PDA

View Full Version : Next new server?

Gustoo
08-15-2022, 02:44 AM
Hey guys I was just swinging by the forums again wondering if anyone heard about a new server?

For a while I’ve been thinking it would be a pvp server since it’s been such a long time.

Has anyone had any news?

Thanks in advanced!

Arvan
08-15-2022, 10:44 AM
Pvp server already exists no one plays it

Gustoo
08-15-2022, 01:22 PM
Hey thanks I’m not inquiring about the old blue server or the old red server or the aging green server I’m talking about the foretold new red and new blue servers in the future.

Really interested in some info about those.

Jimjam
08-15-2022, 01:43 PM
Ain't nothing like that new server smell!

Nuggie
08-15-2022, 10:14 PM
Hey thanks I’m not inquiring about the old blue server or the old red server or the aging green server I’m talking about the foretold new red and new blue servers in the future.

There's been no new info on this since green launch as far as I know.

magnetaress
08-15-2022, 10:22 PM
red 2

Ripqozko
08-15-2022, 10:43 PM
red 2

No one plays red 1

Swish
08-16-2022, 09:13 AM
Ain't nothing like that new server smell!

"still got the factory sticker on it" 👌

Fammaden
08-16-2022, 01:15 PM
Move thread to red forums and lock OP to only being able to post there.

Jibartik
08-16-2022, 01:22 PM
"still got the factory sticker on it" 👌

https://i.imgur.com/vcrxB55.png

:p

Gustoo
08-17-2022, 04:58 PM
There's been no new info on this since green launch as far as I know.

Thanks. Always worth checking, gotta broaden the net ya know

loramin
08-17-2022, 05:16 PM
What I'd like to see, personally, is a bunch of real PvP lovers starting characters on Green, flagging them for PvP, and then actually fighting with each other.

If that happened, everyone on the server would see PvP happening. They might get interested in it, and flag a toon themselves. Ultimately it could catch on, the staff would actually see a demand for PvP, and as a result they'd either implement /guildwar (sort of like adding Red to Green), or maybe even implement a whole new Red.

However, I suspect the reality is that there are very few such folks, and most of them are simply griefers who have no interest in the above.

Gustoo
08-17-2022, 08:39 PM
Yeah there’s no reason to be pvp flagged on a blue server. Good suggestion but it only shows the fact that you need to jump into a fresh red server to understand what it’s like. When folks like yourself and I are on a pvp server we create social rules of our own to govern when pvp happens. Griefers are a thing but the players can choose whether or not bad behavior is acceptable.

Pvp servers aren’t strictly about pvp combat they are about all of the elements of EverQuest that suddenly have value when pvp is enabled. Resist items, expendable potions, far off zones to avoid grief. The entire game opens up.

loramin
08-17-2022, 09:18 PM
My point is, the same five people repeating "where's Red 2.0" doesn't seem to be convincing the staff.

You guys need a "protest" (of sorts) to draw attention to your cause, raise the profile of EQ PvP, and convince the staff that a playable population (ie. not just the same five in the forums) really do want a new PvP server. PvPing on Green would be that "protest".

If I were the staff, I wouldn't want to waste all the time it would take to make Red 2.0 just so the same griefers from Red 1.0 can chase everyone else off it. By showing that you can engage the community, and grow the PvPing population, you could (potentially) convince them.

Gustoo
08-17-2022, 10:50 PM
Interesting take that seems totally baseless.

A pvp server here can be ran and managed however the staff chooses to manage it. A fresh start server is a service to the entire community and a fresh start pvp server offers a unique approach to EverQuest that offers a much more dynamic and organic environment, that as I mentioned before basically doubles the amount of spells you need to be aware of and more than doubles the useful equipment list, and the hunting areas.

Unrest might be the best exp but there is a lot of combat.

The server isn’t for 5 psychos it is for everyone that wants to try a fresh eq in a way that makes the game more dynamic.

Jousting in the tunnel has nothing to do with it.

Jimjam
08-18-2022, 01:05 AM
Honestly, i’d love there to be a pvp community on green. For a while there was a few of us rednaming around Qeynos. It was good fun.

Zuranthium
08-19-2022, 03:33 AM
3-way teams server with gear/buffs that scale based on level and an auto-balancing mechanism for the teams, so no faction would ever become irrelevant or totally take over the game, would be a good starting point. With an exp bonus, small level range for PvP, and Loot and Scoot policy - which can be implemented into the game as a direct flag to make it ironclad, I'd think a lot of PvE'ers could get more interested in a PvP server.

Another idea would be to make dungeons and certain outdoor zones PvP, but leave the others as PvE. Anything to get more people into some kind of PvP and to have a Raid scene that isn't dogshit.

Gustoo
08-19-2022, 04:12 PM
Man, those are all good ideas.

I wish they would try -any- of the ideas for a set timeline like 3 years before merging and resetting to new rules or same rules depending on how well the first one worked.

And open to changing rules mid server cycle if they need fixing.

Jibartik
08-19-2022, 04:30 PM
My point is, the same five people repeating "where's Red 2.0" doesn't seem to be convincing the staff.

One might even be able to say the same thing about enchanter nerfs :o

PVPs biggest problem IMO i that it is optional though, so you end up only a certain type of person doing it, while the rest of the player base flogs themslves like a priest in the da vinchi code doing pve.

The self mutilation an eq player goes through, makes me confident if you forced them to do PVP to raid, they will and they would enjoy it more, because you'd have less of 1 demographic (pcyopath) being flagged for pvp.

loramin
08-19-2022, 04:52 PM
One might even be able to say the same thing about enchanter nerfs :o

Never give up hope of this place getting more classic. I still have faith in Nilbog and his desire to make things here accurate no matter how many people get pissed off, so I eagerly await the day that the channeling fix hits (or anything else to make this place more classic).

Jibartik
08-19-2022, 04:55 PM
Never give up hope of this place getting more classic. I still have faith in Nilbog and his desire to make things here accurate no matter how many people get pissed off, so I eagerly await the day that the channeling fix hits (or anything else to make this place more classic).

No torp! I agree!

hekbringer
08-19-2022, 05:46 PM
Move thread to red forums and lock OP to only being able to post there.

Lol so threatened like battered woman in a battered women's shelter. Why?

cd288
08-19-2022, 11:23 PM

I mean I don’t think anyone would mind channeling being fixed. That’s a well known issue and not one based on arbitrary personal memory

Gustoo
08-24-2022, 06:13 PM
Still no news huh?

Nuggie
08-24-2022, 08:30 PM
Probably check back in january.

Jimjam
08-24-2022, 08:46 PM
I call dibs on the name Flimflam.

Ennewi
08-24-2022, 09:38 PM
I call dibs on the name Flimflam.

If it's already taken by then, there's always Whimwham and Timtam.

Jimjam
08-25-2022, 03:53 AM
If it's already taken by then, there's always Whimwham and Timtam.

Thank you mam.

Trungep99
08-25-2022, 04:36 PM

Blue + red = purple , not green ;)

Worry
08-25-2022, 06:56 PM
Thinking they are working on a Luclin PVP server.

Fammaden
08-26-2022, 01:47 PM
Three and a half years from now the second green server will be coming to an end and there still will not have been a new red.

mirabilis
08-29-2022, 09:09 PM
I'm still holding out on custom content for blue. GM events. Fucked up Luclin and PoP zones. Enable /guildwar.

Loadsamoney
09-01-2022, 01:16 PM
What about a Kunark-only server? P99 Yellow or something?

P99 Green = permanent Classic
P99 Yellow = permanent Kunark
P99 Blue = permanent Velious

Fammaden
09-01-2022, 05:13 PM
Yes, and also a PvP version of all three.

|tda| fatal
09-02-2022, 05:42 PM
isnt the new server supposed to launch in jan 2023?

PlsNoBan
09-02-2022, 06:15 PM

This will never (ever) happen BUT I do think it'd be pretty cool if it did. Especially if they gave the option to 1 way transfer your characters at any time but only forwards. Like if you wanted to start classic only you'd play green. Then if you so choose you could xfer to yellow and do kunark for a bit. You'd have the option to xfer to blue for velious but never backwards to green for classic for obvious reasons. Would be cool to be able to do self paced progression like this.

Unfortunately as we've seen with blue for a long time and green more recently. Mudflation is a problem. When a single server operates in the same era for years (or over a decade) at a time it tends to screw a lot of things up. Not just economically but also in the level spread of the playerbase. Getting groups at low/mid levels becomes increasingly difficult. Entire server gets topheavy which overpopulates the raid scene and causes all kinds of drama there and so on. There needs to be "resets" every so often imo. Which is why the original idea for green being a "recycle" server was so appealing to so many people. I think everyone expected it would move a little faster than it has though. I didn't think we'd go this long with no word whatsoever from staff on what the plan/timeline is. Rogean dropped a vague "maybe we'll leave green up and start another new server idk" statement then the entire staff went radio silent on the subject and continues to do so.

Gustoo
09-03-2022, 10:18 PM
Yeah it would be pretty ideal to have 3 era locked servers with one way transfer option.

With “legacy” item fixes across the board sorry we don’t care about eq 401k

Wtb red server

Castle2.0
09-03-2022, 10:42 PM
They won't announce til it's much closer or make an announcement at all.

Sorry folks, no arranging PTO for this one, huehuehue

magnetaress
09-04-2022, 09:03 AM
Red2.0

Loadsamoney
09-04-2022, 04:35 PM
They won't announce til it's much closer or make an announcement at all.

Sorry folks, no arranging PTO for this one, huehuehue

I'm banking my PTO until Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, or Metroid Prime comes to the Switch.

Arvan
09-08-2022, 01:36 AM
Three servers is too many for p99 total pop (red doesnt count as only 20 people play that)

Gustoo
09-14-2022, 07:06 PM
Well the idea is to have two really active servers, a non PVP one and a PVP one, and two archive servers with people that don't wanna grind through the levels again, or whatever. People that want to enjoy the meta'd out classic everquest.

Seems reasonable and lets people keep playing vanilla every once in a while.

Croco
09-14-2022, 07:50 PM
Well the idea is to have two really active servers, a non PVP one and a PVP one, and two archive servers with people that don't wanna grind through the levels again, or whatever. People that want to enjoy the meta'd out classic everquest.

Seems reasonable and lets people keep playing vanilla every once in a while.

Splitting blue when green started already decimated the blue economy and the low level grouping but hey lets split the population 4 ways. I'm sure that'll work like gangbusters.

Infectious
09-14-2022, 08:09 PM
Splitting blue when green started already decimated the blue economy and the low level grouping but hey lets split the population 4 ways. I'm sure that'll work like gangbusters.

If you still play blue, seek help. The server is 10+ years old. You should have everything by now.

eqravenprince
09-15-2022, 03:52 PM

I like this idea. I'd stay on Classic forever!

Ghost of Starman
09-16-2022, 01:05 PM
I like this idea. I'd stay on Classic forever!

My dream set-up would be three era specific servers where you could essentially "clone" a character to the next expansion with gear intact at some point in time, where you could be playing the same character in each era as you wished, it'd be fun to "BIS" a character in each era before moving on to the next, while still being able to mess around in the previous eras.

jolanar
09-17-2022, 05:01 PM
My dream set-up would be three era specific servers where you could essentially "clone" a character to the next expansion with gear intact at some point in time, where you could be playing the same character in each era as you wished, it'd be fun to "BIS" a character in each era before moving on to the next, while still being able to mess around in the previous eras.

I like this idea.

Valakut
09-18-2022, 10:05 AM
rogean gotta keep 1 in the chamber for when eq lantern is ready

/thread

Gustoo
09-19-2022, 12:27 AM
No cloning you gotta commit to the transfer to next era

Rick Sanchez
09-19-2022, 10:28 AM

/thread

I'm keeping an eye on that as well.

Infectious
09-19-2022, 02:24 PM

/thread

When it finishes in 10 years rogean will be still pumping out the most classic EQ Emu server in existence. Good luck to them folks, but they ain't fucking with Rogean and Angel Nilbog.

Croco
09-19-2022, 05:17 PM
When it finishes in 10 years rogean will be still pumping out the most classic EQ Emu server in existence. Good luck to them folks, but they ain't fucking with Rogean and Angel Nilbog.

Rogean ain't pumping out anything except for loots on official EQ TLP servers where he's too busy playing to care about anything going on with this abandonware project.