PDA

View Full Version : 100k to make a monk twink - solo only

Knuckle
08-27-2022, 07:30 PM
Hey everybody.
Just wondering what the best way to spend 100k making a twink monk would be, with the goal being strongest solo capable build for leveling. I figure I can subtract 60k out for the fungi tunic, and that leaves me 40k for the rest. I am not even sure if 2h or 1hb dual wield would be best value in this budget range.

Notables:
I already have a FBSS I can move to the toon.
I have a box of abu kar for 1 100% weight bag.

Keebz
08-27-2022, 07:52 PM
With that budget, 1-20 just use something under the damage caps, like Jade maces. 20+ Peacebringer. Use the rest for 30%+ haste item.

Soloing 2hb is always better, except at low levels when the damage caps are too low.

With a fungi you'll just face roll to 55/56 then it gets trickier.

Toxigen
08-27-2022, 09:24 PM
FBSS sucks. Its only 21%. Sell it for 2x 65 hp rings.

(4k) Imbued Fighters Staff (lighter than Peacebringer, I cannot believe its 2022 and dipshits are still recommending PB to monks) + (24k) Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt (34%) + (60k, maybe 55k) Fungi.

Whatever you have left get some light weight STR / HP gear and a Large Soiled Bag. Between that and your Box of Abu that should cover all your weight. Never ever go above the weight penalty if solo, and make sure your agi is above 75 w/ the fungi on. It makes a difference.

Don't worry about acquiring 1 handers unless they fall into your lap. You'll blow through the early levels so fast you won't notice a difference.

If you're a true autist you can unequip the slow IFS between swings and get "free" fist attacks but I don't recommend it...just the same as I don't recommend shaman worrying about canni dancing.

Leveling path: Warrens (free hole key before you leave) 1-20--> Perma 20-30/32 --> CT 30/32-43 (the temple area is literally a cow level of XP) --> w/e the hell you wanna do after that its gonna slow down some. Just abuse those insanely high ZEM dungeons. You'll have it mostly to yourself and if you happen to come across other brave adventurer(s) reward them for taking on a more challenging route with your godlike twinkage and group up for a bit to cut down on the monotony.

Macro forage in w/ some commonly used button. Should keep you going w/o ever having to go back to town.

Use stonestance and mend basically on cooldown unless you're anticipating some butt pucker pull / spawn.

Also if you can, shelve the monk at 50 (1-50 is the most fun anyway) til you can do a full epic mq. I can't imagine soloing a monk to 60 w/o epic.

You're welcome.

Solist
08-28-2022, 10:10 AM
Join riot or vanquish.
Spend whatever time you were going to stuffing about with a mediocre dogshit monk, tracking mobs.

After 2 wks of very casual play buy him a Zlandi talisman for ST key.
Then save dkp for a primal 2hb, farm dkp to buy sellable shit like AoN's, sell them and buy priceless 1hb and scale loot rights. -> Level your monk with essence mace and priceless 1hb, primal in bank at the ready.

Or do the same, buy him a VP key after +-1 day of dkp.

Buy him a torsmang staff, and a dain crown, and save for aow legs showing up to non slowable mobs on a shaman or whatever your main is (bonus points for halfling druid).

Your 100k is just for fungi, cloak of flames and a tink bag. Rest is irrelevent vendor trash.

Knuckle
08-28-2022, 11:26 AM
FBSS sucks. Its only 21%. Sell it for 2x 65 hp rings.

(4k) Imbued Fighters Staff (lighter than Peacebringer, I cannot believe its 2022 and dipshits are still recommending PB to monks) + (24k) Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt (34%) + (60k, maybe 55k) Fungi.

Whatever you have left get some light weight STR / HP gear and a Large Soiled Bag. Between that and your Box of Abu that should cover all your weight. Never ever go above the weight penalty if solo, and make sure your agi is above 75 w/ the fungi on. It makes a difference.

Don't worry about acquiring 1 handers unless they fall into your lap. You'll blow through the early levels so fast you won't notice a difference.

If you're a true autist you can unequip the slow IFS between swings and get "free" fist attacks but I don't recommend it...just the same as I don't recommend shaman worrying about canni dancing.

Leveling path: Warrens (free hole key before you leave) 1-20--> Perma 20-30/32 --> CT 30/32-43 (the temple area is literally a cow level of XP) --> w/e the hell you wanna do after that its gonna slow down some. Just abuse those insanely high ZEM dungeons. You'll have it mostly to yourself and if you happen to come across other brave adventurer(s) reward them for taking on a more challenging route with your godlike twinkage and group up for a bit to cut down on the monotony.

Macro forage in w/ some commonly used button. Should keep you going w/o ever having to go back to town.

Use stonestance and mend basically on cooldown unless you're anticipating some butt pucker pull / spawn.

Also if you can, shelve the monk at 50 (1-50 is the most fun anyway) til you can do a full epic mq. I can't imagine soloing a monk to 60 w/o epic.

You're welcome.

Great info - I forgot I also have the large soiled bag as well already, sounds like im good on that stuff. How much should I set aside for potions like SoW/Gate/Damage shield? Are they worth the effort or cost inefficient for duration.

Is spiked seahorse belt your recommendation for haste for any specific reasons, is it the cheapest 34% haste?

Good call on Warrens, completely forgot its late velious....freaking stonebrunt is out forgot that was a pre luclin zone lol.

Keebz
08-28-2022, 01:35 PM
(4k) Imbued Fighters Staff (lighter than Peacebringer, I cannot believe its 2022 and dipshits are still recommending PB to monks)

Well, if he goes the IFS route, it is pretty heavily damage capped til 30, so he should use a Wu's quivering staff or peacebringer from 20-29. Peacebringer is also 1/4 the price of IFS and he's on a budget.

Is spiked seahorse belt your recommendation for haste for any specific reasons, is it the cheapest 34% haste?

Seahorse Belt is good and widely available. Cocw is fine as well, but has worse stats. Shroud of the dar broud is an easy pick up if your guild does zlandi. Whatever you can acquire easily.

You really don't need to overthink this. Monk with a fungi is pretty straightforward and with a decent haste item and ~1k in weapons, you will just destroy until 55 or so. Go explore the world and enjoy the ride. My only advice is to try to work on bind wound when you can to make it less tedious later on.

Knuckle
08-28-2022, 07:13 PM
Well, if he goes the IFS route, it is pretty heavily damage capped til 30, so he should use a Wu's quivering staff or peacebringer from 20-29. Peacebringer is also 1/4 the price of IFS and he's on a budget.

Seahorse Belt is good and widely available. Cocw is fine as well, but has worse stats. Shroud of the dar broud is an easy pick up if your guild does zlandi. Whatever you can acquire easily.

You really don't need to overthink this. Monk with a fungi is pretty straightforward and with a decent haste item and ~1k in weapons, you will just destroy until 55 or so. Go explore the world and enjoy the ride. My only advice is to try to work on bind wound when you can to make it less tedious later on.

I have time to kill while i grind the plat, I like preparing and optimizing. I've played monk several times but never done a solo run with twink gear, so trying to get my monies worth. Good to know on that shroud/cocw, i think i'd shoot for whatever is the highest haste for lowest dollar is what it sounds like unless the stats are a huge difference maker.

Keebz
08-28-2022, 09:22 PM
Right on. You will definitely get your monies worth. Jade Maces/Wu's/IFS + fungi + spiked seahorse belt is a good start.

For other gear, just focus HP. In addition to being the best stat, it double dips with bind wound and mend as you know. I'd also suggest a few rings of shadow for getting around. Speaking of useful 0.1 and 0.0 weight items, Lionhide Backpack is a cheap bag for holding them. As for pots, I'd just get SoW pots or jboots, and if you ever find yourself dealing with dmg shields (e.g. sol a gnomes), a bag of pumice stones goes a long way. DMG shield pots might be useful 46-50 when the leveling spots get a bit weird, but not required.

Toxigen
08-29-2022, 07:05 AM
Great info - I forgot I also have the large soiled bag as well already, sounds like im good on that stuff. How much should I set aside for potions like SoW/Gate/Damage shield? Are they worth the effort or cost inefficient for duration.

Good call on Warrens, completely forgot its late velious....freaking stonebrunt is out forgot that was a pre luclin zone lol.

Seahorse belt b/c its the cheapest 34% and it also weighs 0.

DS pots are worth it, albeit not needed at all. Its just basically a NOS button. I used 'em on my paladin which is obviously a much bigger % difference in dps, but would still work wonders for a solo monk. Chug one at full HP w/ mend up and just go bonkers til it expires, then go sit somewhere safe and get back up to full and do it again.

Its never a bad idea to keep a stack of SoW pots on you, 4 invis rings, a WC cap, reaper, all that stuff too. You may not ever truly "need" them but if you're going twink why not have the luxury items too. Just remember to stay under the weight limit!

Troxx
08-29-2022, 03:25 PM
Yeah with that kind of budget: seahorse belt, fungi, imbued fighters staff. Spend the rest on some cheap filler gear and creature comforts and save for epic MQ

eqravenprince
09-01-2022, 02:06 PM
After fungi purchase, a couple jade maces, wu's quivering staff for keeping up 2hb skill, and everything else lightweight items with +HP. Save the rest of the money for a cloak of flames and tstaff to purchase down the road.

Toxigen
09-01-2022, 02:35 PM
After fungi purchase, a couple jade maces, wu's quivering staff for keeping up 2hb skill, and everything else lightweight items with +HP. Save the rest of the money for a cloak of flames and tstaff to purchase down the road.

I'd rather have an epic mq for 46 and a IFS than a T staff.

Just sayin.

eqravenprince
09-01-2022, 05:40 PM

Just sayin.

Epic + IFS is good, not as good as Epic + Tstaff. What does an epic mq cost these days, can't say that I've seen one for sale.

Crede
09-01-2022, 09:38 PM
Cof is dumb. It’s so much money for 50 extra hp. Just get a ccow or get a seahorse for 2% less haste and basically the same hp

My priority would be fungi > seahorse belt > epic > Tstaff. That wep is so broke for being a KC drop.

Toxigen
09-02-2022, 10:03 AM
Epic + IFS is good, not as good as Epic + Tstaff. What does an epic mq cost these days, can't say that I've seen one for sale.

No shit. Hes on a 100k budget though.

Do the math.

Fungi, Seahorse, IFS, epic is the best way to spend (approx) 100k on a monk. If theres a tid bit leftover just get some nice lightweight HP/STR items.

eqravenprince
09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
No shit. Hes on a 100k budget though.

Do the math.

Fungi, Seahorse, IFS, epic is the best way to spend (approx) 100k on a monk. If theres a tid bit leftover just get some nice lightweight HP/STR items.

Doing a quick search on forum, monk epic is 75-100kpp. He only has 40kpp to work with after fungi. Tstaff is 50kpp. I'll stick with my original advice, go with fungi, 2 jade mace and fbss, which leaves him with about 37kpp. 2 jade mace > IFS, just get a wu's quivering staff for 2hb skill ups. Then buy a Tstaff in mid 20s when you have 50kpp. Or keep saving and get an epic for 75kpp, then save another 50kpp for Tstaff.

zelld52
09-02-2022, 01:36 PM
FOR LEVELLING / SOLO - Priorize STRENGTH / AC. If you have a Fungi, that wil carry you to 50 easy, with some bandages to supplement. Don't need low weight / HP gear until 50+. Certain stuff should be priority - the stuff that you won't replace even after 50. (Silver Chitin Wristband is best in slot until you get Bracer of Benevolence, for instance)

Ear: Black Sapphire Electrum Earring (HP, better at 50+) (1k) / Orc Fang Earring (100-200p) (Strength, better for levelling)
Neck: Dragon Tooth Choker (2k) / Spider Fur Collar (100p) - both have strength.
Face: Crystal Spider Eyes (1k) (HP, better for 50+) / Mask of Wurms (50-100p) (strength, better for levelling)
Head: Dragon Tooth Choker (2k)
Ear: Black Sapphire Electrum Earring (1k) / Orc Fang Earring (100-200p)

Finger: Gem Encrusted Ring (4k) (str, still use this on my 60 monk) / Velium Fire Wedding Ring (250p)
Wrist: Silver Chitin Wristband (4k) (best in Slot til 55+ bracer of benevolence, even with the heavy weight)
Arms: Black Pantherskin Sleeves (1.5k) / Azure Sleeves (100p)
Hands: Gauntlets of Fiery Might (4k)
Wrist: Silver Chitin Wristband (4k)
Finger: Velium FIre Wedding RIng (250p)

Shoulder: Barbed Dragonscale Pauldrons (2.5k) / Wurm Scale Coat (3k)
Back: Dire Wolf-Hide Cloak (1k) / Shimmering Terror Hide Cloak (800p)
Chest: Fungi Tunic (60k)
Waist: Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt (20k)
Legs: Oiled Greaves (2.5k) / Black Pantherskin Leggings (1.5k)
Boots: Barbed Dragonscale Boots (2k) / Footpads of the Tiger (1k)

Primary: Imbued Fighter Staff (10k) / Peacebringer (3k) / Jade Mace (1k)
Secondary: Jade Mace (1k)
Ranged: Idol of the Thorned (1.5k)

Prices are based on the Green server atm.

Again, I would prioritize strength and neglect weight limit until 50+. At 50+, try your best to get under weight, and prioritize HP / AC.

I levelled a monk 1-50 in about 2 weeks with the gear I listed. I was using a Runed Fighter Staff and switched to a T Staff at 50.

zelld52
09-02-2022, 01:50 PM
Don't go cheap on the haste. If anything, get a 34-36% haste and then fill in the rest with whatever you can find. Especially if using IFS.

Allishia
09-02-2022, 01:51 PM
I vote jade maces for cheap weps till 20. Then ifs. Also seahorse belt can be bought as low as 15-20k depends who you know how desperate seller is and is just fine till raid gear. 2hb is 100% best for solo, less repo, and dmg shields won't eat you /nod

Ripqozko
09-02-2022, 02:44 PM
spend nothing and get to 60 pulling mobs into camp, join VQ or riot and get free stuff. save your plat for beads. hope that helps

Knuckle
09-02-2022, 03:33 PM

Just sayin.

how much you think a green MQ would cost?

Knuckle
09-02-2022, 03:35 PM
FOR LEVELLING / SOLO - Priorize STRENGTH / AC. If you have a Fungi, that wil carry you to 50 easy, with some bandages to supplement. Don't need low weight / HP gear until 50+. Certain stuff should be priority - the stuff that you won't replace even after 50. (Silver Chitin Wristband is best in slot until you get Bracer of Benevolence, for instance)

Ear: Black Sapphire Electrum Earring (HP, better at 50+) (1k) / Orc Fang Earring (100-200p) (Strength, better for levelling)
Neck: Dragon Tooth Choker (2k) / Spider Fur Collar (100p) - both have strength.
Face: Crystal Spider Eyes (1k) (HP, better for 50+) / Mask of Wurms (50-100p) (strength, better for levelling)
Head: Dragon Tooth Choker (2k)
Ear: Black Sapphire Electrum Earring (1k) / Orc Fang Earring (100-200p)

Finger: Gem Encrusted Ring (4k) (str, still use this on my 60 monk) / Velium Fire Wedding Ring (250p)
Wrist: Silver Chitin Wristband (4k) (best in Slot til 55+ bracer of benevolence, even with the heavy weight)
Arms: Black Pantherskin Sleeves (1.5k) / Azure Sleeves (100p)
Hands: Gauntlets of Fiery Might (4k)
Wrist: Silver Chitin Wristband (4k)
Finger: Velium FIre Wedding RIng (250p)

Shoulder: Barbed Dragonscale Pauldrons (2.5k) / Wurm Scale Coat (3k)
Back: Dire Wolf-Hide Cloak (1k) / Shimmering Terror Hide Cloak (800p)
Chest: Fungi Tunic (60k)
Waist: Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt (20k)
Legs: Oiled Greaves (2.5k) / Black Pantherskin Leggings (1.5k)
Boots: Barbed Dragonscale Boots (2k) / Footpads of the Tiger (1k)

Primary: Imbued Fighter Staff (10k) / Peacebringer (3k) / Jade Mace (1k)
Secondary: Jade Mace (1k)
Ranged: Idol of the Thorned (1.5k)

Prices are based on the Green server atm.

Again, I would prioritize strength and neglect weight limit until 50+. At 50+, try your best to get under weight, and prioritize HP / AC.

I levelled a monk 1-50 in about 2 weeks with the gear I listed. I was using a Runed Fighter Staff and switched to a T Staff at 50.

1.) Fungi
2.) Seahorse Belt
3.) IFS
4.) Cheapest gear you listed in each slot, or even cheaper hehe
5.) SC Wrists
6.) Epic MQ...maybe

A good start! I onlyhave 20k so far so a long way to go, have slowed on my farming briefly to work on my druids epic(which i am justifying will allow me to grind plat more efficiently).

Any good advice in this thread for a 55 druid to make bank for the monk dream is appreciated!!

PatChapp
09-03-2022, 01:06 PM
Monk epic is very easy, few days if you buy the pipe mq and get a brother q/z kill. I wouldn't worry too much about buying the full Mq,overall it's kind of a fun one anyway.

Ripqozko
09-03-2022, 02:36 PM
Join kittens and spam you need an epic, you’ll get it in a week. Ask zumbutu to do it for ya, hope that helps.

Keebz
09-03-2022, 02:53 PM
1.) Fungi
2.) Seahorse Belt
3.) IFS
4.) Cheapest gear you listed in each slot, or even cheaper hehe
5.) SC Wrists
6.) Epic MQ...maybe

You can safely skip the SC wrists. Your left over budget should be 10-15k depending on server and spending 8k on wrists is a bad choice. Just get tar goo strands. They are half as good an 1/1000 the price. If you get +hp in every slot you can, you'll be killing it. Before the high end stuff, monk armor is pretty terrible, so it's not a huge difference with/without _all_ the pieces, so don't stress it.

Epic will be huge at 46, so I'd arrange to for some help ahead of time. I don't know what your main is, but generally you can solo or buy MQs for the pipes, then bring a group or two to knock out the fights. So you probably want to save some plat for those and coordinate with your guild/friends about the other epic stuff ahead of time.

hobart
09-09-2022, 11:24 AM
1-30, I would use 1h weapons. And since leveling 30-50 SoS x2 is the most dps you can do, I would start there. Even though you're applying the 1-8 (depending on level) damage bonus so less often, the ratio makes up for it. Everyone always says too slow without doing the math. And at 28 delay, you take less damage from ripostes and damage shields which is the big sell for 2H at those levels anyways.

I also like IFS over PB. And you keep that IFS forever (until you get better) for damage shield mobs you can't or don't want to dispell.

And yes, I also think Seahorse belt is the best haste bang for the buck.

zelld52
09-09-2022, 12:54 PM
1-30, I would use 1h weapons. And since leveling 30-50 SoS x2 is the most dps you can do, I would start there. Even though you're applying the 1-8 (depending on level) damage bonus so less often, the ratio makes up for it. Everyone always says too slow without doing the math. And at 28 delay, you take less damage from ripostes and damage shields which is the big sell for 2H at those levels anyways.

I also like IFS over PB. And you keep that IFS forever (until you get better) for damage shield mobs you can't or don't want to dispell.

A) were you a GM on EQMac?

B) the big sell for me personally on 2hb isn't the less riposte. It's the weapon swap. Monk has H2H skill as well, so monk can swign with 2hb, unequip, get a dual wield attack with secondary fist, then re-equip 2hb before delay is up for another swing. repeat.

It works even better when you get epic, because fist delay is 16 unhasted. So you can swing 2hb (typically around 30 delay), unequip, get a (potential) quad attack with both fists, and then re-equip before delay is up for another (potential) double attack with 2hb. It adds about another 30% DPS. With 2hb and epic fists - monk can (potentially) hit 6 attacks per round. At 60, this goes up to 9 attacks per round.

Toxigen
09-09-2022, 02:52 PM
B) the big sell for me personally on 2hb isn't the less riposte. It's the weapon swap. Monk has H2H skill as well, so monk can swign with 2hb, unequip, get a dual wield attack with secondary fist, then re-equip 2hb before delay is up for another swing. repeat.

It works even better when you get epic, because fist delay is 16 unhasted. So you can swing 2hb (typically around 30 delay), unequip, get a (potential) quad attack with both fists, and then re-equip before delay is up for another (potential) double attack with 2hb. It adds about another 30% DPS. With 2hb and epic fists - monk can (potentially) hit 6 attacks per round. At 60, this goes up to 9 attacks per round.

Yeah thats right up there with Canni dancing levels of autism.

I could see doing it in a tight spot (I have before)...but all the time? Big fat no thanks amigo.

zelld52
09-09-2022, 03:14 PM
It makes the mobs die quicker. Which means you take less damage, and then less downtime before fighting the next mob.

It adds a tremendous amount of DPS with epic fists. Often I will quad attack for 140 in between 2hb swings. It's essentially adding another 2hb swing. It's the difference between 80dps and 100dps.

Monk is a really unique and cool class, with a lot of tricks. But most people just treat it as a warrior with feign death.

Tewaz
09-09-2022, 04:43 PM
I'd add in allocating some budget to tinker bags.

Solist
09-10-2022, 09:20 AM
Again,

Join riot or vanq. Farm dkp for a few weeks. Put a primal and priceless shit on newb monk at level 5.

Add a fungi/CoF/dozen empty slots. Job done.

Knuckle
09-10-2022, 01:41 PM

so dual wield SoS is essentially the best DPS 1-50? First I've heard that in the thread, not opposed to it but no other 1hbs reasonably priced match that power?

zelld52
09-11-2022, 10:02 AM
no, dual wield SoS is not the best dps 1-50. RFS is.

2nd would be T Staff with weapon swap to h2h between swings.

Toxigen
09-11-2022, 12:40 PM
so dual wield SoS is essentially the best DPS 1-50? First I've heard that in the thread, not opposed to it but no other 1hbs reasonably priced match that power?

Also need to take into account damage taken.

Even if SoS is marginally better dps, you're going to take far less damage w/ IFS, which should equate to more XP / hour and that is the only thing that actually matters.

Knuckle
09-11-2022, 10:15 PM
Also need to take into account damage taken.

Even if SoS is marginally better dps, you're going to take far less damage w/ IFS, which should equate to more XP / hour and that is the only thing that actually matters.

good point, and saves me 10k(on green).

Crawdad
09-12-2022, 05:06 PM
Good news, I recently twinked a monk and here's the Magelo:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Jeb!

Couple meh fills with shoulder/arms/gloves/ranged but it was 60% twinking and 40% fashion.

Croco
09-12-2022, 10:31 PM

Couple meh fills with shoulder/arms/gloves/ranged but it was 60% twinking and 40% fashion.

peacebringer is trash, get an IFS

Toxigen
09-13-2022, 08:59 AM

jesus overweight christ my eyes...that ranged slot lol (just use shurikens)

Troxx
09-13-2022, 01:22 PM
no, dual wield SoS is not the best dps 1-50. RFS is.

2nd would be T Staff with weapon swap to h2h between swings.

Once the damage caps are lifted IFS will beat 2x SoS. You might get some unlucky fights with misses that frustrate you, but you’ll also get some amazeballs fights where shit melts.

Averaged over time IFS is the 2nd best non-raid dps weapon in the game (best being TStaff). I’m ignoring peacebringer which … while also good … is heavy as shit for a monk.

Either of those 2handers will beat out epic fist + scepter of mastery from Kael.

Crawdad
09-13-2022, 03:00 PM
peacebringer is trash, get an IFS

Peacebringer is great for 20-30, why use IFS with sub-30 damage cap?

jesus overweight christ my eyes...that ranged slot lol (just use shurikens)
Do people honestly care about weight limit sub-50?

Troxx
09-13-2022, 03:30 PM
Monks do.

Crawdad
09-13-2022, 05:23 PM
Monks do.

Going through monk weight threads for the last handful of years point me towards either 1) people don't care until ~50 or 2) don't care at all

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273076
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230843
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124325
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294109

Etc etc etc. You're really not going to use a 28/30 weapon to level on a twink over what, 15ac? While having haste+fungi+boat load of Hp?

Croco
09-13-2022, 07:07 PM
Peacebringer is great for 20-30, why use IFS with sub-30 damage cap?

Do people honestly care about weight limit sub-50?

Why use a weapon you're going to get rid of anyways, that's garbage because it's so heavy, just because it'll do a fraction more damage during levels that fly by? Just get an IFS and move on with life.

Troxx
09-13-2022, 07:51 PM
Going through monk weight threads for the last handful of years point me towards either 1) people don't care until ~50 or 2) don't care at all

Etc etc etc. You're really not going to use a 28/30 weapon to level on a twink over what, 15ac? While having haste+fungi+boat load of Hp?

Why would you when you can have a 38/40 dps weapon with much lower weight?

Toxigen
09-14-2022, 03:12 PM

The IFS also allows you to swap to fists for extra attack in between swing timers if you're a true autist.

Crawdad
09-14-2022, 04:07 PM
Why use a weapon you're going to get rid of anyways, that's garbage because it's so heavy, just because it'll do a fraction more damage during levels that fly by? Just get an IFS and move on with life.

The IFS also allows you to swap to fists for extra attack in between swing timers if you're a true autist.

Why would you when you can have a 38/40 dps weapon with much lower weight?

Man these replies are so weird to me. Nobody's saying not to use an IFS, just that it's slow at low levels with a damage cap and there are better options for different ranges. Thread's asking on how to twink a new monk for 100k, not some mid-50s dude asking for weapon advice. Maybe its my fault for trying to kick some opinions out of the low-level-monk-weight-limit dead horse.

Toxigen
09-14-2022, 05:44 PM
Man these replies are so weird to me. Nobody's saying not to use an IFS, just that it's slow at low levels with a damage cap and there are better options for different ranges. Thread's asking on how to twink a new monk for 100k, not some mid-50s dude asking for weapon advice. Maybe its my fault for trying to kick some opinions out of the low-level-monk-weight-limit dead horse.

Because on a 100k monk twink 20-30 is like...almost zero play time and insignificant

you'd get faster xp just getting through it w/ an IFS rather than trying to find more weapons / shuttle them to your monk, etc

i like to full equip a char at 1 rdy to go and then never return to the tunnel

Keebz
09-14-2022, 07:58 PM
Just pick up a Wu's Quivering Staff for 20-29. It's like 100plat.

Troxx
09-14-2022, 11:26 PM
Because on a 100k monk twink 20-30 is like...almost zero play time and insignificant

you'd get faster xp just getting through it w/ an IFS rather than trying to find more weapons / shuttle them to your monk, etc

Toxigen is Jesus

You should listen to tox

/thread

Toxigen
09-15-2022, 10:07 AM
Toxigen is Jesus

You should listen to tox

/thread

One day I shall rise from the dead and return to in-game P99.

For now I roam the ground of thy beseechings, graciously bestowing my years of wisdom on elfsim forum.

wagorf
09-19-2022, 12:54 PM

^^

IFS route and epic should be next goal while you level (save up plat, do the actual quest, join a guild, etc)

Toxigen
09-19-2022, 01:17 PM
^^

IFS route and epic should be next goal while you level (save up plat, do the actual quest, join a guild, etc)

Every monk needs to camp Raster, agreed.

If you're twinked, can do it while getting XP. Bonerjamz.

Knuckle
09-19-2022, 07:26 PM
up to about 43k now with 5k in sellables. sadly looks like fungi might be closer to 65-70k on green so im looking pretty barebones after Fungi/Seahorse/IFS, but nonetheless i trudge forward the goal.

enjchanter
09-19-2022, 08:03 PM
6 pages to say fungi , seahorse belt and 2 jade maces

Edit : sell the ifs, get 2 jade maces, gg

Croco
09-19-2022, 11:22 PM
6 pages to say fungi , seahorse belt and 2 jade maces

Edit : sell the ifs, get 2 jade maces, gg

Tell me you don't know anything about a monk without telling me you don't know anything about a monk.

Solist
09-20-2022, 02:26 AM
Tell me you don't know anything about a monk without telling me you don't know anything about a monk.

Tell me you think it actually matters... Any of those weapons, any of those hastes, they all work. It doesnt matter. Add a fungi, kill shit. You'll be 50 or 49.6, is about the difference.

Croco
09-20-2022, 04:32 AM
Tell me you think it actually matters... Any of those weapons, any of those hastes, they all work. It doesnt matter. Add a fungi, kill shit. You'll be 50 or 49.6, is about the difference.

I guess when I give advice I prefer it to be good advice.

Jimjam
09-20-2022, 05:24 AM
Every monk needs to camp Raster, agreed.

If you're twinked, can do it while getting XP. Bonerjamz.

I skipped this dude twice by murdering bros cos I wanted a whistling fist robe to wear with my epic... Maybe I should do it a third time to get a little red dress the Raster way?

Also agreed that Tunnel sucks. I go there once on a toon to buy the best weapons / hp rings I can afford and never return. If Kurns doesn't make me enough PP to get plat/velium fire rings by 20 then I'll be wearing golds all the way to 60.

Can fill unimportant slots with random trash that drops in xp zones. It's more fun that way and is a nice way to document the character's levelling journey.

Good weapon, good haste, good hp rings, good regen tunic and go.

enjchanter
09-20-2022, 09:55 AM

There's nothing to know bruv

Fungi is 70k according to him
Sea horse belt is probably 30k also
He's on a 100k budget
Jade maces are free and crank well enough for hitting blue mobs

If you think you couldn't solo on a monk with that set up then maybe you don't know anything about monks.

Knuckle
09-20-2022, 11:04 AM

He's on a 100k budget

If you think you couldn't solo on a monk with that set up then maybe you don't know anything about monks.

actually luckily seahorse is only 20k here, that much i can confirm, but IFS is about 10k, jade maces are 1k each approx.

That being said, my druid is almost 57, i might be able to farm the seahorse belt at some point, 57 is a bit of a stretch for that zone so im probably delusional.

Croco
09-20-2022, 11:54 AM

He's on a 100k budget

Oof you should probably stick to caster threads.

Vivitron
09-20-2022, 02:13 PM
actually luckily seahorse is only 20k here, that much i can confirm, but IFS is about 10k, jade maces are 1k each approx.

That being said, my druid is almost 57, i might be able to farm the seahorse belt at some point, 57 is a bit of a stretch for that zone so im probably delusional.

I have never seen a druid solo that camp. I'm not sure if it's possible, but maybe if they found a way to snare park the elemental out of the way? Might be an interesting puzzle for a 60 druid. You basically have to be factioned to solo it, too, as far as I can tell. So don't take any SG faction hits if you want to try.

Toxigen
09-20-2022, 02:33 PM
Honestly for 20k better off porting for a while than trying to farm it on a 57 druid.

Troxx
09-20-2022, 02:51 PM
Yeah better off porting or doing other things than trying to solo (definitely) or even win in a group.

Tewaz
09-20-2022, 03:11 PM
I'm doing a similar monk twink. How much worse is an RBB than a Seahorse belt? Obviously the haste is a bit less, but the stats are just as good imo.

Encroaching Death
09-20-2022, 03:35 PM
I'm doing a similar monk twink. How much worse is an RBB than a Seahorse belt? Obviously the haste is a bit less, but the stats are just as good imo.

They're both essentially the same price. I'd go with Seahorse.

Jimjam
09-20-2022, 04:07 PM
You buy the one for sale then never revisit ec

Toxigen
09-20-2022, 05:45 PM

3% more haste is nothing to sneeze at. Will you notice it on a single mob? Probably not, but over the course of the char's leveling time to 60? I'll take the 34%.

Going from RBG to RBB used to be a pretty big deal upgrade.

PatChapp
09-20-2022, 07:28 PM
I have never seen a druid solo that camp. I'm not sure if it's possible, but maybe if they found a way to snare park the elemental out of the way? Might be an interesting puzzle for a 60 druid. You basically have to be factioned to solo it, too, as far as I can tell. So don't take any SG faction hits if you want to try.

Yeah I don't think it's possible for a druid. I'm sure they could execute the kill, but that's not the challenge with fellspine as you know.

Vivitron
09-21-2022, 04:46 PM
Yeah I don't think it's possible for a druid. I'm sure they could execute the kill, but that's not the challenge with fellspine as you know.

Can you ensnare the elemental and it doesn't reset while ensnared? If so, my best theory (all untested, I have an enchanter not a druid): set a bear pet on the ph, go to that hallway near the ww zoneline, pet attack the ph. Does the elemental come solo? I think it might: the pet directly aggros the ph, so you get social aggro on the elemental, but the ph gets blurred because you are on land, hopefully leaving you with just social aggro on the elemental, which doesn't social more mobs.

If snare parking the elemental is possible, you might be able to charm-suicide the ph into the other two mobs. After that you would be left with one seahorse and one mermaid in the camp for charm 1v1.

Troxx
09-22-2022, 12:21 AM
3% more haste is nothing to sneeze at. Will you notice it on a single mob? Probably not, but over the course of the char's leveling time to 60? I'll take the 34%.

Going from RBG to RBB used to be a pretty big deal upgrade.

This

EverQuest and p99 is a game of inches. 3% haste is more than most high end players can hope for with dkp buys.

Ps: TStaff and max haste is as good as most scrub monks can manage without tunare and NToV loot.

Toxigen
09-22-2022, 03:59 AM
Can you ensnare the elemental and it doesn't reset while ensnared? If so, my best theory (all untested, I have an enchanter not a druid): set a bear pet on the ph, go to that hallway near the ww zoneline, pet attack the ph. Does the elemental come solo? I think it might: the pet directly aggros the ph, so you get social aggro on the elemental, but the ph gets blurred because you are on land, hopefully leaving you with just social aggro on the elemental, which doesn't social more mobs.

If snare parking the elemental is possible, you might be able to charm-suicide the ph into the other two mobs. After that you would be left with one seahorse and one mermaid in the camp for charm 1v1.

The druid to ask would be Sugz.

PatChapp
09-22-2022, 06:59 AM

I dunno how that'll go,but If anyone tries it on green I definitely want to watch

Ripqozko
09-22-2022, 02:47 PM
Oof you should probably stick to caster threads.

You should stick to p2002 threads, you don't play here.

Knuckle
09-26-2022, 12:06 PM
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/324178345400991754/1023987963559936141/unknown.png?width=904&height=345

Progress!! guildie gave me a decent deal on fungi, still owe him 10.8k on it, got the jboots, rest is mostly filler for now including the staff but hard to beat for 300pp until the IFS + seahorse secured.

Croco
09-26-2022, 04:39 PM
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/324178345400991754/1023987963559936141/unknown.png?width=904&height=345

Progress!! guildie gave me a decent deal on fungi, still owe him 10.8k on it, got the jboots, rest is mostly filler for now including the staff but hard to beat for 300pp until the IFS + seahorse secured.

You should be able to find a staff of battle for around that price as well and it's about 2 lbs lighter than a wu's quivering staff for just about the same dps. It's a very underrated monk 2hb, 31/37 is very decent imo.

Tewaz
09-26-2022, 04:47 PM
You should be able to find a staff of battle for around that price as well and it's about 2 lbs lighter than a wu's quivering staff for just about the same dps. It's a very underrated monk 2hb, 31/37 is very decent imo.

Wu's much better until level 30 though.

I used IFS just to keep my skill up until 30 and once I hit it, the damage skyrocketed.

Slow to level it though.

Knuckle
09-26-2022, 08:10 PM

yeah its not something i even need tbh, literally just if i want to log into ec tunnel and smash stuff.

Knuckle
10-23-2022, 01:21 PM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/734419055158755419/1033790446306070690/unknown.png
(toon has skin like nature on)
Progress on the purchasing:

Dual Jade maces(for 1-20 + its fun)
Fungi Tunic 58k (great guildie deal)
Black Pantherskin Sleeves
Black Pantherskin Boots
Black Pantherskin Leggings
Black Pantherskin Shoulderpads
Black Pantherskin Gloves
that 5 piece set was bundle deal for 4900pp, plus fashionquest.
Executioners Hood 200pp
Sarnak Hide Mask 100pp
Black Pantherskin Wrist 300pp
Hardened Clay Bracelet 500pp
Hooded Black Cloak - Owned from previous toon years ago- free\
2x Velium Fire Wedding Rings 750pp total (shoulda just got the 55hp ones oh well)
Orc Fang Earring - Free from guildie
Diamondine Earring - 100pp
Runed Lava Pendant - 400pp

Still to Purchase:
IFS -7-8k expected
Spiked Seahorse Belt 18-20k expected --- unless someone thinks an epic 58-59 druid can solo this camp.
Potions: Leaning towards some teleport pots for innothule/cabilis/everfrost/thurg --- longterm no rush.

So far just been having a blast murdering orcs and pawns to get freeport faction. Have a goal of just getting non kos to sneak train at monk guild in the future, once i have the seahorse belt I will actually leave EC orc genocide behind and really level.

Thanks for all the help, will give final updates but thought it'd be cool to show the progress on the advice, even though i bought some unnecessary black pantherskin armor, enjoying the comsetic aspect.

Croco
10-23-2022, 02:00 PM
I assume you mean 48k for the fungi as 58k is not a great deal. Also you'd do more dmg with a different offhand, like some knuckle dusters.

Elizondo
10-23-2022, 02:10 PM
Box Of Abukar too heavy IMO

Get a large soiled bag and a lionhide backpack and you're good to go IMO

Knuckle
10-23-2022, 03:24 PM
I assume you mean 48k for the fungi as 58k is not a great deal. Also you'd do more dmg with a different offhand, like some knuckle dusters.

im on the green server!

Knuckle
10-23-2022, 03:25 PM
Box Of Abukar too heavy IMO

Get a large soiled bag and a lionhide backpack and you're good to go IMO

Yeah ive got a soiled bag on druid ill trade over to him and maybe buy a tink bag when i sell some of these ice burrower silks

zelld52
10-25-2022, 10:23 AM
Knuckle get out of the tunnel and level lol. the fungi alone is enough to carry a monk to 50

Knuckle
10-25-2022, 11:23 AM
Knuckle get out of the tunnel and level lol. the fungi alone is enough to carry a monk to 50

Oh it’s not wether I can or can’t. I’ve endured the afk grind of solo leveling my Druid to 58. I’ll have that seahorse belt and 60 on my Druid, and my monk will be whatever level getting non kos from killing orcs in ec puts him at.

Toxigen
10-25-2022, 12:17 PM
some say the lizard still wanders the ec tunnel...muttering "seahorsies, seahorsey belt" to himself

PatChapp
10-25-2022, 01:43 PM
On green 58k is a great deal.
Not sure how a druid could do fellspine,maybe if you had a cleric to pacify the non animal merbs.

Zuranthium
10-26-2022, 01:53 AM
Don’t forget to get a Stave of Shielding so you can swap to it inbetween rounds of the Imbued Fighters Staff.

Monks can easymode Two-hand dual wield with offhand fist, but I know you are a very overactive young man Knuckle. The stave of shielding will maximize your DPS and surround you with pretty particles and extra AC.

Snaggles
10-26-2022, 07:27 AM
Don’t forget to get a Stave of Shielding so you can swap to it inbetween rounds of the Imbued Fighters Staff.

Monks can easymode Two-hand dual wield with offhand fist, but I know you are a very overactive young man Knuckle. The stave of shielding will maximize your DPS and surround you with pretty particles and extra AC.

With an IFS you have just over a second (if not hasted at all) to time swapping in a 28 delay offhand and are more likely to miss the MH timer and delay a 2h hit even a fraction of a second. If you are cycling on/off attack whether to flop aggro or try and game the MH timer you are just as likely to forget to turn attack back on or bork a flop. The more complicated something gets often the less reliable it is to repeat consistently, especially under pressure or if tired.

I don’t know anyone else who swaps in an offhand. I (and many others) just hover the 2h for a punch or two while keeping attack on. It’s a solid and fairly easy increase in damage you can get a rhythm on. I’d keep a SoS for the proc and then put it away for another hr or so.

PatChapp
10-26-2022, 10:37 AM
It can be worthwhile to swap fungi/robes for haste clicks,but that's a pain in the ass itself.
I can't imagine having that + weapon swaps.
That's a whole nother level

radbeard
10-26-2022, 02:19 PM
With an IFS you have just over a second (if not hasted at all) to time swapping in a 28 delay offhand and are more likely to miss the MH timer and delay a 2h hit even a fraction of a second. If you are cycling on/off attack whether to flop aggro or try and game the MH timer you are just as likely to forget to turn attack back on or bork a flop. The more complicated something gets often the less reliable it is to repeat consistently, especially under pressure or if tired.

I don’t know anyone else who swaps in an offhand. I (and many others) just hover the 2h for a punch or two while keeping attack on. It’s a solid and fairly easy increase in damage you can get a rhythm on. I’d keep a SoS for the proc and then put it away for another hr or so.

IFS is 40 delay. Thats 4 seconds. At 100% max haste its 2 seconds. Its still wildly difficult to do this swapping thing and I don't think it makes any sense to even attempt it, but its not as bad as 1 second!

Its probably also worth noting that if you never misfire and do a punch primary attack, a merely delayed primary attack isn't necessarily a straight dps loss if your offhand is doing a good chunk of damage and the delay is minimal then it could still be a dps increase. it just isn't feasible to keep this up without error for very long. Maybe if Wurmslayer could be offhanded still it would be worth considering!

Snaggles
10-26-2022, 02:31 PM
IFS is 40 delay. Thats 4 seconds. At 100% max haste its 2 seconds. Its still wildly difficult to do this swapping thing and I don't think it makes any sense to even attempt it, but its not as bad as 1 second!

Its probably also worth noting that if you never misfire and do a punch primary attack, a merely delayed primary attack isn't necessarily a straight dps loss if your offhand is doing a good chunk of damage and the delay is minimal then it could still be a dps increase. it just isn't feasible to keep this up without error for very long. Maybe if Wurmslayer could be offhanded still it would be worth considering!

I was just noting the difference between the MH (4 seconds, 2 fully hasted at 60) and the 28 delay offhand (SoS) is a .5-1 second gap depending on haste. If you can do the swap you don't get an immediate free hit with the SoS. The fist works great for this because fully hasted it's 8 delay so pretty easy to get a couple cycles in w/o delaying the 2h even a fraction of a second.

As a side-note, the primary fist won't swing until the MH timer resets. I've opened with a Earthshaker (70 delay unhasted) and swapped in a 19 delay primary. I got two ranger punches before I got one more slash off the 1hs MH.

I respect the tryhardism here. The 2h-punch trick can really bump a monk up in DPS. Taking it to 3D chess seems more likely to be a detriment than plus your game. If you have reflexes this quick you probably should go win money at like CS:Go or something :)

Kirdan
10-26-2022, 03:36 PM
People seem confused about what swapping does when you do it right. You swap your 2h weapon out at the right time and you get an immediate *offhand* bare fist swing, then you replace your 2h in time to swing again. If you are getting more than a couple punches in then you are doing it wrong and you are missing on a 2h swing. There isn't a way to get extra weapon swings in by swapping something into your offhand because the offhand swings happen immediately when you remove your 2h.

radbeard
10-26-2022, 03:37 PM
People seem confused about what swapping does when you do it right. You swap your 2h weapon out at the right time and you get an immediate *offhand* bare fist swing, then you replace your 2h in time to swing again. If you are getting more than a couple punches in then you are doing it wrong and you are missing on a 2h swing. There isn't a way to get extra weapon swings in by swapping something into your offhand because the offhand swings happen immediately when you remove your 2h.

you would get the offhand weapon swap by toggling auto-attack off before unequipping the weapon. this has been a long discussion about how its technically feasible but not practically feasible.

Snaggles
10-26-2022, 03:56 PM

Thank you for saying succinctly what I could not :)

zelld52
10-26-2022, 04:31 PM

unless you have an epic, and then fists are 9 delay hasted and you get mainhand + secondary swings in between 17 delay t staff swings

Kirdan
10-26-2022, 05:35 PM
Epic is not required to weapon swap for offhand swings, and it actually reduces your offhand swing damage because your non-epic bare fists are higher damage and the delay is not a factor. If you are getting mainhand swings with your bare fists then you are doing it wrong and missing 2h swings.

Zuranthium
10-26-2022, 09:37 PM
At 100% max haste its 2 seconds.

A solo melee player will likely not have max haste though. For someone who is just leveling up with typical gear, they will only have 21% - 36%.

But yes, when having high haste amounts, it's more ideal to have a higher delay Two-hander to be able to absolutely maximize DPS.

I was just noting the difference between the MH (4 seconds, 2 fully hasted at 60) and the 28 delay offhand (SoS) is a .5-1 second gap depending on haste.

.6 to 1.2 depending on haste, yes. The exact time at which you click the offhand needs to be kept within that timeframe during the cycle or else you won't get the extra swing, because it will still be on cooldown from the last time you swung it. To create maximum DPS it's thus necessary to immediately turn off autoattack after the Two-hand swing and swap to the offhand without waiting too long (unless you were to always be slower with your timing and swing the offhand later in the cycle, but that's a ridiculous risk to take, because you would be likely to mess up the next primary attack).

What actually may be easier to not mess up the timing, is to not use autoattack at all. Instead, spam the hotkey for manual attack on Two-hander after reequipping it, that way you'll "feel" the swing happen and can swap by feel. Not using autoattack will create small input delays on the effective attack delay of your Two-hand weapon, but if that's what's needed for a particular individual to get the dual attack every round, then that is going to result in better DPS overall.

The most user-friendly method will be to not swap every attack round, instead every other Two-hand round. That way there will be less work and less worry about timing, but still a decent DPS increase.

There isn't a way to get extra weapon swings in by swapping something into your offhand

As explained already, yes there is.

It's very important for Warriors and Rangers. I vividly recall my favorite Warriors in 1999 swapping every round with their Executioners Axes and Slayers Axes and Fleshrippers, and the difference was huge. Grouping with less skilled Warriors felt bad, you could immediately feel how they were contributing less.

As lower delay weapons and high haste amounts entered into the game, the technique seemingly was forgotten about. It's still the best thing to do though.

Toxigen
10-27-2022, 08:18 AM
It's very important for Warriors and Rangers.

No its not, as velious was beat in kunark gear without weapon swapping. Its levels of autism higher than canni dancing. Hope this helps.

Allishia
10-27-2022, 02:34 PM
A solo melee player will likely not have max haste though. For someone who is just leveling up with typical gear, they will only have 21% - 36%.

But yes, when having high haste amounts, it's more ideal to have a higher delay Two-hander to be able to absolutely maximize DPS.

.6 to 1.2 depending on haste, yes. The exact time at which you click the offhand needs to be kept within that timeframe during the cycle or else you won't get the extra swing, because it will still be on cooldown from the last time you swung it. To create maximum DPS it's thus necessary to immediately turn off autoattack after the Two-hand swing and swap to the offhand without waiting too long (unless you were to always be slower with your timing and swing the offhand later in the cycle, but that's a ridiculous risk to take, because you would be likely to mess up the next primary attack).

What actually may be easier to not mess up the timing, is to not use autoattack at all. Instead, spam the hotkey for manual attack on Two-hander after reequipping it, that way you'll "feel" the swing happen and can swap by feel. Not using autoattack will create small input delays on the effective attack delay of your Two-hand weapon, but if that's what's needed for a particular individual to get the dual attack every round, then that is going to result in better DPS overall.

The most user-friendly method will be to not swap every attack round, instead every other Two-hand round. That way there will be less work and less worry about timing, but still a decent DPS increase.

As explained already, yes there is.

It's very important for Warriors and Rangers. I vividly recall my favorite Warriors in 1999 swapping every round with their Executioners Axes and Slayers Axes and Fleshrippers, and the difference was huge. Grouping with less skilled Warriors felt bad, you could immediately feel how they were contributing less.

As lower delay weapons and high haste amounts entered into the game, the technique seemingly was forgotten about. It's still the best thing to do though.

Are you on blue or green? If on blue could you show me what you are talking about? I have diff weps to try and can run gam parse. I wanna see how to do it please /nod

Toxigen
10-27-2022, 03:03 PM
Are you on blue or green? If on blue could you show me what you are talking about? I have diff weps to try and can run gam parse. I wanna see how to do it please /nod

You think you do, but you don't.

Zuranthium
10-27-2022, 05:40 PM
velious was beat in kunark gear without weapon swapping.

So what if zerg can beat content. That has nothing to do with maximizing your character in other situations where the difference matters more.

Players who are trying to level or farm or beat certain content with the smallest amount of people possible will see big gains by playing better.

What you call "autism" is standard level of top play in competitive games. It's hilarious how you even said that about Monk offhand fist technique in this thread. Wow, clicking your Two-hander off and on sure is a difficult task, when otherwise you would be sitting there doing nothing else at all, just staring at the NPC and autoattacking. LOL.

Trying to full weapon swap every round with max haste is surely annoying, but at least occasionally it will feel rewarding, if you know it's needed to beat a certain NPC.

If on blue could you show me what you are talking about? I have diff weps to try and can run gam parse. I wanna see how to do it please /nod

I don't have a dual wield character on Blue. I also don't have EQ installed at all right now.

Just try without too high of a haste mod to start. You could also not use auto-attack to start with. Create a hotkeys for manual attack with your primary weapon and offhand weapon, and have a bag opened and positioned next to your equippable weapon slots on screen, so you can switch between your Two-hander and offhand weapon with minimal mouse movement. Press the hotkey for manual attack with the primary weapon, swap in the offhand and press that attack hotkey, then swap in the primary weapon and hit that attack hotkey until it happens (at which point then you swap again and keep repeating the cycle).

You'll have to find what feels optimal for you. When max hasted, swapping every other round is probably going to be most viable. What two-handers does your character have right now?

Ripqozko
10-27-2022, 06:44 PM

He’s on red, no one cares about him or red. If you joined the pop would be 10 instead of 9.

Allishia
10-28-2022, 09:01 AM
So what if zerg can beat content. That has nothing to do with maximizing your character in other situations where the difference matters more.

Players who are trying to level or farm or beat certain content with the smallest amount of people possible will see big gains by playing better.

What you call "autism" is standard level of top play in competitive games. It's hilarious how you even said that about Monk offhand fist technique in this thread. Wow, clicking your Two-hander off and on sure is a difficult task, when otherwise you would be sitting there doing nothing else at all, just staring at the NPC and autoattacking. LOL.

Trying to full weapon swap every round with max haste is surely annoying, but at least occasionally it will feel rewarding, if you know it's needed to beat a certain NPC.

I don't have a dual wield character on Blue. I also don't have EQ installed at all right now.

Just try without too high of a haste mod to start. You could also not use auto-attack to start with. Create a hotkeys for manual attack with your primary weapon and offhand weapon, and have a bag opened and positioned next to your equippable weapon slots on screen, so you can switch between your Two-hander and offhand weapon with minimal mouse movement. Press the hotkey for manual attack with the primary weapon, swap in the offhand and press that attack hotkey, then swap in the primary weapon and hit that attack hotkey until it happens (at which point then you swap again and keep repeating the cycle).

You'll have to find what feels optimal for you. When max hasted, swapping every other round is probably going to be most viable. What two-handers does your character have right now?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Twisted_Steel_Bastard_Sword

https://wiki.project1999.com/Gaudralek,_Sword_of_the_Sky

Ripqozko
10-28-2022, 09:59 AM

No gozz shovel? Oof, don't look for alli If ya hungry

Allishia
10-28-2022, 10:18 AM
No gozz shovel? Oof, don't look for alli If ya hungry

Lol

Zuranthium
10-28-2022, 09:12 PM

Twisted Steel Bastard Sword is fantastic for DPS, just get yourself a Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn for the offhand now!

That other weapon may have too low of a delay to be able to swap effectively when full hasted, let us know your findings there.

Allishia
10-31-2022, 11:26 AM
Twisted Steel Bastard Sword is fantastic for DPS, just get yourself a Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn for the offhand now!

That other weapon may have too low of a delay to be able to swap effectively when full hasted, let us know your findings there.

Ok I'll try and snag one next wuoshi :)

Knuckle
10-31-2022, 11:52 AM

I’m going for a more chill leveling style of pressing auto attack and my x y z monk ability for ocd skill maxing and that’s it. I do agree I will want to do this for higher level solo challenge content and acknowledge I’d level faster this way, but I also leveled my Druid to 58 by mostly root/nuke, afk.

Tewaz
10-31-2022, 12:03 PM
Guys don't fall for Zuranthium's trolls or he will fill your inbox with shit about professional ice skating. He's not well.

Zuranthium
11-05-2022, 12:36 AM
Ok I'll try and snag one next wuoshi :)

Aren't you super rich? Should be easy to buy!

Toxigen
11-05-2022, 07:07 AM
Aren't you super rich? Should be easy to buy!

she lost all her money on pet kits

Knuckle
12-27-2022, 01:46 PM
Hey Gang, just wanted to say we completed the quest of gearing knuckle despite multiple AFK's from Everquest, I even ended up with some better items because of pure luck and or extra money. Didn't hurt that I came back during christmas and was in a group that split 3 fungi tunics, bane of nife, and bedlam.... Which means I finally got that Spiked Seahorse Belt and IFS....
So anyway heres final form Knuckle. Except I can't start leveling until i do Rebby's note so I can bank in freeport. And a Tinker's Bag/Box of Abu Kar. Then we are DEFINITELY 100% ready to level outside of EC. Probably gonna listen to a lot of Nujabes and mindlessly wander the world mashing things to death with my monk twink. It's gonna be zen.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/708040826210746371/1057353211368980530/image.png

zelld52
12-27-2022, 02:31 PM
Level 16.... lol.

You coulda been level 50 in the same amount oftime with the gear you had from September.

But, like they say a good monk makes the gear good, but good gear doesn't make the monk good.

zelld52
12-27-2022, 02:32 PM
Kidding aside - grats. Go to perma and duo with my shaman ;)

Encroaching Death
12-27-2022, 02:39 PM
I'm trying to do this with my monk as well.

Except I'm doing it in the most mind-numbing way possible and my Monk is already 52.

Keebz
12-27-2022, 02:55 PM
Re: BagQuest—I still run a large soiled bag for smaller items and a forager bag for .1 or 0 weight items. Add in a tink bag or two and some medicine bags and you're g2g for a while.

zelld52
12-27-2022, 02:58 PM
Re: BagQuest—I still run a large soiled bag for smaller items and a forager bag for .1 or 0 weight items. Add in a tink bag or two and some medicine bags and you're g2g for a while.

Weight doesn't matter til 50 anyway.

Knuckle
12-27-2022, 03:31 PM
Kidding aside - grats. Go to perma and duo with my shaman ;)

I am not going back to those pits, I got fist of karana and am fisting othmirs. I hate that bear pit.

zelld52
12-27-2022, 04:35 PM
I am not going back to those pits, I got fist of karana and am fisting othmirs. I hate that bear pit.

Not pits - the goblins upstairs on yer monk