PDA

View Full Version : Quillmane Question

zanderklocke
04-20-2022, 02:08 PM
I was looking at the wiki entry on Quillmane and read the following:

https://i.imgur.com/Iwnmne2.jpg

Does this mechanic actually work and basically alert the player if Quillmane popped "somewhere" in the zone immediately after the placeholder is killed? I wasn't aware this was something you could do to check triggers when you are spawning something with a pet class.

I always thought not knowing if Quillmane popped or not was the hardest part of doing the cycle.

Haxom
04-20-2022, 02:18 PM
Yes, it works. It's called pet tracking.

zanderklocke
04-20-2022, 02:24 PM
That's awesome; I feel like I'm always learning new mechanics in this game.

wwoneo
04-20-2022, 03:47 PM
That's awesome; I feel like I'm always learning new mechanics in this game.

You did all of those QM farms without pet tracking? You poor soul. This also works with bard charm pet tracking.

Gustoo
04-20-2022, 03:53 PM
But the mob doesn't spawn instantly after a place holder is killed right?

The function of pet tracking would just indicate that the mob exists in the zone, right?

zanderklocke
04-20-2022, 10:11 PM
But the mob doesn't spawn instantly after a place holder is killed right?

The function of pet tracking would just indicate that the mob exists in the zone, right?

Quillmane has a small chance to spawn somewhere in the zone immediately after a placeholder trigger is killed.

Therefore, if you were to get the message "Attacking Quillmane", you know that you don't need to keep killing placeholders and instead could go find Quillmane. When I used to farm Quillmane, I'd spent like 10-15 mins killing placeholders, then would go look for Quillmane hoping that she was up. It wasn't super efficient, but at least my bard could run through the zone pretty fast, and I knew all of Quillmane's spawn paths. It was much easier when I had someone continue to kill placeholders while I ran around the zone. Still though...the pet tracking would have made farming Quillmane so much easier.