PDA

View Full Version : Bind points

nineonesix
04-26-2022, 11:32 PM
I completely forget, what places in EQ bindable? I.e Cities, zone ins etc? I ask because im an iksar heading to high keep, and was wondering if i could grab a bind in high keep zone in maybe, or anywhere near.

Thanks for helping.

DeathsSilkyMist
04-26-2022, 11:40 PM
If you have Bind Affinity as a spell, then you can bind just about anywhere, with a few exceptions such as Temple of Veeshan. As an Iksar that means Shamans and Necromancers can Bind themselves.

If you don't have Bind Affinity as a spell (Monk, Warrior, Shadowknight), you are restricted to being bound in cities. Generally speaking you can bind anywhere within the city, but obviously you don't want to bind in an area that is dangerous to yourself.

I believe High Keep is a city, and bindable. Since you are an Iksar, doing it at the zone line would probably be safest.

Jimjam
04-27-2022, 01:01 AM
Lake of ill omen (wind mill) and frontier mountains (ruins -check map!) both have bindable areas for melee*. As is the druid camp in North Karana. There may be more.

There is a rechargeable item melee can use to bind themselves as if they were a caster. Locket of Escape iirc?

There are areas where even caster’s can’t bind. Most notably ToV as aforementioned and ‘the Firepots’ in Timorous Deep.

* confirmation needed.

Ps Outside the Kaesora Library in Field of Bone also has a bindable area. I wonder if WW/SoNH also had one added in classic?

Videri
04-27-2022, 01:05 AM
Here https://wiki.project1999.com/Bind_Locations

unleashedd
04-27-2022, 02:29 PM
Karnors is off limits too. Found out a few days ago.

sideshow
05-01-2022, 07:37 AM
You can bind at gypsy camp on NK as well. Con everyone first, the enchanted Ezmirella is threatening to my iksar monk so I bound on the other sides edge by Roule.

Insomnia
05-01-2022, 12:05 PM
If youre going to High keep I'd say freeport is your best bet, you can get a sow on your way through and its a pretty short run with little danger if you know the exact route to get there from Highpass. You could also grab a quick port in EC or WC to Misty, ask for a invis and run through Rivervale for a much shorter run.

LazyHydras
05-01-2022, 08:46 PM
Freeport is a pretty good place to bind, as you are closer to both EC & WC. Highkeep is alright if you are fighting there anyway, but you'll start to feel the pain if you remain bound there at high levels, as it's a bit of a walk to get back to civilization (and porters).

Highkeep is not VERY useful as an Iksar (as compared with other races) mainly because although there is a neutral vendor in there, it takes a long long time to get non-KoS with the banker (although you can still bank there if you know how to bank from around the corner).

mr_jon3s
05-01-2022, 09:30 PM
Rivervale is also right there. No one really brings guards to the kith zoneline and a lot of druids use rivervale as a bank spot.

Bardp1999
05-01-2022, 11:39 PM
Firepots or GTFO

starkind
05-02-2022, 08:49 AM
All outdoor zones should be bindable unless they have dungeons in them by everyone.

oldschoolguy
05-02-2022, 04:21 PM
sadly icewell keep is not bindable.

IMO should not be the case. just makes it a real PITA to go there since most classes can't sell there, and have to gate out and have a long trip back...

Jimjam
05-02-2022, 04:42 PM
Uck someone bind raped my blue warrior after ~60 levels of keeping my Misty Thicket newbie spawn point. Very annoying and apparently GMs can’t reset bind points so I have to make do with Rivervale now. Glad to hear this won’t happen to any future aspiring halflings looking to murder dwarven kings.

Bind affinity should create a consent pop up box similar to tl and rez. Too much room for troll binding and apparently GMs won’t do anything about it.

Ennewi
05-03-2022, 09:58 AM
Could always pay for a locket bind and have it done at the wall or in one of the unoccupied huts. PoM seems like a good alternative for halflings. But yeah, similar to translocate and rez, bind needed to include a confirmation window. CotH could have used one as well, then a group or two could get a box and click in at the same time.