PDA

View Full Version : Mage epic - no longer possible to complete?

Kennyref
06-21-2022, 02:32 AM
Hello fellow EQ players,

I played a mage on live back in 1999-2002, long story short I never managed to complete my mage epic, and now I'm back to experience all of EQ again with the ambition to complete that goal, once again.

Had a few chats with people on my selected server (Blue), and they all told me that there is no point in even going for it (roll another character if you are interested in obtaining your epic), obviously, this lowered my morale somewhat.

I have no idea if it's true, but apparently, there is a very small group of people "living in Hate, farming the Earth staff - constantly". Selling it for Multiquest for a minimum of 800k plat.

I have no idea if this is true, and this is obviously within their right as the spawns are contested.

But for a level 1 mage who is about to start a new journey, am I totally screwed when it comes to obtaining the mage epic? Also, would it be in my best interest to roll on Green instead?

I'm not in a rush, I just want to have a realistic chance of having a fantastic journey and ultimately reaching my goal.

Thanks for any input/advice!

Jimjam
06-21-2022, 03:33 AM
Most guilds have a wide range of tools to assist you in the quest, including things like shared ranger accounts parked in hate to help you check for spawns.

It isn’t easy, it is very competitive, but it isn’t impossible.

Zoolander
06-21-2022, 04:01 AM
"living in Hate, farming the Earth staff - constantly". Selling it for Multiquest for a minimum of 800k plat.

i see a more serious issue in above quote.

PatChapp
06-21-2022, 04:59 AM
Green is the same in regards to earth staff drops. Couple enchanters farm the minis pretty hard, mq sells for big plat.
It's not impossible,but I wouldn't make a character and put all my eggs on getting a drop

Kennyref
06-21-2022, 05:07 AM
Thanks for your input.

Hopefully, I can find a way despite the current prerequisites.

Rikex - Level one (1) gnome mage starting his journey today!

Spithridates
06-21-2022, 06:54 AM
I wouldn't get discouraged. You have such a long journey to get there, have faith you'll make friends and guildies along the way. Its a tough bottle-neck for sure but you'll have plenty of challenges in the meantime.

Allishia
06-21-2022, 08:21 AM
I finally got mage epic on my alt last year. Made her in 2015 and I've raided pretty active...it can happen just don't get in a hurry lol...best chance is join raid guild and save dkp /nod

Kennyref
06-21-2022, 09:15 AM
You guys are obviously in the right, thanks for the encouragement!

Also, big grats on your achievement Allishia! Happy for you :)

cd288
06-21-2022, 12:46 PM
It's going to take you awhile for sure.

First off, it's obviously a rare spawn. Given what it drops, it's heavily contested. So you need to basically join the top 1 or 2 raid guild on the server to guarantee the most wins on contesting the mob. Then you need to raid for quite awhile to accumulate a large amount of DKP sufficient to outbid other members of the guild who might bid on it. Then you need to hope it drops (very rare drop IIRC).

All of these things amount to it being very difficult and time consuming (in particular the need to raid for a long time with the number 1 or 2 guild on the server to accumulate sufficient DKP). It's doable, but you're going to need to basically dedicate your life to raiding on P99 for awhile.

Castle2.0
06-21-2022, 12:57 PM
Hello fellow EQ players,

I played a mage on live back in 1999-2002, long story short I never managed to complete my mage epic, and now I'm back to experience all of EQ again with the ambition to complete that goal, once again.

Had a few chats with people on my selected server (Blue), and they all told me that there is no point in even going for it (roll another character if you are interested in obtaining your epic), obviously, this lowered my morale somewhat.

I have no idea if it's true, but apparently, there is a very small group of people "living in Hate, farming the Earth staff - constantly". Selling it for Multiquest for a minimum of 800k plat.

I have no idea if this is true, and this is obviously within their right as the spawns are contested.

But for a level 1 mage who is about to start a new journey, am I totally screwed when it comes to obtaining the mage epic? Also, would it be in my best interest to roll on Green instead?

I'm not in a rush, I just want to have a realistic chance of having a fantastic journey and ultimately reaching my goal.

Thanks for any input/advice!

Wait for new server. Camp a manastone or two. Make a trade.

loramin
06-21-2022, 01:18 PM
Wait for new server. Camp a manastone or two. Make a trade.

Don't sleep for a week, share accounts with someone who sleeps when you don't, or cheat ... easy! ;)

loramin
06-21-2022, 01:34 PM
Most guilds have a wide range of tools to assist you in the quest, including things like shared ranger accounts parked in hate to help you check for spawns.

It isn’t easy, it is very competitive, but it isn’t impossible.

This.

But honestly, I'd recommend not joining a big guild, and going for a smaller one instead. For instance, on Green when a quake happens the big guilds go after the big targets like Sleeper's, TOV, or KT ... but smaller guilds like Castle do Hate.

You can get a Magi in a big guild: I'm in Kingdom and we got one last week ... after I spent over a week tracking (I work from home, so that means sitting with EQ open, and clicking the track button every 10 seconds or so all day long, every 3 days after a quake and roughly 3 days after that) ... and then after we barely beat another guild racing for it.

But every quake it seems Castle races up there, and gets any Magis that spawn all to themselves. Since the staff is doing a lot more quakes these days, I truly think they (or a similar guild of their size, ie. big enough to raid hate whenever a quake happens, but not big enough to compete with the Seal Teams and Kingdoms) is best for a mage wanting an epic.

Castle2.0
06-21-2022, 01:48 PM
I mostly enjoyed my time in a big guild, Black Lotus. But some of the crap I heard coming out of other big guilds... yikes.

You can also think about it like this:

Option A: Spend 1 year on someone else's schedule, responding to batphones, long stretches of time raiding... hoping the politics work out and the guild doesn't disband (making your DKP useless) so that you might one day get it

Option B: Spend 1 year on your own schedule, camping what you want to camp, slowly building up plat to buy it

You'd be amazed what you can do slowly over a period of time. I achieved the fastest 1-50 in P99 history with that approach.

See here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374910

Bardp1999
06-21-2022, 02:21 PM
The mage staff is neckbearded hard, but perhaps you can befriend the farm crew, I am sure they are reasonable people

loramin
06-21-2022, 02:24 PM
I mostly enjoyed my time in a big guild, Black Lotus. But some of the crap I heard coming out of other big guilds... yikes.

You can also think about it like this:

Option A: Spend 1 year on someone else's schedule, responding to batphones, long stretches of time raiding... hoping the politics work out and the guild doesn't disband (making your DKP useless) so that you might one day get it

Option B: Spend 1 year on your own schedule, camping what you want to camp, slowly building up plat to buy it

You'd be amazed what you can do slowly over a period of time. I achieved the fastest 1-50 in P99 history with that approach.

See here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374910

Wow: I literally recommended that someone join Castle ... and in the very next post "Castle 2.0" tells them to go farm plat instead :eek:

Allishia
06-21-2022, 02:26 PM
Wow: I literally recommended that someone join Castle, and in the very next post "Castle 2.0" tells people to go farm plat instead :eek:

Lol I love how he managed to include his leveled 1-50 thing too :p

loramin
06-21-2022, 02:26 PM
Lol I love how he managed to include his leveled 1-50 thing too :p

:)

Pint
06-21-2022, 04:09 PM
These ppl are all lying to you. You will not start a mage and finish your epic on either p99 server unless you are very very sweaty. If finishing an epic is important to you then go play on takp or play a different class.

loramin
06-21-2022, 04:21 PM
These ppl are all lying to you. You will not start a mage and finish your epic on either p99 server unless you are very very sweaty. If finishing an epic is important to you then go play on takp or play a different class.

Man, I haven't seen a post from you in ages. :)

I'm guessing you haven't played in awhile also? If so, things aren't the same as they were in the old Blue days. Of course, the Mage epic remains a major challenge, but the abundance of quakes makes it a lot less difficult than it used to be.

Like I said, on Green Castle is going up to Hate every quake (I see them up there). Quick math: if quakes keep happening (as they have been) almost weekly, and let's say a Magi appears in 3/4 quakes, and drops an earth staff 1/3 times ... that adds up to Castle getting approximately one staff a month.

Now, you still have to be a Castle member, be on when it quakes (but again, lately that's been easy with all these weekend quakes), and you have to win the staff (I dunno if they handle it with DKP or loot council or what). And that's still only one Castle mage per month (plus however many mages who get non-quake-staves).

I don't know what your definition of "very very sweaty" is, but joining Castle (not even a top guild on the server), going on some raids to earn DKP, and then playing on weekends to catch quakes, doesn't sound all that sweaty to me ... and yet it's getting Castle (something like) one epic mage per month.

P.S. I suppose quakes aren't guaranteed to keep happening like this, but even if they halve the number of quakes, that's still one every other month ... that's not too sweaty ;)

Sizar
06-21-2022, 06:03 PM
That post is even sweaty--everything is sweaty

NegaStoat
06-21-2022, 07:10 PM
I would personally focus on a more realistic set of goals and set the Epic aside as a secondary to pursue, if you end up honestly loving your mage. The first goal would be to get your standard focus items. The next goal would be to abuse the items and race for lvl 50+. I discovered that magicians are even faster at leveling than a fear kiting necromancer on the Blue server, so that isn't a problem. Lastly, do the research and legwork needed to get some moderate help in getting your Water staff from Phinny.

If you are able to make the long haul to lvl 60 and have the Water Staff, a focused max level Greater Vocerate: Water pet can make most tricked out rogues look over at its parse and start sweating. It is very strong. If you can make it that far, then it will be up to you if the final step for the Epic is worth it.

Balimon
06-21-2022, 09:19 PM
I wouldn't count on completing the epic, but you don't need it to enjoy playing to mage. Get the baby epic focus staves, enjoy the journey to 60. This game is really about the journey anyways. If you're really serious about the epic please understand it's a massive commitment that you will likely come to resent.

Check out my guide to the epic, it has tips for getting the earth staff, and feel free to PM for more detailed info.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Kurrat%27s_Magician_Epic_Guide

red_demonman
06-22-2022, 12:06 AM
Pint is correct. Most mages that are even semi-competitive will not see their epic. It is farmed on quake and respawn by a group of dorks that already have 5+ million plat in the hopes of making another big score. The drop is extremely rare and you are competing with the farm team and all other guilds that want to help their mages.

PatChapp
06-22-2022, 06:43 AM
Mage is fun to play in spite of the epic nonsense anyway.
Feel like a superhero leveling until 55ish, raids are usually desperate for ya. Super chill play style or highly active. Fun class

Pint
06-22-2022, 08:04 AM
Man, I haven't seen a post from you in ages. :)

I'm guessing you haven't played in awhile also? If so, things aren't the same as they were in the old Blue days. Of course, the Mage epic remains a major challenge, but the abundance of quakes makes it a lot less difficult than it used to be.

Like I said, on Green Castle is going up to Hate every quake (I see them up there). Quick math: if quakes keep happening (as they have been) almost weekly, and let's say a Magi appears in 3/4 quakes, and drops an earth staff 1/3 times ... that adds up to Castle getting approximately one staff a month.

Now, you still have to be a Castle member, be on when it quakes (but again, lately that's been easy with all these weekend quakes), and you have to win the staff (I dunno if they handle it with DKP or loot council or what). And that's still only one Castle mage per month (plus however many mages who get non-quake-staves).

I don't know what your definition of "very very sweaty" is, but joining Castle (not even a top guild on the server), going on some raids to earn DKP, and then playing on weekends to catch quakes, doesn't sound all that sweaty to me ... and yet it's getting Castle (something like) one epic mage per month.

P.S. I suppose quakes aren't guaranteed to keep happening like this, but even if they halve the number of quakes, that's still one every other month ... that's not too sweaty ;)

I ported a buddy up a few weeks ago and he got a staff. I still play, but I don't raid. Don't start playing a mage if your epic is your objective. My definition of sweaty is someone who puts more hours into 99 then they do their job which is what it'll take unless you want to be still working on that epic in 2026 and still your chances are garbage bc I'll probably still be dropping friends in hate in another 4 years ; )

Ghost of Starman
06-22-2022, 04:13 PM
Like everything in end game P99, it's all about right place right time, I've seen mages get the epic within months of hitting 60, and there are mages that have been playing for years who haven't got it. If you get into a Kittens level raiding guild or above you'll have a chance at it, just depends how lucky you are.

Kennyref
06-22-2022, 04:45 PM
Haha, at least I enjoy the convo, thanks guys for your input :)

Based on your input though it will most likely not happen, I have already started my journey - and if it never does - I just have to accept it. I will do all I can though!

eisley
06-23-2022, 01:34 AM
and drops an earth staff 1/3 times ... that adds up to Castle getting approximately one staff a month.

seems closer to 1 in 10-15

cd288
06-23-2022, 10:09 AM
Yeah I'm not sure where that drop percentage of a third of the time comes from. It's a very rare drop. If you kill 3-4 magi and get a staff you are very lucky!

Pint
06-23-2022, 11:41 AM
Never trust a p99 statistic unless it came from the staff and they pulled it from the db. Including my own bc like ghost said above, you could just be that guy who got lucky. Fun side note (not actually proud of this bc I liked the guy a lot and I spent more time helping him achieve it then most of you will ever spend on your own toons) but I made asgards only epic mage so mad that he supposedly nuked the character and never played again. If you think getting mage epics today vs the farm crews is bullshit then you'd have loved competing against tmo for them back in kunark.

cd288
06-23-2022, 11:45 AM
Fun side note (not actually proud of this bc I liked the guy a lot and I spent more time helping him achieve it then most of you will ever spend on your own toons) but I made asgards only epic mage so mad that he supposedly nuked the character and never played again. If you think getting mage epics today vs the farm crews is bullshit then you'd have loved competing against tmo for them back in kunark.

You sound like a really cool, well-adjusted individual.

Pint
06-23-2022, 12:26 PM

Yea I guess you just kinda get what you get around here

Freakish
06-23-2022, 12:32 PM
Yea I guess you just kinda get what you get around here

I'll take a pint over a lot of fair weather friends.

loramin
06-23-2022, 02:36 PM
seems closer to 1 in 10-15

Yeah I have no actual stats on the drop rate, I was just trying to do some "back of the napkin math" based on what I've seen (a very small number, statistically speaking).

If anyone does have actual/meaningful statistics on Magi's drop rate, I for one would love to see them :)

If you think getting mage epics today vs the farm crews is bullshit then you'd have loved competing against tmo for them back in kunark.

Pint is 100% correct, so I don't see why you felt the need to insult him. The old days of P99 were dark indeed: if you wanted a Mage epic you had literally one option to get it: join TMO and get in line.

And this was true of pretty much all meaningful raid loot: no one but TMO would kill Trak (this was pre-Velious), no one but TMO did VP, etc.

We can complain about the raid scene now, but it's a million times better than it once was because now we have choices in guilds: before we didn't.

eisley
06-23-2022, 06:02 PM
Yeah I have no actual stats on the drop rate, I was just trying to do some "back of the napkin math" based on what I've seen (a very small number, statistically speaking).

If anyone does have actual/meaningful statistics on Magi's drop rate, I for one would love to see them :)

Well, I only have data for the two times I farmed it.

11 kills for first Earth Staff, 0/6 second time. I've killed it another 10-15 times with guild groups and gotten I believe one staff. This is as opposed to Innoruuk who seemed to drop it once every 3-5 kills.

Minis on the other hand are up to 10 every 3 days +/- 8, with placeholders, seem to be about 50%, or 5 minis per spawn cycle.

Balimon
06-23-2022, 09:35 PM
We have 10 recorded Magi kills and two staff drops. I'd also be curious what stats other people have. My feeling is that it's like any other rare drop off a named, it's about 1 in 5. RNG can make it much worse obviously

rictus204
06-24-2022, 05:45 PM

It's easy to judge somebody and make snide comments when you know nothing about it. Pint had to make a decision, and although it came with the unfortunate consequence of losing a handful dedicated players and friends, along with our only mage epic he made the right choice.

Castle2.0
06-24-2022, 10:53 PM
Pet get nerfed anyway though, no?

Allishia
06-25-2022, 09:22 AM
Pet get nerfed anyway though, no?

It use to hit for more but now it procs way more frequently so the dps loss isn't so bad. It still has the crazy op 50 pt dmg shield so mobs will die to that really fast too.

It's still best dps for mage pet, 60 water pet with focus staff can beat it I think in some situations...but that's max level pet, another fun thing about epic is its always the max level :)

mimixownzall
06-25-2022, 03:46 PM
I have recently joined the long list of mages who "only need" the earth staff to get epic.

Not gonna happen though unless someone is feeling really, really, really generous.

getsome
06-25-2022, 04:06 PM
I remember the good old days of dismissing your epic pet and summoning a focused earth pet when you needed root.

When our pets could enrage, the carnage was amazing.

Kennyref
06-26-2022, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't count on completing the epic, but you don't need it to enjoy playing to mage. Get the baby epic focus staves, enjoy the journey to 60. This game is really about the journey anyways. If you're really serious about the epic please understand it's a massive commitment that you will likely come to resent.

Check out my guide to the epic, it has tips for getting the earth staff, and feel free to PM for more detailed info.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Kurrat%27s_Magician_Epic_Guide

So I did, and I am super happy about them :)

https://ibb.co/XSZ51F1

Balimon
06-26-2022, 10:34 PM
So I did, and I am super happy about them :)

Nice man, congrats!

Kennyref
06-27-2022, 07:49 PM
Nice man, congrats!

Thank you kindly :)

Ravager
06-28-2022, 05:28 PM
Easier just to make a Magelo page and add the epic to that. Then go and do something that's more fun.

radda
07-02-2022, 04:55 PM
I finally got mage epic on my alt last year. Made her in 2015 and I've raided pretty active...it can happen just don't get in a hurry lol...best chance is join raid guild and save dkp /nod

congo rats fellow warrior.

Allishia
07-05-2022, 01:35 PM
congo rats fellow warrior.

Ty :)

eisley
07-10-2022, 03:24 AM
Easier just to make a Magelo page and add the epic to that. Then go and do something that's more fun.

to be fair, it is a LOT of fun to get epic on a 46 mage. the pet cons red and just obliterates everything. i went to hhk, made macros for /pet attack dyrna, a noble, boshinko, carson, etc and my pet just laid waste to the entire zone and i got to 52 in a few hours.

however, having previously had an epic mage, one thing really shone through - the mage nerf/change awhile back, is a buff at lower levels and pretty big nerf at higher levels.

the pet stays level 49. enemies go up, so mob resists go up. at lower levels, its absolutely blasting 140 dds and stuns, then by 60 you can visibly see so many resists it starts to become distracting. add in CR resistant mobs and its just... eh.

still, 4k hp and 50 DS won't go out of style on p99 anytime soon. it can tank big mobs, its better than offrooting adds, its melee dps is okay, and it's stun potetental on sub 56 mobs is massive

when you get it, sac back to 46 and re-level or something.

Kennyref
07-13-2022, 05:54 PM
Haha, thanks for that Eisley! Really enjoyed reading that!

If I ever manage to get that far, as to actually get the epic pet (again yes, not likely), I will make a promise here and now - I will de-level down to 46 - and plew through the levels again! :)

I started Rikex 20 of June, today I have enjoyed some Scepters in Feerroott :)

https://ibb.co/RY2xt8m
https://ibb.co/RY2xt8m

Allishia
07-13-2022, 06:28 PM
Just to let you know, you cannot summon mage pet at 46, only can equip the epic.

Like all epics the clickys cant be used till level 50. Only ones that do work at 46 are the worn effect ones.../nod

Kennyref
07-13-2022, 06:53 PM
Good info as always Allishia :) 50 it is then!

eisley
07-14-2022, 05:42 AM
Just to let you know, you cannot summon mage pet at 46, only can equip the epic.

Like all epics the clickys cant be used till level 50. Only ones that do work at 46 are the worn effect ones.../nod

Oh right, forgot about this. Mage epic used to be the exception. Thanks as always Alli

mirabilis
07-17-2022, 03:38 PM
but apparently, there is a very small group of people "living in Hate, farming the Earth staff - constantly". Selling it for Multiquest for a minimum of 800k plat.

Jeez... this game is like a digital asylum for some people.

Kennyref
08-19-2022, 06:11 AM
I have recently joined the long list of mages who "only need" the earth staff to get epic.

Not gonna happen though unless someone is feeling really, really, really generous.

You can add me now to that list as well, only Earth Staff left!

Based on input in-game and in this thread, this is where the journey ends (in regards to the epic) :)

Thanks Balimon for your efforts with the guide! I really enjoyed doing it all!

Hetjan
08-19-2022, 02:03 PM
tldr: The earth staff while rough to obtain is still possible.

The mage epic catch 22 ... I have mine and have had it for about 6-8 years (thanks to an in game bro and the old guild Anonymous).

But to the point. The entire epic is essentially the earth staff. In a perfect world you would get the earth staff and do the rest of the epic afterwards. In our world almost nobody is going to let you loot the earth staff without having completed the entire rest of the epic quest.

While it is super rough, the earth staff does drop. To be honest, I think you just have to be dedicated to raiding hate with a small group of folks every couple/few days.

On the flip side, I have had several other epics for a long while but on my enchanter I have been stuck on Vessel Drozlin for like 8 years. It's a crazy poop show when he spawns. I go through cycles every now and then of trying for it but always end up shrugging it off.

Ripqozko
08-19-2022, 02:09 PM

The mage epic catch 22 ... I have mine and have had it for about 6-8 years (thanks to an in game bro and the old guild Anonymous).

But to the point. The entire epic is essentially the earth staff. In a perfect world you would get the earth staff and do the rest of the epic afterwards. In our world almost nobody is going to let you loot the earth staff without having completed the entire rest of the epic quest.

While it is super rough, the earth staff does drop. To be honest, I think you just have to be dedicated to raiding hate with a small group of folks every couple/few days.

On the flip side, I have had several other epics for a long while but on my enchanter I have been stuck on Vessel Drozlin for like 8 years. It's a crazy poop show when he spawns. I go through cycles every now and then of trying for it but always end up shrugging it off.

VD is free, there is a group that invites anyone to farm with them. Just help them few times and get ya free VD.

Hetjan
08-19-2022, 02:29 PM
Thanks Ripqozko, I'll look into it.

Jimjam
08-20-2022, 09:21 AM
I take it in this instance VD doesn’t stand for Venereal Disease.

What does it stand for?

Kennyref
08-20-2022, 12:12 PM

Thanks Hetjan! Good for me then that All is done then, except for the e-staff :)

Allishia
08-26-2022, 09:52 AM
Thanks Hetjan! Good for me then that All is done then, except for the e-staff :)

Just wanted to point out in raid guilds that use dkp you do not have to have earth staff as last piece. Our guild just requires the alt to be level 46 or higher and on the roster. Long as you have the dkp and are online at the raid, you can buy the staff /nod.

Fammaden
08-26-2022, 01:48 PM
I take it in this instance VD doesn’t stand for Venereal Disease.

What does it stand for?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Vessel_Drozlin

Jorgam
08-31-2022, 09:39 PM
Here is how I got my VD on Callingshots...

Buff up and park your enc in Cabilis and forget about them. Keep them there until that fateful day that you are online or very very close to your computer the moment a quake hits. Don't go raiding with your guild, log in your enc and go kill VD.

Piss on the farm crew and waiting around for a 7 day random. I did it for months and months only to watch him be taken down by whole groups idling on the spawn, farmers taking shifts and even a few lucky mofos that walked in and had a spawn with in an hour (including a guildmate on his monk).

Lvl 59, wand of allure, trooper or crusader, dispell, mem blur, bedlam or rune pet, rinse repeat etc. etc. etc...

Good luck chanters!

P.S. I know this is unrelated to the mage epic, just offering some help to the above posters mentioning this struggle!

PatChapp
09-01-2022, 05:44 AM
Here is how I got my VD on Callingshots...

Buff up and park your enc in Cabilis and forget about them. Keep them there until that fateful day that you are online or very very close to your computer the moment a quake hits. Don't go raiding with your guild, log in your enc and go kill VD.

Piss on the farm crew and waiting around for a 7 day random. I did it for months and months only to watch him be taken down by whole groups idling on the spawn, farmers taking shifts and even a few lucky mofos that walked in and had a spawn with in an hour (including a guildmate on his monk).

Lvl 59, wand of allure, trooper or crusader, dispell, mem blur, bedlam or rune pet, rinse repeat etc. etc. etc...

Good luck chanters!

P.S. I know this is unrelated to the mage epic, just offering some help to the above posters mentioning this struggle!
Is it really that bad on blue? On green there's usually a couple watchers parked at worse. In a month I had 2 shots at him from natural spawns. Died first round to some bad rng,but super easy round 2.

Fammaden
09-01-2022, 07:15 AM
That's because green is a dying server that no one cares about anymore.

PatChapp
09-01-2022, 07:34 AM
That's strange,since it always has more pop than blue

Encroaching Death
09-08-2022, 03:16 PM
I've heard the Mage epic gets nerfed later on.

That hasn't happened yet on P99, right?

So if you DO get the Mage epic, you're pretty much morbidly a beast and can take on anything and everything.

Hetjan
09-08-2022, 06:47 PM
The nerf happened a while back. Not to say there wont be more.

azeth
09-10-2022, 11:15 AM
I've heard the Mage epic gets nerfed later on.

That hasn't happened yet on P99, right?

So if you DO get the Mage epic, you're pretty much morbidly a beast and can take on anything and everything.

Hardly. Before chain petting was nerfed it was better but now the Mage epic gives you the ability to solo faster, it doesn't allow you to solo anything you couldn't before

Hetjan
09-14-2022, 06:00 PM
Hardly. Before chain petting was nerfed it was better but now the Mage epic gives you the ability to solo faster, it doesn't allow you to solo anything you couldn't before

Sebelis is quite rough to solo as a mage pre epic, post epic, I do it all the time.

( of course depending on what your trying to solo but NG for example (at least the bugs))

Last edit... also ... You still have to be creative sometimes. If it's a tripple mob spawn on the way to NG, send pet, run by, camp at safe spot, relog. Resume. Just solo mobs or duo the mobs you need to depending on the situation.

Valakut
09-28-2022, 09:02 AM
i would learn how to play the class first. theres only a couple summoning mobs that you can kill with it that you coudn't kill without. you'll never be a enchanter/shaman solo artist. you'll be coth ducking or summoning rods for clerics, with or without epic. best case scenario you stop carrying malachite which in reality you just start to carry more pearls.