wood elf druid

halfling warrior
ogre evil warrior

high elf caster paladin good only
erudibe shadow knight caster only evil only

human ranger good only
half elf ranger good only )
classes, i was recommended starting off with as a beginner

halfling druid is a great idea. youre welcome in groups, you can solo, and make money by teleporting people level 29 and onward.

Crede
08-16-2022, 08:23 PM
Human druid.

Tunare gloves and robequest.

PatChapp
08-27-2022, 09:26 AM
Human druid for eyepatch quest

Toxigen
08-27-2022, 11:47 AM
Human druid.

Tunare gloves and robequest.

this

Gustoo
08-28-2022, 01:42 AM
I reccomend whichever class you think is coolest.

Caster can do the most with the game. Once you get into the 30's with the druid the game opens up to you in a big way. High recommend.

Other top pick is a necromancer. I'd go iksar but if its your first run around you might wanna choose a more nostalgic starting area for yourself, though leveling in kunark is really fun and different too.

Depends if you wanna be welcome in the goodie cities or not.

Trungep99
08-28-2022, 11:18 PM
I always choose evil in this game because it makes the game more interesting with factions and hidden areas of towns hiding their guilds

Tethler
08-30-2022, 03:56 AM
From that list, druid is a good one to get your feet wet (human druid for endgame fashion, or halfling for the xp bonus to level faster). If you want to end up switching later, you can still use the druid to sell ports to buy gear for your other characters.

sideshow
08-30-2022, 06:15 AM
Halfling Druid (rock the creeper stash). Great starting class for a new player to EQ. Rivervale is a great starting city as well. You could go Wood Elf fashion quest but I thing its over rated. Greater fay is also a great starting area though. Druids can do a bit of everything which will help you learn the play style of other more specialized classes. Once leveled it' is easy to make plat to finance other characters.

Encroaching Death
09-09-2022, 09:50 AM
The game HEAVILY favors casters over melee, but don't let that keep you from creating what you want. My first character to 60 was a Rogue.

Now I'm leveling a Necro and I make more money with him in one hour than my Rogue could make in several weeks.

Druid is a great first class. They have a variety of play styles, which will allow you discover what you enjoy doing in the game. Then you can maybe move onto a character who specializes in that style of play if you want.

Druids also get ports in their mid levels, allowing you to make a decent amount of cash.

I'd avoid making a class that can't really solo. My main was a Rogue and they are, by far, the worst soloers. So if I wanted to play and there were no spots open for me in the available groups - I pretty much had to log off.

eqravenprince
09-09-2022, 04:41 PM
Half Elf that worships Inny