PDA

View Full Version : Best way to train research and access ogre/erudite city as an human necro?

LordVictor
08-29-2022, 02:49 PM
I'm lv 24 necro at moment. Playing in archlinux with wine and am my first time playing p99. So far, the greatest problem that I had besides the first 12 levels, was to get some research spells. To get haunting corpse, I had to farm a lot of spider silk to get lots of platinum and buy it in EC cuz I din't found a single word for this spell.

I also tried to combine Cazic-Thule with the Words of radiance and din't got the spell. How I can train my skill past lv 16?

Other question.

There are lots of spells in ogre and erudite city but I"m KoS in both cities. I din't got lv 20 animate dead thanks to it. Any way to get access to both cities?

PatChapp
08-29-2022, 03:39 PM
To access the oggok and paineel, just make lvl 1 characters that start in those cities. Ask someone nearby to transfer the money to your new toon. First make sure the spell is actually available, the wiki is not always reliable.
Your almost able to do the first good cash camp, the OOT sisters. They will solve your plat problems for quite a while.

Zill
08-29-2022, 05:06 PM
IDK if it's the best way but as a nub I buy peridots on my main, create an alt in the city I want to buy from, drop the peridots on the ground in a hidden spot and swap to my alt to pick them up. Sell the peridots on your alt, buy the spell, drop the spell in the same spot and swap back to your main to pick it back up.

Woooooh

Duik
08-29-2022, 06:14 PM
@Zill. It's their first time playing p99.
Reading helps.
Prematurely celebrating makes you look like a noob.

Jimjam
08-30-2022, 06:04 PM
Pay a young ogre or erud to buy the spell you need.

Faction for heretics (paineel) can be gained in the warrens. Are you a follower of Inny or Berty?

Kawhi
08-31-2022, 06:46 PM
On my INT casters I just train research at the trainer. It's tough to get the skill up otherwise.

If you are able to come across the words, I'd bet you could find a higher level necro who would do the combine for you for free (I certainly would but I'm not on much these days).

Jibartik
08-31-2022, 06:55 PM
to buy from the ogre (https://wiki.project1999.com/Crilt_-_Ogre) I wonder if you could do one of these quests: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamen_of_War

Talk to the Shaman Master, Zulort, and say "me Gonna Help!"

He'll give you a simple quest to get 4 Froglock Tadpole Fleshies. Requires Higher than Indifferent faction.

Hand him 4 Froglok Tadpole Flesh (not stacked)

Your faction standing with Shamen of War got better.

You could maybe do this while feign death?

edit: oh nevermind haha

Requires Higher than Indifferent faction.

But yeah, best way is to /shout and ask someone for some help!

Garnaak
09-01-2022, 02:43 PM
Any way to get access to both cities?

Not sure about Ogre city, but if you go to The Warrens and slay kobolds for several hours, you will have high enough faction to enter the Heretic city of Paineel.

On a side note, Paineel makes a great home port city for any character, druid & wiz ports one zone off and a great high level xp zone one zone off.

Garnaak
09-01-2022, 03:38 PM
Another note. At 24 you may start being able to do SK treants. That would earn good cash for upgrades. IIRC my necro started them at about that level.

LordVictor
09-02-2022, 07:17 PM
Are you a follower of Inny or Berty?

Inny in live(I prefer him) and in p99, Berty. Why? Gnoll fang quest.

Another note. At 24 you may start being able to do SK treants. That would earn good cash for upgrades. IIRC my necro started them at about that level.

Thanks for the hint. But is SK = South KArana?

-------------------------------

About research, I finally learned how to do research and after raising it to lv 20, the trainers now accept to train me.

https://i.imgur.com/fN5Ua11.png

Garnaak
09-05-2022, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the hint. But is SK = South KArana?

That is correct. 2 in NE corner of zone.

Encroaching Death
09-15-2022, 10:45 AM
This might not help you now, but it will later:

At level 34, you start getting Lich spells that transform you into a skeleton.

Using "Call of Bones" spell can improve your faction with some NPCs. You just have to be quick because the spell drains your health.

I'm an Iksar Necro and the trick works wonders. I can use tons of various (and important) NPCs in EC using Call of Bones.

I believe you can also go into Evil cities with this trick too. Just be careful because some guards/NPCs might not work with it.

As far as skilling up Research, it's a tough skill to raise. Mine is only at like 140. Be sure to save any Words you come across and check as many vendors as you can because people will simply sell them to NPCs.

A lot of people don't bother raising the skill and buy the spells from players instead.

Let me know if you're on the Blue server, I might be able to help you out with some spells.