PDA

View Full Version : any TMO-era OGs still around?

Nune
06-12-2022, 10:14 PM
was telling a discord community about EQ and P99 earlier and forgot about the forums. Any of my Indignation pals still frequent this?

Been toying with coming back, is raiding still super toxic?

Gustoo
06-12-2022, 11:21 PM
A ton of people from the TMO years still around.

Raiding is more toxic than ever TMO era seems like good old days. Big part is that the whole community is less open and communicative than it used to be. No account trading and stuff like that and later cross server transfers. All that stuff going away makes it feel
smaller and less friendly.

Twochain
06-13-2022, 03:49 PM
A ton of people from the TMO years still around.

Raiding is more toxic than ever TMO era seems like good old days. Big part is that the whole community is less open and communicative than it used to be. No account trading and stuff like that and later cross server transfers. All that stuff going away makes it feel
smaller and less friendly.

he lying, we all play very nicely, hold hands, and there's even rainbows

Allishia
06-13-2022, 04:22 PM
It's really the same, nothing changes far as that goes lol. It's the same people yelling at each / lawyer questing etc. When riot was on top they were the bad guys who didn't share, now it's vanquish on top so they are the bad guys..lol..before that was aftermath and core /tempest / awakened, same stuff.

There was a fun period when small guilds could compete when there were 1 hour lockouts. But that ended too. Then dragons got rooted and full zerg numbers became required...then people got tired of clearing so it's endless da mage trains of trash all around ntov :p

But the majority of people raiding just ignore all that and have fun killing dragon and giants /nod :)

Ripqozko
06-13-2022, 04:30 PM
It's really the same, nothing changes far as that goes lol. It's the same people yelling at each / lawyer questing etc. When riot was on top they were the bad guys who didn't share, now it's vanquish on top so they are the bad guys..lol..before that was aftermath and core /tempest / awakened, same stuff.

There was a fun period when small guilds could compete when there were 1 hour lockouts. But that ended too. Then dragons got rooted and full zerg numbers became required...then people got tired of clearing so it's endless da mage trains of trash all around ntov :p

But the majority of people raiding just ignore all that and have fun killing dragon and giants /nod :)

BDA didn't lead any of that , hope that helps.

Allishia
06-13-2022, 04:32 PM
BDA didn't lead any of that , hope that helps.

Lol what? Lead what?

Ripqozko
06-13-2022, 05:07 PM
Lol what? Lead what?

Exactly

-Catherin-
06-13-2022, 06:13 PM
When you look back on those days, you realize it was not as bad as you thought it was at the time lol. Miss those days for sure

Ripqozko
06-13-2022, 06:16 PM
When you look back on those days, you realize it was not as bad as you thought it was at the time lol. Miss those days for sure

i dont miss you starting up duck coths on VS

Allishia
06-14-2022, 08:31 AM

I was duck cothing the fay dragon in tim deep in BDA lol :p

-Catherin-
06-14-2022, 12:24 PM

I don’t either! That was how it was though (and still is). Rules change and people then figure out new ways to get the upper hand on the others, no matter how insane it got (and is still). Everyone escalated, just like how you decided to escalate this conversation.

CoTH ducking wasn’t my idea btw. CoTH ducking actually started off as a joke and then everyone latched onto it immediately, so it became the new norm for those trying to compete for awhile.

But CoTH FTE in general WAS my baby. We first used it on Sev after the rules became start at zoneline. Both created similar outrage from you guys though. Sorry you didn’t think of it first. That’s how this shitshow has always been though , and will always continue to be most likely.

Snaj
06-15-2022, 01:45 PM
TMO is the worst guild that has ever existed. I hope you die Zeelot.

Zoolander
06-19-2022, 06:16 AM
wasnt tmo that guild always coming late to dragons after inglorious basterds cleared em?

Ennewi
06-19-2022, 06:56 AM
AFAIK no members of leadership in TMO ever threatened any player with physical harm, though there was that time death packets were mentioned. But DDOSing was more common back then.

eisley
06-19-2022, 09:43 AM

This is pretty much 100% accurate :]

Though it's sad to think that now, the period when this game was its most classic, is now thought of "that fun period when small guilds could compete." it's like the answer is so plainly in front of their eyes but they can't see it. Going back to 2017 rules wouldn't FIX the game overnight, but it'd be a whole lot better.

Gimp
06-21-2022, 09:34 AM

You still using a voice changer so people think you’re a chick? Fkn weirdo

Bardp1999
06-21-2022, 02:24 PM
Same assholes from TMO are still raiding in 2022. The rotten core of 50 die hard gamers has not changed much

radda
06-25-2022, 05:09 PM
You still using a voice changer so people think you’re a chick? Fkn weirdo

seems appropriate now with all the trans shit.

i dont judge

Praxcthius
06-25-2022, 07:40 PM
If you play an online game you are in no way a g, og, or triple og unless your name is Mjrn.

azeth
06-25-2022, 07:44 PM
If you play an online game you are in no way a g, og, or triple og unless your name is Mjrn.

spoken like a non og

Cecily
06-25-2022, 08:41 PM
Hello

Ravager
06-25-2022, 08:42 PM
Wish I kept some of the screenshots of the random tells I got on raids. There were more than a couple psychopaths in that guild.

Lune
06-27-2022, 04:32 PM
I was in TMO. I was also in BDA, Taken, Azure Guard, Asgard, Knights Who Say Ni, Kittens Who Say Meow, Ill Tempered Sea Bass, Flawless Victory, Enraptured, that one mass-invite noob guild from circa 2012-- what was it, Full Circle or something?

I'd always burn out on raiding very quickly, level another character, join another guild, burn out again, rinse repeat over and over. EQ is/was all about the journey for me. But from 2011 to about 2016 I was in pretty much every major guild on P99.

Ill Tempered Sea Bass was definitely my favorite (except for the leader, that TMO druid whose name I can't remember), followed by Azure Guard. BDA and Taken were inner circle circlejerks, TMO was a little toxic but otherwise chill, Flawless Victory was Knightt's RMT and drunk rambling guild, I left Knights or Kittens after about 15 minutes because of the 11 year olds in guild chat.