PDA

View Full Version : Bards solo. What is possible?

busted
04-18-2022, 02:42 PM
Reviving this thread https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87598

Excluding swarming/kiting around non-summon mobs, What are some impressive things you've soloed on your bard?

Any examples out there of bards doing the solo artist challenges?

What is possible?

Thank you friends!

enjchanter
04-18-2022, 08:02 PM
Kindof a loaded question
Of it doesn't summon you can kinda just kill anything eventually and if it doesn't summon it's probably a blue con mob thats easily killed in General.

Toxigen
04-19-2022, 05:41 AM
Sugz does some pretty amazing solo bard stuff, namely HS west.

https://www.twitch.tv/sugz4/videos

busted
04-19-2022, 01:47 PM
Dang nice mention Toxigen

Found these 2 videos:

- Bard soloing skeletal procurator in HS west https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1232511853
- Swarming in HS West https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1155754690 (woah!)

What else have you all killed (Summoning or non-summoning that was challenging to kill / get to)?

Vivitron
04-19-2022, 05:57 PM
At 60 while working on my epic, I decided to kill a drolvarg warlord (bog standard level 53 warrior mob afaict, and on the solo artist list) by doing melee/slow/ds and mez/regen when I was low.

It took 27 minutes. Would not recommend.

You can pbaoe the room easily when the named isn't up though, which is kind of cool. In one of Sugz's HS videos he shows the technique of keeping a summoner mezzed nearby while pbaoeing the rest, so if I were going to try to solo it again maybe I would mez lock the warlord, pbaoe the room and jail, then use the space to have a little room to fear.

Sizar
04-21-2022, 09:16 PM
If you can mez it, a 60 bard can kill it solo. Some exceptions

mattydef
04-22-2022, 01:30 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Yeldema

Can solo kill a dragon!

Jibartik
04-22-2022, 01:41 PM
If you can fear it...

https://i.imgur.com/rlAqgUN.png

damaddar
04-25-2022, 02:00 PM
you can probably do everything on the solo artist challenge up through solo disciple, maybe even some of the howling stones named as long as they are mezzable (if 53 or lower u should be good). getting something like orb of tishan or journeymans walking stick is really important because your mezz will resist and potentially break otherwise on the higher level mobs.

the hardest part would be pulling some of them to somewhat of a safe spot because you will likely have respawns trying to kill something like Froggy, It will take a long time unless you have some decent gear, otherwise you just wont much damage before you have to mezz and heal. fungi/singing steel bp (both) are great items to have. Everything in karnors castle you can just pull/train to the zone in (as long as nobodys there :D) and mezz/snare, zone out, and retag.

a fully decked out bard on p99 might be able to solo some tougher non mezzable, summoning mobs by kiting and sustaining with regen songs / singing steel BP and slowly killing with chants or damage shield. I know on live during PoP era i could do this on the dark elves in kithicor that dropped RBG, twisting regen and singing steel bp and innate tankiness i was able to outregen the damage i took from getting summoned while slowly killing them. An unlucky stun might be too punishing here though, but im sure its possible with raid gear, dain ring, vp lute, maybe a few wort pots etc. basically you're a bootleg torpor shaman that runs in circles.

tldr; if you can mezz it you can kill it!

mathe34
12-19-2022, 11:14 PM
Reviving this thread https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87598 fnf (https://fnfonline.co/)

Excluding swarming/kiting around non-summon mobs, What are some impressive things you've soloed on your bard?

Any examples out there of bards doing the solo artist challenges?

What is possible?

Thank you friends!

Bards' solo game can be challenging and isolating. Yes, bards are the finest class in the game (thanks KarmaThaKing! ), but there are three ways to solo and meleeing is effectively out of the question until about level 60.

Vivitron
12-21-2022, 12:42 PM
At 60 while working on my epic, I decided to kill a drolvarg warlord (bog standard level 53 warrior mob afaict, and on the solo artist list) by doing melee/slow/ds and mez/regen when I was low.

It took 27 minutes. Would not recommend.

You can pbaoe the room easily when the named isn't up though, which is kind of cool. In one of Sugz's HS videos he shows the technique of keeping a summoner mezzed nearby while pbaoeing the rest, so if I were going to try to solo it again maybe I would mez lock the warlord, pbaoe the room and jail, then use the space to have a little room to fear.

I should update that I'm down to 7-8 minutes to toe-to-toe a level 53 mob including mid fight mez/regen breaks, bringing it into the practical range for named hunting.

Tigerstyle Wutangfist
12-21-2022, 09:07 PM
It’s not solo but I’ve done scout in WW duo clr/bard no consumables (but fully buffed).

BenDerisgreat
01-08-2023, 11:19 PM
King Tranix, Warlord Skarlon, a cliff Golem, Verix.

chevy79bu
11-27-2023, 02:38 PM
I know this is an older thread but I wanted to add to it that I have solo killed Efreeti Lord Djarn on my 58 bard. It was not to hard and have done it 3 times solo. I have also killed the skeletal procurate solo on my bard many times to get the mask. Just a couple of things I did not see listed in the thread. I am a returning player so reading through the last years worth of bard threads lol.

Vivitron
11-27-2023, 04:00 PM
I know this is an older thread but I wanted to add to it that I have solo killed Efreeti Lord Djarn on my 58 bard. It was not to hard and have done it 3 times solo. I have also killed the skeletal procurate solo on my bard many times to get the mask. Just a couple of things I did not see listed in the thread. I am a returning player so reading through the last years worth of bard threads lol.

Very cool getting Djarn at 58. Probably makes that area much more appealing for leveling.

I'm glad you bumped the thread, I have some updates too.

I managed an Ayillish solo. I used 3 clicks of a wort so I'd like to redo it without that sometime, but it already took 93 minutes of generally good luck to kill so I might not get back to it. The strat is to keep it blinded with a bio orb in the dn scar and use ranged dots, but it's still a spicy fight because its resists are so high, and the fight is so long you're bound to hit some very bad rolls.

The same bio orb strategy works on A4 mobs. I did Grink/Gronk but Brenn and Grenn weren't open so I'll have to return some time. Speaking of PoM the main room chest isn't bad to melee in place if you have the gear for it.

I did the other interesting outpost mobs for fun too, using a similar charm strat to Cliff Golem kills. Captain Rottgrime / General D'Veers / Admiral Tylix.

For Rottgrime, if D'Veers is not in the bank and no other guards are nearby you can pull him and a pet clean. Lull the first three marines, pulse selos, mez the fifth marine, and book it to leash the mezzed marine. Don't pulse selos again or otherwise buff yourself until the captain and pet are past the gargoyles.

For V'Deers and Tylix bury a sow as deep as you can. Against a cliff golem you can often avoid taking hits from your pet by either burning the cg summon with pet back off, or by running through the cg and away from your pet when you get summoned. It's harder to do that with these guys because their casting and slightly faster runspeed make it take longer to burn the summon, and they have a smaller hitbox. And their dots can actually do some significant damage to you. I haven't setup a pet tick timer for timing recharms like Melatunin showed; it would probably help a lot against these guys.

I should update that I'm down to 7-8 minutes to toe-to-toe a level 53 mob including mid fight mez/regen breaks, bringing it into the practical range for named hunting.

I'll add another update on this with some improved gear: my best tanked/no-mez/self-buffed/no-strong-clicks I've done was Hierophant Prime Grekal -- I think I was lucky to win that without mez with my current gear, but level 52 mobs are pretty easy to melee without a mez break for me now.

Edit: Have any of you broken a full fire giant spawn tranix room on the bard? I made some attempts to split but got Tranix + both static guards.

chevy79bu
11-28-2023, 03:10 PM
Very cool getting Djarn at 58. Probably makes that area much more appealing for leveling.

I'm glad you bumped the thread, I have some updates too.

I managed an Ayillish solo. I used 3 clicks of a wort so I'd like to redo it without that sometime, but it already took 93 minutes of generally good luck to kill so I might not get back to it. The strat is to keep it blinded with a bio orb in the dn scar and use ranged dots, but it's still a spicy fight because its resists are so high, and the fight is so long you're bound to hit some very bad rolls.

The same bio orb strategy works on A4 mobs. I did Grink/Gronk but Brenn and Grenn weren't open so I'll have to return some time. Speaking of PoM the main room chest isn't bad to melee in place if you have the gear for it.

I did the other interesting outpost mobs for fun too, using a similar charm strat to Cliff Golem kills. Captain Rottgrime / General D'Veers / Admiral Tylix.

For Rottgrime, if D'Veers is not in the bank and no other guards are nearby you can pull him and a pet clean. Lull the first three marines, pulse selos, mez the fifth marine, and book it to leash the mezzed marine. Don't pulse selos again or otherwise buff yourself until the captain and pet are past the gargoyles.

For V'Deers and Tylix bury a sow as deep as you can. Against a cliff golem you can often avoid taking hits from your pet by either burning the cg summon with pet back off, or by running through the cg and away from your pet when you get summoned. It's harder to do that with these guys because their casting and slightly faster runspeed make it take longer to burn the summon, and they have a smaller hitbox. And their dots can actually do some significant damage to you. I haven't setup a pet tick timer for timing recharms like Melatunin showed; it would probably help a lot against these guys.

I'll add another update on this with some improved gear: my best tanked/no-mez/self-buffed/no-strong-clicks I've done was Hierophant Prime Grekal -- I think I was lucky to win that without mez with my current gear, but level 52 mobs are pretty easy to melee without a mez break for me now.

Edit: Have any of you broken a full fire giant spawn tranix room on the bard? I made some attempts to split but got Tranix + both static guards.

That's a hell of a list of accomplishments! Bard is such a unique class in EQ. I always tell everyone Bard feels hands down the most powerful class in eq right up until you die lol.

Toxigen
11-29-2023, 09:45 AM
That's a hell of a list of accomplishments! Bard is such a unique class in EQ. I always tell everyone Bard feels hands down the most powerful class in eq right up until you die lol.

nah its enchanter and its not even close lol

dont get me wrong, bards are great...but man you sure do have to put in 10x the work to get halfway to what enchanters are doing

busted
11-29-2023, 03:00 PM
dont get me wrong, bards are great...but man you sure do have to put in 10x the work to get halfway to what enchanters are doing

This makes the juice worth the squeeze!

Hardcore bard mode is the true p99 end game.

Aside: We just really need our aggro fixed https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416857

chevy79bu
11-29-2023, 04:58 PM
nah its enchanter and its not even close lol

Lol don't get me wrong Enchanter is king for what they can accomplish by themselves I agree! But on my bard I feel 100% confident that I am in control at all times and in no risk of dieing right up until that splat moment lol. On my enchanter when I'm doing sketchy shit I always feel the reaper knocking at that door.

enjchanter
11-29-2023, 07:10 PM
Lol don't get me wrong Enchanter is king for what they can accomplish by themselves I agree! But on my bard I feel 100% confident that I am in control at all times and in no risk of dieing right up until that splat moment lol. On my enchanter when I'm doing sketchy shit I always feel the reaper knocking at that door.

Do you only play in zones where you can selos to a zone line or something

Enchanter so much better at living than a bard

Toxigen
11-30-2023, 01:03 PM

yeah...gate alone not to mention the whole kit lol

chevy79bu
12-06-2023, 11:28 AM

No, I have been playing in skyshrine, KC basement, and HS mostly lately. It's just my personal feel lol. I even said I know enchanter are technically stronger. Just for me bard feels the best. I have many more hours logged on a bard. I'm on my 3rd level 60 bard now lol. So my timing is really good and just overall better flow during solo encounters.

enjchanter
12-06-2023, 11:44 AM
Okay you can selos in 2/3 of the zones you just listed so

chevy79bu
12-08-2023, 01:19 PM
Okay you can selos in 2/3 of the zones you just listed so

Lol ok ok ok your right I'm wrong the world is all good now! Thing is your assuming Selos Acceleration when in reality that's hardly ever even on my bar while I'm in those zones. Selos Assonant Strane however...why kill 2 mobs at a time like an enchanter when I can be a bard and kill the entire surrounding area?

Toxigen
12-08-2023, 01:53 PM
because summoning merbs

Troxx
12-12-2023, 09:07 PM
I got bored trying to trophy kill anything on my bard at 60. On any mob that game mechanics allows to be 'solo-able', it doesn't take extraordinary skill ... just extraordinary time and much of it can be done in scrub level gear.

I have no interest in spending 20-45 minutes or more slowly killing something just to say "I did it!".

busted
12-12-2023, 09:40 PM
I don't think you are barding right Troxx...

Here is Tranix dead in 7min https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLNfDQ4cQ9w and many more sub 10min kills https://www.youtube.com/@melatuninthevirtuoso3659/videos

Summoning mobs are soloable by bards and you don't need selos to achieve greatness!

Believe in yourself.

Toxigen
12-13-2023, 10:19 AM

Here is Tranix dead in 7min https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLNfDQ4cQ9w and many more sub 10min kills https://www.youtube.com/@melatuninthevirtuoso3659/videos

Summoning mobs are soloable by bards and you don't need selos to achieve greatness!

Believe in yourself.

lol hooray full bis BoTB bard can kill Tranix in ultra late velious

bro Eratani was doing this on a druid years ago

lmao

Bards are groupers, raiders, and plvlers...not solo artists.

fortior
12-13-2023, 11:50 AM
it's cool to push classes to the limit instead of using an ench to do everything

busted
12-13-2023, 02:52 PM
lol hooray full bis BoTB bard can kill Tranix in ultra late velious
Bards are groupers, raiders, and plvlers...not solo artists.

You indeed need solid gear on a bard to do a lot of this stuff safely. Melatunin isn't full BiS though. No ring 10. That would make it even easier.

I do similar things on my bard but am missing VP lute from silverwing for an easy +7 regen vs lute of howler.

The fact that bards can regen ALOT makes them able to be a solo artist.

Hymn of Restoration (13 base) (32.5 w/ vp lute)
Niv's Melody of Preservation (9 base) (22.5 w/ vp lute)
Fungi (15 worn)
Ring 10 (10)

That is 80hp regen a tick. (32.5+22.5+15+10 = 80). This turns your bards ~3k hp into much more when you are getting 800hp back a minute.

Melatunin in these videos is getting 70 (no ring 10)

If you add to this some BiS weapons that lifetap/rune.... you are talking about a beefy battle bard.

(out-of-battle regen is even higher with singing steel BP clicks + songs.)

No one is arguing bard is better soloer than enc/shm. Enc is easier (charm, haste pet, hope no break, kill thing). Enc also needs less gear but you die much more with crit lull fails/charm breaks/stun resists etc. But because enc is easier and you need less gear I'd say it's less impressive of a feat. (still cool but not as much). If bard charm was capped at 55 and not 51 there would be much less of a gap between enc/bard.

Bard is more clicks for killing anything due to the nature of songs lasting 18 seconds. But you essentially know when a charm break will happen and can time re-charms nicely (once you get a feel for the class)

Troxx
12-13-2023, 03:00 PM

Believe in yourself.

I haven’t barded in years and my bards gear level is best defined as: thurg quest gear and the rest is “meh”. I have no interest in trophy solo kills on my bard.

If I want to solo something worthwhile, I’ve got a bag full of level 60s that can do it more efficiently.

Vivitron
12-13-2023, 03:15 PM
My first character here was an enchanter. One thing I enjoyed about solo challenges on the bard is personally I had more more joy of discovery on my bard than on my enchanter.

On the enchanter I got the basics from Tecmos's videos and picked up some more tips watching streamers like Sugz or Nybras. If I didn't know a camp, there was often another enchanter at it that I could talk to or watch.

If I didn't know a camp on the bard, instead of finding a bard there to help me I was more likely to have someone watch me figure it out, curious because they hadn't seen a bard to it.

I think the amount of gear-check is about right for motivation if you enjoy the class. You can do some without much gear, and if you gear the bard it significantly helps. That said I'm also sure I'm not the only p99er that has had the thought "it looks like it would have been fun if I had built a monk and spent all my dkp there."

Crede
12-13-2023, 05:48 PM
I feel like a geared sk with willsapper could do circles around bard solo with far less apm. Cool vid tho. Troll sk with epic proc/fungi/ring 10 is like 87/tick as well.

Snaggles
12-14-2023, 02:06 AM
It’s always nice seeing people who love their class pushing it. I don’t think most would argue a bard is the most optimal class for something like this. But skill wise I don’t think it’s any less impressive than a meta solo class killing something equally as difficult for them.

Toxigen
12-14-2023, 07:47 AM
I feel like a geared sk with willsapper could do circles around bard solo with far less apm. Cool vid tho. Troll sk with epic proc/fungi/ring 10 is like 87/tick as well.

yes because FD

just like blur for enc...having no "oh shit" button cuts any class off at the knees

Vivitron
12-14-2023, 04:22 PM

I wonder what a sk can kill that a bard can't. I do think sk can face tank some beefier stuff. Maybe most relevant in chardok, can a bard solo something like kennelmaster or overseer, I think an sk can?

PatChapp
12-14-2023, 04:24 PM
There's a video of an SK soloing 22.
I think chardok stuff would be hard to bard,no room to kite and mostly too high level to mez + heal

enjchanter
12-14-2023, 06:55 PM
How much does willsapper lr cost
My paladin needs