PDA

View Full Version : Please don't quake on Memorial Day

SantagarBrax
05-23-2022, 08:51 PM
It would be such a supreme disrespect on a day where we are all supposed to remember those that have paid the ultimate price for our freedoms.

All gave some, some gave all.

V/r,

4th Generation U.S. ARMY Veteran

Fammaden
05-23-2022, 09:26 PM
You're right, they should shut down the server all day to prevent anyone from disrespectful everquest playing.

Bardp1999
05-23-2022, 10:30 PM
I'd be surprised if Rogean even remembers if he left the servers plugged in or not at this point

Tethler
05-23-2022, 10:49 PM
It would be such a supreme disrespect on a day where we are all supposed to remember those that have paid the ultimate price for our freedoms.

All gave some, some gave all.

V/r,

4th Generation U.S. ARMY Veteran

A supreme disrespect to spawn boss mobs on an emulated video game on memorial day? Lmao, dude.

If the day is so important for you, maybe just don't log on and do your memorializing.

thesigher
05-24-2022, 08:18 AM
Shouldn’t this be In rants/flames? Or politics?

My family is retired army/navy & they “play” cards, board games, drinking games, video games…how is EverQuest disrespectful?

-Catherin-
05-26-2022, 06:58 PM
Almost certain i think. They have always done a lot of quakes in ways that make life hard for the raiders. Those double quakes are awful, but funny in a twisted kind of way.

Nibblewitz
05-26-2022, 09:20 PM
Indeed; give up your freedom to play this game while honoring the brave heroes that gave their lives for your freedom.

Ripqozko
05-26-2022, 10:44 PM
they didnt quake for jesus on easter and at least it made sense he was a 3 day respawn.

-Catherin-
05-27-2022, 08:17 PM
That's one.

Not Memorial Day, but wait for it.

Nikkanu
05-27-2022, 08:51 PM
I'd say do two quakes on Memorial day! Give the veterans that enjoy p99 something fun to do if they so choose. I am a US Army Veteran and I see no issues with playing games and enjoying yourself on Memorial Day. Seems like that's the whole point, enjoy the things you are free to do while remembering those that helped make that possible. Remember, just because there's a quake doesn't mean you have to log in if you are busy!

thesigher
05-27-2022, 09:05 PM
Sorry, I may have misunderstood the OP’s comment. What exactly is a “quake”? To me Quake is a FPS, One if the best and original competitive FPS if I recall.

What is a “quake” in EverQuest terms? I last played from 2002-2005ish & never heard the term?

-Catherin-
05-28-2022, 11:30 AM
A quake is when they respawn all the raid mobs in the game... a "simulated server reset" since that happened almost weekly on live. The screen shakes and there is a yellow text announcement. Commences in raid guilds crying over dragons for the next 10 hours.

There was some really good material this time, moreso than usual lol

Azure Ogre
06-04-2022, 07:18 PM
Server is broke now, still waiting for quack