PDA

View Full Version : We Chose Efficiency Over Resilience -- Now We Pay

Castle2.0
04-23-2022, 08:49 PM
Production
Supply chain
Monetary policy

We chose efficiency over resilience. It works until it doesn't. When it doesn't, we pay big.

We saved a few bucks in the short term, but hurt ourselves in the long term.

HODL your Bitcoin.

starkind
04-23-2022, 09:06 PM
Thanks why /ran is the best system.

GinnasP99
04-23-2022, 09:26 PM
Don't know about you guys, but I pay my bills in dollars. Also, shredded.

Jimjam
04-23-2022, 09:28 PM
Personally I trade in bronze axe heads. The original (and best) currency.

Reiwa
04-23-2022, 09:35 PM
Just-in-time supply logistics are one standing, bitcoin is a much more retarded standing.

Thanks. :)

Kaveh
04-24-2022, 12:32 AM
Bitcoin isn’t in the Bible

If you HODL, you’ll be in HELL

Bardp1999
04-24-2022, 12:41 AM
Well, on the plus side we have electricity, internet, fast food, AC/Heating, houses, and the vast majority of humans don't die from hunger/bandits/disease/cold and live past 25 or 30. So I guess it could (and has been) worse.

We also have options for our profession besides street hooker or fisherman

Jibartik
04-24-2022, 12:57 AM
More people die per capita today due to accidents, cancers, and other dangers of the modern world, than they did a broken leg in the tribal days.

Medicine has promised us happiness in the form of immortality, but it has given us nothing but more pain in the form of your kids not calling and then you die from falling off the toilet too hard, alone.

Medicine is bad so is electricity and all science. Repent before it's too late!

Satan lied to you! Look into the snakes eyes and you will see!

https://i.imgur.com/8Epq1du.png

https://i.imgur.com/k7SajeS.gif

https://i.imgur.com/BgNx6t0.png

starkind
04-24-2022, 01:43 AM
More people die per capita today due to accidents, cancers, and other dangers of the modern world, than they did a broken leg in the tribal days.

Medicine has promised us happiness in the form of immortality, but it has given us nothing but more pain in the form of your kids not calling and then you die from falling off the toilet too hard, alone.

Medicine is bad so is electricity and all science. Repent before it's too late!

Satan lied to you! Look into the snakes eyes and you will see!

https://i.imgur.com/8Epq1du.png

https://i.imgur.com/k7SajeS.gif

https://i.imgur.com/BgNx6t0.png

Tru.

Funnily enough they are constantly studying agrarian and fisher, hunter societies cuz it turns out if they make it to adulthood they easily live past 80. Comfortably. With. O serious health decline until right before death. Not on like fistfuls of meds for shit like blood pressure or whatever. Or regular kidney dialysis, cpap machines, etc..

Not a cripple by 35 or 50.

The generation born before the 40s is the last generation to live without major cancer and endocrine diseases or being stabbed by a crazy junkie on dangerous meds or drugs. Or dying of weird ass STDs.

It's all down hill until the great reset now.

One final alternative is warrior societies. Which have a lower survival rate, those that do live just as well as the non industrial agrarian that don't consume trash. And know how to care for themselves without electricity. Or plumbing.

Big cities are the #1 place to go die horrifically when the water and food run out. And the state cannot even subsidize big retailers or supermarkets. Or costs skyrocket. The USA will collapse just like the USSR.

It's taken a bit longer because we won at exploiting other countries for so long. That will change. Either on our terms or theirs. Although I suspect it's too late for most Americans to pull their heads collectively outa their own asses.

Jimjam
04-24-2022, 04:18 AM
Recent study finds fruit and veg sold in the UK is less than half as nutritious as that sold 80 years ago. Even eating well you’re eating shit. No wonder our bodies are all fucked before we even hit our forties.

I swear I’m gonna go back to a village in the Med, where everything is grown locally by small farmers and sold by the farmers at market. Super market tomatoes are just sacks of unflavoured water so I have no doubt the first paragraph is true.

Feeling cute, might post tomato source later.

Jimjam
04-24-2022, 05:02 AM
*not everything, but at least you have the option.

starkind
04-24-2022, 08:27 AM
Yeah. Don't drag yourself down in guilt over the collective bs. I have a nice garden at home and the wild tomatoes are great here.

I'm just really biased too because everyone I know under 70 has the bodies of 120 year olds.

Nibblewitz
04-24-2022, 10:23 AM
In competitive markets, efficiency is the only way to get a profit. Government control will give you neither efficiency nor resilience.

unsunghero
04-24-2022, 12:02 PM
Nothing compares for me to the benefits of consistent income from employment. I would not be as comfortable with income based on commission, or based on my production such as being an artist. I don’t like the idea of varying periods of low or no income. It has to be consistent

Employment gives the benefits of:

- a routine, which is crucial to one’s mental health

- forced socialization for most jobs, which keeps the skill intact. Communication, especially effective communication, is an extremely powerful tool for any personal goal that involves others

- a sense of purpose. Anyone who doesn’t feel this from their job is most likely cutting corners everywhere they can, and is subconsciously guilty that they are cheating their customers and employer

- a sense of bettering the community around you in some way. Again, anyone who doesn’t feel this is most likely subconsciously guilty about their poor work performance, or else may have a job that is unethical, such as trying to sell people something they don’t really need

Those are the main psychological benefits of working to me

starkind
04-24-2022, 12:05 PM
food preservation using mud and straw containers is known as Kanjna. Keeps fruit fresh up to 6 months apparently. https://imgur.com/gallery/3243g7Y

Also I agree unsunghero. People often neglect the good benefits of work. No arguments there.

Jimjam
04-24-2022, 12:12 PM
Nothing compares for me to the benefits of consistent income from employment. I would not be as comfortable with income based on commission, or based on my production such as being an artist. I don’t like the idea of varying periods of low or no income. It has to be consistent

Employment gives the benefits of:

- a routine, which is crucial to one’s mental health

- forced socialization for most jobs, which keeps the skill intact. Communication, especially effective communication, is an extremely powerful tool for any personal goal that involves others

- a sense of purpose. Anyone who doesn’t feel this from their job is most likely cutting corners everywhere they can, and is subconsciously guilty that they are cheating their customers and employer

- a sense of bettering the community around you in some way. Again, anyone who doesn’t feel this is most likely subconsciously guilty about their poor work performance, or else may have a job that is unethical, such as trying to sell people something they don’t really need

Those are the main psychological benefits of working to me

I worked on the data collection of a Phd which pretty well supported this post.

MrSparkle001
04-25-2022, 09:49 AM
Recent study finds fruit and veg sold in the UK is less than half as nutritious as that sold 80 years ago. Even eating well you’re eating shit. No wonder our bodies are all fucked before we even hit our forties.

I swear I’m gonna go back to a village in the Med, where everything is grown locally by small farmers and sold by the farmers at market. Super market tomatoes are just sacks of unflavoured water so I have no doubt the first paragraph is true.

Feeling cute, might post tomato source later.

Produce is often unripe and has been bred for shelf life as we don't just eat what's in season anymore.

I'd say people had worse health problems by their forties back in the day anyway. Environmental pollution, lack of nutritional knowledge, lack of vaccinations, food quality was very hit-or-miss, it all contributed to health problems as you aged.