PDA

View Full Version : L50 Cleric Leveling

Rose Bloodorchid
07-02-2022, 05:51 PM
Hallo!

I have returned from something like a 4 year break and am trying to get back in the hang of things! I am looking for places to XP as a Level 50 Cleric. I feel like I may be a bit low for Karnors, but spent some time there LFG anyway and then was looking for other places to group or even solo. There doesn't seem to be much activity though and I am having trouble connecting with people to get a party rolling :D Any suggestions on where the best place would be for finding a group as a 50 cleric or even somewhere decent to solo?

cd288
07-02-2022, 06:18 PM
You’re not too low for karnors, groups just don’t need more than one healer. There are usually like 5 groups going there so just have to hang out and wait for a healer spot to open. Velks sometimes has random groups, same with seb. Or make a group and go to the hole

mcoy
07-02-2022, 08:08 PM
If you're feeling like some soloing, you can grab some xp on the dead side of guk. I did most of 50 camping a tbb in ass/sup.

-Mcoy

Rose Bloodorchid
07-03-2022, 06:29 PM
Thank you both for the suggestions! I was actually wandering around guk when i posted this and then gated back to KC and managed to find a group :D

Toxigen
07-06-2022, 02:11 PM
Yeah just leave /lfg up it shouldn't take long during peak hours as a cleric.

Don't forget to look out for enchanters to duo with either. If they're even remotely competent that'll be your best bet by far for xp.

Gustoo
07-06-2022, 06:48 PM
I suggest crawling Lguk like a true priest.

Once you get the spawns broken up it’s pretty good or you just slow mo lull and kill in a corner one guy at a time. It’s really fun slaying frogs

Bardp1999
07-12-2022, 02:14 AM
Unfortunately, P99 really falls to shit 50-60 for grouping. The grind makes people very min/max. For pick up groups you are destined to live in KC, but as a Cleric you should try to find an enchanter or necro and hunt in Charasis, but you will have to find someone to work with.

cd288
07-12-2022, 03:46 PM
I have a lvl 50 Ench down to duo if there's a good place to do it

Allishia
07-12-2022, 03:48 PM
Epic mages are an awesome duo for clr too :p

cd288
07-12-2022, 11:32 PM
Do t you try to steal my new duo partner

Crede
07-13-2022, 01:40 AM
Try the undead spectre wizards in TT. should be able to blow em pretty easily. Pay Druids to potg you in EJ. The donation cost of potg is well worth the xp gain.

Allishia
07-13-2022, 08:50 AM
Do t you try to steal my new duo partner

Lol

Rose Bloodorchid
07-13-2022, 11:05 AM
I got some help to get a seb key last night and have my HS key, so i feel like my options are expanding. Thank you all super much for the input! :3

Kiithsa
07-13-2022, 12:31 PM
There are 3 skeletons that spawn in Dreadlands, along the wall just past the Frontier Mtns zoneline. Nice safe spot to solo. Respawns are pretty quick and you can sit high up on the wall to med.

eisley
07-14-2022, 05:52 AM
Alright, posting this may upset some folks, but there is one spot you can solo a Cleric 49-60, and it's much faster than grouping.

Ideal pre-setups - Donals Bracer, DawnFire, Manastone, WC cap or OT hammer. Bind on top of the UT ceiling, jump there from the right on the outside cubby (Yael Ledge).

Now, facing out towards the way to docks, go to the back right of the ceiling and you may see Keeper of the Seals. Next to him is a door to... the UT basement.

Congrats, 6 mobs, all 45 undead, super low resists, super easy, huge ZEM, and with a manastone you can kill another one just outside the door, and even some wanderers or Kindle in the tower.
DawnFire + chain Undead Nuke. Stun or root if you want. Way more fun tan AFKing in KC groups.

cd288
07-14-2022, 10:35 AM
There are 3 skeletons that spawn in Dreadlands, along the wall just past the Frontier Mtns zoneline. Nice safe spot to solo. Respawns are pretty quick and you can sit high up on the wall to med.

Granted I have never soloed a cleric through the 50s but those skels might be hard. In my experience they have a lot of HP for their level (they are Greater Plaguebones right? so they have like 3.5k-4k HP, it's quite a high amount). And Cleric undead spell in low 50s is like what 500 damage and 225 mana?

Ripqozko
07-14-2022, 10:52 AM
Alright, posting this may upset some folks, but you can just half afk in KC groups like everyone else. Hope that helps. C u real soon at hands

cd288
07-14-2022, 10:56 AM
Alright, posting this may upset some folks, but you can just half afk in KC groups like everyone else. Hope that helps. C u real soon at hands

The downside to being one of the important but more active classes like tank or puller. Everyone else just gets to leech off you (I'll give the healer a pass since they're important). I honestly don't like grouping on my Monk for this reason. I spend hours pulling nonstop while other people sit watching Netflix and if I'm a bit slower than they like they get attitude.

Monk pulling meta doesnt even make sense on P99 because people get annoyed if you try to use FD to split mobs because it slows things down. They're just like "bring them all we'll CC"...but then why does the Monk always have to pull?

Toxigen
07-14-2022, 05:24 PM
Just find an enchanter with half a brain.

Ripqozko
07-14-2022, 05:35 PM
Just find an enchanter with half a brain.

Enchanter can also half afk in said KC group , buff then afk.

Jimjam
07-14-2022, 05:51 PM
The downside to being one of the important but more active classes like tank or puller. Everyone else just gets to leech off you (I'll give the healer a pass since they're important). I honestly don't like grouping on my Monk for this reason. I spend hours pulling nonstop while other people sit watching Netflix and if I'm a bit slower than they like they get attitude.

Monk pulling meta doesnt even make sense on P99 because people get annoyed if you try to use FD to split mobs because it slows things down. They're just like "bring them all we'll CC"...but then why does the Monk always have to pull?

Doesn’t bother me. I like pulling.

Rose Bloodorchid
07-15-2022, 12:50 AM
I met a super cool enchanter in KC the other day who was great at both pulling and cc :3 I also have had the opportunity to duo with a chanty and also a mage both of whom were also fantastic c:

eisley
07-15-2022, 04:03 AM
I mostly leveled my Necro 50-60 in KC basement, duoing with random people. It was just so much fun. Get a lvl 50 soldier, use Tome of the Eternals, Staff of Undead legions, Tola Robe, and usual resist gear on pet. Keep manaskin up. just coast thru the turkey loop using rest the dead for easy singles.

Eery time you get back in the loop to where your pet was from, FD it, or another easy way to heal is is to root it and spam Rest the Dead til it blurs (yes, rest the dead and ST both blur)

Keep it hasted too. because, crucially, you aren't using Manaskin to ST. Youre using it t FD and immediatey stand and ST or recharm. (it'll go onto your partner)

Incredibly safe. All I did was Lull, root, send pet, click Soul Well over and over.

Been a long time since Monk was best puller for exp groups. Lets take KC Bodyguards. No question here, Bard/Necro/Sk/Enc/Cleric/Druid/Ranger/Paladin all better.

Seb King? I'd put monks tied at passable, but certainly nothing special. Necro, Enchanter, SK can all pull it easier. But yeah, without a doubt, Necro/SK are the best at pulling King. Enc takes a bit more waiting around.

I actually think the best way to camp King now is the way we did it on live. In the room with the platform. Only kill PH and log out. Get adds to be either Priest or Warrior. Rapture an add to get king down, Dictate or mez the other, burn the ph, log out.

This is best for those who have spent a lot of time at King though. People who know the roam paths, know that only one comes to a certain spot, and don't want to farm Shrooms, just kill he PH.

Toxigen
07-15-2022, 08:53 AM
Got a cobalt bracer off a shroom at King a bit ago tho.

Wurf

Danth
07-15-2022, 11:54 AM
They're just like "bring them all we'll CC"...but then why does the Monk always have to pull?

Monk can still flop if he gets too many or if pathing glitches out.

Jimjam
07-15-2022, 12:21 PM

That is actually a good point. Sometimes when pulling knights/protectors in KC their pathing can get a bit silly.

cd288
07-16-2022, 02:26 PM

Yeah but that’s my point. In most dungeons it doesn’t matter because the group doesn’t care if you even bring like 8 mobs or whatever. They want as many as you can bring at once and they will mez and root them in camp that way other groups can’t contest them.

The only place where I think a monk is really helpful for pulling these days is velks

Danth
07-16-2022, 05:33 PM
Sure, the utility of such safety features depends on where you're at, that's a given. As you say, there are a lot of situations where anyone could pull. There's probably an element of community inertia at work too, but in this case that's probably alright. Someone's got to pull so why not leave it to the guy who picked a character that effectively advertises he likes that job? It's nice to spread stuff around rather than dump it all on one or two people while everyone else is sits around efficiently bored.

Danth

Allishia
07-20-2022, 01:39 PM
Sure, the utility of such safety features depends on where you're at, that's a given. As you say, there are a lot of situations where anyone could pull. There's probably an element of community inertia at work too, but in this case that's probably alright. Someone's got to pull so why not leave it to the guy who picked a character that effectively advertises he likes that job? It's nice to spread stuff around rather than dump it all on one or two people while everyone else is sits around efficiently bored.

Danth

Pulling on wizard is the most fun. Eye of zom + epic rune and root bahahaha....only killed my groups 1/3rd of the time so better than usual /nod