PDA

View Full Version : How do you chanters fight against dispell?

sagaseth
08-30-2022, 11:56 AM
Things are like this:
My pet’s buff list is pacify, see invis, feedback, tash, charm, haste.
When the mob cast a dispel, my charm goes, and a hasted pet slaps on the face:mad:
I’m pretty sure the mob’s Dispell is not something super that wipes lots log slots. Is it completely random for a dispell? Is there anything we can do?

Jorgam
08-30-2022, 12:07 PM
Play with 2 stuns loaded and be attentive to the casting messages or the spell pixels. Sometimes it'll still happen, but that should help a lot. Good luck!

Toxigen
08-30-2022, 01:33 PM
A level 4 mez may cast quick enough to interrupt as well if you're not already in range for a stun. The caster mob will probably try a different spell on its next cast.

PatChapp
08-30-2022, 01:40 PM
Spamming bracer of the hidden seems to help, mez/stun as many casts as you can

slard271
08-30-2022, 01:47 PM
Dispells do various things with spell counters and passes depending on which one is used. Haynar explains it in this post:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1690125&postcount=5

Stuns, level 4 mez are the way to go. Or for total immersion, Barbarian illusion which grants the ability to slam. :D

zati
08-30-2022, 03:52 PM
Things are like this:
My pet’s buff list is pacify, see invis, feedback, tash, charm, haste.
When the mob cast a dispel, my charm goes, and a hasted pet slaps on the face:mad:
I’m pretty sure the mob’s Dispell is not something super that wipes lots log slots. Is it completely random for a dispell? Is there anything we can do?

If its a normal caster mob channeling dispell you can mez it or aoe stun it to prevent it casting, but if you are referring to a passive aoe dispell from dragons or raid bosses..then

Yer order of charming/buffing isn't correct. Most likely ur charm is landing on 2nd slot which is a common mistake. I assume you Pacify the mob first then land Charm > see invis> etc etc.. Well paci is only 7minutes that'll fade eventually and next buff slot is you guessed it.. Allure or boltrans.

order is the following to prevent dispells :

Charm first> Prebuff with everything you got.. low lvl mind buffs, acbuff, see invis, etc> Break ur own charm (camping out or hide or invis) > Tash or pacify or root (Lands in first slot) > Allure or boltrans w/e * will now be on slot 7+ depending how many buffs you gave it.

the first dispell would remove tash which wont matter now that it's already charmed then you can reapply a clicky buff

PatChapp
08-30-2022, 04:31 PM
Tash can't be dispelled for what it's worth

sagaseth
08-30-2022, 08:30 PM
If its a normal caster mob channeling dispell you can mez it or aoe stun it to prevent it casting, but if you are referring to a passive aoe dispell from dragons or raid bosses..then

Yer order of charming/buffing isn't correct. Most likely ur charm is landing on 2nd slot which is a common mistake. I assume you Pacify the mob first then land Charm > see invis> etc etc.. Well paci is only 7minutes that'll fade eventually and next buff slot is you guessed it.. Allure or boltrans.

Charm first> Prebuff with everything you got.. low lvl mind buffs, acbuff, see invis, etc> Break ur own charm (camping out or hide or invis) > Tash or pacify or root (Lands in first slot) > Allure or boltrans w/e * will now be on slot 7+ depending how many buffs you gave it.

the first dispell would remove tash which wont matter now that it's already charmed then you can reapply a clicky buff

This really helping. thanks a lot

sagaseth
08-30-2022, 08:34 PM
Dispells do various things with spell counters and passes depending on which one is used. Haynar explains it in this post:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1690125&postcount=5

Stuns, level 4 mez are the way to go. Or for total immersion, Barbarian illusion which grants the ability to slam. :D

New knowledge gotten! Thanks bro

Videri
08-30-2022, 10:49 PM
Tash can't be dispelled for what it's worth

Quite right, but it makes a pretty good Buff Slot One filler if you've got slots two through whatever filled with other, dispellable buffs.

SantagarBrax
08-31-2022, 01:44 AM

What a Legend

Toxigen
08-31-2022, 04:36 AM

Yes very gud.