PDA

View Full Version : 20 enchanter: animation + berserker strength - where to go?

Jimjam
04-07-2022, 03:11 AM
Looking for suggestions on where to go with the 20 pet and berserker strength buff. Not OOT gargoyles, I did that last time I levelled an enc. no charm suggestions either, I’m training my familiarity with sword pet behaviour.

Thank you :)

PatChapp
04-07-2022, 08:13 AM
Looking for suggestions on where to go with the 20 pet and berserker strength buff. Not OOT gargoyles, I did that last time I levelled an enc. no charm suggestions either, I’m training my familiarity with sword pet behaviour.

Upper guk around dead side zone line. Still get to do enchanter stuff, and zone line for safety

Toxigen
04-07-2022, 01:27 PM
Permafrost. Best ZEM.

Tunabros
04-07-2022, 01:32 PM
solo shit in unrest

ReoDobbs
04-07-2022, 06:24 PM
If you want to learn how your enchanter pet behaves I'd suggest sniffing a ton if glue followed by an 1/8th of jack Daniel's and just before you pass out snort a few lines of cocaine. Make sure to tape all this so you can watch it in the morning (maybe 3 mornings later, depending on your tolerance) and analyze as needed

Jimjam
04-07-2022, 06:31 PM
If you want to learn how your enchanter pet behaves I'd suggest sniffing a ton if glue followed by an 1/8th of jack Daniel's and just before you pass out snort a few lines of cocaine. Make sure to tape all this so you can watch it in the morning (maybe 3 mornings later, depending on your tolerance) and analyze as needed

Great suggestion. Will upload to youtube and post findings to a wiki page.

enjchanter
04-07-2022, 10:12 PM
I think the irony is that the sword pet has no behavior

nilzark
04-08-2022, 06:40 AM
I suspect somebody with 9,000+ forum postings already knows the answer to his question.

Disease
04-11-2022, 01:05 PM

Anywhere. Buy stacks of tiny daggers and just level like a mage, mass summoning pets and /goaway when mob is about to die.

DMN
04-11-2022, 01:51 PM
that command should not work on enchanter animations. Does it currently?

Toxigen
04-11-2022, 02:08 PM
that command should not work on enchanter animations. Does it currently?

You gonna narc if it does?

DMN
04-11-2022, 02:10 PM
Ya. i'll report it in the bugs if it works. ill test it msyelf when i have time to dust of my enc tonight.

Tunabros
04-11-2022, 02:41 PM
bro been on here since 2013 and doesnt know where to group or solo on an enchanter:

one of the most desired classes in groups and one of the best soloers

you can't make shit up bro

Jimjam
04-12-2022, 07:14 AM
I know enough to know I don't know everything (it's a big game!) - this is a discussion forum, for the exchange of knowledge and ideas.

There are many enchanters / levellers far more experienced than I am. Hey, even if I were just playing devil's advocate, the thread would be useful for other players browsing the forums.

Kindly be a really useful poster or fuck off.

Jimjam
04-12-2022, 07:40 AM
Tangentially related question - how is damage allocated against damage absorb buffs?

If I cast rune and then berserker strength, will the damage go to the buff I cast first? Is it done in the order of the buff window?

wagorf
04-12-2022, 11:30 AM
suggestion is to charm and not use pet

you get charm at 12, and new tash at 20

wagorf
04-12-2022, 11:32 AM
Tangentially related question - how is damage allocated against damage absorb buffs?

If I cast rune and then berserker strength, will the damage go to the buff I cast first? Is it done in the order of the buff window?

it's not by when you cast, but where the buff slot is. dmg goes to the one that is placed higher (earlier buff slots)

Tunabros
04-12-2022, 01:51 PM
I know enough to know I don't know everything (it's a big game!) - this is a discussion forum, for the exchange of knowledge and ideas.

There are many enchanters / levellers far more experienced than I am. Hey, even if I were just playing devil's advocate, the thread would be useful for other players browsing the forums.

Kindly be a really useful poster or fuck off.

translation: i dont play eq and just talk about random crap on the forum

starkind alt account spotted

Jimjam
04-12-2022, 02:17 PM
Sorry to lash out at you mate, I don’t know what you’re going through. Sending love your way <3

Toxigen
04-12-2022, 03:02 PM
Ya. i'll report it in the bugs if it works. ill test it msyelf when i have time to dust of my enc tonight.

snitches get stitches

Jimjam
04-12-2022, 03:52 PM

snitches get stitches

https://web.archive.org/web/20010124070600/http://forums.castersrealm.com/eq/Forum18/HTML/000093.html

A starting point.

Oh and /pet get lost was the command, Classically. It only worked in hearing distance :o .

Also, as this is a thread about learning deeper into enc:

What on earth is mez kiting one of those posters mention?

DMN
04-12-2022, 07:26 PM
snitches get stitches

oh you poor thing, having to click your gaz hotkey instead.

enjchanter
04-12-2022, 08:40 PM
https://web.archive.org/web/20010124070600/http://forums.castersrealm.com/eq/Forum18/HTML/000093.html

A starting point.

Oh and /pet get lost was the command, Classically. It only worked in hearing distance :o .

Also, as this is a thread about learning deeper into enc:

What on earth is mez kiting one of those posters mention?

Idk what mez kiting is but as a high xp enc idk what that could even realistically mean

Tunabros
04-12-2022, 10:00 PM
Sorry to lash out at you mate, I don’t know what you’re going through. Sending love your way <3

bro been on here since 2013 and doesnt know where to group or solo on an enchanter:

one of the most desired classes in groups and one of the best soloers

you can't make shit up bro

Elizondo
04-28-2022, 09:26 PM
Enc should be charming at lvl 12 and never look back

using pet @ level 20 is fail

Toxigen
04-28-2022, 09:51 PM
Enc should be charming at lvl 12 and never look back

using pet @ level 20 is fail

you must be fun at parties

Jimjam
04-29-2022, 04:20 AM
Been messing around in Najena cos it has lots of weak kos mobs, densely packed.

I’ve been unable to work out the logic animation pets use for target selection. The order in which the pet added them to it’s aggro list and what is currently in melee range seems important, but it considers other things too.

Occasionally it switches target (especially if a mob flees, or maybe if it gets taunted?)... either way I’m a lot further away from getting a good feel on how animations behave ... more research/experience needed on my end!

Enjoying the project and it is definitely helping me out when I play other toons for those rare instances a group mate feels the need to use an animation.

Tann
04-29-2022, 10:31 AM
Maybe the animation has its own hate list and switches targets when one of the mobs gets a smidge higher?

Getting closer to Boon of the Garou on my enchanter, I wanna try some of that animation + Garou business.

oldschoolguy
05-05-2022, 01:46 PM
oasis, gators

CT gators too probably?

oldschoolguy
05-19-2022, 06:45 PM
Since you asked what is mez kiting....

works on caster mobs with low hp only when you have a good nuke.

You use your lowest mez.

1)Mez -> Tash -> Root -> Slow -> Nuke.
2)mob wakes up and starts casting
3) You Mez -> Tash (because mez can memblur and it'll start to regen) -> Nuke
4) Repeat step 3 till it's dead

rooting keeps it from going to melee you. if you dont mind taking a hit here and there you can skip rooting part or not refresh it.

This works on "Grik the Exile" really well, but since he is melee you just root instead of mez and have a pet out for whenever he might hit you.

Good for afk camps where you have more than enough nuke power to down the mob and regen it before respawn. Some casters in TD are good camps for this.

This is not fast exp, this is just an afk camp strat.

cannobeers3
05-19-2022, 08:32 PM
Around the Squire area in UGuk may work as well. The animation certainly is an option, but obviously not usually the best one. That said, once you get the better regen animation, you can beef it up with boon and the DS on top of the berserker buff to make it pretty decent if you do not feel like managing a charmed pet.

GL!