PDA

View Full Version : Iksar Necro 30 pt creation allocation question

ScottBerta
03-19-2022, 09:52 PM
I know wiki says to put the points into sta and int. And lastly possibly put into char. I’m curious what seasoned Iksar Necro’s would recommend I put the 30 points into? Thanks for any help. I’ve never played a necro before but feel they would be a lot of fun to solo or duo to 60.

Elizondo
03-19-2022, 10:06 PM
I know wiki says to put the points into sta and int. And lastly possibly put into char. I’m curious what seasoned Iksar Necro’s would recommend I put the 30 points into? Thanks for any help. I’ve never played a necro before but feel they would be a lot of fun to solo or duo to 60.

All INT

Rest Str

Sta is pointless for a caster. Go for Raw HP on items my dude.

DMN
03-19-2022, 11:34 PM
not really gonna make that much of a difference. if you wren't an established player, 25 str 5 int would probably be the best bet. but if established player its really debatable. personlly I'd go 25 sta 5 int because i like to push the limit of mana efficency and so i let my health dip down as far as i can before tapping. 50-60 hit points isnt a lot, but has a lot more value when you reach that low hp threshold befoe you drop your vexing/bond get your hp back. it might not hppen often but it certinly could be the difference between living long enough to get FD off or not or living through a failed one for another attempt.

PatChapp
03-20-2022, 08:54 AM
15int/15 stam or str. There is debate whether or not Necro lull is affected by Cha at all.

Balimon
03-20-2022, 02:42 PM
Any combination of str/sta/int is just fine. If it's your first toon on the server, there is some merit is going more strength. I would think 5 str/25 int for a new toon, 25 sta/5 int for a min/max raid toon.

Ghost of Starman
03-21-2022, 09:25 PM
put max points in STA and rest into INT. You can't cap STA with BIS unless you do, whereas you'll have INT maxed many times over. As a Necro HP is king, much more important than the size of your mana pool due to lich and LTs. I followed the guides and put the points into INT and regret it.

Elizondo
03-22-2022, 01:43 AM
put max points in STA and rest into INT. You can't cap STA with BIS unless you do, whereas you'll have INT maxed many times over. As a Necro HP is king, much more important than the size of your mana pool due to lich and LTs. I followed the guides and put the points into INT and regret it.

Iksar start with 85 INT

Caster sta/hp ratio is 2.4

60 hp at level 60 ....

Crede
03-22-2022, 10:35 AM
Why do so many people just throw around BiS like it's no big deal? I'm not quite sure everyone knows how much raiding it actually takes to get to that point.

25 sta is 60 hp at level 60. For 99.9% of people, you're better off just going full INT and countering with raw hp gear, especially on an iksar.

enjchanter
03-22-2022, 10:39 AM
It does require a fair bit of raiding but for the most part, especially including necros, you can get dkp for free by just being in the zone while ppl kill the mob. Can get alot of bis items using this strat. And no guilds have RA requirements so you can just churn dkp at your own pace.

Toxigen
03-22-2022, 11:21 AM
As much of a filthy min/maxer as I like to be...for 99% of players you want to dump INT and get HP gear...as a couple others have said.

If your goals are BiS gear...then sure, STA.

Ghost of Starman
03-23-2022, 11:00 PM
Iksar start with 85 INT

Caster sta/hp ratio is 2.4

60 hp at level 60 ....

60 HP is huge, it's basically a whole nother piece of gear worth of HP.

Does it "matter" in the sense of it being a massive deal? No, but after sinking 100s or 1000s of hours into a toon, I'd like to know my stats are as good as they can get.

INT is highly overrated for necros, the size of your mana pool means very little with lich mana regen, the only thing that matters is getting your hp regen as high as you can to counteract then stacking HP for survivability and more time between LTs.

Elizondo
03-23-2022, 11:04 PM
60 HP is huge, it's basically a whole nother piece of gear worth of HP.

Does it "matter" in the sense of it being a massive deal? No, but after sinking 100s or 1000s of hours into a toon, I'd like to know my stats are as good as they can get.

INT is highly overrated for necros, the size of your mana pool means very little with lich mana regen, the only thing that matters is getting your hp regen as high as you can to counteract then stacking HP for survivability and more time between LTs.

If you no life and raid for years I'm sure it might matter down the road

But the guy just wants to roll a solo duo char for fun

These convos always break down into OCD absolute BIS theory craft that aren't practical for 99.999999% of folks that actually play the game

Ghost of Starman
03-24-2022, 08:10 AM
Even if he never raids, which he might, plenty of toons were created just for fun before coming raiding toons, I would still put the points into stamina as int gear is cheap and plentiful and HP even in small amounts is much more impactful to a Necro.

And getting BIS gear really isn't that hard, I play casually and take months and years long breaks from the game, and still have very good gear.

Toxigen
03-24-2022, 10:02 AM
Even if he never raids, which he might, plenty of toons were created just for fun before coming raiding toons, I would still put the points into stamina as int gear is cheap and plentiful and HP even in small amounts is much more impactful to a Necro.

And getting BIS gear really isn't that hard, I play casually and take months and years long breaks from the game, and still have very good gear.

And if/when you get to that point of being covered in good gear the tiny difference in starting stats will never, ever be felt anyway.

Y'all just spinning your wheels.

Ghost of Starman
03-24-2022, 06:20 PM
And if/when you get to that point of being covered in good gear the tiny difference in starting stats will never, ever be felt anyway.

Y'all just spinning your wheels.

Depends on how bad your OCD is.

PestilentCancer
03-31-2022, 05:19 AM
I went nuts and dumped 25 into AGI and 5 into STA, on purpose, with my most recent Iksar Nec. Ended up tap tanking all the way to 60. Didn’t even intend to take it passed 50, but it was actually fun, so I kept going. Have fun with your starting points lol

https://youtu.be/OaUetpGIjvk

sajbert
03-31-2022, 06:56 AM
If at least semi-twinked there’s zero reason to stat int. You’ll have sufficient intellect to kill what you need.

With top end gear it’ll also be a mistake to max int. Few people ever find this to be a problem since this gear is crazy hard to get and whilst capping INT isn’t hard it IS hard to cap INT when you also want all the +HP and +mana pieces.

Str is perhaps the most useful stat for leveling, especially if this is your first character. Allows you to loot more. Eventually with weight reduction bags STR is fairly pointless. Some like to meleee with their necros in which case STR is king. Some also like to invest in dex (or heaven forbid, agi) but this is very gimmicky.

Charisma does nothing except help with vendor prices, eh.

So it’s not that sta is good, it’s just that the other stats are even less significant or will become insignificant. Thus I recommend 25 sta and 5 into whatever you like.