PDA

View Full Version : Wikipedia Going 1984 on "Recession"

Castle2.0
07-29-2022, 01:10 AM
Wikipedia changed the definition of recession to favor the Biden regime and then locked the page.

Talk about being on the wrong side of history.

Elizondo
07-29-2022, 01:17 AM

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 01:24 AM
A recession is when there are THREE consecutive reductions in GDP

Reiwa
07-29-2022, 01:26 AM
Is yours a cogent definition of recession if employment is high? 🐱

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 01:27 AM
9tVEOfy1qwM

Reiwa
07-29-2022, 01:31 AM
9tVEOfy1qwM

They say growth rate a lot, is that a recession when it grow less bigly?

Hey that's better!

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 01:58 AM
Don't question shadows cast by the sun pointing in two directions.

Toxigen
07-29-2022, 07:10 AM
9tVEOfy1qwM

nice find...just wish some of these youtube content makers would tone down the flair a bit

robayon
07-29-2022, 08:53 AM
my disdain for the semantics of terminology cuts both ways

anyways love that you guys are so desperate for content that agrees with your ignorant worldview that you get your news from youtube. no, i didn't watch the above video and won't, this is para-criticism, to make up a new word since words are meaningless

Elizondo
07-29-2022, 09:32 AM
Next they will say there is no inflation and gas prices are 2 dollars a gallon

robayon
07-29-2022, 09:36 AM
Next they will say there is no inflation and gas prices are 2 dollars a gallonit will be glorious if, when questioned, they simply refer to it as alternative facts

sorry that you are unable to cope with the consequences of your actions

Homesteaded
07-29-2022, 09:39 AM

anyways love that you guys are so desperate for content that agrees with your ignorant worldview that you get your news from youtube. no, i didn't watch the above video and won't, this is para-criticism, to make up a new word since words are meaningless

You’re a real moron.

robayon
07-29-2022, 09:47 AM
You’re a real moron.spoken like the "christian" conservative you are, seethe about it and maybe find a youtube video to explain the politics of john steinbeck while you're at it

Kaveh
07-29-2022, 09:52 AM
East of Eden is a personal favorite

Castle2.0
07-29-2022, 09:58 AM
Is yours a cogent definition of recession if employment is high? 🐱

Yes. 2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth in a row.

You can say it's a "mild" recession, you can say we are very "early" in the recession, but you can't simply change the definition to fit your agenda.

Gaslighting. Pure and simple.

Evia
07-29-2022, 10:02 AM
This isn't new. They reclassified smallpox and made you all believe they eradicated it so you'd worship vaccines.

Kaveh
07-29-2022, 10:05 AM
It’s a recession

Doesn’t matter, they’re dumb for not admitting it and you’re dumb for thinking it’s solely on Biden

Gonna be a bonkers election cycle. Colorado goes GOP as does Nevada. Wisconsin Pennsylvania and Georgia go Dem

51-49 GOP is the senate in 2023 (buckle up)

Reiwa
07-29-2022, 10:10 AM
Yes. 2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth in a row.

You can say it's a "mild" recession, you can say we are very "early" in the recession, but you can't simply change the definition to fit your agenda.

Gaslighting. Pure and simple.

But is it a contraction of absolute GDP or a slowing of the rate of growth QoQ?

🤔

Reiwa
07-29-2022, 10:12 AM
Percentages are rarely additive, use multiplicative guys. :)

MrSparkle001
07-29-2022, 10:16 AM
There's no increase in unemployment which is part of the definition and determination.

So what is it? It's not stagflation because there's no high unemployment. Is it simple inflation? IMO yes it's basically inflation, and I would know, I'm an internet tough guy that doesn't have a degree in economics.

Kaveh
07-29-2022, 10:30 AM
Lamb has gone up by like 200%

I’m getting rekt by inflation more than anyone BIGLY

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 11:40 AM

Brought to you by the generation that changed the definition of literately to mean kind of.

robayon
07-29-2022, 11:45 AM
Brought to you by the generation that changed the definition of literately to mean kind of.which generation is that? they call me an edge or geriatric millenial now.

and no, i don't put a lot of stock into the generational terms, as there's good and bad examples from every set and it reeks of just another subdivision of proxy class warfare. but i do appreciate zoomers so far.

then again i believe in people on the whole and have little patience for misanthropy, so i deliberately avoid the tendency to be a 'get off my lawn, the damn kids these days' type.

MrSparkle001
07-29-2022, 11:51 AM
which generation is that? they call me an edge or geriatric millenial now.

and no, i don't put a lot of stock into the generational terms, as there's good and bad examples from every set and it reeks of just another subdivision of proxy class warfare. but i do appreciate zoomers so far.

then again i believe in people on the whole and have little patience for misanthropy, so i deliberately avoid the tendency to be a 'get off my lawn, the damn kids these days' type.

and that's exactly what I'm looking forward to

https://c.tenor.com/diFdUz7cUQYAAAAd/clint-eastwood-beer.gif

that and waking up at 6 AM so I can go drive around really slow and make everyone late for work.

robayon
07-29-2022, 11:59 AM
and that's exactly what I'm looking forward to

https://c.tenor.com/diFdUz7cUQYAAAAd/clint-eastwood-beer.gif

that and waking up at 6 AM so I can go drive around really slow and make everyone late for work.gran torino was a fantasy movie for racists who are afraid to act on their thoughts. not that i am saying this is what you have to believe to like it, i saw it too. my ex-wife loved that movie. she owned a confederate battle flag bikini. do the math.

look forward to being crotchety if you want, different strokes and all that, but i want to be positive until the day i die.

MrSparkle001
07-29-2022, 12:02 PM
she owned a confederate battle flag bikini

https://media.giphy.com/media/j6ZReIODqJXh5sPLVq/giphy.gif

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 12:09 PM
which generation is that? they call me an edge or geriatric millenial now.

Did you know they call Quake a "boomer shooter"

Reiwa
07-29-2022, 12:11 PM
she owned a confederate battle flag bikini.

https://media.giphy.com/media/j6ZReIODqJXh5sPLVq/giphy.gif

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 12:29 PM
gran torino was a fantasy movie for racists who are afraid to act on their thoughts. not that i am saying this is what you have to believe to like it, i saw it too. my ex-wife loved that movie. she owned a confederate battle flag bikini. do the math.

look forward to being crotchety if you want, different strokes and all that, but i want to be positive until the day i die.

The only thing racist about his movie is causing white kids to be upset they failed at life for thinking the hero's are the mung kids cousins.

Homesteaded
07-29-2022, 03:01 PM
East of Eden is a personal favorite

Very good book. You’ll like The Bible.

Ooloo
07-29-2022, 03:36 PM

Appeal to authority, yet again.txt

Refuses to even watch videos presented as if that's a point of pride, yet again.txt

Just preface all your posts with a gif of a guy with his fingers stuffed in his ears already and get it over with rob..

Homesteaded
07-29-2022, 04:01 PM
Hmong*

Reiwa
07-29-2022, 04:14 PM

Refuses to even watch videos presented as if that's a point of pride, yet again.txt

Just preface all your posts with a gif of a guy with his fingers stuffed in his ears already and get it over with rob..

Post hoc ergo propter hoc (https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1552839478485651458)

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 04:35 PM
Hmong*

everyone says this guy is the racist yet here we are.

god bless the homesteaders

Homesteaded
07-29-2022, 05:22 PM
Race is one of the least interesting traits people can have.

That being said, the Hmong culture is awesome. They are what Americans used to be. They are all about family, gathering and are a very active culture. Strong outdoor culture, they are who we should be and used to be.

robayon
07-29-2022, 05:32 PM

Just preface all your posts with a gif of a guy with his fingers stuffed in his ears already and get it over with rob..hope it bothers the shit out of you, fella who does nothing but ad hominems.

remember when you dodged me for like two weeks because you posted a bullshit paper and i found a rebuttal that you couldn't dismiss? sure you wanna open the "let's pretend this is debate club" door again?

best leave this one shut, i see through your ben shapiro methods.

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 05:50 PM
Race is one of the least interesting traits people can have.

That being said, the Hmong culture is awesome. They are what Americans used to be. They are all about family, gathering and are a very active culture. Strong outdoor culture, they are who we should be and used to be.

I love when the old lady's wont stop feeding him and he wont stop eating :D

Homesteaded
07-29-2022, 09:54 PM
Be more like the Hmong.

Reiwa
07-29-2022, 10:00 PM
I love when the old lady's wont stop feeding him and he wont stop eating :D

You ever watch them mukbangs (https://www.twitch.tv/directory/all/tags/d4461e94-570b-4973-b6a1-3afe026c12ca)?

Somehow 10x creepier than the sleeping category (https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/I'm%20Only%20Sleeping). :(

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 10:16 PM
You ever watch them mukbangs (https://www.twitch.tv/directory/all/tags/d4461e94-570b-4973-b6a1-3afe026c12ca)?

Somehow 10x creepier than the sleeping category (https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/I'm%20Only%20Sleeping). :(

Twtch scares me.

https://i.imgur.com/TEIGxkH.png

omg now i want to go to sleep forever