PDA

View Full Version : Biden Bails Out Losers With Worthless College Degrees

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Elizondo
08-24-2022, 01:16 PM
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-biden-announces-student-loan-forgiveness/story?id=88736949

President Biden announces student loan forgiveness

Ahead of another deadline on the restart of payments for America's $1.7 trillion in federal student loans, President Joe Biden on Wednesday announced a plan to cancel debt for a subset of Americans and continue to keep a pandemic-era pause on the repayments -- a sweeping move he has openly weighed in some form or another since his time as a candidate.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/american-women-hold-two-thirds-of-all-student-debt-heres-why.html

American women hold two-thirds of all student debt—here’s why

According to the American Association of University Women (AAUW), women hold roughly two-thirds of all student debt in the nation. As of 2019, women hold almost $929 billion in outstanding student debt.

A recent report from student loan refinancing company Laurel Road suggests that a major reason for this disparity is because women are less likely to understand how student debt works.

robayon
08-24-2022, 01:20 PM
Two questions

Do you have a college degree?

Do you have a girlfriend/wife?

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 01:21 PM
“One thing people need to keep in mind is that a suspension of payments is not the same as debt forgiveness” (https://www.cnbc.com/select/trump-memorandum-student-loans/)

unsunghero
08-24-2022, 01:25 PM
Already paid my student loans, too bad Biden can’t fire up the money printer to forgive my mortgage and credit card debt at the cost of our economy

Fuck me I guess

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 01:33 PM
Would it be a good idea to end student loan forbearance?

Would it be a good idea politically? Seems like suicide.

I am startled.

robayon
08-24-2022, 01:35 PM
"I had to suffer through polio. And now they have a vaccine for it... for free? No, those broke kids should suffer like I did. That fucking pinko commie Jonas Salk is probably a deep state pedophile." - the modern conservative stereotype who has time-travelled to 1955

MrSparkle001
08-24-2022, 01:36 PM
Just in time for the midterms huh.

$10k is nothing by the way. My car loan is many times that. But I guess if you're just out of college and still in your struggling phase that's a pretty decent amount of debt to lose. $20k is a decent amount.

Will it bring these young people to the polls this fall though? Nah.

What I want to see is more loan forgiveness for the poor schmucks that got suckered into those for-profit schools. They're carrying all kinds of debt and have nearly nothing to show for it with "degrees" that aren't worth a thing.

Botten
08-24-2022, 01:39 PM
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-biden-announces-student-loan-forgiveness/story?id=88736949

President Biden announces student loan forgiveness

Ahead of another deadline on the restart of payments for America's $1.7 trillion in federal student loans, President Joe Biden on Wednesday announced a plan to cancel debt for a subset of Americans and continue to keep a pandemic-era pause on the repayments -- a sweeping move he has openly weighed in some form or another since his time as a candidate.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/american-women-hold-two-thirds-of-all-student-debt-heres-why.html

American women hold two-thirds of all student debt—here’s why

According to the American Association of University Women (AAUW), women hold roughly two-thirds of all student debt in the nation. As of 2019, women hold almost $929 billion in outstanding student debt.

A recent report from student loan refinancing company Laurel Road suggests that a major reason for this disparity is because women are less likely to understand how student debt works.

Sexist Elizondo purposely omits in his own article major blinding reason.

“Because of factors like the gender pay gap, debt that could be manageable ends up becoming unmanageable, particularly for women.”

Can't wait for women to crush stupid MAGA.

Kansas and now today's NEWS:

Democrat Pat Ryan Wins in House Race That Turned on Abortion (https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/24/nyregion/pat-ryan-special-election-abortion.html)

Jibartik
08-24-2022, 01:43 PM
We should NOT forgive student loans.

We SHOULD prevent them from being a thing for future generations.

If you want forgiveness, win a class action lawsuit.

MrSparkle001
08-24-2022, 01:44 PM

“Because of factors like the gender pay gap, debt that could be manageable ends up becoming unmanageable, particularly for women.”

Can't wait for women to crush stupid MAGA.

Kansas and now today's NEWS:

Democrat Pat Ryan Wins in House Race That Turned on Abortion (https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/24/nyregion/pat-ryan-special-election-abortion.html)

You pay for the New York Times?

And to me that means the system is working. The issue of abortion is being pushed back to the states where it should have been all along. It's not in the constitution, it never was, and now people can vote on it.

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 01:45 PM
We should NOT forgive student loans.

We SHOULD prevent them from being a thing for future generations.

If you want forgiveness, win a class action lawsuit.

What if we don't forgive them but permanently pause repayment requirements without ever saying so?

Jibartik
08-24-2022, 01:47 PM
Sounds like forgiveness but with that little nagging voice in the back of your head that whispers "they own you..."

The truth is we should absolutly just prevent future victims, and ignore past victims.

The best argument for fixing it against people who have paid them off already, "what you dont want to cure cancer because you beat cancer?!?!"

how about, "what you dont want to cure cancer unless they cure YOUR cancer??" as a retort.

robayon
08-24-2022, 01:50 PM
That would be even cooler and would not even require legislation

It's kind of what I do with medical debts and what a lot of us do with actual health problems

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 01:53 PM
ExtinctionExecutive rebellion.

Elizondo
08-24-2022, 01:55 PM

Gender Pay Gap is a myth

Hope that helps

https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/bolotnyy/files/be_gendergap.pdf

Mechanically, the earnings gap can be explained in our setting by the fact that men take 48% fewer unpaid hours off and work 83% more overtime hours per year than women. The reason for these differences is not that men and women face different choice sets in this job. Rather, it is that women have greater demand for workplace flexibility and lower demand for overtime work hours than men. These gender differences are consistent with women taking on more of the household and childcare duties than men, limiting their work availability in the process

robayon
08-24-2022, 02:00 PM
I just checked, the average student loan debt amount is like 28k. And you get 20k if you make less than 125k and had a Pell grant

So, yeah, hopefully a good chunk for the majority. Shrewd but obviously practical. That's not nothing.

I paid about 15k in total over the years, and no, I am sure I don't get reimbursed but whatever, I'm not selfish or myopic.

Interesting that feeble minded and short sighted conservatives who oppose a plan like this apparently would take the tack of "I had to pay x, where's my money?" while simultaneously opposing anything that resembles affirmative action or reparations

Gosh, I wonder what the differences are between the sets of people who benefit from student debt forgiveness and those whose ancestors were slaves between like 1700 and 1865

robayon
08-24-2022, 02:01 PM
Gender Pay Gap is a myth

Hope that helps

https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/bolotnyy/files/be_gendergap.pdfBut do you have a wife or girlfriend?

Elizondo
08-24-2022, 02:15 PM
I just checked, the average student loan debt amount is like 28k. And you get 20k if you make less than 125k and had a Pell grant

So, yeah, hopefully a good chunk for the majority. Shrewd but obviously practical. That's not nothing.

I paid about 15k in total over the years, and no, I am sure I don't get reimbursed but whatever, I'm not selfish or myopic.

Interesting that feeble minded and short sighted conservatives who oppose a plan like this apparently would take the tack of "I had to pay x, where's my money?" while simultaneously opposing anything that resembles affirmative action or reparations

Gosh, I wonder what the differences are between the sets of people who benefit from student debt forgiveness and those whose ancestors were slaves between like 1700 and 1865

Why stop at Student Loans?

Why not forgive ALL Debt held by every American

robayon
08-24-2022, 02:18 PM
Why stop at Student Loans?

Why not forgive ALL Debt held by every AmericanYes, sounds good. It's mostly just numbers in software anyways.

Not a deal breaker if I can't get it, but I think we oughta reverse means-test it, ignore the debt of anyone with a net worth over ten million, but yeah, otherwise sounds good.

Reiwa referred to me as an economist, you can trust that I've crunched the numbers

Botten
08-24-2022, 02:33 PM
Gender Pay Gap is a myth

Hope that helps

https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/bolotnyy/files/be_gendergap.pdf

Did you read your own article???

... Analyzing two policy changes, we demonstrate
that while reducing schedule controllability can reduce the earnings gap, it can also make workers—particularly female workers—worse off...

In short see

Why Do Women Earn Less Than Men? Evidence from Bus and Train Operators (https://scholar.harvard.edu/bolotnyy/publications/why-do-women-earn-less-men-evidence-bus-and-train-operators-job-market-paper)

Same author.

Rethalis
08-24-2022, 02:35 PM
Free lol. Idiots.

robayon
08-24-2022, 02:40 PM
Have any of you fellas ever faked having a specific college degree?

Elizondo
08-24-2022, 02:42 PM
Did you read your own article???

In short see

Why Do Women Earn Less Than Men? Evidence from Bus and Train Operators (https://scholar.harvard.edu/bolotnyy/publications/why-do-women-earn-less-men-evidence-bus-and-train-operators-job-market-paper)

Same author.

lol dude

That's their way of explaining it away, but the fact is the vast majority of student loan debt is held by women. The numbers don't lie.

Gender Pay Gap is a myth

Rethalis
08-24-2022, 02:44 PM
"Why is college so expensive? I don't know let's subizide it more."

"College tuition keeps growing at an exponentially high rate compared to everything else in the economy, that is not subsidized. What can we do to fix it? Let's subsidize some more!"

We can't fix the college prices! Let's completely subsidize it to artificially inflate the price to taxpayers infinitely so that way it looks like the price is free! Fixed!

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 02:45 PM
Do they keep the elevated social status and pay rates or are they shamed by their fellow Greek Life support groups?

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 02:53 PM

"College tuition keeps growing at an exponentially high rate compared to everything else in the economy, that is not subsidized. What can we do to fix it? Let's subsidize some more!"

We can't fix the college prices! Let's completely subsidize it to artificially inflate the price to taxpayers infinitely so that way it looks like the price is free! Fixed!

Tromp did it first.

Rethalis
08-24-2022, 02:54 PM
Tromp did it first.

This has been long going on before trump.

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 02:56 PM
This has been long going on before trump.

No I mean the pause thing, which I think is gonna stick around in perpetuity.

Elizondo
08-24-2022, 02:59 PM
Imagine you took out a student loan, worked hard, got an entry level job in the field you studied for and took on a second job to pay off that student loan.

You worked your ass off for years and paid the money back you owed. You fulfilled your obligation and responsibility. You feel a sense of accomplishment.

Then some senile dipshit (with a stroke of a pen) washes away the debt of total losers who made bad career choices and now you not only paid off your student loan debt, but now you're paying off theirs

This is criminal. Shame on anyone who supports this crap.

Rethalis
08-24-2022, 03:06 PM
No I mean the pause thing, which I think is gonna stick around in perpetuity.

Oh yup. Once it's out of the bag it can't be put back in. I didn't read the article, is it just infinite deferment or actually debt forgiveness (still deferment really)

Rethalis
08-24-2022, 03:08 PM
Why would the Biden Admin want to create two classes of college graduate beyond that of utility colleges and ivy league?

Dems require victim classes to win votes. I wonder what year it will be when we horshoe back around to every single individual being their own victim class?

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 03:11 PM
Oh yup. Once it's out of the bag it can't be put back in. I didn't read the article, is it just infinite deferment or actually debt forgiveness (still deferment really)

Separate part, it got extended to January again. So they just keep doing that and everyone is busy yelling about the wrong thing.

Kich867
08-24-2022, 03:17 PM
What I want to see is more loan forgiveness for the poor schmucks that got suckered into those for-profit schools. They're carrying all kinds of debt and have nearly nothing to show for it with "degrees" that aren't worth a thing.

Pretty sure that's already been happening for awhile now. Friend of mine went to one, not sure how much he got back or if all of it was forgiven or what but I don't think that college exists anymore.

In regards to reducing student loan debt, dope. I have a lot of it, the suspension of needing to pay it let me purchase a home and contribute significantly more to my local economy. I'm out here helping keep people employed, investing in my community, making sure blue collar workers have something to do.

Get wrecked nerds.

Every dollar that gets wiped from my student loans goes directly into the economy. Sounds like a win/win, wrap it up boys.

Kaveh
08-24-2022, 03:18 PM
Imagine you took out a student loan, worked hard, got an entry level job in the field you studied for and took on a second job to pay off that student loan.

You worked your ass off for years and paid the money back you owed. You fulfilled your obligation and responsibility. You feel a sense of accomplishment.

Then some senile dipshit (with a stroke of a pen) washes away the debt of total losers who made bad career choices and now you not only paid off your student loan debt, but now you're paying off theirs

This is criminal. Shame on anyone who supports this crap.

You’re unemployed

peterpal
08-24-2022, 03:21 PM
People seething over a good thing happening to a large group of the population and then calling themselves Christian

Elizondo
08-24-2022, 03:22 PM
Pretty sure that's already been happening for awhile now. Friend of mine went to one, not sure how much he got back or if all of it was forgiven or what but I don't think that college exists anymore.

In regards to reducing student loan debt, dope. I have a lot of it, the suspension of needing to pay it let me purchase a home and contribute significantly more to my local economy. I'm out here helping keep people employed, investing in my community, making sure blue collar workers have something to do.

Get wrecked nerds.

Every dollar that gets wiped from my student loans goes directly into the economy. Sounds like a win/win, wrap it up boys.

You're just going into more debt

If you can't pay off your student loan obligations odds are you'll default on your home loan as well

Kich867
08-24-2022, 03:29 PM
You're just going into more debt

If you can't pay off your student loan obligations odds are you'll default on your home loan as well

Sounds like you're an idiot, no worries, I'll elaborate:

Suspending student loan payments let me acquire the down payment of my home several years earlier than I had anticipated with how I planned out my finances, not that I couldn't ever afford a home.

Now that I own a home, I've set aside the money I would've set aside for my loans to hire contractors and purchase other things from local stores to help my local economy.

I've been told that our payments would restart several times, so I set aside money for that too, except it kept getting extended, which let me then reinvest that money into the economy further.

Thanks for playing.

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 03:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/j6ajYFt.png

Rethalis
08-24-2022, 03:31 PM

Suspending student loan payments let me acquire the down payment of my home several years earlier than I had anticipated with how I planned out my finances, not that I couldn't ever afford a home.

Now that I own a home, I've set aside the money I would've set aside for my loans to hire contractors and purchase other things from local stores to help my local economy.

I've been told that our payments would restart several times, so I set aside money for that too, except it kept getting extended, which let me then reinvest that money into the economy further.

Thanks for playing.

Kinda like our SSI money that gets re invested? They just keep deferring payments to us till a later age.

Elizondo
08-24-2022, 03:34 PM

Thanks for playing.

You're just going into more debt and whatever money you "invest" into The Economy is being offset by taxpayers paying for your shirked responsibilities

Nobody is stopping you from paying off your student debt now instead of passing it off to responsible people who paid off theirs

You signed the loan agreement. Pay what you owe instead of making pathetic excuses.

trusken
08-24-2022, 03:43 PM
So I paid off my wife's student loans after we got married and now I'm paying off other people's? Wtf .... my tax dollars arnt for this crap

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 03:44 PM
black pill for blakey boi (https://twitter.com/ltthompso/status/1562498413060452352)

trusken
08-24-2022, 03:45 PM
I expect alot in return for paying off people's loans and neither Bidden nor any dems have yet to do anything but cost me more money

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 03:48 PM
Healthcare, education. Tie anything they can to the individual via backward anti-American methods so the citizens are discontent and bad mouth it.

Black Pilled Commie BS works via discouragement.

Danth
08-24-2022, 03:51 PM
$10k is nothing by the way. My car loan is many times that.

You can discharge your car loan via existing bankruptcy law any time you like. A lot of student debt cannot be discharged via similar means. That's a large part of why this issue has become the issue it has; with no means of debt management we're otherwise gradually falling back to a form of 19th century debt slavery. The universities are bringing this on themselves by fighting bankruptcy law tooth and nail; had they been more reasonable the point would've been moot. I do not particularly like student debt forbearance or forgiveness in a perfect world, but it's turning into a sensible option in our corrupt far-from-perfect world.

Danth

nostalgiaquest
08-24-2022, 03:55 PM
I paid off 50k in college loans and I’m still in favor of this. The better thing would be to make colleges cheaper, but I don’t see that happening. Should be even more for technical degrees, and trade schools should be included if they aren’t already.

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 03:57 PM
You can discharge your car loan via existing bankruptcy law any time you like. A lot of student debt cannot be discharged via similar means.

It could before the banks got heavily tied in with student loans, you could at one point declare bankruptcy and get out of your student loans. I knew two older folks who did it, right out of school Max purchased a cheap economy car then they both declared bankruptcy. They drove the new car while their credit was bad but they were debt free after 7 years.

College wasn't rammed down your throat as required for American life then but jobs were being sent overseas which mean the mills and plants were closing. That Tom Cruise movie about going to college instead of the mill, which were looked at as something of the past.
Edit: This is because Max and Sherry were exceptions to the rule. College just wasn't what it is now with how they have it setup.
"Higher Education" was an aspiration, not a standard for living.

TL/DR: The bank is going to get their money, up to including the police with deadly force.

peterpal
08-24-2022, 03:58 PM
When it's tax cuts for the rich or spending on military no one bats an eye - if it's helping millions of regular people it's bribing for votes or reeee communism

Danth
08-24-2022, 04:02 PM
It could before the banks got heavily tied in with student loans, you could at one point declare bankruptcy and get out of your student loans. I knew two older folks who did it, right out of school Max purchased a cheap economy car then they both declared bankruptcy. They drove the new car while their credit was bad but they were debt free after 7 years.

College wasn't rammed down your throat as required for American life then but jobs were being sent overseas which mean the mills and plants were closing. That Tom Cruise movie about going to college instead of the mill, which were looked at as something of the past.

TL/DR: The bank is going to get their money, up to including the police with deadly force.

Yeah, I remember. That was why I brought it up. Didn't have to get to this point. Decent system used to be in place but it got corrupted.

As for deadly force, once upon a time the government used to shoot workers who had the gall to go on strike. Maintaining a free society always requires work protecting it from those who would revert it back to human's default condition of nobles, peasants, and slaves.

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 04:06 PM
Yeah, I remember. That was why I brought it up. Didn't have to get to this point. Decent system used to be in place but it got corrupted.

As for deadly force, once upon a time the government used to shoot workers who had the gall to go on strike. Maintaining a free society always requires work protecting it from those who would revert it back to human's default condition of nobles, peasants, and slaves.

I don't disagree. It's what has to be done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiquola_Mill_Massacre

The Chiquola Mill Massacre, also known locally as Bloody Thursday, was the violent dispersal of a picket line of striking workers outside the Chiquola textile mill in Honea Path, South Carolina. The strike was part of the textile workers' strike of 1934, which mobilized workers up and down the East Coast of the United States in response to the worsening labor conditions during the Great Depression.

Starbucks came in with their N.Pacific swill to shit out a union. So far no coffee workers have been shot on sight.

"Hey you need a middle-man to live an American life, the system is rigged!"

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 04:16 PM
When it's tax cuts for the rich or spending on military no one bats an eye - if it's helping millions of regular people it's bribing for votes or reeee communism

Would you prefer 8% of xxl pizza or 10% of medium pizza?

https://i.gifer.com/26Pn.gif

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 04:21 PM
The military spending is what gets me, how much less should it be?

At what point do we balance being invaded for our nice things vs. being safe to have nice things and a society, to make long term plans for investments and marriage, children.

As you can see by current events, other nations are not afraid to role tanks through and kill everyone. American is accused of this and its used a guilt to have less spending on it. I think they are assholes looking for an edge and are butt-blasted like a P99 raider guild is when they can't get their pixels.

Botten
08-24-2022, 04:29 PM
You're just going into more debt and whatever money you "invest" into The Economy is being offset by taxpayers paying for your shirked responsibilities

Nobody is stopping you from paying off your student debt now instead of passing it off to responsible people who paid off theirs

You signed the loan agreement. Pay what you owe instead of making pathetic excuses.

Elizondo and trusken are rightfully scared that the more educated someone is they will be indoctrinated into democrat ideology. Oh no those big liberal colleges!

Hell republicans if given the chance would love to bust up teacher's unions in public schools (perhaps even doing away with public schooling altogether).

The cost of school just isn't the same as what Boomers and Gen X paid.

It really is too bad as you get older you get more conservative and fear change. What's worse are those that have been brainwashed and believe this until they are older.

Evia
08-24-2022, 04:30 PM
I think college and student loan debt is a huge scam and the fixes should be focused on making school more affordable or giving people easier access to grants. Just paying off someones debt sets a horrible precedent because you're allowing people to not take responsibility for their own life choices.
It's totally unfair to those who either paid off their student loan debt, or didnt go to college at all because they knew they couldn't afford it and chose to avoid debt.

Do I feel bad that these people are buried in debt? absolutely!
but that doesnt mean making someone else pay it for them is the right thing to do.
WTF kind of logic is that?
You made the choice to take the loan out.... so pay what you owe like the rest of us had to do.

Jibartik
08-24-2022, 04:30 PM
At what point do we balance being invaded

When we're being invaded. :confused:

As you can see by current events, other nations are not afraid to role tanks through and kill everyone.

By all means, put them on little boats and drive them here, we'll be ready when you get here.

https://i.imgur.com/gdM1LIk.png

Botten
08-24-2022, 04:32 PM
I think college and student loan debt is a huge scam and the fixes should be focused on making school more affordable or giving people easier access to grants. Just paying off someones debt sets a horrible precedent because you're allowing people to not take responsibility for their own life choices.
It's totally unfair to those who either paid off their student loan debt, or didnt go to college at all because they knew they couldn't afford it and chose to avoid debt.

Do I feel bad that these people are buried in debt? absolutely!
but that doesnt mean making someone else pay it for them is the right thing to do.
WTF kind of logic is that?
You made the choice to take the loan out.... so pay what you owe like the rest of us had to do.

Bet you are okay with the military programs paying for free education.

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 04:34 PM
When we're being invaded. :confused:

By all means, put them on little boats and drive them here, we'll be ready when you get here.

https://i.imgur.com/gdM1LIk.png

What?

Poster above me stated military spending. Many people say it should be less and they use guilt-trips to justify it. I am asking, if we were to do such a foolish thing, at what point would the USA be risking an invasion due to our lessened military prowess vs. being safe enough to film Full House episodes in California over the Golden Gate bridge in a classic Ford Mustang. Fully American.

Jibartik
08-24-2022, 04:36 PM
What?

Poster above me stated military spending. Many people say it should be less and they use guilt-trips to justify it. I am asking, if we were to do such a foolish thing, at what point would the USA be risking an invasion due to our lessened military prowess vs. being safe enough to film Full House episodes in California over the Golden Gate bridge in a classic Ford Mustang. Fully American.

We wont ever be invaded because russia couldnt even drive tanks across land into their neighbors country.

The only threat of war is nuclear anihilation, we ahve enough to prevent that, so we dont even need a military beyond that.

If someone did want to invade us, they'd lose half their force before they made halfway to us.

Were safer than a castle surrounded by a moat in the dark ages. We have more oil reserves than any country, we could wall up and never leave except to nuke someone who threatened us and be fine.

If we had an iron dome we'd be even finer.

I dont need a military to protect me because I have the 2nd amendment.

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 04:38 PM
We wont ever be invaded because russia couldnt even drive tanks across land into their neighbors country.

The only threat of war is nuclear anihilation, we ahve enough to prevent that, so we dont even need a military beyond that.

If someone did want to invade us, they'd lose half their force before they made halfway to us.

Were safer than a castle surrounded by a moat in the dark ages. We have more oil reserves than any country, we could wall up and never leave except to nuke someone who threatened us and be fine.

Like some sort of hermit kingdom? ;)

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 04:38 PM
Our Gov and the national media have already swallowed a massive dookie-flavored black pill and reminded the public that the 2nd amendment wouldn't be enough. This was a quiet understanding for years and built on trust while they stockpiled arms and, at least attempted, further gun "safety" restrictions built on the foundation of the mafia during prohibition.

Kich867
08-24-2022, 04:39 PM
Ah bummer, I don't qualify for the loan forgiveness anyways, boooo. Would've been nice, still happy for my homies getting some help!

It's funny that businesses can sign the papers, take 700 billion in loans, and people celebrate when those loans get completely forgiven, but when its actual people (with whom those businesses cant function without) it's vilified.

Y'all are nerds.

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 04:40 PM

How much of that ability would in theory be defunded to meet the public outcry for less spending?

Jibartik
08-24-2022, 04:42 PM
How much of that ability would in theory be defunded to meet the public outcry for less spending?

Hmm idk I just want to jail all bankers and get rid of the military.

I also want there to be a wartime draft.

And then divert all the savings to education.

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 04:43 PM
It's funny that businesses can sign the papers, take 700 billion in loans, and people celebrate when those loans get completely forgiven, but when its actual people (with whom those businesses cant function without) it's vilified.

Y'all are nerds.

PPP kept millions of workers getting regular paychecks during the early phase of Covid when the danger level was unclear. Businesses had to spend X% on payroll to have it forgiven.

Kich867
08-24-2022, 04:43 PM
Hmm idk I just want to jail all bankers and get rid of the military.

Idk why you edited this from the original where you called yourself a "nationalist".

Jibartik
08-24-2022, 04:45 PM
Idk why you edited this from the original where you called yourself a "nationalist".

becasue there is too much baggage with putting your nation first in modern western society.

What does nationalist mean to you?

unsunghero
08-24-2022, 04:47 PM
"I had to suffer through polio. And now they have a vaccine for it... for free? No, those broke kids should suffer like I did. That fucking pinko commie Jonas Salk is probably a deep state pedophile." - the modern conservative stereotype who has time-travelled to 1955

“Get fucked responsible people, you get nothing. No free money from our money printers, nothing”

See I can play too

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 04:47 PM
Hmm idk, but I am a nationalist that wants to move all manufacturing back inside USA and for us to be proud of this country, and execute all bankers.

Hmm, I am a Globalist banker who is heavily invested in American jobs being sent overseas. I am a photo enthusiast of armed young-ladies.

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 04:49 PM

I saw a thingy where they contorted military spending into healthcare, housing, education, and childcare spending somehow. One of the better tricks I've seen online.

Jibartik
08-24-2022, 04:49 PM
Hmm, I am a Globalist banker who is heavily invested in American jobs being sent overseas. I am a photo enthusiast of armed young-ladies.

You must be doing very well for yourself these days then :o

Elizondo
08-24-2022, 04:53 PM
Elizondo and trusken are rightfully scared that the more educated someone is they will be indoctrinated into democrat ideology. Oh no those big liberal colleges!

Hell republicans if given the chance would love to bust up teacher's unions in public schools (perhaps even doing away with public schooling altogether).

The cost of school just isn't the same as what Boomers and Gen X paid.

It really is too bad as you get older you get more conservative and fear change. What's worse are those that have been brainwashed and believe this until they are older.

Bro they are total losers that are breaking a contract they signed and agreed to

Hope that helps

Not surprising Groomers are cheering on bailing out idiots who borrowed a bunch of money for a graduate degree and now don't want it pay it back

Talk about a tax break for the rich lol

unsunghero
08-24-2022, 04:53 PM

^
This

Tuition prices are ridiculous and many majors have little in the way of job opportunities. How about we reform colleges or fund alternatives like trade schools or apprenticeships

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 04:57 PM
You must be doing very well for yourself these days then :o

I spend my time on messageboards, it's good for now so what more can you ask for really.

MrSparkle001
08-24-2022, 04:58 PM
You can discharge your car loan via existing bankruptcy law any time you like. A lot of student debt cannot be discharged via similar means. That's a large part of why this issue has become the issue it has; with no means of debt management we're otherwise gradually falling back to a form of 19th century debt slavery. The universities are bringing this on themselves by fighting bankruptcy law tooth and nail; had they been more reasonable the point would've been moot. I do not particularly like student debt forbearance or forgiveness in a perfect world, but it's turning into a sensible option in our corrupt far-from-perfect world.

Danth

Oh I agree. Higher education costs way too much now and you can't discharge it depending on the loan (most have the type you can't discharge).

But 10k is not a lot of money to forgive. 20k for Pell Grant recipients is a better amount and can make a difference if forgiven, but 10k is small potatoes. It's not going to suddenly change these graduates' lives.

They keep talking about loan forgiveness but won't address why it's so damned expensive to get an education in the first place. And they won't. It's big business. The almighty dollar reigns supreme.

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 04:59 PM
But 10k is not a lot of money to forgive.

Life is relative.

You can seriously screw your life up for less than 10k

Edit: But this country also has states like California that if you don't steal more than $1,000 you are somehow OK but not OK.. it's weird.
Depending on your mood, $10 is worth breaking someones jaw over.

Danth
08-24-2022, 05:00 PM
They keep talking about loan forgiveness but won't address why it's so damned expensive to get an education in the first place. And they won't. It's big business. The almighty dollar reigns supreme.

I'm with you there. Band-aid the symptom, ignore the problem entirely, is no way to maintain a healthy nation long-term.

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 05:00 PM
Oh I agree. Higher education costs way too much now and you can't discharge it depending on the loan (most have the type you can't discharge).

But 10k is not a lot of money to forgive. 20k for Pell Grant recipients is a better amount and can make a difference if forgiven, but 10k is small potatoes. It's not going to suddenly change these graduates' lives.

I wonder if it's like a test balloon or dry run type of thing for legality or whatever.

Using part of the PATRIOT Act to own the Cons is pretty fucking funny though.

MrSparkle001
08-24-2022, 05:01 PM
And another problem: What happens in, say, four years when we have four years' worth of new graduates with new student loan debts who DON'T have them forgiven because they weren't around for this round in 2022? Do we just forgive loans in perpetuity now? Or is it only this current generation of graduates that benefit from this?

This is why this smacks more of politics and appealing to voters than some genuine attempt to change their lives or the system in general.

Elizondo
08-24-2022, 05:02 PM

It's so expensive because the Government guarantees the loan

Gee, where have we seen this before

GinnasP99
08-24-2022, 05:03 PM
College is a scam. Everyone's gonna be a fucking CEO but nobody is gonna mop the floors, right.

unsunghero
08-24-2022, 05:05 PM
“A certificate program in plumbing costs $1,250-$3,000”

Plumber salary: 44-75k/yr

Yea but colleges are priced fairly

unsunghero
08-24-2022, 05:08 PM
And another problem: What happens in, say, four years when we have four years' worth of new graduates with new student loan debts who DON'T have them forgiven because they weren't around for this round in 2022? Do we just forgive loans in perpetuity now? Or is it only this current generation of graduates that benefit from this?

This is why this smacks more of politics and appealing to voters than some genuine attempt to change their lives or the system in general.

Yea it’s just a reward for current voter base, conflict of interest

Blue collar workers get the shaft bc they don’t vote Dem

Jibartik
08-24-2022, 05:19 PM
I wonder how many people are going to get scammed out of money compared to how much money will be given as relief because of this.

unsunghero
08-24-2022, 05:25 PM
This is funny: Harvard Professor Laurence Tribe quote: “Good news for thousands of my former students. I’m grateful on their behalf, Mr. President."

The responses:

“Your Harvard students needed a bailout?"

“Finally a break for the Harvard trained lawyers."

“Won’t anyone think of the children of Harvard Law School?”

“You teach at a college with a $42 billion endowment”

“Finally. It's about time Harvard Law students caught a break in life."

“Harvard students love it when their political party takes your money and gives it to them."

“Tribe teaches at Harvard, which has a $53 billion endowment. Why doesn't Harvard forgive their loans? Why make blue collar taxpayers subsidize the debt of Harvard lawyers?”

“These elitist snobs like @tribelaw are happy that working class families are paying for rich people’s Ivy league indoctrination programs”

Elizondo
08-24-2022, 05:34 PM
Dems cheering that blue collar workers bailing out Elitists with Harvard Law Degrees

Parties flipped

nostalgiaquest
08-24-2022, 05:34 PM
Meanwhile China is fully funding students in STEM to attend high level schools all over the world and bring that knowledge back.

It’s like you all want America to lose.

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 05:40 PM
Meanwhile China is fully funding students in STEM to attend high level schools all over the world and bring that knowledge back.

It’s like you all want America to lose.

What country are those schools in?

nostalgiaquest
08-24-2022, 05:44 PM
What country are those schools in?

America, Germany, France, Netherlands, Italy, Japan, etc

You know what all over the world means right?

robayon
08-24-2022, 05:49 PM
Breaking news: Conservative reactionaries who complain about the bad financial situation in America hate it when America tries to address the bad financial situation haphazardly

You guys hate the libs so much it's rotted your brains

Anyways, hope they do this more and forgive more debts because corporations get breaks like this all the time. From both Democrats and Republicans

Rethalis
08-24-2022, 05:51 PM
Did you hear? In the inflation reduction act, subsidies for e cars got wiped out by car companies increasing their price on them to match.

Elizondo
08-24-2022, 05:52 PM
Breaking news: Conservative reactionaries who complain about the bad financial situation in America hate it when America tries to address the bad financial situation haphazardly

Bailing people out of debt they agreed to will lead to good economic decisions by said people?

/boggle

robayon
08-24-2022, 05:53 PM
Did you hear? In the inflation reduction act, subsidies for e cars got wiped out by car companies increasing their price on them to match.Now I am worried about electric college students

robayon
08-24-2022, 05:54 PM
Bailing people out of debt they agreed to will lead to good economic decisions by said people?

/boggleWe do it for banks, why not the people? Fuck it cut a check

Elizondo
08-24-2022, 06:01 PM
We do it for banks, why not the people? Fuck it cut a check

All he's doing is forcing the poor and middle class to bail out coastal elites

You abandoned your principles so quickly and easily

robayon
08-24-2022, 06:08 PM
What, you never bought a lottery ticket? I went to college on the Hope scholarship, which was a system designed to force the poor to pay for college for the children of the middle class

This is just more of the same halfass shit to prevent revolution from a decaying capitalist order

I'm not even gonna bother trying to explain my principles if you're gonna deliberately twist them. I don't even believe the middle class exists, buddy.

Elizondo
08-24-2022, 06:23 PM
This is just more of the same halfass shit to prevent revolution from a decaying capitalist order

I'm not even gonna bother trying to explain my principles if you're gonna deliberately twist them. I don't even believe the middle class exists, buddy.

If The Government is guaranteeing the loan and bailing people out, it's not Capitalism

Hope that helps

Homesteaded
08-24-2022, 06:25 PM
10 Pages in a day?

Don't you people work?

Elizondo
08-24-2022, 06:39 PM
Pathetic losers can't even pay off loans they signed and agreed to and then pass off their debt to struggling families trying to make ends meet. Record inflation, High gas prices, a Recession and now this.

What a slap in the face

Homesteaded
08-24-2022, 06:47 PM
Pathetic losers can't even pay off loans they signed and agreed to and then pass off their debt to struggling families trying to make ends meet. Record inflation, High gas prices, a Recession and now this.

What a slap in the face

There are many people who aren't pathetic losers who will accept this relief. Your demonizing of those who receive the handout is misplaced.

robayon
08-24-2022, 06:50 PM
10 Pages in a day?

Don't you people work?Not me, no

nostalgiaquest
08-24-2022, 06:51 PM
There are many people who aren't pathetic losers who will accept this relief. Your demonizing of those who receive the handout is misplaced.

That’s a nice way of putting it

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 06:52 PM
That’s a nice way of putting it

Sure is, what's more you would have to be some kind of evil asshole to ever take that away from people in need.

Homesteaded
08-24-2022, 06:53 PM
Sure is, what's more you would have to be some kind of evil asshole to ever take that away from people in need.

So you believe some people need it and some don't? How do you plan on organizing that structure?

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 06:54 PM
Life is relative.

While the tax increase might not bother you while traveling exotic locations around the Globe.

Joe Rogan buys cars like they are candy bars.

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 06:55 PM
So you believe some people need it and some don't? How do you plan on organizing that structure?

Thoughts and Prayers, mostly other peoples labor though.

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 06:56 PM
America, Germany, France, Netherlands, Italy, Japan, etc

You know what all over the world means right?

Sounds like China is stupid place, sir.

Homesteaded
08-24-2022, 06:56 PM
I'm not for this handout, but you being upset at the people receiving it makes no sense.

robayon
08-24-2022, 06:58 PM
Don't hate the player, hate the game

Jibartik
08-24-2022, 07:00 PM
We do it for banks, why not the people? Fuck it cut a check

We dont need to buy firewood, this house is made of wood!

Homesteaded

Correct.

Mblake1981
I'm not for this handout, but you being upset at the people receiving it makes no sense.

Probably overblown on my part unless its more than a one-time thing, but then you know the story about getting your foot in the door with something political don't you? this isn't the colleges doing something like Unsung pointed out, its your money.

If you do it once, you will do it again. Just like a whore. You have to have the good sounding reasons, like not killing grandma due to masks.

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 07:03 PM

Is it optional?

Mblake1981

"It's all silly anyway so why bother."

Jibartik
haha what right do you have to be mad that the goverment is just giving people money to do nothing while the economy collapses and pretty much everything around us has turned to shit!

What right do you have to be mad that we're going with that as the status quo!

Lets not fix student loan preditory behavior, but lets give 10 thousand dollars to a few random people and call it fixed!

This is like hunger games shit.

nostalgiaquest
08-24-2022, 07:04 PM
Sounds like China is stupid place, sir.

Perhaps once, but they’ve made it a priority to fix that, and are doing a good job at it.

Jibartik
08-24-2022, 07:04 PM
"I got the goden ticket! I get to have extra food yay!"

Homesteaded
08-24-2022, 07:05 PM
Judgement is not for us, judgement is for God.

Live it, learn it, love it.

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 07:05 PM
Perhaps once, but they’ve made it a priority to fix that, and are doing a good job at it.

There are over a billion Chinese. You think sending them overseas to learn is a good plan for China's future?

Jibartik
08-24-2022, 07:06 PM

This is extremely naive way of saying, "they've been running beyond their capability for so long that they are collapsing and are planning to start a world war when it becomes a problem they can't cover up anymore."

robayon
If they don't make it an ongoing program they are fools

Kemp gave me $600 and I'm still not gonna vote for him

nostalgiaquest
Life is relative.

While the tax increase might not bother you while traveling exotic locations around the Globe.

Joe Rogan buys cars like they are candy bars.

Sorry I went to college and got a good job. You should try it!

robayon
08-24-2022, 07:07 PM

Live it, learn it, love it.Not sure you have actually learned this, like, at all

Mblake1981

Live it, learn it, love it.

Nah, I like judging. Think I will continue.

Reiwa
Nah, I like judging. Think I will continue.

lol

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 07:08 PM

I didn't tell you to not spend your money on exotic trips.

Jibartik
China sending a few of its best and brightest (party chosen) to good schools, while the rest die in lathe videos on live leak.

Is like 1:1 giving a few random losers 10k of the tax payers money and a sash that says "you're special" to solve the student loan crisis we've been having for 10+ years.

Homesteaded
Not sure you have actually learned this, like, at all

I know it to be true, I struggle with it but I strive to be better about it.

Jibartik
08-24-2022, 07:10 PM
Melinials getting their student loan relief.

https://i.imgur.com/F2G08cT.gif

Elizondo
08-24-2022, 07:19 PM

We're not talking about Food Stamps here dude

Get a grip

Kaveh
08-24-2022, 07:24 PM
10 Pages in a day?

Don't you people work?

Exactly. Elizondo is unemployed but indignant about stupid debt relief

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 07:25 PM
I know it to be true, I struggle with it but I strive to be better about it.

https://i.imgur.com/V2qc96s.gif

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 07:28 PM
Exactly. Elizondo is unemployed but indignant about stupid debt relief

Local man unjustly angered over taxed coins.

More Poverty News At 11

Elizondo
08-24-2022, 07:31 PM

More Poverty News At 11

At a minimum it's a 300B dollar price tag

Robbing The Poor to pay The Rich

Sounds totally fair

Kaveh
08-24-2022, 07:32 PM

More Poverty News At 11

No job no opinion

Kaveh
08-24-2022, 07:48 PM

Working remotely is great, isn’t it? You’re doing it better than me though. I’m staying in alaska for winter and I think that’s probably a mistake

Kaveh
08-24-2022, 07:54 PM

At what point do we balance being invaded for our nice things vs. being safe to have nice things and a society, to make long term plans for investments and marriage, children.

As you can see by current events, other nations are not afraid to role tanks through and kill everyone. American is accused of this and its used a guilt to have less spending on it. I think they are assholes looking for an edge and are butt-blasted like a P99 raider guild is when they can't get their pixels.

Are we physically fit enough to resist invasion? If being prepared for invasion is a National priority, I’m in favor of banning obesity and type II diabetes

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 07:56 PM
Are we physically fit enough to resist invasion? If being prepared for invasion is a National priority, I’m in favor of banning obesity and type II diabetes

They got their pixels.

Kaveh
08-24-2022, 07:58 PM
Like it or not mblake, there’s a real scenario where Hungryman, Rogaine kaladim, and Adobeheart are some of the few able to resist an occupier

It’s a good point and should be a National priority even if only to reduce our healthcare spending

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 07:59 PM
Nah.

Feel free to join a gym and roll around with dudes though.

Kaveh
08-24-2022, 08:00 PM
You don’t like people who go to the gym? Do you like anyone?

Mblake1981
08-24-2022, 08:02 PM
You don’t like people who go to the gym? Do you like anyone?

Your money, your time.

Kaveh
08-24-2022, 08:08 PM
I have too much of both

I’ll probably go check out Iceland after seeing Nostalgia’s pic’s. Hawaii is next though. Possibly new zealand

robayon
08-24-2022, 08:10 PM
I know it to be true, I struggle with it but I strive to be better about it.Fair enough, me too

Elizondo
08-24-2022, 10:49 PM
https://africa.businessinsider.com/news/fafsa-down-the-federal-student-aid-website-crashes-after-getting-swamped-following/575pwrq

'FAFSA down': The Federal Student Aid website crashes after getting swamped following Biden's loan forgiveness decision

Thousands of borrowers flocked to the FSA website to check their loan balances, reports say.Twitter users share their error messages and memes with FAFSA's official account.

Student loan borrowers reported frustrating error messages Wednesday as they tried to log in to the Federal Student Aid (FSA) website following President Biden's decision to forgive up to $20,000 per student.

Reiwa
08-24-2022, 11:45 PM
https://africa.businessinsider.com/news/fafsa-down-the-federal-student-aid-website-crashes-after-getting-swamped-following/575pwrq

Why is it say Africa?

Elizondo
08-25-2022, 12:42 AM
Why is it say Africa?

FTQbiNvZqaY

Botten
08-25-2022, 01:13 AM
Republicans Are Melting Down Over Biden Making Life Easier for Millions of Americans (https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/biden-announces-student-loan-relief-1234580848/)

Inspiring to the next wave of Democrats. Go Dark Brandon!

Republicans crying cause they’d rather fleece veteran health and end social security in a bid to give out another hand out to the Rich.

Am I right Karenzondo? How upset are you over this all? Like you want to talk to Brandon’s manager angry? LoL Good!

Elizondo
08-25-2022, 01:23 AM
Republicans Are Melting Down Over Biden Making Life Easier for Millions of Americans (https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/biden-announces-student-loan-relief-1234580848/)

Inspiring to the next wave of Democrats. Go Dark Brandon!

Republicans crying cause they’d rather fleece veteran health and end social security in a bid to give out another hand out to the Rich.

Am I right Karenzondo? How upset are you over this all? Like you want to talk to Brandon’s manager angry? LoL Good!

Rolling Stone lol

Poor people bailing out families making 250K a year. That's what you call a hand out to The Rich. Robbing The Poor to subsidize The Rich. Another Botten Fail. Typical.

This was called years ago. Satire becomes Dim policy.

Homesteaded
08-25-2022, 01:31 AM
Fair enough, me too

/nod

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 01:38 AM
https://i.imgur.com/fmWMv1Z.png

nostalgiaquest
08-25-2022, 03:49 AM
Working remotely is great, isn’t it? You’re doing it better than me though. I’m staying in alaska for winter and I think that’s probably a mistake

I don’t even need to work remotely. I get 35 days of paid holiday a year. Minimum amount of PTO allowed in the Netherlands is 25 days. Not counting sick days. My contract even states that it’s mandatory that I take at least two weeks off a year.

Damn socialist Europe!

Botten
08-25-2022, 10:35 AM
Rolling Stone lol

Poor people bailing out families making 250K a year. That's what you call a hand out to The Rich. Robbing The Poor to subsidize The Rich. Another Botten Fail. Typical.

This was called years ago. Satire becomes Dim policy.

Good get angry from the misinformation your fakenews echo chambers feeding you.

Biden announced student loan relief for borrowers making less than $125,000
Emphasizing 90% of the eligible beneficiaries make under $75,000

This isn’t robbing the rich and giving to the poor but rather the other way around.

God you are so brainwashed it isn’t even funny.

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 10:48 AM
Good get angry from the misinformation your fakenews echo chambers feeding you.

Biden announced student loan relief for borrowers making less than $125,000
Emphasizing 90% of the eligible beneficiaries make under $75,000

This isn’t robbing the rich and giving to the poor but rather the other way around.

They will go on to enter better paying jobs and live a higher quality of life, with the money they save they can afford to put a down payment on a house, clothes, cars and further stimulate the economy.

I had better get in college fast, everything else is literally for losers (dumb Americans but their tax dollars are nice)

Barik
08-25-2022, 11:05 AM
I'm just going to leave this here for a little humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqeuS43-69E

Reiwa
08-25-2022, 11:06 AM

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 11:16 AM
I'm just going to leave this here for a little humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqeuS43-69E

Watched it earlier, good rant, good performance. Hes right but wrong, hes literally the same guy preaching hellfire and darkness back in the 1980s that I grew up with.

No one ever, I mean ever, said it would be funny. Hell no. They did a little alteration to the doom recipe. Now America will laugh itself to death instead of having nuclear bombs fall on it or some other self-fulfilling prophecy to occupy those with too much time and money on their hands.

Jibartik
08-25-2022, 11:18 AM
I love that rant its the full blown lucifarianism that got us to where we are today.

He blames today, for all the actions that led to it lol

"just enjoy it"

bro we cant because nobody enjoys blood money not even scarface.

People are agitated because of the way we made money, it isnt/wasnt sustainable and it put too many people under too few peoples thumbs.

when the money is made of blood whoever spends it is going to be shedding blood.

Nobody gets it, they think rich people are happy.

you think that because you're poor.

Poor people are happy but uncomfortable.

Rich people are comfortable but unhappy.

But poor people are agitated because they shed blood to make rich people comfortable.

So now this rich fat guy cant enjoy his blood money and flat blood screen tvs and he's bummed.

Satan always wins that game, every time.

Homesteaded
08-25-2022, 11:22 AM
Poor people are happy? Come on man...

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 11:24 AM
When jib begins doom-posting, I think about The Tick shouting SpOooOoN but its DoOOoOOm!

4iGSAFjzBd8

Jibartik
08-25-2022, 11:25 AM
Poor people are happy? Come on man...

It's true.

You ever seen a rich guy driving a dirtbike?

They are having a miserable time yelling at all the poor people for having too much fun on their dirtbikes.

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 11:26 AM
It's true.

You ever seen a rich guy driving a dirtbike?

Define rich first.

You mean like a Jeff Bezos? how happy will he be eating a pine tree at 38-40mph?

Jibartik
08-25-2022, 11:28 AM
Its hard to define, like trying to explain what cool is.

You just know.

You can have no money and still be rich in the USA.

robayon
08-25-2022, 11:31 AM
I love that rant its the full blown lucifarianism that got us to where we are today.

Satan always wins that game, every time.CbuylJ_OsIA

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 11:32 AM
Its hard to define, like trying to explain what cool is.

You just know.

Fine, it can be vague. Again though, how happy would he be giving a 250cc or larger two-stroke some whiskey-throttle and being tossed like a silly man, hes not a young man anymore so it might cause a lasting injury that will need surgeries and rehabilitation.

He can probably just snort cocaine for the thrill instead.

Jibartik
08-25-2022, 11:45 AM
CbuylJ_OsIA

Shes right tho :D

if he bought the oranges with dollars it's satanism.

Jibartik
08-25-2022, 11:46 AM
Fine, it can be vague. Again though, how happy would he be giving a 250cc or larger two-stroke some whiskey-throttle and being tossed like a silly man, hes not a young man anymore so it might cause a lasting injury that will need surgeries and rehabilitation.

He can probably just snort cocaine for the thrill instead.

If you can dip into his mind, youd be able to tell if he was worried about injury or trying to be the image of the beast he thinks is alpha.

That's why its hard to define, takes mind dipping.

Like when 2 guys walk up to a bouncer at a club, he has to mind dip into them if he'll let them in or not.

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 12:11 PM
Not everyone got to experience early spring morning the sun is just coming out, fog is still out, you are way back in the woods, the smell of dew + pine rosen + raw earth + hot oily metal + two-stroke smoke.

It's part of you, its not about an image.

booter
08-25-2022, 12:12 PM
bailing out actual american people is better than bailing out failing corporations

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 12:16 PM
Shes right tho :D

if he bought the oranges with dollars it's satanism.

I like having a lot of money and telling other people that its evil to do. The cancer really tears them up inside, lol. #GlobalismFTW

Jibartik
08-25-2022, 12:16 PM
bailing out actual american people is better than bailing out failing corporations

That's like saying because those guys do heroin, you should do heroin.

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 12:20 PM

Sure, we can also house these students off-campus in some mobile homes while they are in school. I am not sure what Ukraine is spending on their students.

MrSparkle001
08-25-2022, 12:30 PM
Breaking News: Colleges across America increasing tuition by $10k.

This loan forgiveness is meant purely to please current voters with the midterms coming up. It neither addresses nor corrects the actual problem.

Reiwa
08-25-2022, 12:31 PM

Explain why.

booter
08-25-2022, 12:34 PM
im not a farmer but i didnt get mad when the govt bailed them out

im not a business owner but i didnt get mad at people getting PPP loans that they dont have to pay back

i didnt get a stimulus check but i didnt get mad at those that did

i paid off my student loans over a decade ago and i still dont care

y'all just need to be mad at anything to get through your day

getting 10s of millions of regular americans out of debt is most likely going to have positive effects on spending/the economy

robayon
08-25-2022, 12:34 PM
This loan forgiveness is meant purely to please current voters with the midterms coming up. It neither addresses nor corrects the actual problem.Careful. You say stuff this at the correct time and people will start calling you a pinko commie.

Solving the real problem is not going to come from elected US officials. Trees don't vote for a drought.

robayon
08-25-2022, 12:35 PM
Explain why.People deserve help and corporations do not

People rarely get direct help and corporations frequently do

Reiwa
08-25-2022, 12:36 PM
getting 10s of millions of regular americans out of debt is most likely going to have positive effects on spending/the economy

Explain why you think that.

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 12:38 PM
Those kids will have cash saved in their pockets, they can buy homes, cars, clothes, go out to eat, buy more toys for their kids, afford better upkeep on their property, afford trips and a multitude of other things.

robayon
08-25-2022, 12:40 PM
Just so we're all clear, that's also the argument for raising the federal minimum wage

(Which should be at least $15 per hour)

Reiwa
08-25-2022, 12:43 PM
i think i will go scream instead nm.

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 12:45 PM
i think i will go scream instead nm.

I just feel bad for having things when others don't. These kids are at least trying to be better Americans, which I can't say is true for others.

Jibartik
08-25-2022, 12:57 PM
whats the plan moving forward after we bail out the student loans, a new system?

Surely we will not continue the one that is causing people to need bailouts, right?

Right?

https://i.imgur.com/vQwyPFI.png

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 01:05 PM
whats the plan moving forward after we bail out the student loans, a new system?

Surely we will not continue the one that is causing people to need bailouts, right?

Right?

The current system will be helping some students with $10K+ in assistance, why would you change that when it would only hurt those in need?

Jibartik
08-25-2022, 01:10 PM
Notice the folks with education dont realize they are not diverting the train, but throwing 10k on a couple of the corpses.

https://i.imgur.com/rAFouPg.png

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 01:17 PM
Notice the folks with education dont realize they are not diverting the train, but throwing 10k on a couple of the corpses.

I think you are being a glass half full guy right now, if you will look at the data showing how this will improve the economy and truly give help to those in need, well I think you will change your mind .. and you might even feel better about yourself once you do.

Jibartik
08-25-2022, 01:21 PM
So what is the plan moving forward, 10k off college for people that dont get high paying jobs?

unsunghero
08-25-2022, 01:23 PM
“Typically, welding school tuition fees start at roughly $5,000 for courses lasting from 3–7 months”

“Welder. National average salary: $38,023“

Yea college classes are fairly priced, fairly paced not wasting large chunks of one’s time, and also not filled with fluff bullshit useless required electives

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 01:25 PM
So what is the plan moving forward, 10k off college for people that dont get high paying jobs?

That would help them, they won't make the 10k in the work force so this allows them to save cash for a downpayment on a new house, a car, some clothes, eating out, doctor visits, quality of life improvements.

Kaveh
08-25-2022, 01:30 PM
“Typically, welding school tuition fees start at roughly $5,000 for courses lasting from 3–7 months”

“Welder. National average salary: $38,023“

Yea college classes are fairly priced, fairly paced not wasting large chunks of one’s time, and also not filled with fluff bullshit useless required electives

Air traffic controller

Reiwa
08-25-2022, 02:02 PM

https://i.imgur.com/2AMdSrR.jpg

Troxx
08-25-2022, 02:11 PM
Sweet I just got 10k of my remaining medical school debt erased!

Homesteaded
08-25-2022, 02:12 PM
Welders make a hell of a lot more than 38k

unsunghero
08-25-2022, 02:20 PM
Welders make a hell of a lot more than 38k

Yea that seemed low. I’ve heard welders can make a lot, my dad wanted me to get into it as a side hustle

Troxx
08-25-2022, 02:26 PM

Right?

System needs an overhaul for sure. I never understood why federal student loans carried any interest while being actively paid off … or why you have to pay off the interest before you can make extra payments on the principle.

I think I had about 70k in med school debt after other scholarship opportunities are factored in. Funnily after 10 years of paying on that initial 70k debt (no job/income possible during four years of school and could not afford anything 3 years on a medical resident doctor in training while interest compounded) now to the tune of 110k paid … I still have 30k left in debt. Thankfully my career choice and educational trajectory left me with a job that could handle that payment while otherwise having a good standard of living.

When governmentments invest in the education of their citizens it increases the GDP and the taxable income of its receiving citizens a lot more than the original investment. The government isn’t accumulating debt … it is making wise investments in its future monetarily.

I can’t remember where in the US but it was a county in a red state that tax-funded community college tuition (not even loans) for local residents. The net outcome over time was a greater revenue gain than the initial investment by a factor of 2-3:1. It stimulated the economy, created education jobs, and increased the net income for the broader population.

Why the US at large hasn’t figured this out yet is beyond me.

Reiwa
08-25-2022, 02:37 PM
System needs an overhaul for sure. I never understood why federal student loans carried any interest while being actively paid off … or why you have to pay off the interest before you can make extra payments on the principle.

I think I had about 70k in med school debt after other scholarship opportunities are factored in. Funnily after 10 years of paying on that initial 70k debt (no job/income possible during four years of school and could not afford anything 3 years on a medical resident doctor in training while interest compounded) now to the tune of 110k paid … I still have 30k left in debt. Thankfully my career choice and educational trajectory left me with a job that could handle that payment while otherwise having a good standard of living.

When governmentments invest in the education of their citizens it increases the GDP and the taxable income of its receiving citizens a lot more than the original investment. The government isn’t accumulating debt … it is making wise investments in its future monetarily.

I can’t remember where in the US but it was a county in a red state that tax-funded community college tuition (not even loans) for local residents. The net outcome over time was a greater revenue gain than the initial investment by a factor of 2-3:1. It stimulated the economy, created education jobs, and increased the net income for the broader population.

Because growth. $1 today is worth more than $1 tomorrow.

Danth
08-25-2022, 02:40 PM
Yea that seemed low.

It's not, probably is representative of the actual national average. Recently came out for example UP is paying its thermite welders on order of ~$31/hr, this coming out because RR workers are on the verge of striking and the government's trying to prevent it so there's federal involvement between the respective parties. Factoring in layoff time, etc, some of those guys aren't making all that much. Consistent hours, proper pay on-time, overtime, etc, yeah they'll make a lot more than $40K. Same thing as the gender gap, what's present in practice can usually be explained away for reasons that do hold up upon scrutiny.

unsunghero
08-25-2022, 03:08 PM
It's not, probably is representative of the actual national average. Recently came out for example UP is paying its thermite welders on order of ~$31/hr, this coming out because RR workers are on the verge of striking and the government's trying to prevent it so there's federal involvement between the respective parties. Factoring in layoff time, etc, some of those guys aren't making all that much. Consistent hours, proper pay on-time, overtime, etc, yeah they'll make a lot more than $40K. Same thing as the gender gap, what's present in practice can usually be explained away for reasons that do hold up upon scrutiny.

I’ve heard differences in gender pay can also be due to men being more likely to aggressively negotiate their salary whereas women tend to be more passive accepting the initial salary offered

GinnasP99
08-25-2022, 03:12 PM
Men and women are not the same, more at 11.

robayon
08-25-2022, 03:18 PM
I’ve heard differences in gender pay can also be due to men being more likely to aggressively negotiate their salary whereas women tend to be more passive accepting the initial salary offeredI've heard differences in gender pay are due to alignment of the planets and astrological signs, so I sacrificed a goat to placate my female coworkers at the Amazon warehouse

Reiwa
08-25-2022, 03:24 PM
I've heard differences in gender pay are due to alignment of the planets and astrological signs, so I sacrificed a goat to placate my female coworkers at the Amazon warehouse

To what do you credit women's-soccer players being paid less than men's-soccer players?

unsunghero
08-25-2022, 03:25 PM
I've heard differences in gender pay are due to alignment of the planets and astrological signs, so I sacrificed a goat to placate my female coworkers at the Amazon warehouse

Took 2 seconds on Google

Thanks for playing though! Come back anytime

“Over the past two decades, laboratory and survey evidence has suggested that men are significantly more likely to engage in salary negotiations than women”

https://gap.hks.harvard.edu/do-women-avoid-salary-negotiations-evidence-large-scale-natural-field-experiment

robayon
08-25-2022, 03:33 PM
To what do you credit women's-soccer players being paid less than men's-soccer players?The thing I always credit when it comes to wage labor: capitalism :p

(in that the world's largest oppressed pan-cultural minority has always been women and the oldest still active battlefield in the ongoing class war)

Flyover take section: less asses in seats at the games, less people paying for the streams. I wonder if the people who sell concessions and work security make the same amount in a men's game versus a women's. That's probably based on the venue or some other entity other than the league. Women's soccer has won more championship things than men's internationally for the USA teams, that's probably given them leverage.

I wonder if Putin would have dare to snag LeBron James over Brittney Griner, if he was the one who had to travel internationally to make ends meet

Reiwa
08-25-2022, 03:37 PM
The thing I always credit when it comes to wage labor: capitalism :p

(in that the world's largest oppressed pan-cultural minority has always been women and the oldest still active battlefield in the ongoing class war)

Flyover take section: less asses in seats at the games, less people paying for the streams. I wonder if the people who sell concessions and work security make the same amount in a men's game versus a women's. That's probably based on the venue or some other entity other than the league. Women's soccer has won more championship things than men's internationally for the USA teams, that's probably given them leverage.

I wonder if Putin would have dare to snag LeBron James over Brittney Griner, if he was the one who had to travel internationally to make ends meet

I think you get it. Producing less revenue means there's less money to pay yourself with.

Also it's very common to play in Europe if you're very young or very bad. Not so much in the middle.

robayon
08-25-2022, 03:39 PM
Took 2 seconds on Google

Thanks for playing though! Come back anytime

“Over the past two decades, laboratory and survey evidence has suggested that men are significantly more likely to engage in salary negotiations than women”

https://gap.hks.harvard.edu/do-women-avoid-salary-negotiations-evidence-large-scale-natural-field-experimentGreat! I'm just yanking your chain. I hate negotiating wages. I also hate traditional gender roles. Coincidence? Doubt it!

I really wish that study would differentiate between hourly wages and salaries. It mentions that when the job posting said negotiable men and women were largely equally likely to actually negotiate

Me, I won't even apply to a job if it doesn't list the pay in advance. The negotiation part comes when I get the interview, or get / think I should get a raise.

Homesteaded
08-25-2022, 03:42 PM
Traditional Gender roles aren't debatable. Men and women are different and enjoy different things. Men and women are also more alike than they are different. Hope this helps.

unsunghero
08-25-2022, 03:45 PM
Traditional Gender roles aren't debatable. Men and women are different and enjoy different things. Men and women are also more alike than they are different. Hope this helps.

I definitely like that my field AND education are both still 80%+ women, especially when I’m talking to cute school counselors and teachers all day. What’s funny is there has never been a push that social sciences are too women heavy, we need to get more men in social services

Diversity means less men more women, not the other way around, ever

robayon
08-25-2022, 03:51 PM
Traditional Gender roles aren't debatable. Men and women are different and enjoy different things. Men and women are also more alike than they are different. Hope this helps.Nowhere have I said "men and women are completely the same and that is why I do not like gender roles"

But a hypothetical daughter tells you she wants to be a Software Developer - or a Garbage Collector - or a Soldier - you gonna tell her she shouldn't because those jobs were historically mostly occupied by men?

That's the kind of stuff I mean. I do all of the cooking in my house. My wife can't boil a pot of water. She also earns like three times what I do. But yes, if she needs a heavy object moved from one spot to another, she gets me to do it

Homesteaded
08-25-2022, 04:02 PM
If interests are not the same, why do we think pay should be the same?

Jibartik
08-25-2022, 04:03 PM
But a hypothetical daughter tells you she wants to be a Software Developer - or a Garbage Collector - or a Soldier - you gonna tell her she shouldn't because those jobs were historically mostly occupied by men?

I think the problems with federal goverment is, I have never even met someone that would do that let alone think it's an issue that ever happens.

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 04:03 PM
That's the kind of stuff I mean. I do all of the cooking in my house. My wife can't boil a pot of water. She also earns like three times what I do. But yes, if she needs a heavy object moved from one spot to another, she gets me to do it

Painting a picture here.

Jibartik
08-25-2022, 04:04 PM
Painting a picture here.

My kind of fella.

c6si8Xp8P-M

robayon
08-25-2022, 04:05 PM
Painting a picture here.Good, stare at it all day, I'm the one with the blue collar job and enormous schlong

robayon
08-25-2022, 04:06 PM
If interests are not the same, why do we think pay should be the same?Turn this around. Why should two people with otherwise identical resumes who are hired for an identical job receive different pay for the job?

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 04:06 PM
Good, stare at it all day, I'm the one with the blue collar job and enormous schlong

Touchy that your wife wears the pants.

Jibartik
08-25-2022, 04:08 PM
Turn this around. Why should two people with otherwise identical resumes who are hired for an identical job receive different pay for the job?

Because one asks for more.

Take any two candidates, and that's the way it be, full stop. Nothing else is involved.

Homesteaded
08-25-2022, 04:09 PM

This would just be terrible parenting. Your role as a parent is to help your kids find their passions. We have two daughters and if they told me they wanted to pursue one of those careers I would lay out pros and cons and help them understand what each role would mean.

One thing I have witnessed is my wife, who is a stay at home mother, is that working women are very jealous. They look down on her while also being very envious that she can do that. We've subverted what most women are naturally gifted in, child raising and told them that in order to be successful they have to do what men do.

robayon
08-25-2022, 04:09 PM
Touchy that your wife wears the pants.If I was touchy about it, why would I mention it here amongst the people I perceive as very wrong, with whom I argue with all day when I'm bored?

Homesteaded
08-25-2022, 04:10 PM
Turn this around. Why should two people with otherwise identical resumes who are hired for an identical job receive different pay for the job?

This doesn't happen. It doesn't happen because there aren't two identical people like this. If this did happen, why wouldn't the company then hire the one who takes lower pay?

Jibartik
08-25-2022, 04:14 PM
If I was touchy about it, why would I mention it here amongst the people I perceive as very wrong, with whom I argue with all day when I'm bored?

to get it out of yoursystem without mrs bossy pants finding out? :D

robayon
08-25-2022, 04:15 PM
This doesn't happen. It doesn't happen because there aren't two identical people like this. If this did happen, why wouldn't the company then hire the one who takes lower pay?It's a hypothetical. And apparently, women largely disagree and would say that this very thing happens all the time.

But you're saying the gender pay gap is a myth, right? So how would you tell women, on the whole, that they're wrong about it?

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 04:18 PM
If I was touchy about it, why would I mention it here amongst the people I perceive as very wrong, with whom I argue with all day when I'm bored?

Bro.. I get that nothing matters and its all silly but no one bent your arm back to admit that.

robayon
08-25-2022, 04:20 PM
to get it out of yoursystem without mrs bossy pants finding out? :DShe thinks I waste time talking to any of you at all about anything, but she's perfectly aware of our personal pay gap. She told me not to go back to work, she likes me taking care of her through this crap. Who doesn't like having a personal assistant / cook?

It's like a appetizer for being elderly and retired!

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 04:22 PM
She thinks I waste time talking to any of you at all about anything, but she's perfectly aware of our personal pay gap. She told me not to go back to work, she likes me taking care of her through this crap. Who doesn't like having a personal assistant / cook?

It's like a appetizer for being elderly and retired!

She gives you advice
Aware of her larger paycheck
She wanted you to be the wife
She likes you tending her

robayon
08-25-2022, 04:23 PM
Bro.. I get that nothing matters and its all silly but no one bent your arm back to admit that.No, I volunteered it. I did so previously some months ago. It is no secret

robayon
08-25-2022, 04:26 PM
She gives you advice
Aware of her larger paycheck
She wanted you to be the wife
She likes you tending herYeah, none of that bothers me except for the "be the wife" part because it implies that wives are empathetic and caring, and husbands are logical and pragmatic, and that the two roles are exclusive of these characteristics

When both can be all of these things

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 04:27 PM
I get that nothing matters and its all silly.

robayon
08-25-2022, 04:28 PM
A husband that cares about his wife? BLACK PILL!!

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 04:31 PM
A husband that cares about his wife? BLACK PILL!!

Yeah, you ever share stories like this off the internet?

robayon
08-25-2022, 04:31 PM
Let's try this a different way

Fellas here with gf/wife: if she got a job offer where she was gonna make more than you, how would you react?

Assume you don't have to move or anything. Nothing otherwise changes about your daily life.

Yeah, you ever share stories like this off the internet?Yes, frequently

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 04:33 PM
Assume you don't have to move or anything. Nothing otherwise changes about your daily life.

Not at first.

robayon
08-25-2022, 04:34 PM
Not at first.So what's the reaction, then?

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 04:35 PM
So what's the reaction, then?

Your wife wears the pants.

Bread winner

robayon
08-25-2022, 04:36 PM
Your wife wears the pants.

Bread winnerSo what? Anyone care to tell me what is inherently wrong with this?

You gonna dump your lady if she makes more than you?

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 04:39 PM
So what? Anyone care to tell me what is inherently wrong with this?

You gonna dump your lady if she makes more than you?

You are confident in your manhood then, no one can keep a kitchen more spotless.

robayon
08-25-2022, 04:41 PM
You are confident in your manhood then, no one can keep a kitchen more spotless.My kitchen is indeed immaculate, and I advise all young males to learn to cook a few things because it will get you laid someday.

Still waiting on that explanation, or you can keep posturing/flamingoing if you want

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 04:42 PM
Feel proud that you are supporting your wife to be the best she can be. Don't let us internet posters ruin it just because some of us don't respect you for it.

robayon
08-25-2022, 04:48 PM
Roger.

So, fellas: would you leave your girl if she suddenly made more than you?

Danth
08-25-2022, 05:04 PM
Roger.

When my wife and I were younger she made more than I did for awhile because she picked one line of work (nursing) and stuck with it while I changed paths several times. Didn't care. Later on I made more than she did. Still didn't care. Now she's sick and can't work at all and can't do a ton around the house either, I care that she's sick but still don't care about the money side of it.

I know some men who care as well as some women who care. I also know a few dudes who marvel I stay with my "useless" (not my word) wife when I could divorce her, dump the "deadweight" and shack up with some healthy woman a decade younger. I don't understand them at all, and they don't seem to understand why their suggestion makes me angry.

Think we're a little off topic for degrees and student debt. The wife and I managed to both stay out of student debt. That was part of the reason she took off faster than I did out the gate--never wanted to go deeply into debt so I took longer getting going, especially after hamgstringing myself by changing fields a couple times.

Danth

Toxigen
08-25-2022, 05:48 PM
https://i.imgur.com/GbHjbQS.jpg

anyone that actually thinks this vote-buying ploy is an actual good idea should be sterilized

Homesteaded
08-25-2022, 05:50 PM
It's a hypothetical. And apparently, women largely disagree and would say that this very thing happens all the time.

But you're saying the gender pay gap is a myth, right? So how would you tell women, on the whole, that they're wrong about it?

The pay gap has been proven time and time again to be about hours worked and field of work. Women tend to take up jobs where the pay is less. They tend to work less hours due to the following. If you're a woman and you have kids, you will work less and you will lose out on advancement simply due to missing work.

Homesteaded
08-25-2022, 05:52 PM
Roger.

Once my son(3) is in school I think it would be great. Not about to send my kids to some preschool/daycare with a minimum wage teacher who doesn't love my kids.

Patrece
08-25-2022, 06:35 PM
Degrees so valuable they can't pay for themselves

unsunghero
08-25-2022, 06:55 PM
Degrees so valuable they can't pay for themselves

Lol good one

Jibartik
08-25-2022, 07:21 PM
I wonder how many kids got aids because they were tricked into going to Arizona state by the corrupt student loan business.

Kaveh
08-25-2022, 07:24 PM

But as these guys are saying, instead of cost cutting, universities add a rock climbing wall and Jack up the price $10,000 because of subsidies, grants, and loans, and siphon all the profits to administrators even as they no longer tenure professors and instead hire adjuncts who dont make shit (driving educational quality down)

It isn’t about the investment, it’s about where that investment is going. Government has been driving a large portion of the rise in tuition costs due to policies like this one

Rethalis
08-25-2022, 08:03 PM
https://i.imgur.com/GbHjbQS.jpg

anyone that actually thinks this vote-buying ploy is an actual good idea should be sterilized

dems see the writing on the wall, loosing the latino vote more and more, black vote soon to leave more and more. A new victim is needed to save the day.

Troxx
08-25-2022, 09:33 PM
But as these guys are saying, instead of cost cutting, universities add a rock climbing wall and Jack up the price $10,000 because of subsidies, grants, and loans, and siphon all the profits to administrators even as they no longer tenure professors and instead hire adjuncts who dont make shit (driving educational quality down)

It isn’t about the investment, it’s about where that investment is going. Government has been driving a large portion of the rise in tuition costs due to policies like this one

University costs are exorbitant and needlessly inflated

But if the federal govt is backing loans I don’t see why they shouldn’t provide it at 0% interest at least for tax paying citizens. For those of us that start paying after we land jobs.

As I pointed out I’ve already payed over 110k ok a 70k loan but still owe 30k? Fuck the taxpayer I have already paid off my debt +40k and still owe nearly as much.

Thankfully my wife is a teacher earning pennies on the dollar so we fall just below the 250k threshold. So my debt is now 20k not 30k. Tax payers have already got a lot more out of me than invested.

Federal student loans should not aim to make money.

It’s an investment in our communal future. Make it 0% interest. We all profit when people make their lives better (hi to you income tax!)

Botten
08-25-2022, 09:34 PM
dems see the writing on the wall, loosing the latino vote more and more, black vote soon to leave more and more. A new victim is needed to save the day.

Democrats don't have the white vote
Democrats don't have the latino vote
Democrats don't have the black vote

Democrats keep winning the popular vote by a larger and larger margin.
2016 - 2.8 Million and 2020 - 7 million

If winning bigger and bigger is losing votes then republicans must be more uneducated than Trump originally thought.

Troxx
08-25-2022, 09:42 PM
This forum is really … really far separated from the the US electorate. Bunch of angsty white men involuntarily celibate.

I was a republican … no longer. The right went so far right it is obscene.

#middleLeft

Mblake1981
08-25-2022, 09:46 PM
Federal student loans should not aim to make money.

til

Federal student loans were first offered in 1958 under the National Defense Education Act (NDEA). They were available only to select categories of students, such as those studying engineering, science, or education. The program was established in response to the Soviet Union's launch of the Sputnik satellite.