PDA

View Full Version : Adding Custom Items to P99

nilzark
04-19-2022, 10:21 AM
What new items would you like to see added to the Blue server? List full name, stats, drop status, and who it would drop from.

VII
04-19-2022, 12:19 PM
Slate’s Kazoo
Right click effect: Slate’s Sonata
alignment buff for guards of west and north freeport. allowing unaligned or evil races access to merchants and banks free of torture of the guards
Drop from Sergeant Slate, 2% drop chance, no other stats

Jibartik
04-19-2022, 12:27 PM
Epic quest rewards that are all/all

oldschoolguy
04-19-2022, 12:35 PM
there i think not enough diety specific quest items. the once there are are mostly for healers. would be neat if that got expanded. that would be in spirit of classic eq making diety choices interesting.

and more illusions for chanters. would be neat to have kunark illusion sarnak or goblin.
for velious to turn into coldain something useful like coldain/kael wolf.
for classic turning into a frog for guk

but of course those changes as fun as they may be, would change the game and it no longer would be classic

Jibartik
04-19-2022, 12:47 PM
Epic quest items for classes that can click one of the regular spell gems a class swaps in and out.

Yeah I like faction modifiers Oldschoolguy, that's a great idea.

More plate items for casters, robes for melee's. But lets not overdo it :o

Bows with big procs to make archery DPS viable?

More bard interments.

Reverse fungi that has great stats.

Jibartik
04-19-2022, 01:05 PM
I always liked the idea of a server where any class could use any spell, maybe like some ALL/ALL class outfits:

Sol Ro:

Robe: Fire harmshield buff - HP degen (burning of ro)
Main Hand: Rod of Ro: Fire proc
Off hand: Shield of Ro: Fire bash proc/click fire spell
Gloves: Click Fire DD
Boots: Click Fire Utility spell maybe a short durration levitation/sow fire walk spell.

idk, then like do something like this for a bunch of classes and maybe just totally break the game and see what happens.

But it'd be cool to see a high elf with a flaming mace and shield and a red robe with yellow boots and gloves run by leaving a trail of fire behind him.

GardylooGubbins
04-19-2022, 01:45 PM
The Darkpaw

Drops from Fippy Darkpaw (Less than one percent drop rate)

Range slot item, One Charge effect of teleport to Qeynos gates, negative faction to Qeynos guards and citizens.

Gustoo
04-19-2022, 01:54 PM
The darkpaw is a great item idea.

Should not cause negative faction hit to use it though. That is beyond custom.

Half percent drop rate on the darkpaw for sure. Awesome idea.

MrSparkle001
04-19-2022, 02:11 PM
A Bind Affinity clicky with no charges (unlimited) so non-casters don't have to beg or wait forever to get binds in the more unpopular cities, because while it's classic that they have to have someone bind them it's not classic that places like Qeynos, Halas, Erudin etc. are ghost towns for much of the day.

Croco
04-19-2022, 02:16 PM
Luclin

Gustoo
04-19-2022, 02:59 PM
A Bind Affinity clicky with no charges (unlimited) so non-casters don't have to beg or wait forever to get binds in the more unpopular cities, because while it's classic that they have to have someone bind them it's not classic that places like Qeynos, Halas, Erudin etc. are ghost towns for much of the day.

If I was making a customization I would consider this request by adding a soulbinder NPC that stays in each city for 30 minutes and then walks to the next location.

Erudin, Paineel, Qeynos, Halas, Rivervale, Nek, Freeport, Kaladim, Akanon, Felwith, Kelethin

And then back through each of the cities. This NPC takes the boat.

Jibartik
04-19-2022, 03:01 PM
The Darkpaw

Drops from Fippy Darkpaw (Less than one percent drop rate)

Range slot item, One Charge effect of teleport to Qeynos gates, negative faction to Qeynos guards and citizens.

it should put a debuff on you that lasts for 1hr that makes you KOS to qeynos guards and illusion gnoll :D

Jibartik
04-19-2022, 03:03 PM
If I was making a customization I would consider this request by adding a soulbinder NPC that stays in each city for 30 minutes and then walks to the next location.

Erudin, Paineel, Qeynos, Halas, Rivervale, Nek, Freeport, Kaladim, Akanon, Felwith, Kelethin

I'd like some merchants that I could bring item drops to, to give me meals that provide stat increases!

Hmm I'd like more merchants, I'd like mechants to sell fine plate at a lower price, so it's actually an upgrade to bronze but not dropped armor, and I'd like some black smiths that could convert items into new items and I'd have to do quests.

Jibartik
04-19-2022, 03:04 PM
Epic quest for official halfling status with an illusion halfling mask from the Mayor.

Gustoo
04-19-2022, 03:11 PM
it should put a debuff on you that lasts for 1hr that makes you KOS to qeynos guards and illusion gnoll :D

Illusion Gnoll debuff coupled with the port would be amazing.

Gustoo
04-19-2022, 03:14 PM
Epic quest for official halfling status with an illusion halfling mask from the Mayor.

It would be all about wearing some kind of ridiciulous foot equippable all/all BAG and collecting ground spawn vegetables and herbs from every region in Norrath.

It would also require you to TYPE into the text box long stories about halfling lore in order to progress the quest (no simple 1 word in paranthesis triggers for NPCs)

The lore is mostly gossip about NPC's in rivervale

But now we're talking about the dreamland custom / vanilla server.

Jibartik
04-19-2022, 03:15 PM
foot equippable all/all BAG

i am dead

It would also require you to TYPE into the text box long stories about halfling lore in order to progress the quest (no simple 1 word in paranthesis triggers for NPCs)

"Hail."

"Would be [cool] to have a ton of these [brackets] in your text and for there to be a bunch of random [combinations] of ways that the NPC would say quest text and so you actually had to read it and find all the [correct brackets] or at the very best copy and paste like 10 different variations of the [quest] response text that you could spam, but also you could [put] text in there that would void the quest [back] to step 1 if you got it wrong, so yea [players] would actually have to read and bracket out and say exactly the correct insanely complicated quest response in an already broken quest response system that eq [questing] is right now lol that'd be great and [painful]."

"Hail."

"[Would] be cool to have a ton [of these] brackets in your [text] and for there to be a bunch of [random] combinations of ways that the [NPC] would say quest text and so you actually had to read it and find all the correct brackets or at the very best copy and paste like 10 different variations of the quest [response] text that you could [spam], but also you could put text in there that would void the quest back to step 1 if you got it wrong, so yea players would actually have to read and bracket out and say exactly the correct insanely [complicated] quest response in an already broken quest response system that eq [questing] is right now lol that'd be [great] and painful."

"Hail."

"Would be cool to have a [ton] of these brackets in your text and for there to be a [bunch] of random combinations of ways that the NPC would [say] quest text and so you actually had to read it and find all the correct brackets or at the very best copy and paste like 10 different variations of the quest response text that you could spam, but also you could put text in there that would void the quest back to step 1 if you [got it wrong], so [yea] players would actually have to read and bracket out and say exactly the correct insanely complicated quest response in an already broken quest response system that [eq] questing is right now [lol] that'd be great and painful."

This quest would suck! :D

MrSparkle001
04-19-2022, 04:14 PM

That's just as bad as standing around waiting for someone capable of binding and that won't ignore you.

It was never a problem in classic because of the number of players everywhere. Even Erudin. Took a few minutes to get a bind.

Gustoo
04-19-2022, 04:15 PM
It's not supposed to be easy, but it is supposed to be not impossible. You could ask other people in the zone when the last time they saw the soul binder so you know how long you have to wait because he always runs on schedule which would at least allow you to play an alt for a while.

MrSparkle001
04-19-2022, 04:50 PM
I'm all for a soulbinder but not one that you'll be lucky to see where you need it at the time you're playing. Consider for a minute that I may only have an hour or two at most to play when I get home from work...

Pint
04-19-2022, 05:02 PM
Luclin

Jibartik
04-19-2022, 05:44 PM
https://i.imgur.com/AOCXPhV.gif

nilzark
04-21-2022, 07:42 AM
Magical fire beetle eyes that have 1 charge of Burst of Fire. All/all. Rare drop that can help lowbies get an edge.

Jimjam
04-21-2022, 08:37 AM
Making vendor bought potions stackable or able to be combined into 5/10 dose potions (just like the player made ones).

A decent haste potion. Perhaps one from vendor for the standard 10pp price but with some kind of draw back (like how other potions blind, stun, dot, etc). A better version should be craftable too, perhaps roughly based around augmentation in terms of duration and %.

More consumable orb type clickies from vendor, similar to the Crystallized Pumice. Perhaps 5 doses of drowsy for 15pp.

I also think vendor bought weapons from Kunark and Velious should have scaled better with the weapons dropped/quested in those expansions - combine and well-balanced were pretty decent for their time, but the options added with Kunark and Velious were similar to those and not really the same % better as the rest of those expacs gear were.

Player made weapons ought to be closer in quality to player made armour. They're basically useless, which is a shame since many of the armour suits are serviceable to 50 or even 60.

Lastly - jewellery: it should be possible to break looted cash jewellery into its constituent parts. Like wise, it should be possible to set a gem of your choice on to any silver/gold/etc rings you find. There should also be a vendor purchased stat ring, not dissimilar to the fire resist earrings available in Lavastorm. I suggest some cold resist earrings available for purchase from the adventure camp / gypsies in Everfrost.

Jimjam
04-21-2022, 08:45 AM
I'd like some merchants that I could bring item drops to, to give me meals that provide stat increases!

Hmm I'd like more merchants, I'd like mechants to sell fine plate at a lower price, so it's actually an upgrade to bronze but not dropped armor, and I'd like some black smiths that could convert items into new items and I'd have to do quests.

The vendor bought plate/chain armours actually have pretty reasonable resell values. They are a pretty decent way of wearing some liquefiable wealth at lower level.

Jimjam
04-21-2022, 08:50 AM
Also all melee classes should have access to their own class specific haste clicky roughly equivalent to the Cloak of Dark Skies / Robe of the Whistling Fist. Nalot's Eyepatch is cool but lacklustre.

Jimjam
04-21-2022, 08:53 AM
Deity based familiars that you can rent in exchange for 1) tribute to that god's church or 2) performing actions that please the deity.

bivouac
04-21-2022, 10:58 AM
Raider's Retina Saver
Slot: Ammo
A light source with higher priority than any other but emits no light. Works when equipped or from inventory. Either tinkered or bought from some gnome vendor.

Jimjam
04-21-2022, 11:47 AM
Raider's Retina Saver
Slot: Ammo
A light source with higher priority than any other but emits no light. Works when equipped or from inventory. Either tinkered or bought from some gnome vendor.

Darksource is a great idea! Should also be worn ultravision.

Sarkhan
04-21-2022, 01:24 PM
How about Veksar getting added?

Tweak some items like removing focus effects and/or make them no-drop. Maybe nerf some items entirely if they are too strong.

But overall its a great zone and so much closer to classic than most other later additions.

Bardp1999
04-21-2022, 03:45 PM
How about Veksar getting added?

Tweak some items like removing focus effects and/or make them no-drop. Maybe nerf some items entirely if they are too strong.

But overall its a great zone and so much closer to classic than most other later additions.

This is the way - this place works so naturally with P99

Thermite
04-24-2022, 12:00 PM
Sure it got said.... but Shared Banks would be amazing

starkind
04-24-2022, 12:17 PM
Magic, Katana +2 agility +2mr, fr like one delay better than FS from a goblin in LS pretty rare tho and not a static spawn (could be any goblin in zone). Rare chance to proc a 5 dmg fire nuke. 1 click charge of okiels radiation or w/e.

Call it Lava Star. Lore. Vendors for like 18p.

foxchris509
04-24-2022, 05:15 PM
+1 to veksar and shared bank on blue

Tunabros
04-24-2022, 09:05 PM
cringe

Jibartik
04-24-2022, 09:37 PM
Combat Bandaging skill for Warriors.

Imago
04-24-2022, 11:21 PM
FV ruleset for some /popcorn

snyder61
04-25-2022, 10:37 AM
Updated epic weapons. Make it a turn in npc that takes epic + top tier vulak/tunare/ fill in other bis weapons for casters and spits out your epic with top notch stats and D/D ratio with the same epic abilities maybe slightly better (oh god would i kill for a necro epic that mixes current epic with vp staff)with the same epic skin maybe just a different shade.

Example: sk epic + palladius axe = sk epic with palladius axe stats and a slightly better lifetap dot proc

Loadsamoney
04-25-2022, 11:27 AM
Class-specific armor that simulates the effects of AA's:

For instance, two pieces of Ranger armor:

Blademasters Grips of Supremacy: Gives the Ranger Critical Hits in melee combat (less than Warrior, no Crippling Blows).

Earthbound Boots of Martial Prowess: Increases Kick damage, Kick gains stunning/spell interrupt effects.

Jimjam
04-25-2022, 11:35 AM
Thats a great idea Cashflash!

I’d love to see skill mods on items too. Perhaps augmentations to add %dodge skill, etc and spell focus to items as a small level of customisation.

Loadsamoney
04-25-2022, 11:59 AM
Thats a great idea Cashflash!

I’d love to see skill mods on items too. Perhaps augmentations to add %dodge skill, etc and spell focus to items as a small level of customisation.

Something for a Bard to give them a chance for Double Attack.

nilzark
04-26-2022, 12:28 PM
Something for a Bard to give them a chance for Double Attack.

On that note, a necklace that allows SK to dual wield.

Allishia
04-26-2022, 01:43 PM
Warriors need a clickys agro with a cool down timer /nod. Like an item that lets you one click every 30 seconds +600 hate.

Ripqozko
04-26-2022, 03:31 PM
Warriors need a clickys agro with a cool down timer /nod. Like an item that lets you one click every 30 seconds +600 hate.

like kings scepter? yall have that on farm.

Loadsamoney
04-26-2022, 03:41 PM
On that note, a necklace that allows SK to dual wield.

Can you imagine an SK with dual Blood Points + their life leech spells?

BTW, awesome avatar. Jump Magic Jump, Dance Magic Dance.

Grumph
04-26-2022, 11:08 PM
Soulfire quest custom extansions.

Each Race/class gets its own version.

Like soul calibre.

Borak
04-26-2022, 11:28 PM
Sounds good. My Prexus paladin is ready for a water sword (https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/rpg-simulator/images/6/68/Dark_water_sword-0.png/revision/latest?cb=20200520194129).

Jibartik
04-27-2022, 12:20 AM
Crypt of Rahotep.

nilzark
04-28-2022, 06:35 AM
BTW, awesome avatar. Jump Magic Jump, Dance Magic Dance.
z6DJmp21vcQ

Loadsamoney
04-28-2022, 11:31 AM
z6DJmp21vcQ

I don't know which Jim Henson movie I loved more, Labyrynth, or The Dark Crystal.

Ennewi
05-03-2022, 07:30 PM
Classic items could be reused but placed on other loot tables to present a challenge to max level players, with drop rates similar to the guardian robe.

Firiona Vie guards' ultra-rare drop: guise of the coercer
Overthere dragoons' ultra-rare drop: guise of the deceiver

The inclusion of more city leaders, akin to Dain, would also spread all of the raiding guilds out.
Ex.: Firiona Vie at the FV outpost, sharing Tunare's loot table but only dropping 1-2 items instead of 2-4 (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231065&page=6).

https://i.imgur.com/LYuzpyY.jpg