PDA

View Full Version : pofear bros

Sniperfire
06-22-2011, 01:54 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2liy24p.jpg

Salty
06-22-2011, 04:24 AM
Gonna mez you earlier this time bro, too bad your pals can't keep zone control.

fiegi
06-22-2011, 04:47 AM
wtf my char damn it titanuk

Drieddead
06-22-2011, 04:52 AM
What server is this? I know crazymon from stormhaven. If its the same guy.

Sniperfire
06-22-2011, 05:32 AM
DONT TROLL ME BRO

Vile
06-22-2011, 11:04 AM
so is this server worth playing?

Vile
06-22-2011, 11:05 AM
omg im an aviak

Bardalicious
06-22-2011, 11:42 AM
so is this server worth playing?

As it stands the server is a rather sad random assortment of classic and non-classic elements. With two whole continents that are blue zones. And a team PVP system that has little incentive behind participating in it.

It is however the only real option for PVP atm, and in the servers defense they are still in "beta" which they opened many weeks early at our request to let us play, so things may get better.

Pudge
06-22-2011, 12:07 PM
DONT TROLL ME BRO

Macken
06-22-2011, 12:37 PM
As it stands the server is a rather sad random assortment of classic and non-classic elements. With two whole continents that are blue zones. And a team PVP system that has little incentive behind participating in it.

It is however the only real option for PVP atm, and in the servers defense they are still in "beta" which they opened many weeks early at our request to let us play, so things may get better.

Server is great - best thing going. They fix stuff really fast, while letting us play anyway.

Bardalicious dies alot, just like on a Alter-gate, so he denigrates the server and players - just like Alter-gate. (Every girl who ever said no to him is a Lesbian - you know the type).

Knuckle
06-22-2011, 12:49 PM
omg im an aviak

OWNED

Bardalicious
06-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Server is great - best thing going. They fix stuff really fast, while letting us play anyway.

Bardalicious dies alot, just like on a Alter-gate, so he denigrates the server and players - just like Alter-gate. (Every girl who ever said no to him is a Lesbian - you know the type).

2 deaths to PVP so far frand. I should uninstall now, my computer might xplode from zoning to bind so much.

Macken
06-22-2011, 02:57 PM
You're a bard. Anything over 0 deaths is an embarrassment. And, you already have 2 and the server just started?

JayDee
06-22-2011, 03:50 PM
wut about menicio del toro

Darksinga
06-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Server is fun...

tons of pvp.

Coming Soon: the Bonaduce crew taking over the server.

Vile
06-22-2011, 10:31 PM
how many peeps are on this box?

Bardalicious
06-22-2011, 10:32 PM
how many peeps are on this box?

5 people, excluding myself, plus their 100 box toons

Bardalicious
06-22-2011, 10:33 PM
You're a bard. Anything over 0 deaths is an embarrassment. And, you already have 2 and the server just started?

And what toon of yours graces this box incarnation? Perhaps we shall fight like gentlemen. I wouldn't expect it though, I'm sure you'd only fight next to a zone line, have HT ready to kill yourself, etc.

Pudge
06-22-2011, 11:22 PM
if in a month and a half this box is still running and there is no word on red99, i'll start a toon

till then you boys enjoy newbing out all over each other

Macken
06-23-2011, 02:56 PM
And what toon of yours graces this box incarnation? Perhaps we shall fight like gentlemen. I wouldn't expect it though, I'm sure you'd only fight next to a zone line, have HT ready to kill yourself, etc.

Already killed bardalicious last night and im only level 39.

Eleven levels lower than him and he still can't kill me.

What's he gonna do when i'm even?

Bardalicious, i'm not saying you suck, but son, you need to up your game.

Try to get on my level.

Bardalicious
06-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Already killed bardalicious last night and im only level 39.

Eleven levels lower than him and he still can't kill me.

What's he gonna do when i'm even?

Bardalicious, i'm not saying you suck, but son, you need to up your game.

Try to get on my level.

I'll narrate this story further for those curious:

Bardalicious owning up the PVE with a 4 pull, chain mezzing + charming. Have the last mob down to 12pct and snared with charm pet on it, I am backing up with 8pct life left.

Boom, HT from behind. Lulz.

Your PVP skill is too leet for me to compete obv, Tigolles. I know who to look for now though.

Bardalicious
06-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Also, you drop down on me about an hour later in safe hall within 10 seconds of logging back in (stellar radar you're running I must say). Had 2 mobs on me and I was down to under 50pct and you still ran like a bitch because you didn't have HT up.

You don't even make PVP interesting, I know your entire playbook already pal.

Macken
06-24-2011, 04:07 AM
Bardalicious owning up the PVE

Not so much the pvp....

Bardalicious
06-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Not so much the pvp....

That's the best you could come up with? I am disappoint.

Just as I was disappointed to see you are doing the same old bullshit that you did on Altergate. Whatever works for you to sneak in a kill every HT refresh I guess.

Macken
06-24-2011, 02:54 PM
A pattern is forming.

Posts on Bardalicious dieing over and over on multiple servers.

Followed by posts by Bardalicious making excuses.

fiegi
06-24-2011, 03:15 PM
All I see in this thread are bardalicious lame excuses :rolleyes:

Bardalicious
06-24-2011, 03:27 PM
A pattern is forming.

Posts on Bardalicious dieing over and over on multiple servers.

Followed by posts by Bardalicious making excuses.

Lawl, what servers? I've played AG and now KaB. The only PVP I've done since original RZ and yet I assure you I'm a better player than you (hence not having to resort to nut-hugging a harmtouch key on every toon I make).

No excuses. You killed me. But to deny the circumstances is just as pathetic as your post about "winning" Altergate when I had evidence to post of the scoreboard to show otherwise. I made an open invitation to PVP and you had to come get a cheap shot in without me knowing who you were to be able to boast about it, congrats on that, it won't happen again.

The only pattern I see forming is that of Macken a pathological liar to comfort his own dwindling ego.

Macken
06-24-2011, 03:44 PM
I assure you I'm a better player than you ...

Sure you are.

Bardalicious all time record vs macken: 0-23

Bardalicious
06-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Sure you are.

Bardalicious all time record vs macken: 0-23

Lmao. Throwing around more imaginary statistics. I think you're about the only person on these forums that can look like such a fool and yet still believe you are perceived as being good at PVP. I'm glad you have the forums on lockdown brew, you're better suited to serve PVPing here than in the actual game. Rofl.

(INC more 1-line responses)

Macken
06-24-2011, 03:51 PM
It's not my fault i was top pvper on boards when SZ and Alter-Gate shut down.

Facts are facts.

Sorry bro, sorry.

Vile
06-24-2011, 07:32 PM
thinking about boxing here this weekend...

Bardalicious
06-24-2011, 11:11 PM
It's not my fault i was top pvper on boards when SZ and Alter-Gate shut down.

Facts are facts.

Sorry bro, sorry.

And that exact delusional recreation of facts is why you're as bad at PVP as you are. Tough to actually play and risk being PKed when you have such a noble title to maintain. Now I see why you only ever risk ganks when you have HT and a zoneline nearby.

I've already debased your "facts" about winning Altergate, you seem to be the only one that can't come to terms with it.

Bardalicious
06-24-2011, 11:12 PM
thinking about boxing here this weekend...

Weren't you conjuring up another box to PVP on? Or is that no longer coming to fruition?

fiegi
06-25-2011, 12:58 AM
Barbalicious banned for hacking. his whistle is extremely dirty

Macken
06-25-2011, 01:12 AM
Bardalicious, i came looking for you tonight, but i no can find you. Where has you gone?

Macken
06-25-2011, 01:30 AM
Oh dear, Fiegi wasn't trollin.

Bardalicious banned for hax tonight 6/24/11. Noob who wouldn't understand why he is easily found in safe hall of lower guk would obviously need to pay for hax.

6/24/11

Never Forget

solid
06-25-2011, 04:10 AM
Oh dear, Fiegi wasn't trollin.

Bardalicious banned for hax tonight 6/24/11. Noob who wouldn't understand why he is easily found in safe hall of lower guk would obviously need to pay for hax.

6/24/11

Never Forget

You sure it was hax? I just got banned for getting feared behind a zoneline and then nuking people back there. Good thing the server didn't have the pvp action to hold me over, or I'd have cared about being banned for such a retarded reason.

UPDATE: Apparently they lifted the ban because image looked through his files and said I was clean; but uh, this was as good of sign as any to just get out now. If they're going to try to ban you- not warn, summon, fuck even suspend (which would also have been too harsh), but decide to BAN your characters over something so stupid, you should probably not waste your time playing here. Who knows what the fuck these guys will try to ban you for.

06-25-2011, 04:37 AM
I am only going to say this once because that is all that needs to be said. It is clear when you have a group of people trying to run at you behind a zone point, you stand there, cast, move interrupting yourself, then begin another cast, land a full cast on someone behind a zonepoint... If you think this is appropriate please play elsewhere.

I stopped the battle from continuing until the situation could be looked into. EQ does not have any 'excuse me please while I interrupt everything' command the easiest solution was to remove the problem until it could be investigated which was you. Apologies you are not banned, your choice.

solid
06-25-2011, 04:52 AM
I mean, this is going to happen almost every time people pvp near a zoneline. Furthermore, if what you just said is true and you just wanted to 'stop the battle from continuing' then why ban my shaman and kick me from IRC immediately too? That doesn't sound to me like 'just stopping the battle from continuing.' Finally, how are you a gm and don't know that you do, in fact, have an " 'excuse me please while I interrupt everything' command" maybe try /freeze? Or fuck, /summon me away?

What it comes down to is this: you made a snap judgment call, it was stupid. We all make mistakes, fine, but this is the kind of thing that indicates that you just don't have the judgment needed to GM a server. Do not care if I've been unbanned, waste of time to continue here.

06-25-2011, 05:00 AM
I think the word you were looking for is 'judgement'. I hope you enjoyed killing newbies on the server and sorry to hear you won't be taking part in Inferno.

solid
06-25-2011, 05:06 AM
I think the word you were looking for is 'judgement'. I hope you enjoyed killing newbies on the server and sorry to hear you won't be taking part in Inferno.

Fail more.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/judgment

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/1623/judgment-or-judgement

Let this be another insight into the failure Image offers friends.

Pheer
06-25-2011, 06:59 AM
Damn he mad

fiegi
06-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Banned, not banned, banned, not banned. More flip flopping then John Kerry going on here. Clearly not worth spending any more time on that box. Only good part of the server is that training is allowed. Can count at least 4 times where someone has nuked me behind a zoneline due to fear..... chalk it up to shitty code, and lack of pvp vision by the gm's. Anybody would start dropping bombs once they got control of their character, to ban them for that........ is lol's.

Bardalicious
06-25-2011, 08:53 AM
You sure it was hax?

I was not banned for hacking, no.

Macken
06-25-2011, 11:42 AM
6/24/11

Never Forget

Salty
06-25-2011, 02:25 PM
I was not banned for hacking, no.

You were banned for giving items to a merchant and having people purchase them back from the merchant.

Issue being, when something such as a Ivory Hoop is sold to a vendor, he then has unlimited Ivory Hoops for sale until the zone restarts.

Amirite?

Server has too many exploits. If you get feared behind a zoneline by a bard you can be banned if you do anything. Regardless of being attacked by those on the other side of the line who pushed you behind it in the first place.

If you buy items that aren't suppose to be in-game from merchants ALL OVER THE WORLD you too can get banned.

I see it as, "our code/database is crap so angst is incoming to the playerbase." They are talented though, and it would be nice if they had something to work with that wasn't pure shit. Plane of Fear and all of the other zones are updated to have things that absolutely shouldn't be in the game.

You can charm mobs in all the planes, yet the GMs don't fix it, only fuck with your charmed pets while they are in-zone and tell you to not do it. Which means you should only farm planes at night, which is what most of the server does.

Plane of Hate stuff respawns every 15minutes.
Plane of Fear has Enraged imps, tempest reavers, and Draco HP is so high that 5 CHARMED pets couldn't take him out even with Cheals from 3 separate clerics with clarity and bard clarity.
Rathe Mountains is BRAND NEW, exploits all over the place.
Quillmane is completely changed in SK because of laziness, explanation being (gotta keep you on your toes) fuck you bros.

Because of random issues like this, GMs feel time is better spent giving players spankings for their incompetence.

If it wasn't for Warsaint, EQpvp wouldn't of known about their login server exploits. People like that make your game more secure. It's not a reflection of Warsaint being a piece of shit, it's a reflection of the security being a piece of shit.

GMs get up in people's business. Banning over someone getting feared behind a zoneline and attacking back? What happens when you are rooted behind there as a wizard? Should I spend all my time gating and dispelling while they are unloading pois/dis dots on you? Your face is going to get stunned and a meat comet dropped on your face if you push me behind a line and have me bent over backwards.

pfft, another pvp server down because of GMs acting like Mall Cops.

Looks like we can jump to the next pvp server right? Oh ya, all Eqemu Server admins decide it is in the BEST interest of the players to NOT advance the project towards greater stability and more options to play on. THIS is why every person who has ran a Eqemu server and hasn't contributed to the "Greater" Eqemu project is a stupid piece of shit.

Bardalicious
06-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Pretty much summed it all up. Well said ^

Salty
06-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Maybe Null will get things done correctly so we can pvp eachother and not have to worry about staff.

I'd like to hop on a server, get my ass beat legit, and than start a big pvp battle because of my own angst.

I don't want a 3rd party staff member shit on my face just because someone cried to them, or because they believe the only way to stop cheating is to get rid of players. The exploits are there, all over the place, someone will charm Alize and Plvl a whole group of lvl 34s to 50 in 1 hour because it's possible. Getting rid of one person won't stop the charm regardless of your warnings.

Bardalicious
06-25-2011, 03:33 PM
All these little pvp boxes that pop up have no current competition to draw people away. Yet they all seem to falter and inevitably fail because of the staff.

KaB limits PVP to a single classic continent yet they use the excuse that it's "classic with liberties taken" when confronted with glaring discrepancies and imbalances.

Take Stonebrunt Mountains for example. The named snake there drops an 11DMG 30DLY piercing weapon. How is that at all in balance with the rest of the content offered on the server?

There is no consistency to be seen. Server is already in the stages of dying when you can go a whole evening without seeing any PVP take place.

Vile
06-25-2011, 04:19 PM
All of the above is why I have no interest in hosting a server or wasting my time developing it.

keto
06-25-2011, 04:33 PM
no pvp on a box named eqpvp.com, sadface

Salty
06-25-2011, 05:05 PM
All of the above is why I have no interest in hosting a server or wasting my time developing it.

If you had source that would make you as stable as p99 so you can get off the ground the right way, you would be singing a totally different tune.

For example, every new EQemu server that has ever came out (that mattered) has never had Quillmane working within the first month. Not even P99.

Why the shit does every person who wants to run an EQ server have to fix the SAME EXACT SHIT that has plagued every single new Emu server? We have no options because of it. People like Vile don't want to deal with that bullshit. People with tremendous ability don't even want to take part in it because of the greedy nature of bug fixing. Why spend 2 years wasting your life on problems that have been fixed over 20 times in the past year? It makes no sense, even with someone with great ability.

When you crowdsource issues, exploits, bugs, spawns, droprates, etc all these problems become the past. Because of the greed and stupidity, we have absolutely no options to play on a legitimate server.

Can't wait to play on the next pvp server where staff and shit code result in a terrible play experience.

Put Red99 in beta, we have been playing on worse piles of shit and love every second of it.

Snapple
06-25-2011, 05:31 PM
If you had source that would make you as stable as p99 so you can get off the ground the right way, you would be singing a totally different tune.

For example, every new EQemu server that has ever came out (that mattered) has never had Quillmane working within the first month. Not even P99.

Why the shit does every person who wants to run an EQ server have to fix the SAME EXACT SHIT that has plagued every single new Emu server? We have no options because of it. People like Vile don't want to deal with that bullshit. People with tremendous ability don't even want to take part in it because of the greedy nature of bug fixing. Why spend 2 years wasting your life on problems that have been fixed over 20 times in the past year? It makes no sense, even with someone with great ability.

When you crowdsource issues, exploits, bugs, spawns, droprates, etc all these problems become the past. Because of the greed and stupidity, we have absolutely no options to play on a legitimate server.

Can't wait to play on the next pvp server where staff and shit code result in a terrible play experience.

Put Red99 in beta, we have been playing on worse piles of shit and love every second of it.

Although i do not like you personally i think what you have said is a really sad and little known fact that really should have more light shed on it. You are absolutely correct - Take Project 1999 for example, I understand that people like Nilbog and Karnas put years of their lives into the code of our box and how much effort they have put into it but what is really the point if you don't use the code to further the Eqemu project as a whole? Imagine what kind of great balanced, stable servers we could have other then Project 1999 if Rogean/Nilbog shared the code. They are great people and Nilbog is a great developer and project manager but i do not understand this whole developer isolation thing.

Macken
06-25-2011, 05:44 PM
6/24/11

Never Forget

Pretty much summed it all up. Well said ^

Knuckle
06-25-2011, 06:08 PM
glad i quit this shit box at level 4

solid
06-25-2011, 06:19 PM

signed

Amuk
06-25-2011, 08:31 PM
I had some fun on Stasis, wasn't a complete waste of time and got my EQ fix in while I wait for red99. I don't think Image/devnoob were totally awful gms, they helped fix/patch a lot of shit and were very active with the server.

Doesn't make much sense to me to ban someone over nuking behind a zoneline even if it was intentional, as far as im concerned in-game mechanic exploits shouldn't even be punishable - delete the progress/remove anything received patch it and move on. Duping is possibly an exception to this as I'm sure there are a few others, regardless I won't be wasting anymore of my time on little emu projects with no credible staff - tired of low population shitty servers that are destined to be turned off.

JayDee
06-26-2011, 05:23 AM
but i do not understand this whole developer isolation thing.

Don't play stupid

Nirgon
06-26-2011, 10:08 AM

Imo lend your services to the greater good of red99

fiegi
06-26-2011, 12:04 PM
yea image and his guys were doing a good job, but their true colors showed forth on how they are blue at heart and gave in to constant petitions when someone dominates the pvp aspect of the game. Then banning for someone getting feared behind a zoneline and nuking back is just drop dead laughable. There is no future for "pvp" on that box thats for sure. I'll defintely still log on and train people tho for a few minutes a day they got that going for em.

Slave
06-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Macken is like those horrible skits on SNL that they just keep doing even though they suck. Like, they must think they're funny or else they wouldn't keep trying to do them, but every time you see those horrible characters you groan.

Vile
06-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Imo lend your services to the greater good of red99

I don't think they're interested in help.. no one has really heard shit about this box.

fiegi
06-26-2011, 12:41 PM
red 99 = dont ask dont tell

Abacab "The REAL truth"
06-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Kings and Bandits falling through?

Y'all should've jumped on my bandwagon the moment I brought completely fucked up resists, durations, combat and quests to IRC; but if it took you another week to realize that this server is going no where then I guess a little masochism isn't all that bad.

Macken
06-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Macken is like those horrible skits on SNL that they just keep doing even though they suck. Like, they must think they're funny or else they wouldn't keep trying to do them, but every time you see those horrible characters you groan.

6/24/11

Never Forget

Lazortag
06-26-2011, 05:17 PM

If you made p99 open source, someone could just start a rival classic server because of some petty grievance they have with a GM. This is literally the worst possible idea anyone could ever have.

Abacab "The REAL truth"
06-26-2011, 05:36 PM
If you made p99 open source, someone could just start a rival classic server because of some petty grievance they have with a GM. This is literally the worst possible idea anyone could ever have.

You're such a commie bro

You do understand that if rival servers pop up overnight it would be in this servers best interest? Do you not understand how many trolls, griefers, and asshats would migrate simply due to a fresh start or a more liberal rule set? Do you not understand that if there were rival servers P99 would probably step up in the development area due to more time and resources devoted away from in-game petitions?

solid
06-26-2011, 05:40 PM

The notion that anyone with p99 code could just start a rival server is silly; of course, I'm not taking what the word 'rival' entails lightly. You're giving no credit to the community or the leadership of the server. Furthermore, you're missing the point of open source.

Lazortag
06-26-2011, 06:12 PM
I could honestly just repeat what I've already said and that would be an effective rebuttal to the two posts above me.

What if someone gets suspended for a petty offense and they leave the server? What if someone gets banned by accident or unjustly, and then they go to the "rival" server that someone sets up instead of trying to go through the petition system here? It's not just griefers and dickheads who you'd lose. What about people who are completely new to eqemu and have no idea which server came first?

If anything p99 needs more population, not less, and starting up a second server at this point would be very destructive.

JayDee
06-26-2011, 07:44 PM
yeah seriously, why don't the devs want to give away the code they worked on so diligently and share profits with potential competitors who have no barriers of entry.

solid
06-26-2011, 07:46 PM
I could honestly just repeat what I've already said and that would be an effective rebuttal to the two posts above me.

What if someone gets suspended for a petty offense and they leave the server? What if someone gets banned by accident or unjustly, and then they go to the "rival" server that someone sets up instead of trying to go through the petition system here? It's not just griefers and dickheads who you'd lose. What about people who are completely new to eqemu and have no idea which server came first?

If anything p99 needs more population, not less, and starting up a second server at this point would be very destructive.

You're reaching. And I still don't think you adequately understand the pros/cons of open source.

Rushmore
06-26-2011, 10:03 PM
red 99 = dont ask dont tell

http://turbo.indyposted.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Dont_ask_dont_tell_1.jpg

Rust1d?
06-26-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm not going to blame anyone and this is by no means pointed towards anyone, but the reason why these servers fail, mainly pvp, is because of the players. For some reason, they feel like they have to hack, cheat, exploit a 12 year old game in order to have fun. If people did not cheat, these servers would be fun to play and have a healthy population.

It does not help that some GM's abuse their power and act like "mall cops". I believe having good GM's and a dedicated staff is essential, but having players who are here to play and re-live their times on live without cheating is the core of the community.

Macken
06-26-2011, 10:38 PM
Bardalicious has proven once again, that there will always be cheaters.

Hope better placed in another basket.

Bardalicious
06-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Lulz @ other thread locked.

Email me here: ralloszek2012@gmail.com

If you play Kings and Bandits server. I have leet strategy guides for pvp bros.

Rushmore
06-26-2011, 11:36 PM
I'm not going to blame anyone and this is by no means pointed towards anyone, but the reason why these servers fail, mainly pvp, is because of the players. For some reason, they feel like they have to hack, cheat, exploit a 12 year old game in order to have fun. If people did not cheat, these servers would be fun to play and have a healthy population.

It does not help that some GM's abuse their power and act like "mall cops". I believe having good GM's and a dedicated staff is essential, but having players who are here to play and re-live their times on live without cheating is the core of the community.

Mostly in my opinion is that for every previous pvp box. The host of those boxes won't share information to the next. We just start from the ground........ END and repeat. Always the same problems.

Rushmore
06-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Furthermore the faggots you speak of always lose. Even if its temporary.

Yes they may or may not get banned. But some do.

And then a very interesting thing always happens. People ban together and beat there ass. As they cheat they still lose. It's always an accepted challenge I take on personally from box to box.

Lazortag
06-27-2011, 12:52 AM
You're reaching. And I still don't think you adequately understand the pros/cons of open source.

Just go to the FoH forums and read the thread about p99. Read the gigantic circle jerk about how Salty should start his own classic server from whiners who openly admit that they train, use cheats, multi box, etc., and want to be able to do so with impunity on a server run by someone who does all of those same things. I just think they shouldn't get that satisfaction, and no one wants p99 to be associated with that. Furthermore it makes no sense for p99 to give away its source to its competitors. I think anyone can see how idiotic that is. Let other servers work for a comparable population instead of being lazy and stealing someone else's hard work.

Haul
06-27-2011, 01:25 AM
WTB Red99

solid
06-27-2011, 02:16 AM
Just go to the FoH forums and read the thread about p99. Read the gigantic circle jerk about how Salty should start his own classic server from whiners who openly admit that they train, use cheats, multi box, etc., and want to be able to do so with impunity on a server run by someone who does all of those same things. I just think they shouldn't get that satisfaction, and no one wants p99 to be associated with that. Furthermore it makes no sense for p99 to give away its source to its competitors. I think anyone can see how idiotic that is. Let other servers work for a comparable population instead of being lazy and stealing someone else's hard work.

Yeah, you clearly just don't see the efficiency gains from open source.

Lazortag
06-27-2011, 02:33 AM
... Furthermore, you're missing the point of open source.

... And I still don't think you adequately understand the pros/cons of open source.

Yeah, you clearly just don't see the efficiency gains from open source.

Saying it often enough won't make it true.

Solid either you're trolling me or you're being very obtuse. You haven't actually responded to anything I said, you just repeated the same thing for three posts.

solid
06-27-2011, 03:22 AM
Rly just don't feel like explaining open source to you, was hoping maybe you'd do some autodidacting.

I guess just think of Encyclopedia Britannica vs. Wikipedia and you tell me which model worked out better for everyone. Isolationist or open source.

Akim
06-27-2011, 04:02 AM
wikipedia is bullshit - some of the bs came from me - i would know

solid
06-27-2011, 04:41 AM
wikipedia is bullshit - some of the bs came from me - i would know

Irrelevant. Point here is that it was a huge success thanks to open sourcing. It wouldn't have been shit w/o open sourcing.

The efficiency gains through open sourcing are staggering, and to argue against it is to try and defend an aging model that is producing embarrassingly poor results in comparison.

Lazortag
06-27-2011, 04:54 AM
Irrelevant. Point here is that it was a huge success thanks to open sourcing. It wouldn't have been shit w/o open sourcing.

The efficiency gains through open sourcing are staggering, and to argue against it is to try and defend an aging model that is producing embarrassingly poor results in comparison.

What "efficiency gains"? People can still submit code fixes to the devs by editing the relevant section of the PEQ code, they just can't copy the p99 code and make their own p99 clone. The harms of that outweigh any argument you can come up with in favour of making p99 open source.

solid
06-27-2011, 05:07 AM
Who would start from PEQ code ground-zero and try to fix bugs on a server that's already advanced far beyond that? I know I certainly wouldn't waste my time. The efficiency gains occur when potential devs are at the same starting point (p99 code), to insure any work they're doing is actually work and not something that's already been done. Furthermore, more competition is certainly better for the player community, but I guess you're only looking at it from the pov of the devs- which is fine.

Finally, I think the idea of a p99 clone popping up and ruining the server is alarmist and ultimately a joke. Again, you're giving no credit to the community or the leadership of this server.

Danien
06-27-2011, 06:54 AM
What "efficiency gains"? People can still submit code fixes to the devs by editing the relevant section of the PEQ code, they just can't copy the p99 code and make their own p99 clone. The harms of that outweigh any argument you can come up with in favour of making p99 open source.

So just to be clear; What you're saying is if the source code was Open Source the competition between possible new servers and P99 is very bad for the players? I mean I understand why the staff of P99 wouldn't be willing to share their code, they have put a lot of work into it and want to reap the benefits.

However from a customers/users point of view I can't think of a single example where Monopoly is beneficial in the long run. If you have rivals competing for customers they will need to keep them interested with improvements, developments and continous support. If the customers expectations aren't met they will consider their options (Which in this case simply don't exist).

Ps. Regarding making changes based of PEQ-code, it's like trying to make repairs based off schematics of an old house which have went through several cycles of significant renovation. They simply are not relevant anymore.

Rust1d?
06-27-2011, 01:30 PM
It is just so stupid that all of the developers are all trying to reach the same goal, yet they will take a different path to get there. Then when they get there, they are like a kid with a ball who does not want to share. I guess that is why game companies are always having issues such as Infinity ward and activision.

p99 would be a great starting point and most of the work is done, it just needs to be adjusted for pvp. Why keep starting from scratch? What sort of "fame" do these neckbeards think they will get by hogging the code? I got news for them, it is not even their damn code! The code belongs to 989 studios and their developers. So basically you steal someones code, then when you finally get it working they way you want, you will not share it and force people who want a pvp server to start all over? hese mouth-breating dev's are lucky SoE does not even care or you'd be paying fines for the rest of your lives...

Vile
06-27-2011, 04:17 PM
lol @ anyone who thinks open source is bad

Bardalicious
06-27-2011, 04:46 PM

fiegi
06-27-2011, 04:54 PM

bakkily
06-27-2011, 04:56 PM
figure i wanna talk on the pvp chat, so hows this soso new pvp server?

Knuckle
06-27-2011, 04:59 PM

Salty
06-27-2011, 07:46 PM
It is just so stupid that all of the developers are all trying to reach the same goal, yet they will take a different path to get there. Then when they get there, they are like a kid with a ball who does not want to share. I guess that is why game companies are always having issues such as Infinity ward and activision.

p99 would be a great starting point and most of the work is done, it just needs to be adjusted for pvp. Why keep starting from scratch? What sort of "fame" do these neckbeards think they will get by hogging the code? I got news for them, it is not even their damn code! The code belongs to 989 studios and their developers. So basically you steal someones code, then when you finally get it working they way you want, you will not share it and force people who want a pvp server to start all over? hese mouth-breating dev's are lucky SoE does not even care or you'd be paying fines for the rest of your lives...

<3

Sniperfire
06-27-2011, 08:53 PM
this thread went places i must say i would never have thought

Rust1d?
06-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Could you imagine the community we would have if everyone just worked together on one project? As much as I like KaB, the population is pretty thin. The only place I see anyone is MM castle leveling my lowbie or Shadowrest.

Titanuk
07-01-2011, 12:12 AM

i sry, i always be fukin up homes

JayDee
07-01-2011, 12:16 AM

Will never be a CEO of any company

solid
07-01-2011, 03:09 AM
Will never be a CEO of any company

Yeah, people like Jimmy Wales, Brian Joseph, and Larry Page all ran their companies into the ground thanks to open source.

Oh wait, that's bullshit and so was your point. You're either ill-informed or a boring troll.

JayDee
07-01-2011, 03:44 AM
What a discovery. I commend you on your google search skills and besides the fact that you have not made any clarification as to how this business model will work for p99, clearly the widely recognized references you provided will suffice.

You could teach me a thing or two. I thought having an MBA would give me some kind of insight but it pales in comparison to your superior wikipedia navigational know-how.

I bow to you

solid
07-01-2011, 03:54 AM
Lol. Kinda hope you're trolling. Not trying to be a dick here, but if an MBA is going to try to use a quasi-economic argument like you did a few pages ago and then conveniently ignore the fact that closed economies are inherently inefficient (100 level ECO class?) then I just don't know what to say. Makes me feel sadder for our education system than you personally. :(

JayDee
07-01-2011, 04:45 AM
Straw man

Revenue is high and operating expenses are relatively low. The market is sustainable as long as there are enough willing consumers to counterbalance the costs.

You are saying the incentive to Rogean deliberately introducing competitors into the market is code optimization? The people of p99 are perfectly content with the rate at which things are being executed.

This is not even academic. It is practical shit that even a naive person like you should be able to process.

Sniperfire
07-01-2011, 04:49 AM
solid bro stop encouraging this prick im bored

JayDee
07-01-2011, 04:59 AM
Go grow some more pot and have monumental breakdowns over video games, sniper.

JayDee
07-01-2011, 05:00 AM
Irrefutable evidence that pot increases estrogen levels

solid
07-01-2011, 05:07 AM
Straw man

Revenue is high and operating expenses are relatively low. The market is sustainable as long as there are enough willing consumers to counterbalance the costs.

You are saying the incentive to Rogean deliberately introducing competitors into the market is code optimization? The people of p99 are perfectly content with the rate at which things are being executed.

This is not even academic. It is practical shit that even a naive person like you should be able to process.

I'm not necessarily saying the GMs have any incentive, at all actually, to open source this project. As you should know, having an MBA and all, that of course administration w/ monopoly status aren't going to want to change the status quo. In fact, they relish in its inefficiencies. I understand why they haven't open sourced the project and probably will not; it's also the reason I haven't gone out of my way to prove it would be beneficial. There's no genuine profit motive here, and there isn't any real competition, so it makes much more sense to them to just work at their own pace and fix what they deem worthy etc etc etc. Even though, at the end of the day, it stagnates the project and yields perpetual inefficiencies.

What I'm saying is much simpler: for the good of the project- of course it should be open sourced. It's silly to say any different. But again, it's clear the focus of the server isn't to be as efficient as possible. It really just seems like a pride thing. I'm sure they get a lot of gratification in fixing the bugs/content completely in-house. Doesn't mean its the most efficient route possible, nor should it be the direction this server is taking.

solid bro stop encouraging this prick im bored

You're right. I'm arguing w/ an MBA that doesn't know the difference between normative/positive views on things. Where did my life go wrong?

JayDee
07-01-2011, 05:15 AM
I accept your apology

solid
07-01-2011, 05:21 AM
I accept that I was trolled into talking economics w/ an MBA from university of phoenix.

JayDee
07-01-2011, 05:34 AM
You were the one who inadvertently admitted to trolling, my dear friend.

Very eloquent way with words, I might add. Your command of the English language is almost as impressive as your internet scouring prowess.

And with that I bid you good night

solid
07-01-2011, 06:26 AM
u r rly dum 4 real

Sniperfire
07-01-2011, 09:22 AM
u r rly dum 4 real

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX_65i1ipQQ

lethdar
07-01-2011, 10:53 AM
u r rly dum 4 real

fo real

JayDee
07-01-2011, 01:08 PM
beat him in game and on the forums

only natural he vents

solid
07-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Calm down nonfactor, we weren't even arguing the same point. I think the conversation kind of got over your head; alarming to see reading comprehension wasn't required for an MBA at w/e online university you attended.

Finally, I've yet to see an unedited SS proof of you besting on me on any box. Until then, you'll just be one of those pathetic nuthangers who follows me around threads and claims to have slayed me.

JayDee
07-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Not looking for converts.

To be honest I don't know who you are nor do I give a shit. Just some faggot I killed while minding my own on 1.0 as far as I'm concerned.

solid
07-01-2011, 09:33 PM
no ss, didn't happen

Sniperfire
07-02-2011, 07:22 AM
i found this on the lol forums its a petition and a good one bros

http://s45.radikal.ru/i110/1106/e8/f48bec88fa03.jpg