PDA

View Full Version : Login Stalls and Server List Disappears

GardylooGubbins
03-10-2022, 11:16 AM
Last night I got booted out of the game while zoning. It happens sometimes, so I went to log back in and began to encounter all sorts of problems.

Half the time, after entering my password the server list is simply blank.

Sometimes, the server screen is there, but pressing the join button causes the program to stall out.

Sometimes, I make it all the way to character select, log in, but then get stalled out before the game loads.

Any suggestions on how I can get back into the game?

TragedyGames
03-10-2022, 10:36 PM
I'd like to know too, I am experiencing the exact same thing now.

BlackBellamy
03-11-2022, 12:59 PM
Yes this is a common problem, especially lately if you're using AT&T it seems.

This happens frequently when you crash or /q out instead of going through the logout handshake.

The most common solution is dumping your dns cache (https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/getting-started-guide/internet-and-networking/clearing-the-dns-cache-on-your-computer) and restarting the system and waiting. The waiting part seems to be most effective.

TragedyGames
03-11-2022, 07:51 PM
Yes this is a common problem, especially lately if you're using AT&T it seems.

This happens frequently when you crash or /q out instead of going through the logout handshake.

The most common solution is dumping your dns cache (https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/getting-started-guide/internet-and-networking/clearing-the-dns-cache-on-your-computer) and restarting the system and waiting. The waiting part seems to be most effective.
Thank you very much for this response =)

GardylooGubbins
03-12-2022, 12:03 AM
Still not working. So I guess I'm on the "waiting" list

Keggernuts
03-12-2022, 12:35 AM
Im in the same boat. Zoned into kael earlier today and crashed. Ever since i cant get back in.

Rabcor
03-21-2022, 04:08 AM
Yeah, i'm playing from linux, and i thought something was wrong with my installation the first couple times but as it turns out it was this issue.

I dumped my dns cache which allowed me to load the server list but i got an error when i tried to connect.

Then I tried shifting between my phone's hotspot network and my wifi and that somehow fixed it.

Unfortunately i haven't been able to replicate that one success :(

Rabcor
03-21-2022, 08:25 PM
I have another potential solution to this problem, I haven't tested it very often but it did the trick for me twice now.

1: Login, get the blank server list.
2: Afk for a couple minutes (not sure how long is needed, a while, 10 mins maybe)
3: Logout and log back in.

This would get me the server list and allow me to connect to the servers.

Rabcor
03-22-2022, 03:13 PM
Yeah i think i can pretty much confirm that this solution's working for me. (I'd edit the posts but moderators are slow af to accept it)

I launch the game, log-in wait for 20-30 mins, log out, log back in, and it works. it's done the trick for me 4 times now.

I think what's happening is probably that EQ has maybe a full minute or something of timeout on each attempt to connect to the server and if i try to say ping login.eqemulator.com I will often (when i'm experiencing this issue) get a 'destination unreachable' error on the first 5-15 attempts.

This might be happening on EQ too, except instead of there being seconds between attempts there are minutes.