PDA

View Full Version : Microchips bail out?

Gustoo
07-28-2022, 01:09 AM
https://imgur.com/gallery/eidTzdo

Did no research

What the fuck is this? How stupid are we supposed to be?

Can’t possibly pay off student debt, make healthcare not ridiculous.

Gotta give rich orgs our tax dollars asap?

Auto, banks, big pharma, intel?

Is this actual or am I just misunderstanding

Kaveh
07-28-2022, 01:18 AM
Health care costs are halved if obesity is made illegal

Hope this helps

Jibartik
07-28-2022, 01:18 AM
https://i.imgur.com/WEUrHWI.jpg

Kaveh
07-28-2022, 01:21 AM
We need chips to be made here and not Taiwan

We can’t even build cars anymore giys, y’all trying to be dependent on China like Europe is dependent on Russia? We need to crush everyone in everything. We subsidize corn but this makes you rednecks mad? Corn isn’t even actually a vegetable despite what they tell you at Cracker Barrel

Jibartik
07-28-2022, 01:33 AM
What's happening is all the peopled that fucked all of that up, and became non competitive in the chips industry, are getting a bailout, to continue to be the complete failures that they are.

Just another big chunk for the 1% from uncle joe.

Reiwa
07-28-2022, 01:35 AM
What happened was McConnell was holding the CHIPS bill(semiconductors) hostage until reconciliation was dead and then he thought it was, so the conference passed it; but Manchin and Schumer had been negotiating in secret so the second it got through the Senate, they announced their (mostly climate) deal.

Absolute pwnage right here folks. Manchin came home at just the right time.

The only thing that can fuck it up now is the Progessive caucus, of which Bernie is a member.

Jibartik
07-28-2022, 01:36 AM
OuNPbqsoDus

Kaveh
07-28-2022, 01:38 AM
It’s actually incredibly hard to manufacture semiconductors and the Taiwanese have poured billions into their domestic industry because they figured that would tie their economy to China and insure america would have to defend them

As usual, you guys think things are very simple. China can’t make a jet engine. We can’t build the most advanced chips. These things are not that easy to accomplish and we should’ve been subsidizing these to the point where our industry never left

Kaveh
07-28-2022, 01:39 AM
OuNPbqsoDus

Would taking a harder stance on corruption make you understand how critical it is that we can’t build chips? You don’t want to defend Ukraine. Do you want to be obligated to defend Taiwan because we can’t even make a Ford with a backup camera without them?

Kaveh
07-28-2022, 01:41 AM
What happened was McConnell was holding the CHIPS bill(semiconductors) hostage until reconciliation was dead and then he thought it was, so the conference passed it; but Manchin and Schumer had been negotiating in secret so the second it got through the Senate, they announced their (mostly climate) deal.

Absolute pwnage right here folks. Manchin came home at just the right time.

The only thing that can fuck it up now is the Progessive caucus, of which Bernie is a member.

What are the climate provisions?

Reiwa
07-28-2022, 01:43 AM
What are the climate provisions?

I have no idea I just think it's superfunny McConnell got outplayed for once.

If you want to complain about it, supposedly EV credits are in.

Kaveh
07-28-2022, 01:47 AM
Supposedly revenue neutral. Medicare can negotiate drug prices

Seems like not a terrible bill for progressives? I’m not sure what the reflexive anger is without details being out yet. I don’t see much about climate except bold promises

Jibartik
07-28-2022, 01:48 AM
Would taking a harder stance on corruption make you understand how critical it is that we can’t build chips?

idk watch a documentary to see how these bailouts pan out in terms of changing any of our foreign dependence.

Kaveh
07-28-2022, 01:50 AM
Our government sucks no doubt, but the status quo of we can’t build shit is also very bad

/shrug, this is a tough problem without an easy solution.

Jibartik
07-28-2022, 01:55 AM
this is a tough problem without an easy solution.

Its one that started in our lifetime though and its one I've been railing against ever since I watched my home town go from a working class family oriented town with a drinking problem to a wasteland of meth and violence.

I dont know the best solution, bailouts I'm against, I'd prefer some type of law that made it so you had to manufacture at home, and if America wanted to not be competitive then that's on them. But a national free market I think in the USA would rise to the top. We can export, just cant do labor oversees and import only enough high quality foreign shit to make our companies compete globally.

China is only competitive, because they stole our IP while we used their cheep labor. And had we not let buisnesses leave in the first place none of this would be a problem and we would be a million miles ahead of our enemies.

But we cant change that.

What we can do is hang everyone who did that though.

Reiwa
07-28-2022, 01:58 AM
Its one that started in our lifetime though and its one I've been railing against ever since I watched my home town go from a working class family oriented town with a drinking problem to a wasteland of meth and violence.

I dont know the best solution, bailouts I'm against, I'd prefer some type of law that made it so you had to manufacture at home, and if America wanted to not be competitive then that's on them. But a national free market I think in the USA would rise to the top. We can export, just cant do labor overseer's and import only enough high quality foreign shit to make our companies compete globally.

China is only competitive, because they stole our IP while we used their cheep labor. And had we not let buisnesses leave in the first place none of this would be a problem and we would be a million miles ahead of our enemies.

But we cant change that.

What we can do is hang everyone who did that though.

Just think of it as nationalizing the domestic computer chip industry and put a smile on.

It's not but you can do that, if you want to. :p

Jibartik
07-28-2022, 02:08 AM
Yeah I love america and want it to be like disneyland why not. Nationalize everything basically. With a free market inside the park.

work on the line should be like a 1980s movie. We dont need to be so disposable. if we were on iphone 3 still we'd be fine.

Gustoo
07-28-2022, 07:20 AM
https://open.spotify.com/track/5YxWVwME2nR2VkfVDJHXKH?si=7GzDEqF9TBqqD2NN6oIbeA

Can’t make it here by James McMurtry for jib

robayon
07-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Seems like not a terrible bill for progressives?Reiwa is just constantly irritated that progressives insist on existing

magnetaress
07-28-2022, 10:08 AM
Seek Christ

In a very unironic way, hope that helps.

magnetaress
07-28-2022, 10:09 AM
Also the reason computer chips are getting billions (peanuts in this economy of trillions) is so they (gates, musk, elon, that wierd facebuck kid Z, the cocacola exec who also is a big board member of Blizzard, twitter bots, hollywood and all their subsidiaries (netflix and amazon prime)) can war with the other zergs. Sick ppl don't make good soldiers. So just don't get sick. We didn't build Solomons temple in real life because we where to weak. So we built it online instead.

(or too obese like Kaveh says)

Now is a great time to get into fighting shape if you can. If you can't, then be kind to yourself and your family and be greatful for every krispy kreme that comes your way. Until the big one.

A smart person would write this as a command or case statement in C++ or C#

magnetaress
07-28-2022, 10:14 AM
Again to those that genuinely understand and are capable...

Seek Christ.

magnetaress
07-28-2022, 10:28 AM
Don't worry tho if we get chips we probably get another 5-6 years of welfare on the side and big police controlled sectors of the economy. Before the homeless camps burst overflowing through the prisons and into the countryside on a massive scale.

Reiwa
07-28-2022, 01:05 PM
Reiwa is just constantly irritated that progressives insist on existing

Turns out there is someone worse than the Progressives (https://suozzi.house.gov/media/press-releases/suozzi-gottheimer-young-garbarino-announce-new-bipartisan-salt-caucus-fight-tax)

Kaveh
07-29-2022, 12:44 AM
National service mandatory at age 18.

18 months for army or marines, 24 months for navy or Air Force. For pussies like elizondo, 48 months of peace corps or national park service, or being janitors etc for the service branches

10 years for coast guard. GI bill reduced to two years of community college or vocational training for all who serve. Everyone must maintain physical fitness until age 38 for combat readiness or their time resets (even once discharged). 6 years active duty = payment for 4 years public education. Career in military with pension increased from 20 to 25 years of cumulative service

The point of this is to give people direction that they aren’t getting either at home or in schools. I was blessed with a two parent household and it’s quite apparent that fatherless homes are creating too many incelizondos among us. We can do better

This plan is very roughly based on South Korea’s conscription, IE a modern democracy with a capable military. Deus vult, obesity delenda est, etc

Kaveh
07-29-2022, 12:47 AM
Don't worry tho if we get chips we probably get another 5-6 years of welfare on the side and big police controlled sectors of the economy. Before the homeless camps burst overflowing through the prisons and into the countryside on a massive scale.

The homeless issue is very weird

I mean I get that home prices and rents have gone up, but the fact that we’ve crushed the spirits of so many people that they don’t even try anymore? They can’t all be disabled or mentally ill. The fact that they’re disproportionately men belies that excuse.

I wish I knew the answer. I feel like 1% of GDP being used to mandate employment and housing for this people would be a better alternative than what we currently do. That would quickly become a grift though

/shrug

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 01:26 AM
They should call this the micropenis bailout. Because that's what the people who are getting it have.

robayon
07-29-2022, 09:08 AM
The homeless issue is very weird

I mean I get that home prices and rents have gone up, but the fact that we’ve crushed the spirits of so many people that they don’t even try anymore? They can’t all be disabled or mentally ill. The fact that they’re disproportionately men belies that excuse.

I wish I knew the answer. I feel like 1% of GDP being used to mandate employment and housing for this people would be a better alternative than what we currently do. That would quickly become a grift though

/shrugi've met folks that grew up "middle class" but were so disinterested in the drudgery of constantly justifying their own existence through wage labor they just become drifter types instead.

i can't tell if i respect their commitment to their beliefs for this or that i wish they simply had more fulfilling opportunities. i thought about it when i was younger but know that i'd probably just end up addicted and then dead shortly thereafter. but i also can't imagine most homeless folks choose it, it's imposed upon them through circumstances, mistakes, or indifference.

i keep thinking about mayor pete's civilian conservation corps. ccc the remix. pete's a grifty sleazebag but that doesn't make that particular idea bad.

i dunno. my fellow true anarchists might take away my anarchist card for considering this. i am not married to order or chaos, i consider myself neutral good.

Kaveh
07-29-2022, 10:16 AM
They should call this the micropenis bailout. Because that's what the people who are getting it have.

We are taking jobs back from China and Taiwan. Isn’t this taking jobs from the micropenii?

MrSparkle001
07-29-2022, 10:21 AM

18 months for army or marines, 24 months for navy or Air Force. For pussies like elizondo, 48 months of peace corps or national park service, or being janitors etc for the service branches

10 years for coast guard. GI bill reduced to two years of community college or vocational training for all who serve. Everyone must maintain physical fitness until age 38 for combat readiness or their time resets (even once discharged). 6 years active duty = payment for 4 years public education. Career in military with pension increased from 20 to 25 years of cumulative service

The point of this is to give people direction that they aren’t getting either at home or in schools. I was blessed with a two parent household and it’s quite apparent that fatherless homes are creating too many incelizondos among us. We can do better

This plan is very roughly based on South Korea’s conscription, IE a modern democracy with a capable military. Deus vult, obesity delenda est, etc

The kiss of death for the career of whichever politician even proposes it.

It's also too late. The country is in a steady decline and it won't be much longer before it either breaks apart or a stronger, more united nation conquers or destroys it. I'll be dead by then but today's toddlers are in jeopardy.

Kaveh
07-29-2022, 10:28 AM
The kiss of death for the career of whichever politician even proposes it.

It's also too late. The country is in a steady decline and it won't be much longer before it either breaks apart or a stronger, more united nation conquers or destroys it. I'll be dead by then but today's toddlers are in jeopardy.

Nah, it isn’t too late man. Term limits and banning lobbying would do amazing things. As would ranked choice voting

Hell, a modicum of shame present in the populace might even make a difference.

Reiwa
07-29-2022, 10:35 AM
Nah, it isn’t too late man. Term limits and banning lobbying would do amazing things. As would ranked choice voting

Klobuchar said it too. (https://medium.com/@Amy_Klobuchar/senator-klobuchars-national-service-policy-84ad1e4fa98e)

Climate focus is a really good idea to start it with, Zoomers love that and will flock.

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 11:37 AM
We are taking jobs back from China and Taiwan. Isn’t this taking jobs from the micropenii?

na·ive
/nīˈēv/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
(of a person or action) showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment.
"the rather naive old man had been totally misled"

MrSparkle001
07-29-2022, 11:54 AM

No, these younger generations are beyond redemption. It was bad enough with my own generation X but millennials and zoomers are doomed.

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 12:00 PM
The biggest problem with this country is a lack of accountability for everyone.

We cancle people for saying bad words, but if you are pro war but dont lift a finger to be a warrior and you're a patriot? Fuck that.

Kaveh
07-29-2022, 12:03 PM
na·ive
/nīˈēv/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
(of a person or action) showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment.
"the rather naive old man had been totally misled"

Gotta win elections to make policy my man. Trump lost it all and here we are

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 12:06 PM
Trump lost it all and here we are

I agree people not voting for trump because they were driven by identity politics caused this problem.

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 01:54 PM
Intel has been involved in China for more than 22 years and over that time we've invested in excess of $1.3 billion in assembly test facilities and research and development.

*GETS BAILOUT!

strongNpretty
07-29-2022, 02:30 PM
I would like to pay less for my size medium clothing vs the dude/woman wearing XXL.

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 02:37 PM
I would like to pay less for my size medium clothing vs the dude/woman wearing XXL.

That'd be the right way to address the soda tax.

We should have a rewards program during tax season for small footprints, but not punishments for large ones.

Like EV tax credits, but incents for people that DON'T buy things.

Of course that would be contrary to the entire system we have (consume things/waste them/dispose of) which is literally killing the planet.

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 02:50 PM
*Planned obsolescence

"why is the planet dying?! We should eat less food."

Reiwa
07-29-2022, 02:53 PM

We should have a rewards program during tax season for small footprints, but not punishments for large ones.

Of course that would be contrary to the entire system we have (consume things/waste them/dispose of) which is literally killing the planet.

You're halfway to the guidestones then.

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 03:03 PM
There's good arguments for order > anarchy

Reiwa
07-29-2022, 03:22 PM

The labor costs more than the materials.

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 03:24 PM
But the footprint of the individual puts a gaping hole in the ground I fall into.

Reiwa
07-29-2022, 03:25 PM
But the footprint of the individual puts a gaping hole in the ground I fall into.

Almost everyone has a hole in their bathroom they can fall into.

Progress is an unstoppable force.

strongNpretty
07-29-2022, 03:34 PM

We must enforce a BMI standard on all americans. Higher taxes for those over the threshold.

magnetaress
07-29-2022, 04:33 PM

:thumbs up:

and if you can't pass the range course for whatever reason and get at least a 18/32 you go to the farms.

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 04:35 PM
draft draft draft draft

Kaveh
07-29-2022, 06:48 PM
We must enforce a BMI standard on all americans. Higher taxes for those over the threshold.

Yep but not BMI. Muscular people get rekt by BMI

Kaveh
07-29-2022, 06:52 PM

EV average is $66,000

$7500 tax credit is just helping wealthy people or dumb asses who exceeds their means with an $800 a month car payment. Either way, it’s terrible policy to achieve a goal. Let EVs compete on the open market.

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 07:06 PM
Yeah, but it got me and a bunch of other people to pull the trigger and buy one.

Making me pay extra to not have one is the idea I said was stupid. Like the soda tax - making me pay extra because *someone's kids are obese.

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 07:08 PM
By the way that policy put way more EVs on the road, than any stupid automotive EV bailout that biden gave FORD

I love how you're like 40 billion for the rich, 50 billion to bring jobs back to the usa!, 400 billion for more jobs!

"EV TAX CREDITS ARE STUPID WASTE OF MONEY!"

lol wtf

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 07:13 PM
"sure intel spent 1.3 billion teaching the Chinese how to compete - lets give them 10 billion to come home we need to compete with china!"

I hate these ideas so much.

They just keep doing the same things.

Kaveh
07-29-2022, 07:45 PM
I’d agree with the argument much more if we didn’t get factory corn farms way mkre

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 07:51 PM
You see why I dont support your selective bailout mentality?

Because you dont get selective bailouts, you get bailouts or you get NO bailouts.

I prefer no bailouts, not bailouts for "some" (all the rich) who prefer cheaper sweeteners for the shit they sell us.

Kaveh
07-29-2022, 08:12 PM
We’d have rail if we didn’t subsidize planes

Hope this helps

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 08:15 PM
we'd have chip manufacturers if we didnt subsidize global economy and we wouldnt be so reliant on the airline industry.

and if my grandma had wheels she'd be a bycicle.

Kaveh
07-29-2022, 08:16 PM
I too support time travel to fix past mistakes

Barring that, I think we have to make compromises

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 08:19 PM
I think we have to make compromises

lmao ok go move to California.

Their train they cant figure out how to build there costs more than we have bailed out the entire air industry including after 9/11 and covid.

If you dont count covid/911 bailouts, they STILL recive less subsdies from the goverment since 2000, than the total cost of the (failed) high speed rail in Cal

Kaveh
07-29-2022, 08:20 PM
I’m in Texas, we’re nearly as retarded under Abbott. Electric prices up BIGLY

And no bud California is a one party state ruled by lobbyists. Exactly the opposite of what I desire. Why do you like paying airline CEOs tax dollars?

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 08:26 PM
I’m in Texas, we’re nearly as retarded under Abbott. Electric prices up BIGLY

And no bud California is a one party state ruled by lobbyists. Exactly the opposite of what I desire. Why do you like paying airline CEOs tax dollars?

Tell me how good the windmill energy performance/cost effectiveness is in texas.

Oh damn another failed goverment program.

Why do you like paying airline CEOs tax dollars?

Because I dont want to pay development CEOs 100x tax dollars instead.

Look: I am 100% goverment hand outs - you are 99% for them, so ask yourself that question not me.

Kaveh
07-29-2022, 10:08 PM
That’s just brainwashing. Our natural gas plants are 30 years old and our coals one 50. Abbott blames wind but there’s been zero investment in increasing capacity with the state growing fast

Its a narrative for yokels and not reflective of change in policy once Abbott took over for Perry

Jibartik
07-29-2022, 10:14 PM
I didnt say anything about what abbot said, I'm talking about actual wattage.

Look, maybe you're right the CCP is a better system. But I just dont like it ok?

strongNpretty
08-03-2022, 11:05 AM
Yep but not BMI. Muscular people get rekt by BMI

Hahaha this is true, i would not want to cause harm my fellow musculars.

Kaveh
08-03-2022, 12:01 PM
I didnt say anything about what abbot said, I'm talking about actual wattage.

Look, maybe you're right the CCP is a better system. But I just dont like it ok?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power_in_Texas

Wind power generation continues to rise

You on drugs? Texas energy costs sky rocketed this year because our natural gas plants are breaking down because they’re 30 years old

Jibartik
08-03-2022, 12:07 PM
You’re an idiot. 30 is like brand-new.

Some of those windmills are like 15 years old you moron.

Kaveh
08-03-2022, 12:11 PM
The government built neither natural gas plants nor windmills, they just license things

ERCOT made maintenance requirements on natural gas and coal plants less stringent under Abbott. They’re all privately owned, ERCOT is just a regulator

You’re wrong about everything as usual man, I live here and work in this industry and I used to work in both petroleum and natural gas. Abbott is a rarified fucking moron

You also said megawatts. Power generation is up for wind, so that was a lie

Jibartik
08-03-2022, 12:18 PM
OK whatever who cares.

You dont even know who you're talking to.

You dont even know what I am talking about.

I dont even know what you're talking about.

No clue what the hell you're thesis is, or what you believe in.

You just scream at everything randomly.

Kaveh
08-03-2022, 12:18 PM
Texas is also unique in that we’ve had almost no rules regarding efficiency of AC units and insulation in housing. Everything has been about keeping costs down and, line you, Abbott and others don’t believe in climate change. When growing population meets failing infrastructure meets 115 degree summer meets inefficiency, you have power grid failure

Texas and California are poorly managed for the same reason. One party rule

Kaveh
08-03-2022, 12:19 PM
What is your argument that texas power is great? OK whatever who cares.

No, but wind is the only reason there are still lights on down there

I’m hiding in alaska because it’s 115 every day dude

Jibartik
08-03-2022, 12:24 PM
You got yourself into such a mess then you had to pack up and move and fled to aslaska and are shouting about how you're right.

Kaveh
08-03-2022, 01:38 PM
I got myself into a mess? Dumb ass the point is it’s hot and you’re denying climate change

Par for the course for you morons to not see what’s right in front of you. I’m rich though so I can avoid the consequences of redneck brain death. Enjoy the consequences of your actions

It’s also one thing for the grid to fail in winter in Texas. Abbott has no excuses for not expecting a hot summer, and yet he’s tried to make exactly that excuse

Are you an Abbott lobbyist or something? Why do you defend governor hot wheels the dip shit?

Jibartik
08-03-2022, 01:41 PM
Are you an Abbott lobbyist or something? Why do you defend governor hot wheels the dip shit?

Spoken like a true:

https://i.imgur.com/OHnFerL.png

One thing that's funny to watch is notice how for EVERY problem, they always have "the name of a person" that caused it.

Like it's never about "a data problem" it's always a "reactionary problem", and they always have: identity politics to blame.

Attention: if the problem is because of [name of a person] then you're a fool, and have been lied to.

magnetaress
08-05-2022, 10:00 PM
Gotta make the 808666 beast here on our soil me thinks.

Gustoo
08-05-2022, 10:02 PM
And the companies profiting from operating these utilities with minimum regulation and no competition are basically blackmailing the state to pass some big tax to fund an operation that will just funnel tax dollars to the utility.

Jibartik
08-05-2022, 10:04 PM
BP made what, 7 trillion in profit this year?

They know its the end, the science has proven it, they just wont admit that we really are past the turning point for sure and we have a decade left before the air becomes poison.

They're fire selling everything they can. Just ass raping everyone economically for some short term gains. So they can hopefully buy a spot on The Ark.