PDA

View Full Version : Guide to farming Fellspine (video)

Deadfather
06-17-2022, 01:57 AM
I have messed quite a bit in SG and feel like its time to share a little on this awesome camp. Here is what I’ve found works the best, it might be not all perfect, feel free to comment and/ or ask questions. I’ve made quite a few hundred K’s farming this shit and died probably an awful lot of times doing so. My enchanter is poorly geared, just look at his mana pool (barely 2k) he just got good CHA (about 240). You definitly dont need good gear to do this.

https://youtu.be/4qRbKSNsUkE

Zoolander
06-17-2022, 05:08 AM
nice

eisley
06-17-2022, 05:45 PM
Well, that's certainly an... interesting way to do it, haha. But yeah, you can definitely do Fellspine easier ways and can be KoS.

Jibartik
06-17-2022, 06:31 PM
https://i.imgur.com/hKRZLAc.gif

Deadfather
06-17-2022, 09:57 PM
Well, that's certainly an... interesting way to do it, haha. But yeah, you can definitely do Fellspine easier ways and can be KoS.

please explain !

Spithridates
06-18-2022, 09:11 AM
please explain !

Why do that when they can leave a snarky belittling comment and walk away? I enjoyed the vid man, keep em coming!

Diogene
06-18-2022, 05:11 PM
, you can definitely do Fellspine easier ways and can be KoS.

This guy is just trolling, he probably mad coz someone is showing the only right way to do this camp. You CANT do fellspine with being KoS, unless you come with all your Vanquish friends to wreck town.

Jibartik
06-18-2022, 05:53 PM
So what is the logic that gets the pet to stay petted and kill the creature after you log off, and the corpse not to poof?

Diogene
06-18-2022, 07:11 PM
So what is the logic that gets the pet to stay petted and kill the creature after you log off, and the corpse not to poof?

Not sure what was the intended reason behind this mechanic but its there. Once you’re going linkdead the client registers you as offline, it prevents you from from getting XP and faction hit. On the other hand, what has been cast (ie spells like charm, haste, dots whatever) are still going on for their intended full duration ; that’s why the pet fight still goes on and the corpses don’t poof. Another exemple : you cast a dot on a mob, then camp out. The dot will run its full duration and ticks even if you’re offline.

Jibartik
06-18-2022, 07:27 PM
Man, it takes the out of water security there to a whole new level.

It's like someone invented bread, and then OP said lets bake it again and invented toast.

PatChapp
06-18-2022, 08:58 PM
He's also using dictate to charm, which has a fixed duration. Not sure how /q reacts to random duration charm spells.

Jibartik
06-18-2022, 08:59 PM
https://i.imgur.com/zh4IW6l.png

DMN
06-18-2022, 10:25 PM
ya fixed duration spells of any kind should maintain fucntionality regardless if you are logged in or out. Random duration spells are supposed to fall off the first tick after you are regstered as having logged out. it's classic though the second part of this doesn't appear to always work correctly and the spell sometimes stick around a bit longer than they should.

Diogene
06-19-2022, 05:34 AM
ya fixed duration spells of any kind should maintain fucntionality regardless if you are logged in or out. Random duration spells are supposed to fall off the first tick after you are regstered as having logged out.

This. Simple as that.

eisley
06-19-2022, 09:39 AM
Why do that when they can leave a snarky belittling comment and walk away? I enjoyed the vid man, keep em coming!

Nothing snarky about it! It is genuinely interesting. I love seeing players who think outside the box.

As for how to do it KoS, it's nothing special, just the standard way we did it back in the day. This video shows it - note how he /q's at a certain spot. Therein lies your answer.

SantagarBrax
06-20-2022, 03:10 PM
Nice video OP, well done.

Deadfather
06-20-2022, 03:48 PM
Nice video OP, well done.

thank you… to be perfectly honest, all respect goes to someone else (I cant remember the name.) One day I was exploring SG out of boredom when I saw this guy charming and fighting this heavy shit stuff. I was in admiration although I didn’t really quite get it. How was he really doing ? I spied on him for 3h and started to understand. All the beauty lies in Dictate. I always thought this spell was a gimmick : what the fuck you do with such a short duration? Well, I learned dictate enables next level enchanting. Charm a 280+ quad hitting total monster to smoke a target in under 50 seconds, thats where the magic is. Combine this with clever out of the water safety, /q faction mechanics, behind the pillars safe relogging and you got a super fun solo camp. This place is basically the best plat per hour in the game (that Ive seen at least). Next I’ll show how to make spawn shimmering sea spirit. A much tougher and nerve wracking camp

bilirubin
06-21-2022, 10:42 AM
ya fixed duration spells of any kind should maintain fucntionality regardless if you are logged in or out. Random duration spells are supposed to fall off the first tick after you are regstered as having logged out. it's classic though the second part of this doesn't appear to always work correctly and the spell sometimes stick around a bit longer than they should.

Both non-fixed duration high level charm spells (like Boltran's, Allure, etc) and root spells will hold after you /q out. Often the longer root spells will still be on a mob when you log back in, though the charm spells will always end before you are able to log in.

cd288
06-21-2022, 12:00 PM
Nothing snarky about it! It is genuinely interesting. I love seeing players who think outside the box.

As for how to do it KoS, it's nothing special, just the standard way we did it back in the day. This video shows it - note how he /q's at a certain spot. Therein lies your answer.

Very helpful answer from the person who supports cheating using third party programs

Diogene
06-21-2022, 04:41 PM

How do you get there when being KoS? There are multiple see invis stuff everywhere

PatChapp
06-22-2022, 11:05 AM
How do you get there when being KoS? There are multiple see invis stuff everywhere

Paci,rapture. When you jump out of the water all agro clears..it's a pain but very possible to traverse the zone kos at least as an enchanter.

eisley
06-22-2022, 10:24 PM
Very helpful answer from the person who supports cheating using third party programs

...what? lol, gonna need a [citation needed] on this one. I don't support cheating of any kind.

eisley
06-22-2022, 10:26 PM

From that spot you /q, you can Paci pretty much everything, and Raptire/Dictate the rest. Hopping out of the water wipes all aggro, which can be used to move mobs closer to you.

DMN
06-23-2022, 09:56 AM
Both non-fixed duration high level charm spells (like Boltran's, Allure, etc) and root spells will hold after you /q out. Often the longer root spells will still be on a mob when you log back in, though the charm spells will always end before you are able to log in.

When you /q out of the game you are not actually logged out. You eventually get timed out depending if you have been flagged as in combat or not, something like 1 minute versus 3 minutes.

if you are entirely logged out though, set duration spells should remain for full duraton and random ones break in one tick. on p99 it seems it maybe gives you 2-4 extra ticks before it breaks, which isn't classic but w/e.

bilirubin
06-23-2022, 12:22 PM
if you are entirely logged out though, set duration spells should remain for full duraton and random ones break in one tick. on p99 it seems it maybe gives you 2-4 extra ticks before it breaks, which isn't classic but w/e.

I was talking about charm and root spells specifically. Would those fall into the former or latter categories you are using? My understanding is that both charm and root spells have a random element to them. I just tested this by casting enstill on a pathing bat in butcherblock, camping and logging back in. On one occasion the mob's root broke after logging out, but more often the mob would still be rooted and it would last for seemingly the full duration (not just 4 extra ticks).

Dakanmer
06-23-2022, 05:31 PM
From that spot you /q, you can Paci pretty much everything, and Raptire/Dictate the rest. Hopping out of the water wipes all aggro, which can be used to move mobs closer to you.

lol and you call this easier ?

eisley
06-23-2022, 05:56 PM
lol and you call this easier ?

Depends what you're used to I guess. Once you get the spawns set up well and used to the strat, I'd say they're both pretty easy and take about the same amount of time.

Definitely stay Non KOS if you can though

DMN
06-24-2022, 01:26 PM
I was talking about charm and root spells specifically. Would those fall into the former or latter categories you are using? My understanding is that both charm and root spells have a random element to them. I just tested this by casting enstill on a pathing bat in butcherblock, camping and logging back in. On one occasion the mob's root broke after logging out, but more often the mob would still be rooted and it would last for seemingly the full duration (not just 4 extra ticks).

Hmm. are you doing this on blue? it might be coded a bit differently. i tested it on green awhile back a dozen or so times on static mobs, and got the estimated 2-4 ticks.