Nocht
03-31-2022, 12:30 AM
Then get a job brotato.

Mblake1981
03-31-2022, 01:26 AM
https://i.imgur.com/zPYWCfu.jpg

Gustoo
03-31-2022, 01:41 AM
Good work is enriching in more than one way.

Meat grinder work for evil corps maybe not working out so good for people now that a man can’t support a family and a decent house by single handedly grinding away at a factory somewhere.

So now mom and dad are both grinding and kids are all fucked up being raised on the internet with people no less weird than the folks here and a lot of people are thinking “hey, maybe this is all totally fucked???”

Everyone likes to work, so much so that rich people think of stupid shit to stress out over so they can feel like a human too. “Life’s so hard being rich and never worrying about food, sometimes I envy you poors, but I’m just too grand to ever be poor so I’m stuck with my lot in life. Work harder!”

Gustoo
03-31-2022, 01:43 AM
The rare legitimately lazy person is hard to diagnose. Sometimes they’re demoralized because of bad society and sometimes they are the bad society and are genuine free loaders that feel they’re owed everything. There are a lot less lazy dumb free loaders than TV would have you think though. Most people want a purpose, certainly all people need one, since purpose is all of our calling.

Mblake1981
03-31-2022, 01:46 AM
Good work is enriching in more than one way.

Meat grinder work for evil corps maybe not working out so good for people now that a man can’t support a family and a decent house by single handedly grinding away at a factory somewhere.

They do customer service now.

edit: in some cases did do customer service, replaced by automation. You have guys with a bank-backed college degree who designed tech to replace the bottom, but no mentioned plan on what to do with them. People were bent over predatory lending, my god these fuckers ate the whole ass out. In swoops #YangGang with a Gov-backed UBI...

fuck sake

Oh that bitcoin digital shit is what we will pay your UBI with.. oh whats that? you stupid american, you don't like politik? fuck ya and your family, no more money. We love you long time by proxy, all give no take you dumb ass bitch fucker.

unsunghero
03-31-2022, 01:49 AM
The 3 keys to happiness in life:

Something to do
Someone to love
Something to look forward to

Gustoo
03-31-2022, 01:49 AM
Those jobs and factory jobs are just for the money. If there are good paying CSR or Sales jobs for legit companies I guess it works, but the fact remains most people need both parents working now, it’s a jip.

Jibartik
03-31-2022, 01:52 AM
lFg21x2sj-M

Lune
03-31-2022, 03:22 AM
Can't tell if you are being ironic or not.

"Hmm, I only have anywhere from probably 45-80 years of existence as an entity before it's gone forever. I better spend an overwhelming proportion of that time moving beans from this place to that place".

If that's how you derive satisfaction in your life, cool, you do you. But for me, fuck that. I work only as much as I need to to fund the things I actually want to spend my life doing. And luckily I was born rich then also married rich so that amount of required work is virtually non-existent. Even so, I'd be happy with virtually nothing materially as long as I had my wife and my freedom.

To clarify, that freedom is freedom from labor, freedom from having to sell my limited time on this Earth to somebody else in order to simply survive. That's not life, it's slavery with extra steps, and I find it so sad and pathetic.

Mblake1981
03-31-2022, 03:43 AM
If that's how you derive satisfaction in your life, cool, you do you. But for me, fuck that. I work only as much as I need to to fund the things I actually want to spend my life doing. And luckily I was born rich then also married rich so that amount of required work is virtually non-existent. Even so, I'd be happy with virtually nothing materially as long as I had my wife and my freedom.

Congrats on your dream bro but holy fuck sticks stay the fuck away from politics.

Toxigen
03-31-2022, 08:47 AM

"Hmm, I only have anywhere from probably 45-80 years of existence as an entity before it's gone forever. I better spend an overwhelming proportion of that time moving beans from this place to that place".

To clarify, that freedom is freedom from labor, freedom from having to sell my limited time on this Earth to somebody else in order to simply survive. That's not life, it's slavery with extra steps, and I find it so sad and pathetic.

oh look the guy that hasnt worked for anything in his life is going to preach unto the plebs his philosophies on labor and its value

fucking gold

robayon
03-31-2022, 09:01 AM
Work sucks, but I have done it consistently since I was 14. I've only had a few jobs I honestly enjoyed and didn't dread. The one I have now, having escaped hospitality since covid blasted it all out, is alright. I can listen to music and only deal with people via email and just crack on. It pays okay.

My retirement fund is a bit thin after a shitload of medical bills, but oh well, I just work until I die I guess

Still beats those dudes pulling blocks of sulfur out of a volcano for pennies in Indonesia like in Workingman's Death, so it's all relative

Reiwa
03-31-2022, 09:56 AM
They do customer service now.

edit: in some cases did do customer service, replaced by automation. You have guys with a bank-backed college degree who designed tech to replace the bottom, but no mentioned plan on what to do with them. People were bent over predatory lending, my god these fuckers ate the whole ass out. In swoops #YangGang with a Gov-backed UBI...

fuck sake

Oh that bitcoin digital shit is what we will pay your UBI with.. oh whats that? you stupid american, you don't like politik? fuck ya and your family, no more money. We love you long time by proxy, all give no take you dumb ass bitch fucker.

*easily reconciles post with LTOV*

strongNpretty
03-31-2022, 10:04 AM
The answer is Motherhood. Motherhood is the hardest job, isn't that right Bill Burr?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xp4z5qlyqs

starkind
03-31-2022, 10:27 AM
Being a (the) matriarch of a strong, healthy, spiritually well and happy productive pretty household is the hardest job!

unsunghero
03-31-2022, 11:16 AM

Work is not just your income. It’s the maintenance of your home, your car, your health, even social maintenance of your relationships. For working on your possessions, it creates pride of ownership

Things given do not create the same sort of character growth as things earned

Also work puts us into a routine, and having a routine is necessary for mental stability. We are creatures of habit, have always been. We need to develop the healthy habits

unsunghero
03-31-2022, 11:26 AM
Work sucks, but I have done it consistently since I was 14. I've only had a few jobs I honestly enjoyed and didn't dread. The one I have now, having escaped hospitality since covid blasted it all out, is alright. I can listen to music and only deal with people via email and just crack on. It pays okay.

My retirement fund is a bit thin after a shitload of medical bills, but oh well, I just work until I die I guess

Still beats those dudes pulling blocks of sulfur out of a volcano for pennies in Indonesia like in Workingman's Death, so it's all relative

There is a strong correlation between retirement and depression

Our work becomes our identity, saying what we do for a living is most often the thing that follows our name as our sense of self. It creates a purpose in life, and usually the satisfaction that we are bettering the lives of others as well with our efforts

Choosing to not be a “slave” to some employer will often inadvertently just leave someone a slave to their own short-term pleasure impulses, a slave to their own hedonism. Which is why you so often see the younger unemployed become addicted to short-term fixes like illegal drugs

I recommend when retiring still creating a sense of purpose and structure

starkind
03-31-2022, 11:30 AM
When I retire I want my conciousness uploaded to an advanced self replicating robot with backups offworld which can survive thermonuclear devastation so I can keep the pesky humans in check as G-d intended. /\

strongNpretty
03-31-2022, 11:42 AM
Work is not just your income. It’s the maintenance of your home, your car, your health, even social maintenance of your relationships. For working on your possessions, it creates pride of ownership

Things given do not create the same sort of character growth as things earned

Also work puts us into a routine, and having a routine is necessary for mental stability. We are creatures of habit, have always been. We need to develop the healthy habits

Straight up word.. Routine is key dude.. Routine is keeeeeeey!

M-F:
Up at 4:30am, catch a bus to work by 5:30am
Work till 3pm, catch a bus home.
Walk into home, change into gym clothes, and jog to the gym.
Do my hour, come home, cook dinner.
Take the dog for a walk and shower.
Enjoy 2 hours of free time before winding down for bed.

Rinse/Repeat and be happy :)
https://i.imgur.com/u7hpo4I.jpg

robayon
03-31-2022, 11:43 AM
There is a strong correlation between retirement and depression

Our work becomes our identity, saying what we do for a living is most often the thing that follows our name as our sense of self. It creates a purpose in life, and usually the satisfaction that we are bettering the lives of others as well with our efforts

Choosing to not be a “slave” to some employer will often inadvertently just leave someone a slave to their own short-term pleasure impulses, a slave to their own hedonism. Which is why you so often see the younger unemployed become addicted to short-term fixes like illegal drugs

I recommend when retiring still creating a sense of purpose and structureThere's a strong correlation between having a job and being depressed too. Correlations are pretty broad.

If I could make ends meet by doing absolutely nothing all day, I would do that, but I can't so I don't.

I probably won't really get to retire. Maybe these job things create a sense of purpose for you, great. I take pride in the things I create and get fulfillment from that, I do not experience pride related to work whatsoever. It's just what gives me the ability to do whatever else.

All this nonsense about the glory of drudgery seems like the modern worker's way to express what is capitalist exploitation propaganda. Learning to love our chains and all. Americans have internalized it wholeheartedly. Mike Rowe has done tremendous damage to us all on behalf of the Koch brothers, along with a whole other retinue of villains

Gustoo
03-31-2022, 11:47 AM
^ strongnpretty you forgot about the part where you post on elf forums and get blasted by some mads about your EQ pvp play style. Haha. Good post.

To be a cringe bible quoter "And to whomsoever much is given, of him shall much be required: and to whom they commit much, of him will they ask the more."

I don't believe the gifts we're given (like being born rich + marrying rich) are for us to hoard ease for ourselves. But that is how we're raised.

robayon
03-31-2022, 11:58 AM
In before someone claims we human beings evolved to be capitalists and that capitalist exploitation is inherent to the human condition

Gustoo
03-31-2022, 12:01 PM
^ haha good one.

strongNpretty
03-31-2022, 12:03 PM
^ strongnpretty you forgot about the part where you post on elf forums and get blasted by some mads about your EQ pvp play style. Haha. Good post.

To be a cringe bible quoter "And to whomsoever much is given, of him shall much be required: and to whom they commit much, of him will they ask the more."

I don't believe the gifts we're given (like being born rich + marrying rich) are for us to hoard ease for ourselves. But that is how we're raised.

Oh yeah, lets go ahead and fit that playtime into my 2 hour freetime haha.. And preach brother- I agree.

unsunghero
03-31-2022, 12:15 PM
There's a strong correlation between having a job and being depressed too. Correlations are pretty broad.

If I could make ends meet by doing absolutely nothing all day, I would do that, but I can't so I don't.

I probably won't really get to retire. Maybe these job things create a sense of purpose for you, great. I take pride in the things I create and get fulfillment from that, I do not experience pride related to work whatsoever. It's just what gives me the ability to do whatever else.

All this nonsense about the glory of drudgery seems like the modern worker's way to express what is capitalist exploitation propaganda. Learning to love our chains and all. Americans have internalized it wholeheartedly. Mike Rowe has done tremendous damage to us all on behalf of the Koch brothers, along with a whole other retinue of villains

My ma is a CEO (not a large company tho), if I wanted I could have her pay my mortgage and not have to work. But I don’t like the idea of begging others for charity. And thus I have worked since I was 17yrs old and the longest I ever went without working was 2 weeks when I had to stop due to covid

My jobs in retail when I was younger allowed me to make some incredibly close friendships with young 20’s co-workers. I remember going to parties at their house that were so crazy big we had “bouncers” posted at the front collecting money from all comers to cover the multiple keg costs. Some of these work friendships still last today

Nowadays working makes me feel a sense of benefitting my community. It also continues to allow me to socialize with strangers, furthering interpersonal skills that so many in isolation at home lack. I’ve hung out with current co-workers quite a lot outside of work, so the friendship development is another big benefit to me. Plus I enjoy what I do, which I guess is really what it’s all about. It’s why I’ve never felt an urge to advance to administration where I wouldn’t have any more contact with clients. I’d rather take less money to enjoy the work more

Jibartik
03-31-2022, 12:22 PM
The problem with retirement and depression is those are all ageism encouraged/forced retirement victims.

Every old man I know loves retirement, because they retired on their own terms.

I bet I'm right.

starkind
03-31-2022, 12:23 PM
Unsunghero is right. Work is more than income.

Do G-d's work.

Mblake1981
03-31-2022, 12:23 PM
The problem with retirement and depression is those are all ageism encouraged/forced retirement victims.

I bet I'm right.

50/50 in my experience and it depends on the man. Some men will work until they physically cannot anymore, they fear the living room lay-z-boy because some part of them knows it's the end.

Jibartik
03-31-2022, 12:24 PM
In before someone claims we human beings evolved to be capitalists and that capitalist exploitation is inherent to the human condition

Well.. is it fascism that makes the tree's shed their leaves, and create the kindling that will burn them to the ground, only to grow a new generation of potentially even stronger trees?

Or is it nature that makes us build, destroy, and rebuild our cultures, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over?

unsunghero
03-31-2022, 12:27 PM

I bet I'm right.

It’s no different than unemployment at any other age

If a person can find a sense of purpose that is fulfilling to them, whether like starkind says that’s serving God or serving their community in some form, and if they still develop a healthy routine for themselves, then that person will be ok with unemployment (assuming they can still handle the basics of food/water/shelter/security) or retirement IMO

starkind
03-31-2022, 12:31 PM
No one sane or good wants to rot away in a lazyboy. That is a disease of Satan and domination.

robayon
03-31-2022, 12:35 PM
I do not think the forces of nature behave by any ideology

And socialization during work is normal. I met my wife AND my ex-wife at jobs I used to have. And many good friends. But I still think work itself is mostly engineered garbage to keep the masses from eating their masters.

The pandemic hinted at which jobs are BS and which are not, at least in the context of our overconsumptive, repulsive "culture"

I find that if someone's response to someone griping about work is "just get a better job" then they aren't thinking very deeply about the issue

Jibartik
03-31-2022, 12:36 PM
https://youtu.be/imNtSPM3-r4

watch (listen) to that video starkind its great youll love it.

starkind
03-31-2022, 12:42 PM

Cool video. Like 2 mins in. Ty.

robayon
03-31-2022, 12:49 PM
Why is it only men whose potential retirement we've disccused, is it because I would guess most of us are men? Do the same things that often happen to men happen to women as well?

Most of the bosses I've had have been women.

My dad retired like three years ago and is kind of falling apart, my mom retired like fifteen years ago and she's still generally healthy for a woman her age AFAIK

Gravydoo II
03-31-2022, 01:31 PM
Fork work. Do shit people cant do, sell services to rich people. Make bank.

unsunghero
03-31-2022, 01:58 PM
I do not think the forces of nature behave by any ideology

And socialization during work is normal. I met my wife AND my ex-wife at jobs I used to have. And many good friends. But I still think work itself is mostly engineered garbage to keep the masses from eating their masters.

The pandemic hinted at which jobs are BS and which are not, at least in the context of our overconsumptive, repulsive "culture"

I find that if someone's response to someone griping about work is "just get a better job" then they aren't thinking very deeply about the issue

We think it’s normal to socialize at work, but if we don’t have that outlet, most people aren’t striking up conversations with strangers at the grocery store or while pumping their gas

For a lot of people isolation at home means almost no in person socialization. Social skill is a skill that can grow or wane like any other depending on natural ability and frequency of use. And it can be an incredibly helpful skill to have in order to effectively communicate our needs and not allow others to manipulate us. This leaves people isolated at home vulnerable to difficulty in making friendships and especially romantic relationships, and difficulty just advocating for themselves in many other areas of life. Communication is a fairly crucial skill to have

Work also provides a benefit to the community, something you seem to keep glossing over. Without the exchange of goods and services, our civilization wouldn’t function

robayon
03-31-2022, 02:16 PM
I believe you are either misunderstanding me or I am doing a poor job explaining myself, the former is more likely.

No society, regardless of its ideologies, will function without people working. From anarchy to fascism, and everything in between. Not even the anarcho-communist utopia I would prefer to see would work if nobody was making food or fixing up buildings.

I am just saying that our socialization predates the commodification of work. People did that before Adam Smith or Karl Marx or Adolf Hitler. We find ways to cooperate or fight.

The social isolation, which I did experience myself when I worked from home - and didn't care for - is due in part to the commodification of labor as well. People in retirement homes socialize, and most of them aren't working. Same with prisons. Work isn't necessary for socialization. It can help, but it's just a means to an end for many workers.

We live in separate houses, mostly, and many of us who live in apartment buildings may or may not even know our neighbor's names. We have our own cars, rather than taking public transportation. There are obviously pluses and minuses to all of these things.

It's all related. I personally believe a lot of it has been done deliberately, or at least it's been utilized that way over time. Why cubicles? Open office floorplans kinda suck, too, but cubicles are weird concepts to me in terms of segmenting workers. Like the drones get the cubes, and the boss gets the corner office. Why do many work places discourage workers speaking with one another except as it relates to work?

It's all meant, I think, to get us to not work together and take power back from the wealthy, basically. Just mentioning the word "union" here in the south in a workplace that isn't already unionized, be prepared to hunt for a new job.

I see the whole concept of taking pride in labor to enrich someone else as internalizing their exploitation of the value of my labor. I take pride in work that I have chosen and do for myself, not in getting my boss's bathroom remodeled.

unsunghero
03-31-2022, 02:30 PM
That’s a valid point people can still socialize with their neighbors or whoever, it’s just that many people don’t tend to unless sort of forced into it in ways work can provide

It’s really just your thought paradigm. If you want to find problems with work, you can find problems with work. If you want to find benefits to working, such as the things I mentioned which can also be achieved outside of work but sometimes with quite a bit more effort, then you can find those

I personally don’t feel bitter about enriching my employer, because I like my employer and I feel I am paid adequately for the skillset I provide. I also feel glad to provide as good of a service as I can to our clients. As Abraham Lincoln said: “whatever you are, be a good one”. Your circumstance may be different, maybe you feel you are underpaid and undervalued, or maybe you are cutting corners in the service you provide to where you feel some guilt to not being a benefit to your customers

Patriam1066
03-31-2022, 02:53 PM
Why is it only men whose potential retirement we've disccused, is it because I would guess most of us are men? Do the same things that often happen to men happen to women as well?

Most of the bosses I've had have been women.

My dad retired like three years ago and is kind of falling apart, my mom retired like fifteen years ago and she's still generally healthy for a woman her age AFAIK

Idle hands. Men can’t handle not being occupied. If I were ever truly bored, I’d reforge the persian empire and March the Arabs and Turks into the ocean for their crimes

Trexller
03-31-2022, 02:59 PM
Idle hands. Men can’t handle not being occupied. If I were ever truly bored, I’d reforge the persian empire and March the Arabs and Turks into the ocean for their crimes

all but for 300 annoying Spartans.

robayon
03-31-2022, 03:05 PM
Idle hands. Men can’t handle not being occupied. If I were ever truly bored, I’d reforge the persian empire and March the Arabs and Turks into the ocean for their crimesI guess my "someone expresses a violent fantasy on the elf forum" drinking game may have been a bad call, heh

I wonder if this makes the reverse true. Can women handle boredom better than men?

Patriam1066
03-31-2022, 03:08 PM
all but for 300 annoying Spartans.

They lost, google salamis. The Athenians and later Macedonians were the real warriors

Patriam1066
03-31-2022, 03:09 PM
I guess my "someone expresses a violent fantasy on the elf forum" drinking game may have been a bad call, heh

I wonder if this makes the reverse true. Can women handle boredom better than men?

I’m just kidding dude, I was just being Adobeheart for a second. I like scotch too much to go back to the Islamic republic

Patriam1066
03-31-2022, 03:12 PM
An honest answer though, I just bought a ton of land in Wyoming to move my cattle up there / hike for retirement. My son moved to Denver and I think my daughter will be moving there too. It’s only like 3 hours from where my wife and I will be. Point is, I’m so terrified of boredom that I picked up ranching as an Iranian because I know retirement will kill me. I’ve been working since I was 12. I don’t know how people accept largesse from others in the form of welfare, tax evasion, etc

Mblake1981
03-31-2022, 03:18 PM
https://i.imgur.com/wzgMvcn.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/EDtcLL2.jpeg

robayon
03-31-2022, 03:22 PM
It's all good my anti-capitalist stances kind of have 'violent fantasy' baked into the crust :)

If I had land and time like that I'd do more art stuff. Landscaping is very gratifying to me. Sounds like a dream, tbh. I could never convince my wife to live on open land or a farm. She fears rural counties and country people.

The only time I got direct largesse/unemployment was from the state, in like 2020-2021, and it was automatically filed. They just kept sending it to me, job or no job. I told them a bunch of times I had found work and the money kept coming. I am sure they will notice eventually, I don't see Brian Kemp doing a mass forgiveness program. Who knows, though, suing a few hundred thousand people is a logistical nightmare. Waiting on that "give us the money back or we'll sue you" letter.

I think the longest period where I literally just didn't work was for about six weeks. We did a lot of road trips.

Mblake1981
03-31-2022, 03:50 PM
https://i.imgur.com/KWXvvWf.jpeg

starkind
03-31-2022, 07:46 PM

I watched this video. P cool. Some real assholes. The starppl were p cool tho. The ones that got around with farts. Was waiting for earth 2.0. There where ruins... records, especially on the gravitals original world.. surprised they didn't try to re-engineer our original form.

I think the case may be made that earth and it's ecosystem is unique, and without it, we cease to remain in this form.

Topgunben
03-31-2022, 08:03 PM
I had my own business for years back in WA. I loved it, and hated it all the same. Lots of stress when everything is on your shoulders, but at the same time it makes you grow up real quick.

Now I’m working for a company and really love what I do. I never feel the dread of going to work like I did when I was working for other companies.

I think the trick to work is finding something you enjoy doing, that you are good at, and that is valuable. Along with that, never work for a company that makes you feel like shit. If I could go back 10 years ago, I would have told the general manager to go fuck himself after he made me feel like a dumbass for asking a question about how to do my job.

Seriously your self worth is more important than any “job” you have.

robayon
03-31-2022, 08:08 PM
I watched this video. P cool. Some real assholes. The starppl were p cool tho. The ones that got around with farts. Was waiting for earth 2.0. There where ruins... records, especially on the gravitals original world.. surprised they didn't try to re-engineer our original form.

I think the case may be made that earth and it's ecosystem is unique, and without it, we cease to remain in this form.iirc C.M. Kosemen has cited Olaf Stapledon as an influence in creation of the book that video is based on.

Last and First Men was a movie that came out recently based on a work of the same name by Olaf Stapledon, which ... which ain't for everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqDBlBKlbDA

unsunghero
03-31-2022, 08:09 PM
I had my own business for years back in WA. I loved it, and hated it all the same. Lots of stress when everything is on your shoulders, but at the same time it makes you grow up real quick.

Now I’m working for a company and really love what I do. I never feel the dread of going to work like I did when I was working for other companies.

I think the trick to work is finding something you enjoy doing, that you are good at, and that is valuable. Along with that, never work for a company that makes you feel like shit. If I could go back 10 years ago, I would have told the general manager to go fuck himself after he made me feel like a dumbass for asking a question about how to do my job.

Seriously your self worth is more important than any “job” you have.

I agree, and it’s cool that you like your current situation

I only had one horrible boss in my life, a butch lesbian with a shaved head and a cunt personality. I was working retail and parents would bring their shitty kids in to buy them cleats or team sports gear, and not say anything as their kid just thrashed the hell out of our isles. Then at the end of the night we had “recovery” which was to put everything back in order and couldn’t leave until it was done

Even though it was some shitty kids that did it, this bitch of a manager would stand behind us and yell at us for making her have to stay late. She’d be like “I have dogs I have to feed and let out but you lazy worthless assholes can’t clean up your isle and so now I can’t!” And if I said something like “you could help you know” she would be like “oh you want to get a write up? Talk back again and that’s a write up”. She wouldn’t help, just stand there and literally cuss us out and insult us

The only redeeming thing about her is that she would only hire hot teen girls for every position she could so that she could try to hit on them. This meant I was always surrounded by hot as hell (ditzy) teen co-workers at the registers up front and working apparel. Lotta scenery to look at…

starkind
03-31-2022, 08:16 PM
Erre I mean, code 187 ☺😇🤫🤗
:o

/\

Patriam1066
03-31-2022, 08:29 PM
I agree, and it’s cool that you like your current situation

I only had one horrible boss in my life, a butch lesbian with a shaved head and a cunt personality. I was working retail and parents would bring their shitty kids in to buy them cleats or team sports gear, and not say anything as their kid just thrashed the hell out of our isles. Then at the end of the night we had “recovery” which was to put everything back in order and couldn’t leave until it was done

Even though it was some shitty kids that did it, this bitch of a manager would stand behind us and yell at us for making her have to stay late. She’d be like “I have dogs I have to feed and let out but you lazy worthless assholes can’t clean up your isle and so now I can’t!” And if I said something like “you could help you know” she would be like “oh you want to get a write up? Talk back again and that’s a write up”. She wouldn’t help, just stand there and literally cuss us out and insult us

The only redeeming thing about her is that she would only hire hot teen girls for every position she could so that she could try to hit on them. This meant I was always surrounded by hot as hell (ditzy) teen co-workers at the registers up front and working apparel. Lotta scenery to look at…

A child ran into the warehouse of the Houston REI one time while I was there and the shoe salesperson freaked out and had to go chase him down. My wife went to help. The parents did nothing, really didn’t even respond, so I told them that if a box falls on their child’s head and kills him, they will answer to God for his death. The man looked at me like wow what a shitty thing to say, and I asked him why he thought it was some teenager working at REI’s job to keep their dumb ass son from climbing up shoe racks in a warehouse / falling to his death. He told me my reaction was uncalled for. I wished I were back in nacogdoches back in the 80s. Back then you could punch someone in the face for being a dumb ass and the sheriff would be like “well don’t do something worthy of getting punched in the face next time.”

I can’t imagine working retail now. Kids have zero discipline. I was at a persian New Years party not too long ago and my friend and I in our 50s yelled at his grandson because the kid thought it would be funny to shoot people with water guns inside at a fancy ish party. He got my daughter in law in the back. The child’s parents, my friend’s daughter and son-in-law, apologized but similarly looked around in disbelief as to why anyone was indignant. This kid also had a fishing pole inside at an Airbnb at lake Travis and was casting it, with a hook, indoors. The parents did nothing. The kid almost hit his uncle in the face with the hook and he grabbed the pole and broke it in half

Not sure if that story was applicable at all but I had to share it because I was ducking pissed off on both occasions BIGLY

starkind
03-31-2022, 09:00 PM
A child ran into the warehouse of the Houston REI one time while I was there and the shoe salesperson freaked out and had to go chase him down. My wife went to help. The parents did nothing, really didn’t even respond, so I told them that if a box falls on their child’s head and kills him, they will answer to God for his death. The man looked at me like wow what a shitty thing to say, and I asked him why he thought it was some teenager working at REI’s job to keep their dumb ass son from climbing up shoe racks in a warehouse / falling to his death. He told me my reaction was uncalled for. I wished I were back in nacogdoches back in the 80s. Back then you could punch someone in the face for being a dumb ass and the sheriff would be like “well don’t do something worthy of getting punched in the face next time.”

I can’t imagine working retail now. Kids have zero discipline. I was at a persian New Years party not too long ago and my friend and I in our 50s yelled at his grandson because the kid thought it would be funny to shoot people with water guns inside at a fancy ish party. He got my daughter in law in the back. The child’s parents, my friend’s daughter and son-in-law, apologized but similarly looked around in disbelief as to why anyone was indignant. This kid also had a fishing pole inside at an Airbnb at lake Travis and was casting it, with a hook, indoors. The parents did nothing. The kid almost hit his uncle in the face with the hook and he grabbed the pole and broke it in half

Not sure if that story was applicable at all but I had to share it because I was ducking pissed off on both occasions BIGLY

How are we going to be ok?

😥

BTW. When I was 6, and again later in my teens. I did the moral and ethical thing. I stood up for myself. I stood up for others. U know what happened both times? I was drugged, locked up, and dragged away by the police.

I don't feel ok. And I pray everyday for the return of G-d's angels.

/\

starkind
04-01-2022, 09:11 AM
GKZyjr33kf8

🙏

Jibartik
04-01-2022, 01:00 PM
Erre I mean, code 187 ☺😇🤫🤗
:o

/\

.:o
-+-
. l
./\

Jibartik
04-01-2022, 01:06 PM
^
||
||..:o._
()--+-| |
o... l...V
.... /\

Jibartik
04-01-2022, 02:08 PM
"The foundation of the economy is labor," he said Wednesday. "So what happens if you don't actually have a labor shortage? I'm not sure what an economy even means at that point. That's what Optimus is about. So – very important."
-Elon

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-tesla-robot-business-optimus-most-important-new-product-2022-1

robayon
04-01-2022, 02:48 PM
elon musk enslaves children, not sure i am gonna listen to the child slave guy on labor matters

Jibartik
04-01-2022, 02:55 PM
I think you should maybe listen to the child slave guy for hints that he might be trying to create an army of killbots instead.

robayon
04-01-2022, 02:58 PM
I think you should maybe listen to the child slave guy for hints that he might be trying to create an army of killbots instead.A fair point, noted

Patriam1066
04-01-2022, 05:25 PM
Elon is ugly

We knew his worth even before he opened his mouth and declared himself a servant of the devil (Bitcoin)

zati
04-01-2022, 06:39 PM
Elon is ugly

We knew his worth even before he opened his mouth and declared himself a servant of the devil (Bitcoin)

R o F L

Jibartik
04-01-2022, 08:23 PM
DZ0ja1VG5JA

bubur
04-02-2022, 01:57 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Cjgxtm4.png

Jibartik
04-02-2022, 02:03 AM
zcoFo8fQ54E

bubur
04-02-2022, 02:12 AM
in my mind it was an ants deer hunter sketch

jyqr-hGGpQg

Jibartik
04-02-2022, 02:14 AM
EnULSmNbCuo

Zendir
04-02-2022, 02:19 AM
elon musk enslaves children, not sure i am gonna listen to the child slave guy on labor matters

If you have any electronic device, you are contributing to child enslavement, just like me, for my needs. Fuck them.

bubur
04-02-2022, 02:22 AM
mother fucking subinsect disgusting puddin brained dopamine depleted termites

Patriam1066
04-02-2022, 02:35 AM
If you have any electronic device, you are contributing to child enslavement, just like me, for my needs. Fuck them.

I think the electronic era has made child labor less common actually

Jibartik
04-02-2022, 03:24 AM
technology is satan we should just live in huts

per capita there is more pain and suffering with everything we have than there was when we were all like american indians.

Gustoo
04-02-2022, 07:35 PM
You mean before Romans showed up to Western north ish Europe? Ya fuck them

Jimjam
04-02-2022, 07:47 PM
What did the Romans do for us anyway?

Reiwa
04-02-2022, 07:48 PM

Lead pipes and the undemocratic Senate

Patriam1066
04-02-2022, 08:26 PM

They’ve made my reading more interesting. I love reading about people like Majorian, Aurelian, Lucius Licinius Lucullus, and Claudius II. Vespasian was a bad mother fucker too

Honestly though, I’d love to see an Anglo-Saxon counterfactual history where Edward the confessor had heirs and the half Dane Godwinson’s didn’t lead the Anglo-Saxons, with their vernacular literature and highly efficient government, being wiped off the earth by Norman shitheads (though Hastings is where the 1066 comes from in my sobriquet)

starkind
04-02-2022, 08:31 PM
Work harder. Not smarter.

Jimjam
04-02-2022, 08:36 PM
They’ve made my reading more interesting. I love reading about people like Majorian, Aurelian, Lucius Licinius Lucullus, and Claudius II. Vespasian was a bad mother fucker too

Honestly though, I’d love to see an Anglo-Saxon counterfactual history where Edward the confessor had heirs and the half Dane Godwinson’s didn’t lead the Anglo-Saxons, with their vernacular literature and highly efficient government, being wiped off the earth by Norman shitheads (though Hastings is where the 1066 comes from in my sobriquet)

Good post, but was just making a Monty Python reference (I’m sure you probably knew that). Normans were the original orcs, I always enjoyed the 1066 ref in your name! Thanks for taking an interest in our history!

starkind
04-02-2022, 08:40 PM
Jimjam is a norman orc?

Patriam1066
04-02-2022, 08:41 PM
I think he’s an Anglo-Saxon

Jimjam
04-02-2022, 08:48 PM
Definitely some kind of troll either way :o

If I had to choose I’d probably ask for Anglo Saxon because orcy invaders generally suck irl, but with 1000 years of ancestors who knows.

The orcs did introduce some good record keeping with the Doomsday Book tho!

starkind
04-02-2022, 09:16 PM
Ocg_Z-m6YHw

They all look exactly the same to me. I guess back then u voted by being in Armies and marching all over to die.

Jimjam
04-02-2022, 09:36 PM
Both just different flavours of German.

Reiwa
04-02-2022, 10:56 PM
Both just different flavours of German.

https://i.imgur.com/QE4uoIU.jpg

Trexller
04-03-2022, 12:21 AM
https://i.imgur.com/QE4uoIU.jpg

good lord that's a lot of germans

robayon
04-03-2022, 01:06 AM
good lord that's a lot of germansnazis were inspired by the american right wing

starkind
04-03-2022, 01:09 AM
The country is more mixed than that. The southwest is waay way more Hispanic. Plus more Cubans and Puerto Rican in FL than that map advertises. Some parts of Tampa are reaaally african.

Utah is Irish, German mixed. Some Italian and English. Mormons mormify everyone tho it's like becoming a Jew ur always in even if u leave. Except for maybe devout catholics, they stand up to mormification pretty gud.

Plus they need to add Arabic and Russian. Maps outa date :p (2000) i was going to raz reiwa earlier. Writing up a critical analysis was 2 much effort tho. Still should not have tried to. Point Still stands. Its inaccurate and each county is binary rather than a gradient.

Tldr
Terrible map

Patriam1066
04-03-2022, 01:30 AM
The people around my house in Utah are English at least judging by their names

I’m sure as shit the only Kaveh around!

Zendir
04-03-2022, 02:36 AM
nazis were inspired by the american right wing

Well. Lindbergh loved his nazis

Trexller
04-03-2022, 02:45 AM
anyone else feel like they have heard the word 'nazi' more than enough times for one lifetime?

really wish the world would come up with a new, better villain. not the villain we want, the villain that we deserve.

maskedmelon
04-03-2022, 07:19 AM
I tend to agree on the importance of work. It need not be of a commodified labor sort either, but it must be oppressive. A man is either a slave to his fellows or he is one to his vices. Traditional employment is going to evaporate over the next couple of decades tho and that is likely to lead to a religious boom as increasing numbers of people struggle to navigate the meaninglessness of their existence magnified a thousand-fold in the parched moonscape of dopamine insensitivity airing from existing digital behavioral incentives and emerging real world extensions.

robayon
04-03-2022, 08:33 AM
anyone else feel like they have heard the word 'nazi' more than enough times for one lifetime?

really wish the world would come up with a new, better villain. not the villain we want, the villain that we deserve.brought to you by the people who refer to anything that they don't like as socialism or communism, even the things that are obviously creations of capitalism

starkind
04-03-2022, 09:03 AM
The people around my house in Utah are English at least judging by their names

I’m sure as shit the only Kaveh around!

Last names are usually more telling. Tho I believe a fair number cross over between Irish and English. Also many people have anglosized names... if your family has been in America long enough for that to happen you are American tho.

Kaveh is quite close to Kavanagh lol. Is Kavanagh the judiac version?

Reiwa
04-03-2022, 10:16 AM
good lord that's a lot of germans

I think the british royals are also german, to bring it on back to merry old JimJam. :p

starkind
04-03-2022, 11:43 AM
I have an German/french last name (grandmas). My moms was Irish. Dads Italian. Gramps spannish middlename. Moms dad German. Don't ask how. Some how an Irishman snuck in there.

I met him once. He was nice, funny, cute, and very alcoholic. That side of the family (his relatives) are a lot more easy going. The German side had their shit toghether tho. Till they all died off. Except 1.

Patriam1066
04-03-2022, 01:26 PM
Last names are usually more telling. Tho I believe a fair number cross over between Irish and English. Also many people have anglosized names... if your family has been in America long enough for that to happen you are American tho.

Kaveh is quite close to Kavanagh lol. Is Kavanagh the judiac version?

Kaveh is a smith from pre Islamic Iranian mythology

I have no idea who he is or what he did. He was kept alive by ferdowsi in his Shahnameh (book of kings) since ferdowsi wanted us to remember we are not Arabs. But I haven’t read shahnameh in a long long long time, I honestly barely read Farsi these days. Though I speak it almost exclusively at home to my wife and children

And I meant their last names

Patriam1066
04-03-2022, 01:27 PM
I think the british royals are also german, to bring it on back to merry old JimJam. :p

House of Windsor is definitely some inbred German or something royalty. Those noses and male pattern baldness, woof

starkind
04-03-2022, 01:28 PM
Cool 😎! Thx for sharing. I may research more one day.

Patriam1066
04-03-2022, 01:31 PM
The shahnameh is worth reading if you would like a glimpse into what Iran was before the Arabs. It’s also important to realize we’ve all read it 1100 years later and most are not Shia terrorist dipshits

I don’t remember it being a particular good piece of literature in the English translations sadly. It’s a narrative poem written in Farsi from 900ish AD

Jimjam
04-03-2022, 02:39 PM
Poetry often loses a too much when translated.

I like watching non english movies with subtitles rather than dub - i wonder if there are subtitled audiobooks for poetry? So you can hear the rhythm / rhyme / metre but also get a sense of the content. It could also note word plays that don’t directly translate too.

I’d like that.

starkind
04-03-2022, 03:02 PM
shahnameh would probably translate into a play or something, would need a Farsi American to do it tho I guess who understands both cultures and doesn't edit the shahnameh to make it PC and sell more copies.

I don't mind doing a little translation myself.

Beowolf has successfully been done a bunch of times. LotR was a similar process of turning myth (legend) into something more personally English aswell (that was Tolkien's primary goal, per his own words).

Jimjam
04-03-2022, 03:08 PM
shahnameh would probably translate into a play or something, would need a Farsi American to do it tho I guess who understands both cultures and doesn't edit the shahnameh to make it PC and sell more copies.

I don't mind doing a little translation myself.

Beowolf has successfully been done a bunch of times. LotR was a similar process of turning myth (legend) into something more personally English aswell (that was Tolkien's primary goal, per his own words).

LoTR is a really great meta example cos it got translated into an animation which then (in unison with the original printed media) got translated into a live action film...

The crazy thing is the animation was actually filmed live action then traced over to create the cartoon figures!!

So myth -> modern english literature -> film -> animation -> film

The best stories survive and thrive in reiteration!

Patriam1066
04-03-2022, 03:11 PM
Beowulf is 3200 lines. Shahnameh is sadly 50000

It could be a mini series or something, idk

Jimjam
04-03-2022, 03:17 PM
That is rather epic! Sounds like a series indeed a strong suggestion. As is Stark’s suggestion of having bicultural workers on the project to help get the transition right.

Patriam1066
04-03-2022, 06:58 PM
I’d make it if there were any interest hah

Iran is internationally hated for obvious reasons