PDA

View Full Version : Which server to start new

Ramzies
06-07-2022, 12:39 PM
Good day. I just started on Green and I am only level 8. I have been given a few very nice items by some very friendly people however, I read that the green server is end of life. Should I have chosen the Blue to start fresh? I played EQ1 from Beta until about 2004 and really want to play P99 but do not want to attempt to progress on a server that will be going away soon.

Thanks

Pint
06-08-2022, 01:21 AM
Green has a better pop and will eventually presumably just dump into blue when they start a new server. So just stick with green.

putrid_plum
06-08-2022, 06:02 AM
Blue imo is the better choice, you can modify the UI and everything works right there. The population is slightly lower but not by much. Gear is much cheaper on blue and it’s pretty much the same server now.

Spithridates
06-08-2022, 06:49 AM
Do you want people to group with as you level? Staying Green is the place for that. It has much much more lowbie traffic. Blue has more availability for desired camps at mid/high levels. If you want to solo, Blue all day. Either way Green characters and progress will not be deleted, just moved I think.

Chortles Snortles
06-08-2022, 07:50 AM
Not blue (beta) server
yw

Allishia
06-08-2022, 08:24 AM
Blue imo is the better choice, you can modify the UI and everything works right there. The population is slightly lower but not by much. Gear is much cheaper on blue and it’s pretty much the same server now.

This...your hot bar buttons stay when you zone too lol

Fammaden
06-08-2022, 11:30 AM
Green is the same as blue now, except with less UI's supported, less hotkeys, no pet window, more expensive economy, and full of greedy people who like "legacy items" more than playing EQ. Green does have like 100 more players though.

cd288
06-08-2022, 11:49 AM
Do you want people to group with as you level? Staying Green is the place for that. It has much much more lowbie traffic. Blue has more availability for desired camps at mid/high levels. If you want to solo, Blue all day. Either way Green characters and progress will not be deleted, just moved I think.

Not really. I play on both and have alts that are stagnated in the 20s and 30s because it's so hit or miss finding groups on either. Some nights you get lucky and things are busy, other nights the lower level zones (even the most popular ones) are ghost towns.

It really just more depends on what you want the overall difficulty to be like. Blue does have more plat and items in circulation, so things are generally cheaper (although Green is moving more and more in line with that by the month), so if being able to gear up pretty easily is important to OP then Blue is probably the way to go. Otherwise go Green.

cd288
06-08-2022, 11:50 AM
This...your hot bar buttons stay when you zone too lol

Oh yeah I forgot about how on Green some of the hot buttons still disappear lol

Worry
06-09-2022, 07:27 AM
Green has more pop in lower level zones, Blue as mentioned has UI improvements and cheaper economy.

Ramzies
06-09-2022, 07:48 AM
Thanks. I am probably just going to stick to Green. I just hit level 10 and have been given some nice items to start with.

caveslug
06-09-2022, 11:40 AM
Another person already said this but it's true, groups at lower levels are still hit or miss on Green. Granted you will have a better chance at a group on Green. You're still just as likely to see a twink soloing, or go with days of not finding a group.

I missed the Green launch due to health, and only just got back to P99. I tried to level a rogue on Green, but after 4 days of no groups. And hitting the leveling wall for solo on a no geared rogue I just went to Blue.

Tethler
06-11-2022, 03:14 AM
Another person already said this but it's true, groups at lower levels are still hit or miss on Green. Granted you will have a better chance at a group on Green. You're still just as likely to see a twink soloing, or go with days of not finding a group.

I missed the Green launch due to health, and only just got back to P99. I tried to level a rogue on Green, but after 4 days of no groups. And hitting the leveling wall for solo on a no geared rogue I just went to Blue.

Is the solo rogue experience on blue any better?

PatChapp
06-11-2022, 07:39 AM
Is the solo rogue experience on blue any better?

Gear would be cheaper, lower level camps may be more open. Other then that I don't think so

Danth
06-11-2022, 01:45 PM
For any melee type starting fresh, dramatically cheaper equipment on Blue would easily outweigh Green's modest population advantage. Blue also has a more stable future outlook--as of today, nobody knows what Green's status will be 6-8 months from now. Will it merge into Blue? Will it remain as is? Will Green 2.0 open and leave a separate Green1 to wither on the vine? We don't know, so it's a bit of a dice roll, and not an inconsequential one in a hobby that demands as much of a time investment as EQ does.

Danth

starkind
06-11-2022, 02:35 PM
red99 easily hands down go enjoy the wild wild west

Zoolander
06-11-2022, 09:46 PM
blue is considered a beta server and it will be a recycling server (merge) for green as soon a new one will pop up.

so green wont go away but will just merge into blue.

and yes, they are still discussing if they are realy going to do the merge but since the p99 community isnt that large id bet all my plat that the merge will happen anyways.

Arvan
06-12-2022, 01:54 AM
red99 easily hands down go enjoy the wild wild west

Nobody plays red hope this helps

oldschoolguy
06-13-2022, 12:46 PM
probably blue.

wait till green starts fresh, fresh is more fun since people actually level and such. right now both servers are dead in leveling spots. it would be cool if there was a pure classic server, otherwise classic empties out pretty quick once kunark is available

Garnaak
06-16-2022, 04:52 PM
Good day. I just started on Green and I am only level 8. I have been given a few very nice items by some very friendly people however, I read that the green server is end of life. Should I have chosen the Blue to start fresh? I played EQ1 from Beta until about 2004 and really want to play P99 but do not want to attempt to progress on a server that will be going away soon.

Thanks

Personally, I would start on Green. All of my low level characters are on green.

I have some characters on Blue, but they have all completed TunnelQuest and just need to grind levels from here on out.

The problem with starting new on blue, nothing low end or newbish is ever for sale any more on it. Unless you have a higher level toon to acquire the gear for you, you will get nothing. No banded, no mid tier weapons/armor. Only high end stuff. Green still has plenty of mid tier for sale.