PDA

View Full Version : red 2.0 classic only is the solution.

Zoolander
06-01-2022, 08:08 PM
the smaller the world, the better the pvp.

am i rite?

Duvain
06-01-2022, 08:30 PM
I'd say Kunark over classic at least, that was prime EQ. Epics are fun to get IMO.

starkind
06-01-2022, 09:39 PM
If item loot is a thing. Definitely classic only.

Classic pvp is funner times than kunark. Kunark is where the pixel rot really takes hold. It has its merits tho as the above poster states with additional pve content.

If you deflated the stats on kunark and velious items to classic levels it'd be more reasonable. However both expansions add more space which is bad with a low pop. And also more multi stat items.

Re itemize both expansions and content to classic power levels and only release select zones? Sure.

I'd rather just have a plain old rallos 2.0 for 5 years or indefinitely and call it good like OP suggests. Keep it simple. It'll work.

reebz
06-01-2022, 11:44 PM
Classic dropped to an average of 8 people online, and people only came back when Kunark was announced

Zemgus
06-02-2022, 12:47 AM

am i rite?

vztzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, might of missed a z

A Knight
06-02-2022, 02:17 AM
Ya know, I might just vote for Gustoo's, classic Rallos Zek.

I thought EQ pvp was going to be stupid and too hardcore, and now I'm hooked.

Maybe it will be the same with Rallos. /shrugs I dun care. Ill still be the ultimate, highest level noob, in oasis.

11 mage lfg, I need to go to town to buy my spells.

Duvain
06-02-2022, 08:21 AM
Sullon Zek was my jam, minus the pvp XP loss anyways. Was never a fan of item loot.

Tradesonred
06-02-2022, 09:28 AM
Sullon Zek will never work here. Imagine letting people one-shot anyone that is trying to get a foothold on the server but didnt start at launch. As bad as xp loss. I dont think just classic will ever happen. What we need is a good pop at launch (pretty sure we would get close to 600, maybe more) and a good setup to make that last as long as possible.

Duvain
06-02-2022, 09:39 AM
Sullon Zek will never work here. Imagine letting people one-shot anyone that is trying to get a foothold on the server but didnt start at launch. As bad as xp loss. I dont think just classic will ever happen. What we need is a good pop at launch (pretty sure we would get close to 600, maybe more) and a good setup to make that last as long as possible.

Yea I just meant back in the day. I like the level range that was implemented in red P99. No level range here would be toxic af.

Old_PVP
06-02-2022, 10:16 AM

am i rite?

Rite you are! Fuck Kunark & fuck Velious. I've said it before:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3443247#post3443247

Classic all the way.

Gustoo
06-02-2022, 10:25 AM
Id love an iksar free server so I can be a human monk in the days when BIS still involved some cloth armor.

I know cloth was never BIs but you get the idea.

Or a rogue when 13/30 crystalline spear was one of the best stabbin tools.

PlsNoBan
06-02-2022, 05:49 PM

am i rite?

Considering the tendency for pvp servers to have lower pop counts than pve I'd say yeah. Smaller world won't feel *quite* so dead when the avg pop dips under 100 ppl at least.

EatitNerd
07-19-2022, 01:01 PM
Classic sucks, kunark is peak eq pvp, no real gear gap that can’t be overcome by skill. So much to do and the “world is too big” argument is retarded everyone knows where to find fights at. Not my fault you don’t wanna work your way down sebilis or kc to try and pvp.

A Knight
07-21-2022, 06:29 PM
I think classic only would attract more people. To those who haven't enjoyed all of classic, and are just trying Pvp for the first time.

I think someone else said it best. Keep it classic, and use Kunark as a back up plan, when pop stays dead for a couple of years.

Imago
07-24-2022, 11:02 PM
Id love an iksar free server so I can be a human monk in the days when BIS still involved some cloth armor.

I know cloth was never BIs but you get the idea.

Or a rogue when 13/30 crystalline spear was one of the best stabbin tools.

Jimjam
07-25-2022, 06:43 AM
Classic dropped to an average of 8 people online, and people only came back when Kunark was announced

classic dropped population 4 times as popular as velious dropped population.

confirmed - revert to classic!

Jimjam
07-25-2022, 06:45 AM

am i rite?

Faydwer only, max level 39. Concentrates the pop nicely while providing a nice mix of zones.

Sorry ebils - you gotta play a gnome not an dark ogrelf.

magnetaress
07-25-2022, 10:18 AM
Could always just make Cabilis an NPC dungeon :D

Lvl 20-50 IMO

Barik
07-29-2022, 09:43 AM
Classic sucks, kunark is peak eq pvp, no real gear gap that can’t be overcome by skill. So much to do and the “world is too big” argument is retarded everyone knows where to find fights at. Not my fault you don’t wanna work your way down sebilis or kc to try and pvp.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head here. Velious is a great raid expansion in all but it destroys the pvp server because it delineates the line between no lifers and casuals with raid gear and the biggest problem for pvp servers is keeping a healthy population.

Rust1d?
07-29-2022, 05:02 PM
Just do guild wars or city/faction wars with loot tables in the cities. This way people get their pixel fix without having to fuck around in Kunark. Add some Kunark raid loot to vox/naggy/phinny

Swish
08-10-2022, 01:15 PM
Classic locked for 10 years, then open Kunark after that...and stopping there.

Imago
08-10-2022, 02:18 PM
Classic locked for 10 years, then open Kunark after that...and stopping there.

Tomb
08-11-2022, 10:12 AM
I'd rather see blue/green get free character xfer or clones to red so we can have some fun

Vamael
08-11-2022, 03:07 PM
VOTE FOR KUNARK but i will accept classic and be happy
someone garage box it already

Tomb
08-14-2022, 03:19 PM
I think classic only would attract more people. To those who haven't enjoyed all of classic, and are just trying Pvp for the first time.

I think someone else said it best. Keep it classic, and use Kunark as a back up plan, when pop stays dead for a couple of years.

This :D

Stasis01
08-14-2022, 05:43 PM
classic teams, u got urself a box ill tell ya what.

Zuranthium
08-15-2022, 12:47 AM
Kunark, but connect a few Velious era zones to Everfrost - Velk's, Crystal Caverns, Tower of Frozen Shadow - since they are cool places and don't introduce overpowered items to the game (although we can just remove/modify items). The Warrens and Stonebrunt Mountans over in Odus are fine too. Add Surefall Glade port for Druids and Everfrost port for Wizards.

Give the hybrid classes their Velious era stats and rebalance some things in general between the classes.

Imago
08-15-2022, 01:12 AM
Kunark, but connect a few Velious era zones to Everfrost -

Stop it. Kunark is fantastic. Can it be made better with slight class tweaks after the fact? Sure. But get this extra zones bullshit out of here. Classic for years to make the content and zone experience relevant. Then Kunark to make the next step meaningful and bigger raids worth fighting each other and dying for.

AND THATS IT.

Zuranthium
08-15-2022, 05:09 AM
Kunark is fantastic.

So are those Velious zones, and making the Everfrost area of the game more active. I'd add Kael and Plane of Mischief too, if the item drops were balanced properly. There isn't too much landmass being added to the game with those dungeons, but lots of flavor.

Knuckle
08-16-2022, 05:45 PM
The only real solution at this point is a server where everyone starts at Velious Level 60, and they lose a level once a week. after 10 weeks, server is locked to kunark. 10 more weeks, classic. Untill everyone is level 1, then you win. Benjamin Button Everquest Classic Server.

Gustoo
08-17-2022, 08:26 PM
Benjamin button server would be cool.

Zoolander
08-19-2022, 05:53 PM
the mainprob about kunark and velious are those huge zones.

in classic we just have westkarana and maybe everfrost. thats one of the mainreasons why classic only would be the best option so we can actually fight over mobs instead of running 20 mins around to find a victim like it was back the day on our higher pop red in 2014.

i knew only one guy at that time who was actively pvping all day long in those huge kunark zones: tune the bard with selos speed.

i lost interest rly fast when kunark hit on my wiz with jboots.

Jibartik
08-19-2022, 06:37 PM
The only real solution at this point is a server where everyone starts at Velious Level 60, and they lose a level once a week. after 10 weeks, server is locked to kunark. 10 more weeks, classic. Untill everyone is level 1, then you win. Benjamin Button Everquest Classic Server.

how could an idea so insane make so much sense

Jimjam
08-20-2022, 09:24 AM

in classic we just have westkarana and maybe everfrost. thats one of the mainreasons why classic only would be the best option so we can actually fight over mobs instead of running 20 mins around to find a victim like it was back the day on our higher pop red in 2014.

i knew only one guy at that time who was actively pvping all day long in those huge kunark zones: tune the bard with selos speed.

Exactly. The server needs scarcity to ensure competition for resources. If there is enough space to not tread on any toes the only PVP that will happen is murderhobos.

Tradesonred
08-22-2022, 11:34 AM

Its true that doing corpse runs in kunark is one of the most boring experiences you can have in MMOs. That did not age well at all. Not everyone has pocket rezzers.

One way to set up a classic server for expansions: Kunark would be like the sleeper. You unlock it only if we go past 700 people after a year+ of classic, Velious at 1000 or something like that.

Jimjam
08-22-2022, 01:06 PM
This is why I like the Lavastorm area on red. You can bind in Neriak, a handy town full of all the supplies you need. You can 'bank' platinum in Lavastorm with combine weapons or whatever. You encounter PVP, have a fun little fight, and it's not frustrating if you end up dead because it is a short run back, and it gives a chance to restock on food / bandages/potions/arrows/new spells.

The cities in Kunark suck, or even worse you are bound in one of the 'safe' spots which have very little capacity for restock (if any). The zones are huge, making corpse runs drawn out, but are also full of random high level see invis casting sow speed mobs.

Basically an old world PvP encounter increases fun, a Kunark one decreases it. That is just my perspective, which is definitely biased as I've been playing warriors most recently on red.

Zuranthium
08-24-2022, 02:55 AM
The huge zones of Kunark didn't make any negative impact for me, people go to certain priority spots, it's not like you had to wander around Dreadlands or Burning Woods randomly to find PvP. It was interesting for me when people tried to chase across long distances too. Had some really fun times in Emerald Jungle and Trakanon's Teeth, being able to lose people in the forests, but not sure if they were still pursuing. It was exciting, like actual guerilla warfare would play out, and being able to use the fantasy environment to its fullest.

I don't think it's much different than Old World anyway when you look at the Karanas, Feerroot, Innothule, L-Fay, Everfrost, OOT. You're generally closer to a town, sure, but that feeling of the untamed wilderness in Kunark is special. With proper balancing of ZEM's (and proper server population) there should be plenty of Old World PvP in Kunark era anyway.

JayDee
08-24-2022, 09:02 AM

am i rite?

Vanilla pvp is the best. only problem is the pve content gets stale fast