PDA

View Full Version : New Batman

Gustoo
03-05-2022, 04:24 AM
Spoilers below probably.

What do you think?

I liked the style, and the batmobile, and the way batman stands around looking at people, and the lack of anne hathaway.

I don't like the 30 minutes of face time I was forced to have with a psychopath (always bookended with batman doing something cool), or how the bad guy was a good guy. These movies are more and more about programming the viewer and it's pretty appalling.

The starting was the worst starting I've ever seen, when it opens with a news broadcast. I was scrambling for my remote controller in the theater to turn on Seinfeld. Made me clenched for the first like half hour of the movie.

I think these movies should be rated ages 30+ only though. Anyone younger is too young to see these for the brainwash tools they really are.

Jibartik
03-05-2022, 04:27 AM
What's the brainwashing intended to achieve?

unsunghero
03-05-2022, 04:45 AM
My younger co-worker was trying to hype it like it was this dark and “noir” style (he hadn’t seen it yet just what he had heard)

I’m like how were any of the last Batmans not dark? And I have no idea what noir is

Gustoo
03-05-2022, 04:50 AM
Batman style has become progressively darker in the theaters and this is no exception to the trend. It think there are two daylight scenes in the film and IIRC it's raining cats and dogs.

So it is all the things your co worker said.

Jibartik - I dunno, to have teens post on social media to a group of followers before they carry out an extremist attack justified by whatever reasons they decide their victims deserve to become victims of an extremist attack?

decide for yourself if you see it, there is no reason to have the quantity of 1 on 1 face time with psychopathic messaging that the film contains.

Noir he just means like detective dark style "it was a piece of shit night and i was in bad shape and hung over and in walks a case that i had to take for various reasons, I'm john gumshoe" that kinda story line.

There are criticisms of this story line but overall it had good vibes besides significant unneeded manifesto footage.

Jibartik
03-05-2022, 04:50 AM
Batman style has become progressively darker in the theaters and this is no exception to the trend.

https://i.imgur.com/wvjUBlw.png

Gustoo
03-05-2022, 04:53 AM
damn that is awesome. ^^

If you've never seen the EXTREMELY LONG HYPER LONG FULLY LONG extended version of the watchmen film, it makes an OK movie into a fantastic movie. Highly recommend. Not just the directors cut. I think its called the ultimate cut. Its long as hell. The main thing is the tales of the black freighter being added back into the film as it is in the comics, it completely fixes the pacing and informs about the whole damn movie. I can't believe how much better it is. Goes from a 6/10 to a 10/10.

Compared to the new film, Christopher Nolan's batmans are very cheery and refreshing. This was almost as dark as possible.

unsunghero
03-05-2022, 04:54 AM
^
Lol@ that comic. And watchman was an underrated movie IMO

Ty for explaining Noir to me, that makes sense. I like dark, especially dark endings, but I don’t really see movies much, still would need to see Spider-Man no way home which I heard was real good

But appreciate the heads up on it in case I do

Mblake1981
03-05-2022, 04:55 AM
My younger co-worker was trying to hype it like it was this dark and “noir” style (he hadn’t seen it yet just what he had heard)

I’m like how were any of the last Batmans not dark? And I have no idea what noir is

https://i.imgur.com/ms04Tyt.png

Mblake1981
03-05-2022, 04:56 AM
VJFkuZroQyI

Jibartik
03-05-2022, 04:59 AM
damn that is awesome. ^^

If you've never seen the EXTREMELY LONG HYPER LONG FULLY LONG extended version of the watchmen film, it makes an OK movie into a fantastic movie. Highly recommend. Not just the directors cut. I think its called the ultimate cut. Its long as hell. The main thing is the tales of the black freighter being added back into the film as it is in the comics, it completely fixes the pacing and informs about the whole damn movie. I can't believe how much better it is. Goes from a 6/10 to a 10/10.

Compared to the new film, Christopher Nolan's batmans are very cheery and refreshing. This was almost as dark as possible.

watchmen is amazing I think it's one of a few movies out there that is truly unlike any other movie out there. It makes it a real work of art IMO.

Idiocracy is in that echelon.

Gustoo
03-05-2022, 05:02 AM
Did you watch the ultimate cut? I confirmed that is what it is called. I think the trailers are the best movies of all time on their own and the normal cut let me down big time. The ultimate cut fixed it.

Mblake ya i dunno about new spiderman. I'm a spiderman 2 guy and thats pretty much where it ended for me. I kinda hate marvel, except all the Xmen movies ever made so far, except that horror movie one.

And now that huge jackedman won't have cameos I don't think I'm gunna see anymore.

The scene where young jean grey heals fucked up wolverines brain when hes escaping from the place he was locked up i literally cried so all the new xmen first class movies get approval.

But I'm an Xmen guy.

Jibartik
03-05-2022, 05:04 AM
I liked the xmen movies, days of future past is dope.

But I like the picard generation xmen movies those were a lot of fun to experience as a fan before the tsunami of marvel.

I used to always think it was cool watching super hero movies that if you paused them, would look like they were a serious drama or summer blockbuster. At the time super heros were still kinda for nerds.

Gustoo
03-05-2022, 05:07 AM
https://i.imgur.com/ms04Tyt.png

thanks for correct definition.

Jibartik
03-05-2022, 05:08 AM
I liked whichever movie that was that had the guy that did thanos, but when he played Cable.

He wasnt a perfect cable, but he was Cable, and that was awesome.

Gustoo
03-05-2022, 05:09 AM
Oh yeah, Xmen 1 2 and 3 are peak excellence for me. They have corny parts, but they are the best anyways. I just like the story the best, and the lack of marvel lameshit. Thank you fox for not being disney for like 20 years.

Jibartik
03-05-2022, 05:11 AM
Dont get me wrong, I like the new marvel movies. They're super dumb and basically modern musicals, but god damn there are some great ones. And the story following all that for so many movies was really fun.

I watched them all in their worlds chronological order, puts antman 2 like, 2nd to last and that's a great way to end a 22 movie long binge lol

Gustoo
03-05-2022, 05:16 AM
I can't get myself to have any feelings whatsoever for the characters in the modern disney marvel movies. Just a bunch of fighting for no reason, with no drama or character or soul. It truly feels gutless the entire time. Just a bunch of CG rendered versions of people doing outlandish things. The tie ins to me are as lame as they are in the comic books "Better go check out avengers issue 4 to find out what stupid thing is being referenced here in spider man!"

I don't have the same experience with Xmen.

Of the new films I enjoy dr strange and guardians of the galaxy the most. Avengers basically sux thats why none of the film studios bought it. The whole name "MCU" makes me throw up, because it does not add to the enjoyment of the gutless soulless no risk no emotion no passion no nothing of these basically cartoons for children that have taken over cinema.

But I'm an asshole and just really love Fox's Xmen. Dreading the day when the xmen get pulled into some shitty ironman movie.

Jibartik
03-05-2022, 05:22 AM
I agree with you, or I did until I watched them all in order. It was about halfway that I basically fell in love with the characters the way you would if you were trapped in hell with them. You just form a bond after all that time together.

From then on its unconditional and I really found myself rooting for them all.. well the new stuff I cant get into, I figure ill wait till there is 22 versions of it that I can watch in order again.

Also they yeah are as guttless and soulless as musicals.

Mblake1981
03-05-2022, 05:24 AM
FZt8ZQVYn9s

Jibartik
03-05-2022, 05:26 AM
Invincible on amazon is pretty good.

edit: just remembered I watched Black widdow last week lol my oh my is that a stinker

starkind
03-05-2022, 10:29 AM
/\

Gustoo
03-05-2022, 11:49 PM
I saw black widow it felt like all the others im sure they wish they released that in mid 2022 with some edits for relevance

Nocht
03-06-2022, 12:30 AM
anybody remember when we were considered lepers of society for liking superheroes? Now we got all of hollywood flopping over themselves to play trash tier characters like the "Eternals"

Gustoo
03-06-2022, 12:47 AM
Yeah it’s pretty sad.

Like anime being something people think they can talk about outside of a dungeons and dragon closet meeting

(Shrug)

Jibartik
03-06-2022, 01:57 AM
I saw eternals 2 weeks ago and I couldn't possibly tell you what it was about.

I also am pretty unsure about the plot to black widow.

Very forgettable.

Mblake1981
03-06-2022, 02:07 AM
jmMgq6u5dFs

Jibartik
03-07-2022, 03:43 PM
https://i.imgur.com/VCVnxFj.png

starkind
03-07-2022, 05:23 PM
DC, Marvel, Xman movies r all pretty ok. And fun. More or less.

I just wish they did one where no one died or there was any serious violence. Like an old black and white lowkey movie. Without that much action. Maybe the badguy gets punched once or slapped by his girlfriend. And that's it. Then she goes off with Batman.

I also wish other genre's got away from the heavily violent fight scene SFX formulas. They give me seizures even in slowmo.

I don't want to troll ur genre's. These movies are a lot better with eyes closed during some parts tho.

/\