PDA

View Full Version : House of Dragons

Trungep99
08-28-2022, 11:07 PM
What y’all think of the show so far? So far I am enjoying it. Feels like it has more potential than game of thrones did.

Jibartik
08-29-2022, 12:22 AM
I will watch it tonight just so we can argue about it because Im sure I will hate it :o

Kaveh
08-29-2022, 02:21 AM
You won’t hate it but it’s not as good as early game of thrones

It has potential other than the cast being oddly ugly

Trungep99
08-29-2022, 07:43 AM
You won’t hate it but it’s not as good as early game of thrones

It has potential other than the cast being oddly ugly

I felt like the wigs made them look like elves lol

Kaveh
08-29-2022, 09:58 AM
Yeah the wigs are bad

Chortles Snortles
08-29-2022, 07:22 PM
Is it worse than new LoTR?
https://streamable.com/v3m794

unsunghero
08-29-2022, 07:40 PM

Lol

unsunghero
08-29-2022, 07:55 PM

Apparently Galadriel didn’t take place in either of the wars in the first age or the second:

“She had no role in the major wars of the First Age, believing that defeating Morgoth was beyond the power of the Eldar; when Morgoth was defeated by the coming of the Valar out of the West she, having played no part in the earlier Kinslaying, was offered safe return to Valinor”

“First images of Morfydd Clark's Galadriel in Amazon's Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power show a VERY different character compared to elf fans know”

New LOTR, she don’t need no man!:

Toxigen
08-29-2022, 11:47 PM

rofl

Patrece
08-31-2022, 03:44 AM
GRRM is an RPG/lore genius and his work made film deserves viewership. It is frankly too good for 90% of this generation yet here we have it.

Anyhow...

They've already changed one thing (death in birth due to EVIL MAN PERSON making the choice) for the sake of their political agenda. They like to leave out the part the mother being at risk is still a deciding factor in the states banning it. God did I cringe at that being super obvious, the gore and wailing doesn't phase me as I am made of sterner stuff and cannot be swayed by such cheap parlor tricks.

I'd presume the hang time of the Daenrys bit in the opener is their way of signaling they haven't forgotten how the last one ended and shattered their dreams of political narrative alignment with the ending. So they're letting you know some kind of cringe revenge attempt is coming, like that can change anything from the previous superior show now.

I overheard a coworker at a previous job talking about how she was up all night dry heaving and crying (who knows if thats true or just crocodile tears) about the ending of the "bad ass" in "her show".

I'm ready for the ultimate cringe in the episodes to come.

Toxigen
08-31-2022, 08:54 AM
its just woke sjw propaganda at this point

robayon
08-31-2022, 09:29 AM
its just woke sjw propaganda at this pointyou're the kind of dipshit that thinks this about a commercial for breakfast cereal

Toxigen
08-31-2022, 09:33 AM
you're the kind of dipshit that thinks this about a commercial for breakfast cereal

yeah when it features yet another black male white female couple, sure

robayon
08-31-2022, 09:38 AM
yeah when it features yet another black male white female couple, sureoh so you're mad at other people because you're stuck in 1825

Jibartik
08-31-2022, 11:53 AM
The king cant have a son:

Spoiler: Kingdome collapses.

nostalgiaquest
09-01-2022, 10:38 AM
I just watched the first two episodes. Whats so woke about it? A black dude as Master of ships?

Reiwa
09-01-2022, 11:01 AM
I just watched the first two episodes. Whats so woke about it? A black dude as Master of ships?

I'm on a boat. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Vikings_boat_party_scandal)

Kaveh
09-01-2022, 01:33 PM

Yeah I didn’t really understand either, though I don’t think africa has discovered boats yet or Archimedes principle

Kaveh
09-01-2022, 01:34 PM
GRRM is an RPG/lore genius and his work made film deserves viewership. It is frankly too good for 90% of this generation yet here we have it.

Anyhow...

They've already changed one thing (death in birth due to EVIL MAN PERSON making the choice) for the sake of their political agenda. They like to leave out the part the mother being at risk is still a deciding factor in the states banning it. God did I cringe at that being super obvious, the gore and wailing doesn't phase me as I am made of sterner stuff and cannot be swayed by such cheap parlor tricks.

I'd presume the hang time of the Daenrys bit in the opener is their way of signaling they haven't forgotten how the last one ended and shattered their dreams of political narrative alignment with the ending. So they're letting you know some kind of cringe revenge attempt is coming, like that can change anything from the previous superior show now.

I overheard a coworker at a previous job talking about how she was up all night dry heaving and crying (who knows if thats true or just crocodile tears) about the ending of the "bad ass" in "her show".

No one with a brain thought any of this as they watched. Just maybe thought “those were the times” and shrugged

Go outside

Reiwa
09-01-2022, 03:22 PM
Much that once was, is lost. (https://rec.arts.books.tolkien.narkive.com/HpkcVZ07/silmilarities-in-the-nazgul)

Trungep99
09-01-2022, 07:49 PM
Yeah I didn’t really understand either, though I don’t think africa has discovered boats yet or Archimedes principle

His family originated from from old Valeria. And the continent was considered very diverse.
The show changed the appearance from the book, but so what? The show so far is entertaining and well acted.

hobart
09-01-2022, 11:16 PM

Anyhow...

its just woke sjw propaganda at this point

Did you get this from Infowars? Not everything is about politics you backward retards.

Reiwa
09-02-2022, 12:20 AM
Did you get this from Infowars? Not everything is about politics you backward retards.

the girls side wins this one too btw, though it is canon.

Trungep99
09-02-2022, 10:29 AM
the girls side wins this one too btw, though it is canon.

GRRM likes writing strong female leads, nothing wrong with it. It’s not like it never existed at times in history either. Look at Catherine the Great as an example.

hobart
09-02-2022, 01:58 PM
GRRM likes writing strong female leads, nothing wrong with it. It’s not like it never existed at times in history either. Look at Catherine the Great as an example.

Or, you can be an idiot Trumptard and get outraged over the marxist agenda in a tv show about dragons.

Reiwa
09-02-2022, 02:14 PM
Or, you can be an idiot Trumptard and get outraged over the marxist agenda in a tv show about dragons.

https://i.imgur.com/LNgc0Vs.png

unsunghero
09-02-2022, 03:33 PM
Ok in regards to what is the messaging question, don’t kill me as the messenger here. I haven’t even watched the show, this is just what I’ve heard so it might be a stretch

Apparently the show reinforces that pregnancy is dangerous to the mother. The takeaway could be that modern day abortion is in a way a form of self-preservation. Now, how much less dangerous are modern day pregnancies than ones in a medieval-ish fantasy world? I dunno, I really don’t follow or read up on either recreationally

Reiwa
09-02-2022, 03:53 PM
Ok in regards to what is the messaging question, don’t kill me as the messenger here. I haven’t even watched the show, this is just what I’ve heard so it might be a stretch

Apparently the show reinforces that pregnancy is dangerous to the mother. The takeaway could be that modern day abortion is in a way a form of self-preservation. Now, how much less dangerous are modern day pregnancies than ones in a medieval-ish fantasy world? I dunno, I really don’t follow or read up on either recreationally

HxBS3W2heLo

tyrion killed tywin's wife in childbirth

nostalgiaquest
09-02-2022, 04:00 PM
What a load of dragon shit. It’s pretty well known that pregnancy and birth were both very dangerous in medieval time. Regardless of social status or money.

The king was left with a choice to save the mother or the child. And they made sure that it was clearly a hard choice for him to make. But being a king with no male heir, he chose the child. It wasn’t portrayed as some evil decision that he made while laughing maniacally.

I’m sorry, but if you watched it and thought it was “woke”, or whatever nonsense Patreace posted above, then you’re a dumbass who’s grasping at straws for the sake of partisan bullshit.

hobart
09-02-2022, 05:16 PM

I have watched it. The entire scene plays out with a successful cesarean and happy mother/child if it takes place in our world at our level of technology. It's somewhat about the politics of the day in a made up world, not ours.

unsunghero
09-02-2022, 07:01 PM
tyrion killed tywin's wife in childbirth

Oh ya. I think the idea actually originally came up in media and that’s how people latched onto it:

“There is also a focus on childbirth and its inherent dangers, a story thread that feels timely in the wake of the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/inside-house-of-the-dragon-trailer-cast-1235182776/amp/

unsunghero
09-02-2022, 07:03 PM
And this:

unsunghero
09-02-2022, 07:10 PM
Tywin was actually my fav GoT character due to the acting. I liked Tirion but he couldn’t be my fav bc he was too mainstream

hobart
09-03-2022, 01:27 AM
No one reasonable could get anything about Roe from that. Despite what some woke dipshit actor says.

The choice was mother and kid dies or mother dies. No abortion would have saved her.

Reiwa
09-03-2022, 01:34 AM
Tywin was actually my fav GoT character due to the acting. I liked Tirion but he couldn’t be my fav bc he was too mainstream

XqIv2jkSb0U

He's in dracula untold if you never saw it(needs a sequel).

unsunghero
09-03-2022, 02:15 AM
No one reasonable could get anything about Roe from that. Despite what some woke dipshit actor says.

The choice was mother and kid dies or mother dies. No abortion would have saved her.

Yea that’s what I heard later in reviews as well, like WTF was the actor taking about, that’s not how the scene went

magnetaress
09-03-2022, 09:10 AM
I haven't watched this show yet and didn't read this thread either.

*logs into wow*

Kaveh
09-03-2022, 10:25 AM
What a load of dragon shit. It’s pretty well known that pregnancy and birth were both very dangerous in medieval time. Regardless of social status or money.

The king was left with a choice to save the mother or the child. And they made sure that it was clearly a hard choice for him to make. But being a king with no male heir, he chose the child. It wasn’t portrayed as some evil decision that he made while laughing maniacally.

I’m sorry, but if you watched it and thought it was “woke”, or whatever nonsense Patreace posted above, then you’re a dumbass who’s grasping at straws for the sake of partisan bullshit.

He didn’t ask his wife her thoughts on whether she should live or die. Politics aside, he’s a shithead

nostalgiaquest
09-03-2022, 10:34 AM

Jibartik
09-03-2022, 12:56 PM
This is why you see modern politics in high fantasy tv shows:

x01l_jMhjVM

Patrece
09-03-2022, 06:32 PM
And this:

lol they had to admit it

literally changing the story for reasons of political propaganda

boy were their asses raw about how Daenrys turned out

Kaveh
09-04-2022, 10:52 AM
Well, I don’t find this show to be very woke, but I don’t think turning one character black really accomplished anything other than to say “I’m woke.” It’s dumb

I still am enjoying the show. LOTR is more annoying with the diversity. The black dwarf woman whose Scottish accent sounds Jamaican is much more annoying, though im still enjoying that show to a lesser extent (still better than wheel of time but I find Galadriel, which they’re pronouncing as if her name were Mexican, to be thoroughly annoying)

Do you roll R’s in elvish? Galadriel said like it’s Spanish is weird since Tolkien based elvish on Finnish and Estonian. Still an average show so far and I love fantasy, Galadriel’s character arc so far being my main gripe

Jibartik
09-04-2022, 11:47 AM
Well, I don’t find this show to be very woke, but I don’t think turning one character black really accomplished anything other than to say “I’m woke.” It’s dumb

The story of the show is the king cant have a son, so the entire empire collapses.

It's HBO so it's certainly trying to be woke by writing out all young male characters.

But of course, people who would seek create stories like this (HBO) are too dumb to realize they are actually saying is women cant run an empire.

Jibartik
09-04-2022, 11:52 AM
I like poking fun at society through the lens of media.

If social justice in media, causes social justice.

If racism in comedy, causes racism.

You cant say violence in media and video games doesn't cause voilence.

Mblake1981
09-04-2022, 11:55 AM
If social justice in media, causes social justice.

If racism in comedy, causes racism.

You cant say violence in media and video games doesn't cause voilence.

If white guilt works like guilt should, you cannot deny the whiteness.

giQxUkZ4Anc

unsunghero
09-04-2022, 12:12 PM
Our race did more evil than all the other races combined

Or

We did an equal amount of evil but we feel the most sorry for it

You have to pick one to join the left

unsunghero
09-04-2022, 12:15 PM
First, you have to understand that white isn't a real race but an umbrella term.

Well yea this is true

Mblake1981
09-04-2022, 12:17 PM
Well yea this is true

Now its a race because you gave in. Not a true white person.

unsunghero
09-04-2022, 12:21 PM
Now its a race because you gave in. Not a true white person.

To me it’s more semantics. People do it to simplify, the same applies to all “races”. They have many different sub-groups

You are attaching stupidity or nefarious intent when my intent, and I assume many others, was merely an attempt to simplify and not have to get into every possible sub-group in every single discussion

How would the alternative look?

unsunghero
09-04-2022, 12:50 PM
Race Choice Voting

Well I meant how would the alternative look. Would we have to specify particular sub-groups we are referring to or should we look up and list every single sub-group that falls under the umbrella of white or Caucasian or black or whatever and list all of them every time. Or just never discuss race again because it’s too complicated to categorize

I’m for option 3

Arteker
09-04-2022, 10:12 PM

I still am enjoying the show. LOTR is more annoying with the diversity. The black dwarf woman whose Scottish accent sounds Jamaican is much more annoying, though im still enjoying that show to a lesser extent (still better than wheel of time but I find Galadriel, which they’re pronouncing as if her name were Mexican, to be thoroughly annoying)

Do you roll R’s in elvish? Galadriel said like it’s Spanish is weird since Tolkien based elvish on Finnish and Estonian. Still an average show so far and I love fantasy, Galadriel’s character arc so far being my main gripe

You never mingled with many welsh people .The Spanish R makes two noises: The rolled or ‘trilled’ R and the single r. The rolled R occurs when there are two RRs in a row (arriba – aRRiba) or one R at the beginning of a word (rincón – RRincón). The single R anywhere else sounds like the English /d/ noise. Single R is just a tap of the tongue. Amor (love) is pronounced /a-mod/. Combination word raro is pronounced /RRa-do/.
Welsh people alot of them Do the same but without any rule of english language. its cultural.

Rethalis
09-04-2022, 10:21 PM
You never mingled with many welsh people .The Spanish R makes two noises: The rolled or ‘trilled’ R and the single r. The rolled R occurs when there are two RRs in a row (arriba – aRRiba) or one R at the beginning of a word (rincón – RRincón). The single R anywhere else sounds like the English /d/ noise. Single R is just a tap of the tongue. Amor (love) is pronounced /a-mod/. Combination word raro is pronounced /RRa-do/.
Welsh people alot of them Do the same but without any rule of english language. its cultural.

This is awesome :D

Chortles Snortles
09-04-2022, 10:59 PM
yfw black hobbit and yas slay dwarf are better characters then karendriel

Trungep99
09-04-2022, 11:09 PM
Our race did more evil than all the other races combined

Or

We did an equal amount of evil but we feel the most sorry for it

You have to pick one to join the left

But those who are not the minority would pay less attention since they are the majority in their community

Reiwa
09-04-2022, 11:29 PM
But those who are not the minority would pay less attention since they are the majority in their community

Mindlessly siding with the opposition is bad policy theory and definitionally reactionary. 🤪

MrSparkle001
09-06-2022, 11:17 AM
Who is that Crab King guy?

Is this series also based on his novels? Maybe he's explained further in a book, because on the show he's just some random nobody bad guy with absolutely no background or story.

unsunghero
09-07-2022, 01:07 PM
Who is that Crab King guy?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iEInNZ0oB-E

Chortles Snortles
10-02-2022, 10:14 PM
TEAM GREEN

https://i.imgur.com/j3GFcvR.jpg

Tunabros
10-06-2022, 06:29 PM
show is peak

Chortles Snortles
10-06-2022, 08:45 PM
https://i.imgur.com/2214X6f.gif

Encroaching Death
10-07-2022, 07:01 AM
The film industry has been bullying nerds for years by ruining their favorite franchises and I find it hilarious

Basanos
10-07-2022, 10:15 AM
The film industry has been bullying nerds for years by ruining their favorite franchises and I find it hilariousThis is why I was glad Disney bought every IP in America

Can't wait for Luke Skywalker to meet Wolverine

Jibartik
10-07-2022, 08:04 PM
Fortnight the movie.

unsunghero
10-07-2022, 11:28 PM
I know it’s now good clout to hate on Rings of Power online, but this channel seems normally pretty objective. Like in a previous vid they said the “woke” stuff didn’t bother them at all

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5vH8OXcs8pg

Basanos
10-08-2022, 09:52 AM
The woke stuff isn't the real controversy, youtube dudes just want it to be controversial. The only place I've ever seen woke complaints is from youtubers and their watchers, doesn't seem organic.

The Mexican Week episode of The Great British Baking Show, however, was epic

Encroaching Death
10-10-2022, 10:34 AM
The woke stuff isn't the real controversy, youtube dudes just want it to be controversial. The only place I've ever seen woke complaints is from youtubers and their watchers, doesn't seem organic.

The propaganda is meant for you, and it caters to your ideological bubble, which is why you don't see it.

But rest assured, woke ideology is injected into just about every movie or show made within the last 5 years or so.

Any movie or show that fails to insert the ideology into their content is lambasted in the media as "a right wing darling". The Northman was a great example of this happening recently.

Basanos
10-10-2022, 10:40 AM
The propaganda is meant for you, and it caters to your ideological bubble, which is why you don't see it.

But rest assured, woke ideology is injected into just about every movie or show made within the last 5 years or so.

Any movie or show that fails to insert the ideology into their content is lambasted in the media as "a right wing darling". The Northman was a great example of this happening recently.Yeah they had a whole episode of Chapo about the brain dead journalists trying to portray The Northman as inherently right wing when it wasn't that big of a deal.

Stop listening to journalists for your politics, dude. Stop listening to youtubers, none of those dumbasses have their fingers on the pulse of the internet like they want you to think.

I perceive ALL propaganda, I have a highly trained decoder brain. Modern media is more right-wing than you think, you're just conditioned to have an inherently right-wing point of view by being American. Any slight movement to the left on any given issue is meant to look like a giant step, when it's not that at all.

So yeah, more black Dwarves, it's fine, it's all fake anyways. I hope there comes a day when the only thing aging bigots can watch and enjoy are old John Wayne movies, so they can pretend they can beat women, drink, and bone teenagers as much as he did.

Encroaching Death
10-10-2022, 10:52 AM
It has nothing to do with the black dwarves.

Black people have been in movies for decades.

It's a very specific, common narrative pushed in all these shows and movies.

Basanos
10-10-2022, 11:01 AM
Oh my God I was watching Star Trek the other day and two dudes kissed, what the fuck is this a progressive show

Oh my God they had a trans character on Law and Order: SVU and they weren't even the episode's perp, what is happening to this country

Encroaching Death
10-10-2022, 11:04 AM
Oh my God I was watching Star Trek the other day and two dudes kissed, what the fuck is this a progressive show

Oh my God they had a trans character on Law and Order: SVU and they weren't even the episode's perp, what is happening to this country

Yeah, see? It's in every show and movie.

You're starting to get it. :)

Basanos
10-10-2022, 11:12 AM
Yeah the narrative of "treat people as equals" is not at all new to the modern era, buddy, the propaganda was there all along. You're a dense motherfucker when it comes to reading comprehension.

The right just only started whining about it recently because they need something to complain about. If they don't complain about something, they'd have to talk about their actual policies, which everyone hates.

Reiwa
10-10-2022, 11:12 AM

wasn't dax trans? the pretty lady with the crap on her face/neck

Basanos
10-10-2022, 11:16 AM
wasn't dax trans? the pretty lady with the crap on her face/neckShe was a female Trill host. It was literally just living inside of their bodies regardless of the gender of the host. Jadzia was the seventh I think, Ezri was the eighth. I'm not sure if they ever established if the little symbiotes had genders of their own, but since they sort of combined with the mind of the host and acted accordingly, the symbiote's sexual preferences essentially became the primary set that drove the new combined organism's behavior. Trill society made it taboo to seek out lovers of a former host body, though this wasn't about genders, so Ezri hooking up with Worf in that late episode was bad news to the greater Trill society.

I don't know that it would fit into our concepts of gender neatly

Encroaching Death
10-10-2022, 11:32 AM
Yeah the narrative of "treat people as equals" is not at all new to the modern era, buddy, the propaganda was there all along. You're a dense motherfucker when it comes to reading comprehension.

The right just only started whining about it recently because they need something to complain about. If they don't complain about something, they'd have to talk about their actual policies, which everyone hates.

The narrative of "treat people as equals" isn't the narrative.

People have started to whine about it because it's a new phenomenon.

Propaganda has always been in shows and movies, but it's just a new flavor.

Basanos
10-10-2022, 11:35 AM
The narrative of "treat people as equals" isn't the narrative.

People have started to whine about it because it's a new phenomenon.

Propaganda has always been in shows and movies, but it's just a new flavor.Paid reactionaries are training you to react in the same way some guy with a moustache trains a seal to bark, in other words

Jibartik
10-10-2022, 11:35 AM
This is not at all about treating people as equal. It’s about over representing issues so they feel as equal as what people consider “over represented” right now.

It’s not about fixing. It’s about doing exactly what you hate but with what you love.

Just look at the left with the news: they turned all of it into Fox News.

Look what they did with their better president: they turned him into the dark Brandon image of Donald Trump.

Encroaching Death
10-10-2022, 11:36 AM
Paid reactionaries are training you to react in the same way some guy with a moustache trains a seal to bark, in other words

Thanks for the gaslighting, but I can clearly see all the propaganda for myself.

I don't need a talking head to think for me.

Basanos
10-10-2022, 11:38 AM
Matt Walsh says that this book means the teacher is gonna make your kid gay, and less than 72 hours later, thousands of conservatives are up in arms about a book that isn't in any classrooms anywhere

All because a groomer told them to hate this one thing, it's amazing that this works in the year 2022

Jibartik
10-10-2022, 11:39 AM
Paid reactionaries are training you to react in the same way some guy with a moustache trains a seal to bark, in other words

This is the only way Biden has affected my life:

My savings is smaller

My investments are smaller

The amount of money I spend on a daily basis is smaller

The amount of money I make in a daily basis is smaller

Inflation

Recession

Depression

Fear of the end of the world

In cities were crime is never been a problem they tell you not to walk at home alone at night

And 80,000 new IRS agents.

Nothing else he has done has even affected me at all.

There’s nothing that anyone can say that he’s done to make their lives better.

So you tell me what’s reactionary about that?

unsunghero
10-10-2022, 11:40 AM
Matt Walsh says that this book means the teacher is gonna make your kid gay, and less than 72 hours later, thousands of conservatives are up in arms about a book that isn't in any classrooms anywhere

All because a groomer told them to hate this one thing, it's amazing that this works in the year 2022

It’s hard to know which book, one of them did have pics of a kid blowing a strap on supposedly

Basanos
10-10-2022, 11:40 AM
The fact that you think only Joe Biden is to blame for any of those things, and not the system that allows him power. That's the mindless reactionary part.

Basanos
10-10-2022, 11:41 AM
It’s hard to know which book, one of them did have pics of a kid blowing a strap on supposedlyWow so it matters even less than it did before, maybe people shouldn't listen to a groomer scumbag on these matters

Encroaching Death
10-10-2022, 11:45 AM

You haven't seen the books then.

There's literally a book "made for kids" that shows an underage boy blowing another.

I mean, if you're cool with showing child porn to children I guess that's on you. But I don't support that.

Basanos
10-10-2022, 11:47 AM
Rich reactionaries are controlling the conversation

Jibartik
10-10-2022, 01:05 PM
The fact that you think only Joe Biden is to blame for any of those things, and not the system that allows him power. That's the mindless reactionary part.

The issue is that joe biden is the guy talking about fixing that stuff.

If the side that is fixing it is just as bad as the side you hate, but you still support the side saying they'll fix it, then thats the problem I have with supporting dems.

The plot to NOPE (spoilers): was about not paying attention to politics, because it's an evil mindless entity. Not that people who look at alien conspiracies get eaten up by mindless conspiracy theories.

Encroaching Death
10-10-2022, 01:14 PM
Rich reactionaries are controlling the conversation

Poor people love child porn?

Gay_Young_Thing
10-10-2022, 01:25 PM
It’s hard to know which book, one of them did have pics of a kid blowing a strap on supposedly

I can already see a grift being stuck in-u-end-o again

unsunghero
10-10-2022, 01:41 PM
I mean, aside from a general sense of decency, a logical reason to avoid showing children/juveniles sex acts in books for children is a concern they would act them out and cause early pregnancy

This really isn’t as much a concern for the LGBT community, so I could see an argument for even having the pictures of sex acts on the covers of the books even. I don’t think it helps the public image of that community, but if they really want it, I don’t care, I don’t have a kid in public school

Gay_Young_Thing
10-10-2022, 01:42 PM
Very reasonable!

Encroaching Death
10-10-2022, 01:50 PM
Teach kids how to pay their taxes - they can learn how to suck dick from their weird uncle.

Basanos
10-10-2022, 03:10 PM
I mean, aside from a general sense of decency, a logical reason to avoid showing children/juveniles sex acts in books for children is a concern they would act them out and cause early pregnancy

This really isn’t as much a concern for the LGBT community, so I could see an argument for even having the pictures of sex acts on the covers of the books even. I don’t think it helps the public image of that community, but if they really want it, I don’t care, I don’t have a kid in public schoolI don't disagree, though I doubt that it happens nearly as often as conservative media would claim.

I think we should also do this for violence but nobody ever wants to talk about that in American society.

As in, no pro-military content should be permitted in public schools, and military recruiters should certainly be banned. The people who make Paw Patrol are obviously agents of the state, too, as are the people who made G.I. Joe back in the old days.

Jibartik
10-10-2022, 03:14 PM
All I know is we have to get this type of material out of content for adults, and we must shun the comedians that try to show these horrible ideas to the minds of adults.

Reiwa
10-10-2022, 06:05 PM
As in, no pro-military content should be permitted in public schools, and military recruiters should certainly be banned. The people who make Paw Patrol are obviously agents of the state, too, as are the people who made G.I. Joe back in the old days.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/gijoe/images/3/3d/RAH_Oktoberguard01.jpg

Encroaching Death
10-10-2022, 06:07 PM
PAW PATROL IS NAZI PROPAGANDA

- Leftists

Gay_Young_Thing
10-10-2022, 06:10 PM
I think budding adults still willing to kill with those organizations should be sucked into the abyss faster personally. Might help domestically. We need to focus less on kill ratios and do a little more meatshielding though, spending is ridiculous

Basanos
10-24-2022, 03:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/hWxfDcF.jpeg

Kaveh
10-24-2022, 08:32 PM
Green team has Godzilla

Hmmmm

unsunghero
10-27-2022, 03:32 PM

Bisonzabi
11-07-2022, 12:57 AM
GRRM is an RPG/lore genius and his work made film deserves viewership.

Whens this fat fuck finally going to finish his book series. If he truly is a "genius" than why has it taken 3 decades to finish a story and 11 years since the last novel?