which black actor I would want for the role

Ooloo
09-08-2022, 04:33 PM
I guarantee there are basically zero people complaining about black actors for being black actors. They're complaining about lazy, blatantly transparent pandering taking priority over just making a good show. I honestly can't tell if people are too dumb to understand that or are intentionally pretending they don't.

Castle2.0
09-08-2022, 04:44 PM
I love when someone in leftyland Hollywood comes out with something left or far-left in front of all their Hollywood friends at a Hollywood event being broadcast by lefty media...

and they are told they were "so brave" for doing so....

lol

MrSparkle001
09-08-2022, 04:51 PM
I guarantee there are basically zero people complaining about black actors for being black actors. They're complaining about lazy, blatantly transparent pandering taking priority over just making a good show. I honestly can't tell if people are too dumb to understand that or are intentionally pretending they don't.

Remember when it was continually claimed that the criticism of Ghostbusters 2016 was because of misogyny? And it turned out it was just because it was terrible compared to the original?

Excuses, excuses.

Amazon is claiming racism is why there is so much criticism. Ghostbusters 2016 was misogyny, Rings of Power is racism. That's the playbook.

Jibartik
09-08-2022, 05:08 PM
oRkcsuMcrEA

Ooloo
09-08-2022, 05:08 PM
I love when someone in leftyland Hollywood comes out with something left or far-left in front of all their Hollywood friends at a Hollywood event being broadcast by lefty media...

and they are told they were "so brave" for doing so....

lol

Yeah it's so inspiring! I mean does elijah wood actually think there is a single person out there who was thinking prior to this show: "I love the lord of the rings and it's many moral teachings, mainly because there are NO BLACKS!!!". Zero people think that. It's so insipidly stupid, but then again they are actors so I can cut them some slack for being stunningly retarded.

unsunghero
09-08-2022, 06:46 PM
Remember when it was continually claimed that the criticism of Ghostbusters 2016 was because of misogyny? And it turned out it was just because it was terrible compared to the original?

Excuses, excuses.

Amazon is claiming racism is why there is so much criticism. Ghostbusters 2016 was misogyny, Rings of Power is racism. That's the playbook.

At this point I’m beating a dead horse, but there are some advantages and disadvantages to pandering, or in less harsh terms…race and gender-swapping characters

Disadvantages:

- Any publication or big name YouTube commentator that leans right will likely negatively review the product as trying to be woke. Almost all journalists are left leaning, so this means the only negative big name critics you get will likely be youtubers

- A section of the most stubborn conservatives will choose to not see it even if it turns out to be really good

Advantages:

- All left-leaning journalists and critics will gush over the product with good reviews whether it is good or not out of a sense of tribalism to the ideology. Or if they don’t give a good review, they will still likely pull their punches with a negative one

- Even if the product is bad, all negative reviews and critical fans can be dismissed as bigots. This is known as the POC shield

- If the product happens to be really good despite being woke, a decent chunk of moderate conservatives will still see it

As we can see, the advantages seem to outweigh the disadvantages, ESPECIALLY if the product happens to be good

But anyway, I’ve already said this so won’t really be re-mentioning it after this

Chortles Snortles
09-08-2022, 06:53 PM
https://i.imgur.com/jAogLGf.jpg

Mblake1981
09-08-2022, 11:07 PM
https://i.imgur.com/KIUrcmg.png

Yy8vEZT9Z_I

Trungep99
09-08-2022, 11:38 PM
I didn’t mean for this to turn into another politics thread ��

Chortles Snortles
09-08-2022, 11:55 PM
upboated the half life video

nostalgiaquest
09-09-2022, 02:28 AM
Aside from the black actors, what about this series is woke or blatantly transparent?

unsunghero
09-09-2022, 02:54 AM
Aside from the black actors, what about this series is woke or blatantly transparent?

The only other thing I’ve heard, as someone who still hasn’t seen it, is portraying Galadriel as a kind of a Mary Sue warrior which seems to some like a transparent attempt at female empowerment messaging. When you have a character that is naturally great at everything with no flaws, it doesn’t leave much room for growth or character arc, and makes them feel a bit unrelateable. Granted, Galadriel is supposedly one of the most powerful female characters in Tolkien’s mythology, but people might be getting a bit tired of a string of overpowered flawless female heroes like Rey and Captain Marvel one after another in modern movies

(Note: I also haven’t seen She-Hulk and heard that’s bad for a host of other reasons like horrible CGI and bad jokes, but one of the many criticisms is that the main character is kind of a bitch. I never had a problem with that. At least that leaves room for growth. Think about Thor in his first movie. He was arrogant and didn’t respect his own dad, who was a very good person. So I personally have no problem with a character starting with negative personality traits)

Also, making Galadriel a plate-wearing, sword swinging warrior is also much different than how she’s portrayed in the books (supposedly) and the LOTR movies. There seems to be this desire to copy male characteristics in modern female heroes such as being physically strong, a front-line fighter, not showing negative emotion, not being vulnerable, and calling that empowering. You’re just copying masculine traits. It’s more nuanced than this but I don’t feel it’s the best way to portray empowered women

Mblake1981
09-09-2022, 03:07 AM
Also, making Galadriel a plate-wearing, sword swinging warrior is also much different than how she’s portrayed in the books (supposedly) and the LOTR movies. There seems to be this desire to copy male characteristics in modern female heroes such as being physically strong, a front-line fighter, not showing negative emotion, not being vulnerable, and calling that empowering. You’re just copying masculine traits. It’s more nuanced than this but I don’t feel it’s the best way to portray empowered women

thEQ-YMVBaY

Reiwa
09-09-2022, 03:21 AM
The only other thing I’ve heard, as someone who still hasn’t seen it, is portraying Galadriel as a kind of a Mary Sue warrior which seems to some like a transparent attempt at female empowerment messaging. When you have a character that is naturally great at everything with no flaws, it doesn’t leave much room for growth or character arc, and makes them feel a bit unrelateable. Granted, Galadriel is supposedly one of the most powerful female characters in Tolkien’s mythology, but people might be getting a bit tired of a string of overpowered flawless female heroes like Rey and Captain Marvel one after another in modern movies

(Note: I also haven’t seen She-Hulk and heard that’s bad for a host of other reasons like horrible CGI and bad jokes, but one of the many criticisms is that the main character is kind of a bitch. I never had a problem with that. At least that leaves room for growth. Think about Thor in his first movie. He was arrogant and didn’t respect his own dad, who was a very good person. So I personally have no problem with a character starting with negative personality traits)

She took part in the Noldor rebellion(while also cursing Feanor!) so it's in character for her to be martial I might surmise.

nostalgiaquest
09-09-2022, 04:31 AM

As someone who has watched the show, I disagree with pretty much all of this. Spoiler warning.

They openly portray multiple character flaws. She’s obsessed with destroying the thing that killed her brother, to a point where it’s consumed her. It’s a story as old as time. She was convinced to sail west back to elf land, but then her obsession caused her to jump off the boat and start swimming back. When she got picked up by the drifting raft that was attacked by the seaworm thingie, she didn’t nobly stay and protect the humans, that bitch jumped off the raft and swam away. Of course she’s a bad ass, she’s a thousand year old max level BIS elf warrior. The fuck you expect?

In the LOTR movies she’s another thousand years older. Does it not make sense that she would be more mature and less warlike?

I feel like a fucking nerd defending Galadriel here, but with both House of Dragons and Rings of Power, I keep hearing about how it’s all woke this and pandering that, but I’m just not seeing it. Are there super woke shit TVs shows out there? sure. But if you can unclench your butthole a little and just watch HoD or RoP, they’re really not bad.

Unsung, am I correct to say that you’re not watching either series due to the wokeness? I feel like I remember you posting something like that at some point. Doesn’t that seem silly to you? You’ve obviously a fan of fantasy, and here are two new well produced fantasies series available. And rather than watch them for yourselves, you chose not to based on clickbait reviews other people wrote?

unsunghero
09-09-2022, 04:54 AM
As someone who has watched the show, I disagree with pretty much all of this. Spoiler warning.

They openly portray multiple character flaws. She’s obsessed with destroying the thing that killed her brother, to a point where it’s consumed her. It’s a story as old as time. She was convinced to sail west back to elf land, but then her obsession caused her to jump off the boat and start swimming back. When she got picked up by the drifting raft that was attacked by the seaworm thingie, she didn’t nobly stay and protect the humans, that bitch jumped off the raft and swam away. Of course she’s a bad ass, she’s a thousand year old max level BIS elf warrior. The fuck you expect?

In the LOTR movies she’s another thousand years older. Does it not make sense that she would be more mature and less warlike?

I feel like a fucking nerd defending Galadriel here, but with both House of Dragons and Rings of Power, I keep hearing about how it’s all woke this and pandering that, but I’m just not seeing it. Are there super woke shit TVs shows out there? sure. But if you can unclench your butthole a little and just watch HoD or RoP, they’re really not bad.

Unsung, am I correct to say that you’re not watching either series due to the wokeness? I feel like I remember you posting something like that at some point. Doesn’t that seem silly to you? You’ve obviously a fan of fantasy, and here are two new well produced fantasies series available. And rather than watch them for yourselves, you chose not to based on clickbait reviews other people wrote?

Is she a warrior though? Is that how she's portrayed in the books? Wearing plate hacking everyone up with a sword? Galadriel the barbarian?

That's not how I remember her from the LOTR movies. In that she seems like a powerful sagely spellcaster. Seems like quite a switch but hey, maybe she dual-classed after reaching level 13, that's when you unlock the 5 warrior proficiency slots in DnD. I'm basing this off others saying that's not how she's portrayed in the books but someone else said they thought she might have been a warrior before so who knows. I also didn't realize she starts at max or near-max level. But hey, some personality growth is cool, even if her stats are near-max

No, I haven't seen the shows just because I'm lazy when it comes to seeing new movies, tv shows, or reading new books. When people say I should check something out I jokingly tell them I'll add it to a giant backlog of things I've been told are good and I need to check out

All I get currently is netflix too, and pirating stuff seems to be more difficult now for me

Edit: if wisdom and age mean being less of a front line fighter, that doesn't seem to apply to Gandalf, who swings his sword and staff with the best of them. Of course, the explanation for why an old man is swinging a sword in battle is because Gandalf is actually more of an angel, a Maiar who happens to take the form of an old man. Whereas Galadriel really is a female elf

unsunghero
09-09-2022, 05:36 AM
Ok so I did a few mins of digging, found a few “Galadriel was a warrior, BIGOT” articles

Here’s the apparent proof: “Account of Galadriel’s quarrel with the sons of Fëanor at sack of Alqualondë. How she fought...”

““she... fought heroically”

My grandpa fought in WW2 but I don’t recall him telling me he specifically shot anyone. Sometimes fought is used in a more broad sense or using some other tactic than direct physical violence

But there’s also passages that she’s “strong in body and mind” and “athletic”. So while also kinda vague and not mentioning how that compares to the physical strength of male elves I’ll assume her magic and high level makes her a strong elite athlete. I’m cool with that. This is also a fantasy world and while it’s not explicitly said here, in DND for example dark elf females are physically bigger and stronger than males in that world

Encroaching Death
09-09-2022, 09:06 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/Sszb1Cvx/ed2b8cbfc6a5f033e6d039444479d977539219e12d0e311e42 61cde986914a36-1.jpg

strongNpretty
09-09-2022, 09:54 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/Sszb1Cvx/ed2b8cbfc6a5f033e6d039444479d977539219e12d0e311e42 61cde986914a36-1.jpg

DINO!?!?!

Encroaching Death
09-09-2022, 09:56 AM
DINO!?!?!

Maybe...;)

Reiwa
09-09-2022, 10:23 AM
Ok so I did a few mins of digging, found a few “Galadriel was a warrior, BIGOT” articles

Here’s the apparent proof: “Account of Galadriel’s quarrel with the sons of Fëanor at sack of Alqualondë. How she fought...”

““she... fought heroically”

My grandpa fought in WW2 but I don’t recall him telling me he specifically shot anyone. Sometimes fought is used in a more broad sense or using some other tactic than direct physical violence

But there’s also passages that she’s “strong in body and mind” and “athletic”. So while also kinda vague and not mentioning how that compares to the physical strength of male elves I’ll assume her magic and high level makes her a strong elite athlete. I’m cool with that. This is also a fantasy world and while it’s not explicitly said here, in DND for example dark elf females are physically bigger and stronger than males in that world

War of Wrath was kinda her fault anyway. :p

https://i.imgur.com/FTLkmYa.jpg

unsunghero
09-09-2022, 11:12 AM
^
Lol

unsunghero
09-09-2022, 11:22 AM
The other thing about picking a character who is extremely powerful/high level as your story’s protagonist, in a story where you know the main character survives because the story is a prequel, is how are you going to create a sense of suspense in a combat situation?

This is why LOTR being centered around a weak little Frodo as the main character can be so suspenseful

Usually in other stories with a Godlike main character, the suspense comes from protecting the side characters. But the scenarios for these I’ve felt sometimes can be silly. Even choosing to have those much weaker side characters with you unless absolutely necessary is kind of a mistake, because with that much of a power difference a “low level” character is a complete liability

Picture if you had a max level BiS geared p99 char, and you wanted to escort a lowbie through SolA. You wouldn’t tell them “ok fight next to me here and kill as many goblins as you can”. You would say, stay at the ent or way back and I’ll pull every single goblin around and easily massacre them all, then when they’re all dead, you can zip through”

So any story scenario where the OP main character could have said to the side characters “stay back where it’s safe, I’ll go in and wreck all the enemies then you guys come in after everything is dead” is always going to be a smarter approach then bringing them into the fighting and then having to worry about protecting their weak asses ;)

unsunghero
09-09-2022, 12:08 PM
^
A movie that touched on this in a funny, sarcastic way was The Crow, which centered around a literally invincible main character

In the last few combat situations the side character says something to the effect of “ok, the plan is you go in, get them all to shoot at you….once they run out of bullets, I’ll come in and arrest them”. It’s hilarious because not only could it work but that’s how any of us would be thinking

Of course because the crow bird was wounded Eric Draven shows that he is now bleeding from a gunshot and says “sounds like a great plan, there’s just one problem”….to show he’s not invincible anymore

Jibartik
09-09-2022, 12:33 PM
The other thing about picking a character who is extremely powerful/high level as your story’s protagonist, in a story where you know the main character survives because the story is a prequel, is how are you going to create a sense of suspense in a combat situation?

not every movie is about the main character dying at the end :o

For me really this is like, a colorful and interesting version of the like LOTR encicolpedia of knowledge hard core fans have.

So the drama im not intersted in even close to as much as i am thinking "whos that guy? where's he from? why he like that? what does he mean?"

Like in episode 2 when they go into the cloud vajina to get to the new land, that makes me really wonder, wtf is the elf land??? is it like middle earth on steroids?

Encroaching Death
09-09-2022, 01:19 PM
You guys are focusing too much on quality.

Art is dead. And we killed it.

Here's your #7465 Marvel movie with lens flare and explosions.

Iron Man is now in a wheelchair because fuck you. Thanks for the free publicity. Maybe we'll make him have Down Syndrome too. Mad about it? Retweet your frustrations. Thanks for the free publicity. If the movie fails, I can just blame bigots and get rehired for even more money.

Maybe try be less whyte, sweaty? *paints fingernails sassily*

Jibartik
09-09-2022, 01:22 PM
YArt is dead.

ever notice they dont watch movies or listen to music in startrek?

Roddenberry knew his show was 1984 he just was very clever in how he hid it.

strongNpretty
09-12-2022, 03:59 PM
Maybe...;)

Man i've missed you...

Encroaching Death
09-12-2022, 04:37 PM
Man i've missed you...

Missed you too, bud.

What was your old username again?

Reiwa
09-13-2022, 12:30 AM
Missed you too, bud.

That's Waffles' puppydaddy innit?

strongNpretty
09-14-2022, 04:21 PM
Missed you too, bud.

BigJeff100

strongNpretty
09-14-2022, 04:22 PM
That's Waffles' puppydaddy innit?

Bahahahaha!!! Yeah, good memory!!

Encroaching Death
09-14-2022, 04:27 PM
BigJeff100

Ah yeah!

unsunghero
09-16-2022, 07:27 PM
No I still haven’t seen the show, and yes this guy is a sensationalist with a heavy political bias who for some reason thinks shouting everything makes it sound more important

But regardless, if he’s right and the latest episode had a “they took er jerbs” theme that’s pretty funny

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=loSgpTZVjVg

Trungep99
09-20-2022, 10:03 AM
No I still haven’t seen the show, and yes this guy is a sensationalist with a heavy political bias who for some reason thinks shouting everything makes it sound more important

But regardless, if he’s right and the latest episode had a “they took er jerbs” theme that’s pretty funny

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=loSgpTZVjVg

The writing isn’t the greatest. Personally I am watching the show since I have interest in the topic, but even with the cringe scenes it has some well crafted ones too. Love the actor playing Elrond and his interactions with the dwarves. I think that is the best thing they made.

Encroaching Death
09-20-2022, 10:11 AM
The writing isn’t the greatest.

Isn't it the writer's first writing job?

I think that was some of the controversy. They spent...a billion dollars(?) on the project and they hire a writer fresh off the street?

Kind of weird. Probably nepotism.

The show looks like some after-school CW teen drama.

Which is a shame. I always thought Star Wars was too nerdy for me, but The Mandalorian did a lot to bring normies into Star Wars. They could do the same for Lord of the Rings, but they failed with this one imo. It just looks and feels low budget (ironically enough)

Elizondo
09-20-2022, 10:47 AM
D7pKjTfrETI

Encroaching Death
09-20-2022, 10:51 AM
D7pKjTfrETI

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/330/813/67b.jpg

Reiwa
09-20-2022, 11:39 AM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/330/813/67b.jpg

bQH4___OHTc

Encroaching Death
09-20-2022, 11:41 AM
The soyjack is the old hotness.

Nerd emoji is the new hotness.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/002/322/195/062.gif

magnetaress
09-20-2022, 11:48 AM
Stick ur tongue out a little and smile with your eyes at the camera with nostrils subtly flared in expectation for me babe.

magnetaress
09-20-2022, 11:50 AM
The soyjack is the old hotness.

Nerd emoji is the new hotness.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/002/322/195/062.gif

Driving inflation oppressing competitors and creating a surveillance state is an aggression tho 😳

Encroaching Death
09-20-2022, 11:51 AM
Stick ur tongue out a little and smile with your eyes at the camera with nostrils subtly flared in expectation for me babe.

Would you accept this instead?

https://i.postimg.cc/C5CrYyBY/4741.jpg

Elizondo
09-20-2022, 12:03 PM
Problem with communism is said commies never realize that all their ideas are bad and they hikack other people's good ideas/creativity and inject it with their idiotic propaganda which ruins it

Now they've infected Hollywood with their insanity and we're stuck with laughably bad CW shows (with billion dollar CGI) riddled with woketard propaganda pretending to be Lord Of The Rings by Tolkien

This show is soooo cringe it's comical

Reiwa
09-20-2022, 12:12 PM
Problem with communism is said commies never realize that all their ideas are bad and they hikack other people's good ideas/creativity and inject it with their idiotic propaganda which ruins it

Now they've infected Hollywood with their insanity and we're stuck with laughably bad CW shows (with billion dollar CGI) riddled with woketard propaganda pretending to be Lord Of The Rings by Tolkien

This show is soooo cringe it's comical

How many eps have you watched?

Jibartik
09-20-2022, 12:13 PM
I liked life better when most people hated fantasy so I love this show, because it's doing its part.

Mblake1981
09-20-2022, 12:31 PM
But for all the wrong reasons, no keith parkinson art to appreciate here. Fantasy stuff was good but didn't get any respect, this stuff gets instant respect (like New World) but is garbage.

Everquest: "We use a 3d card, we even have a dungeon fully underwater."
Public: "Yawn"

Amazon: "We don't do those things because smart reasons, you wouldn't understand."
Public: "Sounds good."

Jibartik
09-20-2022, 12:35 PM
Because respectable things are the worst things humans have to offer, because humans are greedy, infantile, and stupid.

Mblake1981
09-20-2022, 12:43 PM
Like watching EV's in a drag race, it does the same thing every time.

Reiwa
09-20-2022, 12:50 PM
But for all the wrong reasons, no keith parkinson art to appreciate here. Fantasy stuff was good but didn't get any respect, this stuff gets instant respect (like New World) but is garbage.

Everquest: "We use a 3d card, we even have a dungeon fully underwater."
Public: "Yawn"

Amazon: "We don't do those things because smart reasons, you wouldn't understand."
Public: "Sounds good."

How many eps have you watched?

Mblake1981
09-20-2022, 12:57 PM
Commercials by Kotex.

Reiwa
09-20-2022, 01:03 PM
Commercials by Kotex.

Prime doesn't have commercials yet. You're thinking of Hulu.

Mblake1981
09-20-2022, 01:08 PM
Prime doesn't have commercials yet. You're thinking of Hulu.

It deserves none of my respect, devils advocate.

Elizondo
09-20-2022, 01:08 PM
lol Reiwa triggered

Show is terrible cringe fest

Reiwa
09-20-2022, 01:10 PM
lol Reiwa triggered

Show is terrible cringe fest

How do you know it's bad if you haven't watched it?

Dr YouTube, I presume.

Mblake1981
09-20-2022, 01:12 PM
Commercials by Summer's Eve

Jibartik
09-20-2022, 01:12 PM
I like the show, Im just enjoying learning about how there were 2 saurons.

magnetaress
09-20-2022, 01:13 PM
The 1st episode is a bit rough and all of it's criticism is valid especially the not racist black elf.

However. It's also still pretty deep and Tolkien shines through strongly from Valinor. The "doves" where a nice touch.

Reiwa
09-20-2022, 01:14 PM

Dr YouTube, I presume.

Commercials by Summer's Eve

Elizondo
09-20-2022, 01:15 PM

Dr YouTube, I presume.

Who says I didn't watch it?

How many episodes must one watch in order to be able to say it sucks?

What say you!

UXYtcNm3pN0

Reiwa
09-20-2022, 01:16 PM
I like the show, Im just enjoying learning about how there were 2 saurons.

Celebrimbor is crossdressing as Adar?

Mblake1981
..the figments of my imagination have sewer breath and tell terrible lies.

Jibartik
The 1st episode is a bit rough.

I really did enjoy the first episode, that excursion to the snowy area where the went to find sauron, I was loving that !

Reiwa
09-20-2022, 01:18 PM
Who says I didn't watch it?

How many episodes must one watch in order to be able to say it sucks?

What say you!

UXYtcNm3pN0

She's pulling elf rank, Galadriel was alive before the trees got Pkd. Elrond is some newjack zoomer to her.

Mblake1981
09-20-2022, 01:19 PM
She's pulling elf rank, Galadriel was alive before the trees got Pkd. Elrond is some newjack zoomer to her.

^

"How do you know it's bad if you haven't watched it"

Reiwa
09-20-2022, 01:23 PM
^

"How do you know it's bad if you haven't watched it"

Gil galad is also younger. Ugly actor too.

Jibartik
09-20-2022, 01:23 PM
The plot to this show I am seeing is very closley based on the establishment.

You have one liberal who is like, "the cold war isnt over, and i will do anything I can to make sure we start a 3rd world war"

and then you have a conservative who is like, "you're insane, stop being a child"

but in the meantime the conservative is building some giant furnace for sauron, just like the conservative in real life is doing for trump.

Reiwa
09-20-2022, 01:25 PM
The plot to this show I am seeing is very closley based on the establishment.

You have one liberal who is like, "the cold war isnt over, and i will do anything I can to make sure we start a 3rd world war"

and then you have a conservative who is like, "you're insane, stop being a child"

but in the meantime the conservative is building some giant furnace for sauron, just like the conservative in real life is doing for trump.

Quoting for later. :)

Elizondo
09-20-2022, 01:31 PM
XF6t_4g_YD4

Encroaching Death
09-20-2022, 01:57 PM
The horse riding scene appears without context and suddenly.

The audience isn't told beforehand that she loves horses.

It's also the first time she smiles.

She's a robot.

Reiwa
09-20-2022, 02:04 PM
The horse riding scene appears without context and suddenly.

The audience isn't told beforehand that she loves horses.

She's a robot.

She's cursed. 😭

Encroaching Death
09-20-2022, 02:06 PM
She's cursed. 😭

Sour Man did a fine job then

magnetaress
09-20-2022, 02:29 PM
You guys have weirder fettii than I ever did.

Encroaching Death
09-20-2022, 02:40 PM
You guys have weirder fettii than I ever did.

Are you gonna comment on my Druid cosplay or not?

unsunghero
09-20-2022, 03:06 PM

Trungep99
09-20-2022, 04:17 PM
Isn't it the writer's first writing job?

I think that was some of the controversy. They spent...a billion dollars(?) on the project and they hire a writer fresh off the street?

Kind of weird. Probably nepotism.

The show looks like some after-school CW teen drama.

Which is a shame. I always thought Star Wars was too nerdy for me, but The Mandalorian did a lot to bring normies into Star Wars. They could do the same for Lord of the Rings, but they failed with this one imo. It just looks and feels low budget (ironically enough)

The visual artist did their job for the show, the visuals in some scenes are amazing. And I think the actors are quality.
to me the writing is the biggest problem. But the show isn’t over yet, so we will see where it ends up.

Despite the criticisms, it’s worth atleast watching the first episode to see if people would enjoy it. I have spoken with multiple people I know who said they like the show. So it’s not a dumpster fire like some critics make it out as.

magnetaress
09-20-2022, 09:10 PM
Would you accept this instead?

I'd probably fuck. Yeah.

Encroaching Death
09-20-2022, 09:14 PM
I'd probably fuck. Yeah.

:cool:

Reiwa
09-20-2022, 09:27 PM
Middle-earth, known also as Endor

🧸

Encroaching Death
09-20-2022, 09:30 PM
EverQuest > Star Wars and LOTR

Raj
09-21-2022, 12:49 AM
Most expensive show ever made? Is this true??

Will be epic levels of failure my friends if Amazon still doesnt know how to make good shows LoL :cool:

I think they need to rely less on spectacle and CGI/costumes....and pony up more cold hard cash for A-list actors, A-list directors, A-list writers etc.

Their crap will all be bad if they dont pay for any fantastic directors, actors, or writers. How can Bezos be so dense if this fails too?? :cool:

*Cue maniacal Lex Luthor Jeff Bezos laugh*

Raj
09-21-2022, 12:52 AM
Because respectable things are the worst things humans have to offer, because humans are greedy, infantile, and stupid.

Try to love yourself more my friend, then pass on that love to another. There is no need to remain a smoldering or seething virgin forever. :cool:

Raj
09-21-2022, 12:58 AM
XF6t_4g_YD4

Bravo, just give them the primetime emmys and golden globe prizes already for outstanding performace in a comedy or drama, best music, and cinematography already!! :cool:

magnetaress
09-21-2022, 09:03 AM
Bravo, just give them the primetime emmys and golden globe prizes already for outstanding performace in a comedy or drama, best music, and cinematography already!! :cool:

It's like visiting the carousel at the fair take ur own advice and enjoy it.

magnetaress
09-21-2022, 09:03 AM
Middle-earth, known also as Endor

🧸

lol yess but what i'm mad about is rate limits on replies not this

Jibartik
09-21-2022, 09:06 AM
Try to love yourself more my friend, then pass on that love to another. There is no need to remain a smoldering or seething virgin forever. :cool:

You're supposed to say affirmations into the mirror.

Hope this helps :o

Encroaching Death
09-21-2022, 09:25 AM
You're supposed to say affirmations into the mirror.

Hope this helps :o

I'm a good person and goddammit, people like me.

Reiwa
09-23-2022, 03:07 PM
is this elf/balrog fighting over the tree a Glorfindel reference? Curious! 🧐

Encroaching Death
09-23-2022, 03:16 PM
is this elf/balrog fighting over the tree a Glorfindel reference? Curious! 🧐

Jeeze, Wonkie...spoiler tag please!

unsunghero
09-23-2022, 05:37 PM

She's a robot.

I hope at some point the same person who claimed the elves were coming to take their jobs also says to Galadriel "come on, Dear. Come on honeytits, why don't you give us a smile?" just to really show how much worse the patriarchy is than Sauron ;)

That's always been one of their microaggressions, all these men demanding that their co-workers smile for them and asking in a creepy way. All my life never heard a dude say this btw

Elizondo
09-23-2022, 09:57 PM
This show is such a dumpster fire

Just fan fiction hiding behind a paper thin license

Reiwa
09-23-2022, 10:13 PM
This show is such a dumpster fire

Just fan fiction hiding behind a paper thin license

What did you make of what Finarfin said to Beor in episode 3? I think it has huge implications for the identity of The Stranger and the blonde elf we saw in last night's episode.

unsunghero
09-24-2022, 04:42 AM
No-I-still-havent-seen-it-lets-just-move-past-that

People online were trashing on this swordfighting scene of Guyladriel the Barbarian

I don’t think it’s that bad, but I obviously don’t know the intricacies of sword fighting because I’m not a LARP’ing nerd. The recommendation to focus first on footwork seems smart

I mean, it’s no Rob Roy, Crouching Tiger/Fearless, or Troy but I’ve also definitely seen much worse sword fighting scenes in other stuff

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u3LPmWZ1BBU

Elfminster
09-24-2022, 06:56 AM
Yeah that was greaet!

as far as

imo it felt right

Regarding this 'racism' thing that seems very popular on TV and internet; isn't it racist to tell somebody they're a different race because it's like telling them they're not human?

Mblake1981
09-24-2022, 09:17 AM

People online were trashing on this swordfighting scene of Guyladriel the Barbarian

I don’t think it’s that bad, but I obviously don’t know the intricacies of sword fighting because I’m not a LARP’ing nerd. The recommendation to focus first on footwork seems smart

I mean, it’s no Rob Roy, Crouching Tiger/Fearless, or Troy but I’ve also definitely seen much worse sword fighting scenes in other stuff

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u3LPmWZ1BBU

Rob Roy: Good
Crouching Tiger: Fantasy
Troy: Fantasy

p/s: competition sword fighting is not LARP'ing, you are confusing that with cosplay, and comes from martial arts instead of comic books.

0OgaIuzROrs

The Duelists: Good

YhwIrONyEzg

Encroaching Death
09-24-2022, 09:41 AM

I mean, it’s no Rob Roy, Crouching Tiger/Fearless, or Troy but I’ve also definitely seen much worse sword fighting scenes in other...

That very first dodge she did looked goofy - what was that?

I'm on the same page, I don't know dick about sword fighting so it looked fine to me.

It would've been nice to see the female trainee be all cocky and get her ass kicked. If you're gonna have a female empowerment bent in your series, go all out. Have a piece of shit, sexist, etc etc type of woman in there. Show that women can also have flaws.

Incel out.

unsunghero
09-24-2022, 12:04 PM
Rob Roy: Good
Crouching Tiger: Fantasy
Troy: Fantasy

p/s: competition sword fighting is not LARP'ing, you are confusing that with cosplay, and comes from martial arts instead of comic books.

The Duelists: Good

Oh shit that’s Harvey Keitel, good actor. Never seen that movie

Yea the Asian movies have lots of silly wire-floating but otherwise some of their fight choreography while definitely meant to be more flashy than functional, still can be quite entertaining to watch IMO

Reiwa
09-24-2022, 12:07 PM
That very first dodge she did looked goofy - what was that?

I'm on the same page, I don't know dick about sword fighting so it looked fine to me.

It would've been nice to see the female trainee be all cocky and get her ass kicked. If you're gonna have a female empowerment bent in your series, go all out. Have a piece of shit, sexist, etc etc type of woman in there. Show that women can also have flaws.

Incel out.

You're aware she has the shadow on her by refusing Valinor, yes?

Encroaching Death
09-24-2022, 12:16 PM
You're aware she has the shadow on her by refusing Valinor, yes?

Can you translate to non-nerd?

Mblake1981
09-24-2022, 12:23 PM
Yea the Asian movies have lots of silly wire-floating but otherwise some of their fight choreography while definitely meant to be more flashy than functional, still can be quite entertaining to watch IMO

Cynthia Rothrock
1988 (don't ask me about newer shit)

edit: p/s Cynthia was the inspiration for Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat 1

V66rgZK8r3k

https://i.imgur.com/U3XH5Wb.jpg

Reiwa
09-24-2022, 12:32 PM
Can you translate to non-nerd?

e: no

unsunghero
09-24-2022, 03:00 PM
It’s funny this scene from Rob Roy showed up in the related list when I first clicked the rings of power sword fight scene

I had never watched this scene before on YouTube (watched the last fight only), so I’m guessing it was referred because enough other people were pulling it up after seeing the rings of power scene

That movie also an example of what superb dialog looks like https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y7lhMAOxLxw

magnetaress
09-24-2022, 03:02 PM
Stranger meteor guy is definitely gandalf. Idkwtf ppl are calling him a villain.

Ppl r dumb af.

Encroaching Death
09-24-2022, 03:03 PM
e: no

Did you take offense that I didn't care?

I'm sorry, Wonkie buddy.

I still like you.

Reiwa
09-24-2022, 04:57 PM
Did you take offense that I didn't care?

I'm sorry, Wonkie buddy.

I still like you.

nah I decided to answer directly.

Encroaching Death
09-24-2022, 05:39 PM
nah I decided to answer directly.

Lol you gave a real answer and then edited it.

Come on, guy. I see everything.

Reiwa
09-24-2022, 05:57 PM
Lol you gave a real answer and then edited it.

Come on, guy. I see everything.

'no, i cannot translate for a non-nerd.'

Encroaching Death
09-24-2022, 06:00 PM
'no, i cannot translate for a non-nerd.'

But you did at first.

Something about a 'shadow'.

Like the Tool song? What is it? 46 & 2?

Reiwa
09-24-2022, 06:29 PM
But you did at first.

Something about a 'shadow'.

Like the Tool song? What is it? 46 & 2?

I know when I'm being made fun of so I won't be reposting it. :p

Reiwa
09-24-2022, 06:30 PM
Stranger meteor guy is definitely gandalf. Idkwtf ppl are calling him a villain.

Ppl r dumb af.

He better not be. Show would be exactly what they say it is. Trash.

magnetaress
09-24-2022, 11:17 PM
He better not be. Show would be exactly what they say it is. Trash.

he is

tho

valar sent him too

Reiwa
09-24-2022, 11:25 PM
he is

tho

valar sent him too

Glorfindel was reinstated to Endor in the Second Age

:)

Bardp1999
09-24-2022, 11:53 PM
For how much money they allegedly sent on this show its not great. I think the Wheel of Time show was much better by comparison

Kaveh
09-25-2022, 02:41 AM
I thought wheel of time was absolute garbage, but this is not much better

I guess it’s personal taste, but so far this and house of the dragon have been disappointing

Rip from Yellowstone needs to make a cameo in both and bludgeon people with a tire iron for me to stay interested at this point

Elizondo
09-25-2022, 02:56 AM
v-XWIqm-DzY

Encroaching Death
09-25-2022, 06:12 AM
Robot confirmed

magnetaress
09-25-2022, 09:17 AM
v-XWIqm-DzY

You're enjoying the show too much.

Stop having fun.!

Encroaching Death
09-25-2022, 09:28 AM
The male elf in that clip bothers me.

His head shape is that of a Trapazoid.

I don't trust him. I don't like him.

Jibartik
09-25-2022, 12:03 PM
Hes all about the establishment.

So he's gonna be badie as fuck.

Kaveh
09-25-2022, 02:04 PM
The male elf in that clip bothers me.

His head shape is that of a Trapazoid.

I don't trust him. I don't like him.

Half elf

Encroaching Death
09-25-2022, 02:08 PM
Half elf

That's what it is.

Thank you. I couldn't put my finger on it.

Elizondo
09-25-2022, 02:19 PM

Encroaching Death
09-25-2022, 02:24 PM
EiuSf1LHHVQ

I take it back, this show is great

Mblake1981
09-25-2022, 02:34 PM
I take it back, this show is great

You're thinking about Law & Order.

Elizondo
09-25-2022, 02:35 PM

A billion dollars for this shit show

Mblake1981
09-25-2022, 02:38 PM
A billion dollars for this shit show

"You do not understand the power of Unreal Engine."

unsunghero
09-25-2022, 02:57 PM
Those Guyladriel vids are great

I am planning on saying “There is a tempest in me!” right before I bust ass. Unfortunately I try to never fart around people so the only person who will probably witness it is my cat

Reiwa
09-25-2022, 03:51 PM
Those Guyladriel vids are great

I am planning on saying “There is a tempest in me!” right before I bust ass. Unfortunately I try to never fart around people so the only person who will probably witness it is my cat

“And now at last it comes. You will give me the Ring freely! In place of the Dark Lord you will set up a Queen. And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair!”

She lifted up her hand and from the ring that she wore there issued a great light that illuminated her alone and left all else dark. She stood before Frodo seeming now tall beyond measurement, and beautiful beyond enduring, terrible and worshipful. Then she let her hand fall, and the light faded, and suddenly she laughed again, and lo! she was shrunken: a slender elf-woman, clad in simple white, whose gentle voice was soft and sad.

“I pass the test”, she said. “I will diminish, and go into the West and remain Galadriel.”

unsunghero
09-25-2022, 05:05 PM
^
Yea I remember that scene, startled most of the audience when she started using the crazy voice

I still prefer the White Witch from Narnia or Queen Bavmorta from Willow as menacing fantasy females

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lhzVukK4WkQ

Encroaching Death
09-25-2022, 08:32 PM
When a movie is made with a woke narrative, and it hilariously backfires (https://www.insider.com/the-woman-king-true-history-agojie-dahomey-slave-trade-2022-9)

Yaaas, Qkween SLAYve...

unsunghero
09-25-2022, 08:49 PM
When a movie is made with a woke narrative, and it hilariously backfires (https://www.insider.com/the-woman-king-true-history-agojie-dahomey-slave-trade-2022-9)

Yaaas, Qkween SLAYve...

Yea, I heard about that. This is the full story:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FZyERhrneL0

unsunghero
09-25-2022, 08:59 PM
^
Then again, I remember hearing Braveheart was so embellished, and about the only historically accurate thing was William Wallace’s name

magnetaress
09-26-2022, 09:46 AM
Why are the making women violent?

Encroaching Death
09-26-2022, 10:02 AM
Why are the making women violent?

Because "female empowerment" just means "become a man".

Women can be powerful in their own ways - they don't need to act like men to be powerful.

Chortles Snortles
09-26-2022, 10:28 AM
thinkin bout dem rangz

Encroaching Death
09-26-2022, 10:31 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c9/f7/1f/c9f71f5369fc1473eb4995070aa43384.jpg

unsunghero
09-26-2022, 02:21 PM

Chortles Snortles
09-26-2022, 04:01 PM
ancient meme

Reiwa
10-07-2022, 12:12 AM
shark has been jumped. they seem to have survived the pyroclastic flow, which isn't possible.

grrr mad.

Kaveh
10-07-2022, 12:18 AM
It’s really bad

And dollar store Aragorn needs to kill Galadriel, she’s annoying and looked better as cate blanchett. Coldhands benjen is the only decent actor with any screen time imo

Encroaching Death
10-07-2022, 05:53 AM
shark has been jumped. they seem to have survived the pyroclastic flow, which isn't possible.

grrr mad.

This is what happens when you diversity hire newbie writers.

Remember this moment.

Meritocracy wins again.

Basanos
10-07-2022, 10:14 AM
It’s really bad

And dollar store Aragorn needs to kill Galadriel, she’s annoying and looked better as cate blanchett. Coldhands benjen is the only decent actor with any screen time imoBut the woman's first name is Morfydd

The Welsh are going to render humanity extinct someday

Encroaching Death
10-07-2022, 11:02 AM
The Welsh are going to render humanity extinct someday

They'll deforest the planet by building their town signs:

https://d3dqioy2sca31t.cloudfront.net/Projects/cms/production/000/030/195/medium/2441337b9b2e32a847848bd51e6d4180/article-wales-llanfair-railway-station-sign.jpg

Kaveh
10-07-2022, 11:28 AM
The welsh are better than the Irish

Encroaching Death
10-07-2022, 11:39 AM
The welsh are better than the Irish

They're both Celts. They both win.

Said the Norman.

Kaveh
10-07-2022, 11:55 AM
Isildur is part Armenian

I could be related to the shitty actor who plays Isildur

Jibartik
10-07-2022, 12:28 PM
In middle earth your child develops in the womb like this:

0sVtMAh4ItE

Basanos
10-07-2022, 12:41 PM
The welsh are better than the IrishYou may be confusing Irish with Irish-Americans, a common mistake

Jibartik
10-07-2022, 12:42 PM
I still haven't watched much past the bug eating indoctrination.

But I was wondering, if the hobbits came from "caravanners" then why are they so against traveling?

Basanos
10-07-2022, 12:55 PM

But I was wondering, if the hobbits came from "caravanners" then why are they so against traveling?Here's my theory

I think the star man is Sauron, but memory wiped like Darth Revan from KotOR. Once he becomes evil again, he's gonna beat wanderlust out of hobbits and they become stationary. This happens in the geographical location that later becomes known as the Shire

No I didn't read the books I just read TvTropes a lot who knows

Kaveh
10-07-2022, 02:30 PM

But I was wondering, if the hobbits came from "caravanners" then why are they so against traveling?

Because those hobbits in rings of power weren’t in the books

Jibartik
10-07-2022, 02:55 PM

Well, soon enough that's all we'll have left. :o

UAxARJyaTEA

Encroaching Death
10-07-2022, 03:13 PM

They moved up to the East Side ;)

Reiwa
10-08-2022, 02:56 AM
Here's my theory

I think the star man is Sauron, but memory wiped like Darth Revan from KotOR. Once he becomes evil again, he's gonna beat wanderlust out of hobbits and they become stationary. This happens in the geographical location that later becomes known as the Shire

No I didn't read the books I just read TvTropes a lot who knows

I haven't watched the episode yet but Halbrand is supposedly Sauron because the Numenoreans did imprison him on their island for a time and he corrupted them. The expedition was supposed to be the Faithful (to the Valar) but that glossed over for horsies and swords if we're doing all that right now

Reiwa
10-08-2022, 03:06 AM
There is no Durin. Only Durin and Durin reinstated to Arda

unsunghero
10-08-2022, 03:19 AM
Smee was gay for Hook. That’s a char you can totally make super gay in a terrible remake and I’ll believe it

magnetaress
10-08-2022, 08:56 AM
Well, soon enough that's all we'll have left. :o

UAxARJyaTEA

the holographic universe google ai created it self to digest everything we canned into it <3

magnetaress
10-08-2022, 09:02 AM
In middle earth your child develops in the womb like this:

0sVtMAh4ItE

I could literally only get 4 minutes into this before the terminator rage came out

magnetaress
10-08-2022, 09:03 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c9/f7/1f/c9f71f5369fc1473eb4995070aa43384.jpg

there better be fuckin beans in that fuckin cake

Basanos
10-08-2022, 09:46 AM
I haven't watched the episode yet but Halbrand is supposedly Sauron because the Numenoreans did imprison him on their island for a time and he corrupted them. The expedition was supposed to be the Faithful (to the Valar) but that glossed over for horsies and swords if we're doing all that right nowOh that's fun, he even seems like a nice dude.

Chortles Snortles
10-08-2022, 11:01 AM
dropped
GoT better

Basanos
10-08-2022, 11:31 AM
dropped
GoT betteri dunno rings of power has no incest, that's a check mark on the the pro side

Jibartik
10-08-2022, 01:13 PM
Dropped both went back to dragonslayer.

magnetaress
10-08-2022, 07:27 PM
So Adar was all like... this is Mordor! Hehehehehe haha.

Homesteaded
10-08-2022, 10:39 PM
Wife and I have both fallen asleep twice now on episode three...just not grabbing me. Which is terrible because the LOTR series is super nostalgic for me.

Kaveh
10-09-2022, 12:54 AM
Wife and I have both fallen asleep twice now on episode three...just not grabbing me. Which is terrible because the LOTR series is super nostalgic for me.

It took us 3 tries to get through episode 7

It’s a snooze fest for sure. 99% dialogue 1% ugly cast

Jibartik
10-09-2022, 01:41 AM
Do they at least wrap up season 1 with a nice ending? Because they are not going to make a season 2? or are they going to keep making it no matter what because they have so much money from all the covid bailouts?

Chortles Snortles
10-09-2022, 01:26 PM
if it was just generic fantasy amzn show it would be totally ok for background watching and nice landscapes tier

GoT story is compelling even with basketball velaryons

Reiwa
10-09-2022, 01:31 PM
It took us 3 tries to get through episode 7

It’s a snooze fest for sure. 99% dialogue 1% ugly cast

Durin's bane was pretty cool but seems earlyish for him to be up.

magnetaress
10-09-2022, 03:07 PM
I like the show and hope it gets another season. Tbh dialogue is nice and swords fights are a bit gay. And masculine.

Jibartik
10-09-2022, 03:13 PM
Im gonna watch you guys have sold me on this because its the one the establishment doesnt like.

Reiwa
10-09-2022, 04:38 PM

The Balrogs were supposedly all dormant during the Second Age, but The Rings of Power is clearly rejiggering the timeline. (https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/rings-of-power-episode-7-ending-balrog)

magnetaress
10-09-2022, 04:41 PM
More balrogs == more violence and spiritual fear.

Reiwa
10-09-2022, 08:31 PM
https://i.imgur.com/6rP2A7F.png

Elves and Edain are portrayed as stronger and hardier than common folk in the lore.

Make-believe characters could easily survive what we cannot.

Reiwa
10-09-2022, 08:33 PM
Aw it's gone. Shucks.

Kaveh
10-09-2022, 08:33 PM

Yeah, thousands of years early…

Mblake1981
10-09-2022, 08:34 PM
Elves and Edain are portrayed as stronger and hardier than common folk in the lore.

Make-believe characters could easily survive what we cannot.

Even the best geared EQ elf will die in lava. What's it like willingly choking on this?

magnetaress
10-09-2022, 08:37 PM
Even the best geared EQ elf will die in lava. What's it like willingly choking on this?

Cleric with fungi and hots and clickies can survive a pretty good long time.

Mblake1981
10-09-2022, 08:40 PM
Would you, the person, not the character, die in lava any quicker than an EQ elf?

Wait.. (haha), you are asking if I would die faster than an EQ elf? I mean I don't wear a Rubicite BP so yeah. But oh yeah, this is fantasy and it doesn't matter.

I am glad this sort of fan is contained here.

magnetaress
10-09-2022, 08:42 PM
It could take you two minutes to lose conciousness depending on how intact ur brain remains. Floating on top on fire. The insides will at least take 30 seconds to "die".

TLDR it could be a wild ride before the complete loss of self and ego.

Mblake1981
10-09-2022, 08:45 PM
Suspended my disbelief when I learned Galadriels race has natural +10 save vs. fire.

Face tank active volcanoes.

magnetaress
10-09-2022, 08:48 PM
Suspended my disbelief when I learned Galadriels race has natural +10 save vs. fire.

Face tank active volcanoes.

I thought the same thing. All of those ppl would have sufficated and cooked from the inside out in multiple hundreds of degrees deoxygenated of hot air and ash.

Mblake1981
10-09-2022, 08:50 PM
Yes, make-believe characters are harder to kill.

I hope this helps.

No, not really.

Elizondo
10-09-2022, 08:52 PM
Show is a pathetic joke that should have never been made

magnetaress
10-09-2022, 08:56 PM
Ever notice how EQ has a breath meter while you're "swimming" in lava?

Pretty weird game.

Ok mayyybe the valar let her hold her breath like 20 minutes.

magnetaress
10-09-2022, 09:02 PM
I really mean no harm. I just like to have fun online.

You can't harm me with elf words.

I worry about Blake tho.

Gay_Young_Thing
10-09-2022, 09:40 PM
I kinda liked it until Webisode 4 or 5 tbh! That was like a mid season planned action Webisode, with practically no dialogue? Not fetch and seemed kinda forced

Gay_Young_Thing
10-09-2022, 09:42 PM
Oh no I didn't realize I missed the last one, lava to the face huh? I could just tell it jumped the shark last webisode

Jibartik
10-10-2022, 12:40 PM
I was fine with the guy riding the comet, but a volcano?

https://i.imgur.com/6rheZau.gif

unsunghero
10-10-2022, 12:57 PM
Reminds me of when Jon Snow in GoT fell into a frozen lake and swam out in full clothing and armor with no hypothermia, but this was already when the show was starting to suck

Plot armor ruins shows, man

Jibartik
10-10-2022, 12:58 PM
I am almost 100% sure the staff behind the worst season of GOT will make a good entire spinoff show this time.

KjmjqlOPd6A

Basanos
10-10-2022, 10:31 PM
hey man this horus story and this jesus story are awfully similar

unsunghero
10-10-2022, 10:38 PM
Forgot if I posted this one b4

magnetaress
10-11-2022, 12:14 AM
Sekret reveal, Galadriel is a Balrog in disguise. Hence lava immunity.

Encroaching Death
10-11-2022, 04:27 PM
Sekret reveal, Galadriel is a Balrog in disguise. Hence lava immunity.

Yass qweeen! GURL BOSS!

Kaveh
10-14-2022, 01:01 PM
Watched the finale

Wow, all time bad. Tolkien would’ve shot these people in the Somme with a browning

magnetaress
10-14-2022, 01:39 PM
i'm super excited to see it now

Reiwa
10-14-2022, 03:00 PM
the song at the end was godawful

Encroaching Death
10-14-2022, 03:03 PM
Face it, Nerds.

The Jocks in Hollywood are shitting all over your beloved fantasy stories and comic heroes.

You're gonna have to fuckin' fight em.

I can help wage the guerilla war.

It's time to take back what was stolen from you.

Rethalis
10-14-2022, 03:10 PM
Did the gay elves have a coming out party yet? It's so wildly successful they could do a spinoff like a fantasy version of "Bros"

Reiwa
10-14-2022, 03:15 PM
The Stranger turned out to be Toucan Sam. Follow your nose! He literally says this.

Kaveh
10-14-2022, 03:16 PM
I’m good

Reiwa
10-14-2022, 03:23 PM
Well no new episodes until 2024, that's plenty of time for Putin to nuke us hopefully. :)

Jibartik
10-14-2022, 05:02 PM
Jeff “ hey joe, I’m gonna need you to actually do the nukes because I have to cancel the show and I can’t tell anybody that I wasted this much money I know Mark called you and said the same thing so let’s go.”

eadric
10-14-2022, 06:57 PM
just cancelled my prime sub, never going back. fu jeff

magnetaress
10-14-2022, 07:00 PM
I loved the last episode. Neatly wrapped it up and.

I was right! Told u so!

magnetaress
10-14-2022, 07:04 PM
The Stranger turned out to be Toucan Sam. Follow your nose! He literally says this.

Spoiler.

That's what Gandalfi says in the mines of moria

Tbf this all made sense to me and I'm an actual Tolkien lore nerd who did research on a high-school C paper.

Sorry u didn't get Galadriels robo titties injected into ur mind

magnetaress
10-14-2022, 07:06 PM
U will probably be mad and be virgin GoT fans tho.

Raj
10-15-2022, 05:51 AM
if it was just generic fantasy amzn show it would be totally ok for background watching and nice landscapes tier

GoT story is compelling even with basketball velaryons

magnetaress
10-15-2022, 01:23 PM
OK I read an article about the time compression and I knew something was off that is why ppl are upset? i would have rathered zero time compression butt it was OK i barely noticed