PDA

View Full Version : Question about Tracking

GruulPonza
06-27-2022, 12:36 AM
Does anyone know if you can track players if they are invis?

mcoy
06-27-2022, 08:54 AM
Does anyone know if you can track players if they are invis?

I just tested with my ranger against a druid in Highpass - they were visible on track before and after, and yes I refreshed track in-between.

Not sure if it's dependent on skill - ranger is only level 22 though so track isn't that skilled.

-Mcoy

DeathsSilkyMist
06-27-2022, 09:24 AM
I just tested with my ranger against a druid in Highpass - they were visible on track before and after, and yes I refreshed track in-between.

Not sure if it's dependent on skill - ranger is only level 22 though so track isn't that skilled.

-Mcoy

I could be wrong, but I believe the tracking skill only increases the range of your tracking as it improves. It doesn't change what you can or can't track.

Elizondo
06-30-2022, 11:57 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe the tracking skill only increases the range of your tracking as it improves. It doesn't change what you can or can't track.

Think of each point as a yard (radius)

For example: Druids are stuck at 20 skill in Classic era. You can see mobs farther than you can track them.

Jethro45
08-24-2022, 11:27 PM
I could be mistaken, but I think that when your tracking talent develops, the area you can track only gets larger. What you can or cannot track is unaffected.

Troxx
08-25-2022, 12:00 AM
I remember forever ago on Sullon Zek pvp server I was playing a lower level dark elf warrior. Went to greater faydark for some low level pvp. Was getting my ass kicked by a low level ranger. I stopped attack, hit hide, and didn’t move.

The Ranger knew I was still there … tracking me. Kept running around but always came back to where I was standing hidden.

Yes … you can track invisible people :)