PDA

View Full Version : Boredom when Playing Necro.

long.liam
02-27-2022, 09:50 PM
My level 23 Iksar Necro can be very boring to play. I get tired of having to hold the pet back until My dots do atleast 51% of the damage to the Mob. Maybe I'm too low level to have a good idea of the Class, but it seems really boring. I honestly have more fun playing My shaman, Enchanter, or really any other Class. Just seems really slow at low levels. Lots of sitting, send in pet, wait on dots that you cant even see the damage done, to drop the mobs hp. I sometimes feel like going to bed and take a Nap instead of playing my necro.

Crede
02-28-2022, 01:17 AM
My level 23 Iksar Necro can be very boring to play. I get tired of having to hold the pet back until My dots do atleast 51% of the damage to the Mob. Maybe I'm too low level to have a good idea of the Class, but it seems really boring. I honestly have more fun playing My shaman, Enchanter, or really any other Class. Just seems really slow at low levels. Lots of sitting, send in pet, wait on dots that you cant even see the damage done, to drop the mobs hp. I sometimes feel like going to bed and take a Nap instead of playing my necro.

Start charm killing to help the levels go by, what you’re doing is more ideal if you duo with someone. call of bones helps at 34 but they really come into their own at 49+ with lich, splurt, shadowbond, etc. had more fun than leveling my Necro than enchanter.

long.liam
02-28-2022, 01:33 AM
Start charm killing to help the levels go by, what you’re doing is more ideal if you duo with someone. call of bones helps at 34 but they really come into their own at 49+ with lich, splurt, shadowbond, etc. had more fun than leveling my Necro than enchanter.

Ah ok. Good idea. Where is a good place to charm on a Necro at level 23?

PatChapp
02-28-2022, 11:08 AM

Unrest. 24 would be easier, screaming terror and undead lull

Crede
02-28-2022, 11:18 AM

Unrest, or various loio areas if you want some space to practice more(start with courier area then move to west side of lake). But I'd stick with unrest until 37 or so where you can then move to kaesora and fine tune your charming to prepare for CoM/HS. I'd recommend getting an instant charm break item if you can(Goblin gazughi ring or pre nerf CoS). With those you can break charm and really low % and just kill with hungry earth & eventually deflux at 54.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpjhDVLiQYg

There's a good high level charming video can use those techniques for any level really, eventually learning to use dots as needed to finish off mobs when your dots dont suck anymore.

Good luck, don't lose hope as the class is incredibly versatile and a blast to level once you get a bit higher and your options open up more.

eisley
02-28-2022, 01:27 PM
My necro was the most fun character I leveled, but it didn't kick into gear until 50ish. Once you can charm, pull, be the group healer, all at once, it's a blast.

The class basically changes entirely at 49+.

How twinked are you? Are you in a raid guild? If so, I'd do everything in your power to get a Soul Well staff from VP. It's much better than epic (though you definitely want epic too) and will play a part in how you play. Considering picking some Staves of Undead Legons and Tolapumj Robes for pet gear later.

Consider getting powerleveled to at least 34. I believe that's when you get the first decent Lich spell. I leveled in HighKeep until the early 40's, then went to Guk and did a lot of reverse charming. It was very handy in learning how to charm well later on.

Always keep up Manaskin. When you twink, lean towards resists. Velium BD bracers, Stone of Morid, etc. If you get one big ticket item make it prenerf CoS for sure, then ZHeart.

50+, everything changes. You can go to KC basement and basically be a one man show in groups. Charm a pet, heal with Shadowbond and Pact of Shadow, use Soul Bond or Vexing Mordinia to heal yourself, pull with Lull, handle charm breaks by FDing and instantly standing and ST or just recharm. If you prefer to solo, HS is great for the challenge. It will make you a better player. Just remember that when you're solo you have to reverse charm. ie - don't kill stuff with your pet. Root the enemy and break charm before it dies. (pre-nerf CoS is big for this) Then finish them both off.

Arvan
02-28-2022, 01:38 PM
Waiting to do 51% damage before sending pet in seems less efficient than just killing as fast as possible... idk though my necro is only like lvl 20 so i'm no expert

Crede
02-28-2022, 01:46 PM
Waiting to do 51% damage before sending pet in seems less efficient than just killing as fast as possible... idk though my necro is only like lvl 20 so i'm no expert

Yea, I'd just duo with pets or charm until at least 49/51 when you can start playing around with more efficient dots. Lich, ignite blood, and splurt make for rotting a much more enjoyable experience, even though charming is still superior.

enjchanter
02-28-2022, 06:41 PM
If you don't like necro then don't play it
If you have an enchanter, your necro will only disappoint you

Trust me I have both

Boyblunder
03-02-2022, 07:29 PM
Something I didn't realize for a while, make sure to isolate your failed FD message " Dickhead has fallen to the ground". Also get Star of Eyes to blast ST. If you have hp then wait 5 sec to FD.

enjchanter
03-02-2022, 09:16 PM
Allure of death book is pretty good non target gcd clicky for necro

Shadowrat
03-03-2022, 01:58 PM
In theory you don't have to wait for 51% damage to be done before sending pet. As long as you do 51% before the mob dies right. Let's say you send pet in when mob is at 80%, as long as you do an additional 31% your fine. Let's say your ebolt is doing 51%, then as long as it runs to completion before mobs dies you can work out when to send pet in.

Toxigen
03-03-2022, 03:46 PM

Trust me I have both

truth

tranceminus
03-06-2022, 11:07 AM
I have a 60 Necro and Enc, and personally Necro is still the char I loved the most by far, even though Enc is way more powerful for farming top end stuff.

Necro doesn't really come online until 34, then the class flavor becomes much more distinct, and it actually starts to feel powerful. I'd try to grind it out until then and then see how you like it.

Nagoya
03-06-2022, 12:42 PM
Necro is for duo.

Penish
03-08-2022, 09:50 AM
as you can see, necros are dogshit /thread

Bardp1999
03-09-2022, 03:58 AM
Try grouping

enjchanter
03-09-2022, 10:52 AM
Necros are okay but they're very similar to bards where like they can do an array of things just well enough that it almost works but isn't truly effective like just having the appropriate thing would be.

Crede
03-09-2022, 02:27 PM
Necro was much more fun than my enchanter, and I have both at 60. It all depends on the player though, I cringe when I see necros casting splurt in fast kill groups. Enchanters are superior dungeon soloers but Necro can open up so many different play styles, in both the raid and non raid scenes.

Jibartik
03-09-2022, 05:03 PM

Trust me I have both

not if ur farmin gear/faction in a zone 30 levels lower than u

https://i.imgur.com/viHLbVf.png