PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Iksar Betrayer

Bayleo
03-09-2010, 11:48 AM
I know this is jumping the shark by about...probably 6 months or so. But I just remembered this yesterday and thought I'd mention it while it was fresh in my mind. In Kunark, right at March 2000, the Iksar Betrayer for the monk epic quest spawned in the tunnel just past the Chardok zoneout. I believe his PHs were any of the 3 mobs between tunnel entrance and the first fork. In October of 2001, the Chardok revamp moved him to the bridge near the guardian. Hope this helps!

guineapig
03-09-2010, 11:53 AM
It's definitely jumping the gun, I don't know about the shark though.

Ferok
03-09-2010, 12:51 PM
It's definitely jumping the gun, I don't know about the shark though.

Kunark was arguably the pinnacle of EQ!

guineapig
03-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Kunark was arguably the pinnacle of EQ!

Yes it was... :)
What's your point? :confused:

(EDIT: To clarify, I do think this is very good info to give to the devs. I was simply agreeing with what I think he was trying to say, which is that he is jumping the gun a few months with the info. It's still good that he posted it though.)

Malrubius
03-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Since "jumping the shark" is the point at which something really good became really bad...

I think (hope) he meant that Kunark clearly did NOT jump the shark (for EQ).

Aeolwind
03-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Coined from Happy Days when they had the Fonz jumping his motor cycle over sharks.

And TY for the info.

guineapig
03-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Coined from Happy Days when they had the Fonz jumping his motor cycle over sharks.

He was on water-skis actually but same difference. Seeing The Fonz in those shorts chills me to this day. (well, not really) ;)

Aeolwind
03-09-2010, 02:54 PM
I know this is jumping the shark by about...probably 6 months or so. But I just remembered this yesterday and thought I'd mention it while it was fresh in my mind. In Kunark, right at March 2000, the Iksar Betrayer for the monk epic quest spawned in the tunnel just past the Chardok zoneout. I believe his PHs were any of the 3 mobs between tunnel entrance and the first fork. In October of 2001, the Chardok revamp moved him to the bridge near the guardian. Hope this helps!

Wait, something just dawned on me. How do you know that he is in the wrong place here?

Ferok
03-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Yes it was... :)
What's your point? :confused:

(EDIT: To clarify, I do think this is very good info to give to the devs. I was simply agreeing with what I think he was trying to say, which is that he is jumping the gun a few months with the info. It's still good that he posted it though.)

That when we reach/finish Kunark the shark will have been jumped.

Yes, I'm well aware that that's not what the OP meant.

Trimm
03-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Wait, something just dawned on me. How do you know that he is in the wrong place here?

I was quietly wondering when this would be brought up since I saw the thread title.

guineapig
03-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Ah man, and I'm misssing out!

/em wants to find the secret portal to Kunark.

Zithax
03-09-2010, 11:27 PM
fungi's and shit dropped off like all kunark mobs day 1 pls stay true to classic and have this in!

Bayleo
03-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Hahaha. Yes, I did mean jumping the gun, which means getting ahead of myself. Jumping the shark is a good situation gone bad. I knew this, it was late, and I was probably high.

Bayleo
03-10-2010, 12:09 AM
An analogous term, "Nuking the fridge", is an allusion to a scene early in the 2008 film Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. In the scene, the title character is hit by the blast of a nuclear weapon while hiding inside a lead-lined refrigerator in a desperate attempt at survival. The refrigerator is hurled a great distance through the sky and tumbles hard to the ground, while the structures surrounding it are utterly obliterated. A relatively-uninjured Jones emerges to witness the mushroom cloud miles away. Some film critics and fans of the series found the absurdity of this event disappointing and reflective of the decreased quality of the series. They then coined the term "nuking the fridge."

THANKS WIKIPEDIA! YOU'RE THE BESTEST!