PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Zoned w/ DoT, LD while zoning, Dead, no Corpse

Valtos
03-08-2010, 08:12 PM
36 Barb Shaman here.

Last night I was in Innothule. Was near Uguk zone. Running to U guk to join a group. Saw "Lynuga begins to cast a Spell", she dotted me with a poison DoT.

Lynuga Bestiary Link (http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3792)

I was basically full health (80 or 90% hp) so there is no way it should of killed me.

I zone into Upper Guk and after about a min or two I realized that EQ froze while zoning. I couldn't get back into game.

This morning I logged in and was naked inside Upper Guk right at zone in. /corpse said no corpses in zone. I zoned out to Innothule and corpse was right there at the spot where you zone out of Upperguk into Innothule. It was fully clothed.

I left one thing on the corpse so that I could possibly get a res and that bubble of experience back :)

Very weird.

Valtos
03-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Tubban ressed me on his way to guk :)

Thanks Tubban!

Ferok
03-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Are you bound at the zone in at upper guk? Very curious that you wouldn't revert to your bind point, otherwise.

guineapig
03-09-2010, 02:34 PM
I had a similar weird thing happen to me recently. I was playing a level 6 rogue and had to run to zone to avoid getting killed due to lag. The game froze up while I was zoning (probably due top the lag).

When I finally logged back in I was naked right around the area where I initially started noticing the lag (near wall camp). This was actually a good thing as I was bound in Permafrost still. I can't recall where I found my corpse but I'm pretty sure it was at the zone in where (I thought) I went LD.

This has only ever happened to me once in all my wonderful glorious deaths.

Valtos
03-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Corpse was right there I was bound in innothule (which is the same spot where it spits you out after zoning into Innothule from Upper guk)

But I appeared naked with no corpse in Upper Guk... was weird.