PDA

View Full Version : Leveling 55-60

Victorylap
06-05-2022, 03:15 AM
Hey all,

I'm kind of at a loss as to where to level from 55-60 now. Where do people level/get groups etc nowadays?

Philistine
06-05-2022, 05:06 AM
I believe KC is the most common for pugs, with some also going to Seb. You can normally byog to Seb or Hole I believe

Victorylap
06-05-2022, 05:41 AM
Someone messaged me and was saying maybe Velketor's is good or better than KC? Thoughts?

Trexller
06-05-2022, 06:11 AM
KC, Seb, Velks, HS

when you consider ease of access and xp gained vs loot potential, all of the "end game" dungeons are the same.

you just gotta get in there and grind grind grind

P99 doesn't have any xp buffs and compared to 'live' xp is de-buffed. all levels take longer on p99, and the 25% xp events are a joke.

so you just gotta pull mobs, kill em, pull mobs, kill em, pull mobs, kill em.

this is the grind by which all other game grinds are compared

PatChapp
06-05-2022, 06:40 AM
What class? I found the wl geonids to be better xp than either KC or velks in a small group. But likely need to make a group and bring it there.
I went through 59 in around 30hrs there. Very grindy,but p99 so that's how it is

Toxigen
06-05-2022, 09:01 AM
A small group will always be better than a full 6 man party of mouth breathers in KC.

Jimjam
06-05-2022, 10:07 AM
Chardok makes good xp cos there are some pretty high level trash mobs.

DeathsSilkyMist
06-05-2022, 11:00 AM
Rat Maze in Plane of Mischief is great if you are willing to stay up there from 55-60 as a melee, or are able to bind there as a caster. I was getting at least 1 blue an hour there on my Shaman, even at level 59.

Philistine
06-05-2022, 01:00 PM
Someone messaged me and was saying maybe Velketor's is good or better than KC? Thoughts?

Duh, I can't believe I forgot Velks!

I've only done ent in velks and felt like it was ok. More blue mobs at higher level than most camps in KC but the mobs have a lot of HP. It's a nice change of pace from KC, from what little I've done of it.

Jibartik
06-05-2022, 02:33 PM
I had a lot of fun in velks killing kolbolds 55-60, and spiders up in the brood mother area, that place is spoooooooooooky. (The laws of reality seem to get a little twisted in that maze up top.)

Arior Windcaller
06-05-2022, 05:41 PM
I wish more groups would go back to the hole

When you get 25-30 ppl in KC its VERY slim pickings on mobs...lots of pulling whatever you can...people get mad when you pull from anywhere near their camp

The hole however can easily handle 30 people anytime

Bring back the hole!

oldschoolguy
06-05-2022, 05:42 PM
the game gets really boring past 54. too grindy pointlessly too. especially at double hell levels. 59 is just idiocy.

chardok, seb, hs... all good places since there is actual loot there too. but yeah boring as hell.

cd288
06-06-2022, 12:08 AM
Velks and seb are about the same odds for finding a pug. Velks slightly more likely since it’s right next to a port and thurgadin

Stroboo
06-06-2022, 11:29 AM
KC is the only place to reliably find PUGs or scrap together grps from lgf'er at entrance. i've been in chardok quite a bit lately at primetime and not any lfg'ers there, same with seb, seems to be more people looking for grps in seb but not sure how much luck they have. haven't been to velks/hs/hole in forever so can't comment really.

Rerfu
06-12-2022, 10:51 AM
Your best bet is to make friends with a 60 enchanter. Then you can pretty much go anywhere in the game for exp and you won't be chained to a specific zone. Make sure you get both your Sebilis and Howling Stones key, they are pretty straight forward and easy to get.

loramin
06-12-2022, 11:01 AM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Group_Hunting_Spots

http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide

Tethler
06-13-2022, 12:53 AM
If you're a class that can solo or makes a good duo/trio, go that route. Good solo/duo/trio spots:
-perma bear pits (pain to get to/from, so only go here if you want to park you character there for an extended period)
-Skyshrine cubes/Fe'Dahrs (xp is just ok, but chance for decent cash drops assuming you don't care about CoV faction)
-Howling Stones (make friends with a necro and profit)
-WL geonids
-2 level 50 giants at the bottom of the fort in frontier mountains
-phase spiders in DN if you can fear kite
-possibly 2nd floor or 3rd floor in CoM, though you'll start getting a lot of xp greens as you get closer to 60
-neriak foreign quarter arena (haven't personally done this camp, but I've heard it's good xp. city zones often have a high ZEM bonus)
-burning woods giant fort (respawns are pretty quick, solid xp for duo/trio if you aren't competing with anyone else for pulls)

If you're a group class, best spot to pug is KC because more people are there, but the xp gets pretty bad after 55 at LCY. If you have a guild, make a group and go hit sebilis or the Hole. The hole is empty now after the ZEM change, but the xp isn't that much less than it was. It's still a solid spot. Velks is and has always been pretty slow xp because the mobs are high hp. Get a kael plate house run organized and put yourself in the xp group and potentially get some armor upgrades if you're a plate wearer. The xp is actually really good if you get 2+ groups chewing through mobs since the giants in the plate house cycle are pretty high level.

Toxigen
06-13-2022, 01:17 PM
You still can't beat Seb for a mix of XP and loot, nor the Hole for pure XP. Just have to bring your own group these days.

All druids should be in bear pits and necros should be in HS.

Velk is quite good after the most recent ZEM adjustment, very convenient w/ the druid ring and thurg nearby.

I'll never xp in KC again. Too many slackers.

starkind
06-13-2022, 02:13 PM
CoM slows real bad around 57

i recommend sebiliss it's the frickin bestest

either that or go sit outside at a spawn point in the overworld for a month on a wizard/druid/sham or whatever and chillax between kills

-Catherin-
06-14-2022, 02:00 PM
Kedge keep us extremely underrated. I went from 54 to 60 there on my bard almost exclusively, and this was before the removal of the exp penalty.

Once you get through the learning curve it is also one of the most enjoyable places in the game too. You will probably have to form your own groups though.

Tethler
06-15-2022, 01:58 AM
Kedge keep us extremely underrated. I went from 54 to 60 there on my bard almost exclusively, and this was before the removal of the exp penalty.

Once you get through the learning curve it is also one of the most enjoyable places in the game too. You will probably have to form your own groups though.

+1 for kedge. I did 45-50 on my ranger there on green pre-kunark. Haven't spent any time there 50+ though. What were you hunting for the 55-60 level range?

Tethler
06-15-2022, 02:01 AM
You still can't beat Seb for a mix of XP and loot, nor the Hole for pure XP. Just have to bring your own group these days.

All druids should be in bear pits and necros should be in HS.

Velk is quite good after the most recent ZEM adjustment, very convenient w/ the druid ring and thurg nearby.

I'll never xp in KC again. Too many slackers.

I'll have to give velks another shot. Will admit I haven't xp'd there since the ZEM changes.

cd288
06-15-2022, 10:23 AM
Velks generally slower because the mobs have really high HP and trains can be problematic if you're not in like one of the dogs camps.

-Catherin-
06-15-2022, 01:03 PM
+1 for kedge. I did 45-50 on my ranger there on green pre-kunark. Haven't spent any time there 50+ though. What were you hunting for the 55-60 level range?

Between the Seahorse Caves and Estrella Room. Undertow i think? there is a cubby there that is perfect for the camp, and a bard can easily pull from both directions.

Jibartik
06-15-2022, 01:29 PM
Velks generally slower because the mobs have really high HP and trains can be problematic if you're not in like one of the dogs camps.

true and they hit like a truck

enchanters make good exp up there but breaks are a PITA

but it's still a thrilling place to level IMO

you can fly through some of the tunnels wtf is up with that

I'm telling you guys, strange things about in there!

Jimjam
06-15-2022, 05:02 PM
The great thing about XPing at 55+ is that you are already high enough level to participate in any content so you can take a dip in xp rate in exchange for a more enriching play ... the slow down of xp doesn't really matter

7thGate
06-25-2022, 01:27 PM
The great thing about XPing at 55+ is that you are already high enough level to participate in any content so you can take a dip in xp rate in exchange for a more enriching play ... the slow down of xp doesn't really matter

I actually did most of level 59 in raids, because I found the XPing rate too depressing after doing a few 4 hour sessions for ~5% XP each. It took a year, but didn't grind anything.

The rest came from killing Shardwing Couriers when walking to and from NToV raids. I think it might be the highest XP quest in the game, and is almost definitely the highest XP easily repeatable one.

Jibartik
06-25-2022, 03:11 PM

honestly the problem with this is I end up pugging a lot to have adventure, and we have so much fun I shoot to 60 like in a weekend. :(

cd288
06-27-2022, 10:36 AM
honestly the problem with this is I end up pugging a lot to have adventure, and we have so much fun I shoot to 60 like in a weekend. :(

I assume you're exaggerating lol

spoil
06-27-2022, 05:24 PM
That's a good idea, my chanter main is almost level 59 and I think I will join a guild and do some other activities rather than just grind it out to 60.

cd288
06-27-2022, 07:56 PM
That's a good idea, my chanter main is almost level 59 and I think I will join a guild and do some other activities rather than just grind it out to 60.

Just so you’re aware EXP isn’t shared among all raid participants. If you’re not in the group that does the most dps you don’t get exp. In some content an enchanter will have a trash mob to charm so that will help but in others you will have to hope that you end up in the group doing all the dps (which frankly is not that frequent since they’ll want a healer and a bunch of melees half the time).

Maybe you knew that but if you didn’t just flagging for you

loramin
06-27-2022, 09:58 PM
Just so you’re aware EXP isn’t shared among all raid participants. If you’re not in the group that does the most dps you don’t get exp. In some content an enchanter will have a trash mob to charm so that will help but in others you will have to hope that you end up in the group doing all the dps (which frankly is not that frequent since they’ll want a healer and a bunch of melees half the time).

Maybe you knew that but if you didn’t just flagging for you

Yeah, in general you really shouldn't expect to gain, or even keep, your XP on raids.

Keep in mind that you die when raiding too, and even with a 96% rez, those 4% losses add up. You can die to mobs (or lava!) on the way to the fight, because something got trained on you before the fight (by another guild or not, on purpose or not), in the fight itself, because a charmed pet broke, etc.

Then (on quake days at least) you move on to the next target(s), with death again likely, so on a good day of raiding it's not unusual to wind up losing 40+% of an (unrezzed) death.

7thGate
06-28-2022, 11:21 AM
Yeah, in general you really shouldn't expect to gain, or even keep, your XP on raids.

Keep in mind that you die when raiding too, and even with a 96% rez, those 4% losses add up. You can die to mobs (or lava!) on the way to the fight, because something got trained on you before the fight (by another guild or not, on purpose or not), in the fight itself, because a charmed pet broke, etc.

Then (on quake days at least) you move on to the next target(s), with death again likely, so on a good day of raiding it's not unusual to wind up losing 40+% of an (unrezzed) death.

That's true, its partially class dependent.

It was easier for me to gain XP (slowly) while raiding because as a Rogue, I was often the tipping point causing the XP group to be the XP group, so was more likely to be making XP off trash clears than another class would be.

Jibartik
06-28-2022, 12:03 PM
Am I the only dick that forms the exp group no matter what the raid leader wants on like every raid they are on? That shit is like the best exp in the game.

Thank god for no raid tools.

misterbonkers
06-28-2022, 03:07 PM
half of 59 on my cleric made me say screw that and level my druid from like 29-54 instead, plus almost the entirety of said druid's epic. can't solo, and everyone only does KC unless they have a dedicated group planned for other spots. it feels like a brick wall would give my forehead more xp than KC gives my cleric.

Fammaden
06-28-2022, 04:47 PM
You need to make your own groups and head to KC basement if that's the only place you can manage to wrangle that group together. Basement is fine xp at 59 if you get a good chain pulling group together.

I've had ok luck just joining the bottom floor pickup session in Velks too, the mobs are all still blue at least. Hit or miss there though, but generally always some sort of rag tag group for xp in my experience.

I agree strongly that you can't just go join the stupid LCY group at 59, that's masochistic. Basement or bust if you're doing KC at 58+.

Jimjam
06-28-2022, 05:03 PM
Not only decayed soldiers in basement, but Hands, bodyguards and knights/protectors are also passable KC xp at 59. Plenty of summoning mobs, which is always a good sign once you hit mid/late 50s.

If you are 59 don’t settle for a puller bring level 39-43 mobs!!

Fammaden
06-28-2022, 05:18 PM
Yeah, hands can be ok pulling the BG's and the VS pit mobs and trying to grab some basement pulls also. But in reality a lot of hands groups have lazy or inexperienced pullers bringing you a lot of the same shit mobs you'd get in LCY so it can be a slog at 58+.