PDA

View Full Version : Epic pet vs Focused 60 Water Pet

enjchanter
02-18-2022, 11:16 AM
Since no one will sell me an earth staff, I have a question for the masses of epic mages out there.

If you're in a setting where your pet will not be tanking and appropriate positioning is available, will a 60 focused water pet out dps the epic pet?

I understand the 50pt dmg shield on the epic pet is huge but it's no longer feasible to really solo anything worth while on a mage due to the aggro bug. So I'm curious strictly speaking on the dps , would it be better to use a focused level 60 water pet to backstab blue con's over the epic pets higher average hit.

Balimon
02-18-2022, 01:49 PM
I haven't parsed it personally but from what I've seen when I pay attention to others parses is that a max level water pet is more DPS by about 3-8 dps. I use Vindi as a baseline and my water pets would get 45-48 or so and my epics do 40-45.

It definitely warrants more testing, I havent had the time to do yet. I'd like to point out though that most of the time you wouldn't have a max level water pet, there isn't always time to chain summon to get one. This is where the epic pet will always outshine it, because it's always the same level.

To answer your question directly, it's definitely better when you get a max level summon. The epic pet is just generally more useful and easy to use since it's always the same level and Max hit.