PDA

View Full Version : I wish there was a way to know you were in the good old days before you left them

Notfame
03-14-2022, 07:21 PM
Can’t believe I thought this was the bottom of the red experience

https://i.imgur.com/LrAEUDa.jpg

Gustoo
03-14-2022, 07:42 PM
I was just showing that baller ass ms paint masterpiece to my friend.

I agree though, there was a lot of complaining during the nihilum days and I was always sad about the shit ruleset but it was definitely good times.

Jibartik
03-14-2022, 07:56 PM
The trick for OP for me is run through all the things youd have if you didnt like or play everquest and then you realize those times you think were good old days were actually your rock bottom.

starkind
03-14-2022, 08:04 PM
Best time on red. A little before and after kunark launch.

Up to a few months prior to velious. So good.

Gustoo
03-14-2022, 08:18 PM
But for the 20/20 vision thing, fact is that every moment of the present is 100% peak excellence if you have the soul power to see it for what it really is, rather than be bent out of shape over whatever things about the world are bothering you.

Every time I look back I see how great life is and how I wish I had the levity that I think the situation deserved.

But yeah if we knew P99 team wouldn't launch red2.0 for 10 years after Kunark we all might have been doing 6/hr a day every day for one last run at the game.

starkind
03-14-2022, 09:00 PM
I see it like this... using wow as an example here...

BFA is really good memories. I regret letting my own shame at other things get in the way of that.

It'd be nice to relive BFA 1 more time then lights out in a less sinful way than I previously chose.

I've been trying to get better. Keep going. And shadowlands just didn't feel anything like BFA.

I still have unrequited love for kunark launch era pvp.

It's grief. Missing. It's weird I'm still alive thinking about that. I probably won't ever really feel the same about games again... tho.

My experience is super dumb. I wish I could understand more outside of myself. Outside of what I remember fondly..

When I close my eyes. I remember the eternal palace and legitimately beating Lady Ashzara in erra and all of the imba early BFA pvp shenanigans. R.i.p.

Tradesonred
03-14-2022, 10:14 PM
Its sort of a comforting thing to know that no one will ever post anything as funny as Andis' bald head photoshopped on top of his lobby char. You can just take it easy and make some cracks here and there without the pressure to top that crowning achievement.

starkind
03-16-2022, 09:37 AM
Still really sad we don't have a time machine.

we should turn this into an MS paint remembrance of p99 thread