PDA

View Full Version : Bard- Can macros mimic melody?

Zenren
07-07-2022, 04:16 PM
I have been playing a bard on TLP and I am really enjoying it, which leads me to want to start one on P99, my only question is whether or not I can get similar effects from macros that you get out of melodies on TLP. I would rather not experience carpal tunnel so if this is a class that actually requires constant ability clicking, it probably would not be my cup of tea for P99.

caveslug
07-07-2022, 07:44 PM
I would advise to get a wrist brace if you want to play a bard here.

Sizar
07-07-2022, 07:58 PM
simple hotkeys that include:
/stop song
/cast 1

etc...make things very doable and not painful at all

loramin
07-07-2022, 08:01 PM
I would advise to get a wrist brace if you want to play a bard here.

branamil
07-07-2022, 10:06 PM
No, because "fizzles" (missed notes) means you'll have to press the macro again anyways.

(Fizzles which are the second shittiest gameplay design in EQ)

sideshow
08-13-2022, 06:52 AM
You can make macros but they are to clunky to be viable. The biggest reason is d/t missed notes like branamil stated. I had a macro i made for speed and levitate that i used with some success for travel, mostly over water. Defiantly not reliable enough for battle.

Troxx
08-15-2022, 02:37 PM
No, because "fizzles" (missed notes) means you'll have to press the macro again anyways.

(Fizzles which are the second shittiest gameplay design in EQ)

This.

Yes you can ghetto macro it but one fizzle messes up your shizzle until the macro has run its full course.

battins
08-16-2022, 02:00 AM
You can terminate a macro that is running by clicking on any macro in the social window such as /time or /loc. You can also use macros while casting a spell if you click them directly in that social window (i. e. /pet get lost)

zelld52
08-19-2022, 12:26 PM
simple hotkeys that include:
/stop song
/cast 1

etc...make things very doable and not painful at all

This is the way.

Selos?
/stopsong
/cast 8

Heal?
/stopsong
/cast 4

etc, etc, etc. I don't use spell gems on bard, because every single one starts with /stopsong first.