PDA

View Full Version : Surprise most Republicans aren't for Making America Great Again

Botten
02-08-2022, 04:49 PM
The House passed a bill to counter China's influence with manufacturing and research investment.

You would think that this is a great thing and everyone would be on board!
We are going to find a way to bring back jobs and make America great again!

The final tally for the House vote was 222 to 210 with one republican... One republican, Adam Kinzinger of Illinois voted for the bill.

This would make sweeping investment in American manufacturing and scientific research; as well has changes to trade policy in an effort to make the US more competitive on a global stage and counter China's growing economic influence.

And they voted against it. They are so for making America great again.. what a butch of BS.
They don't care about the American citizens.

With the House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy saying the bill "includes no measure to make China pay for the chaos they created. Democrats' reluctance to actually do anything to hold China accountable."

REALLY? A bill that could bring research and manufacture jobs back to the states Needs to have more in it to punish China.

They may as well just come out and said the truth:
They don't want another partisan victory for the president which is a sad statement on their part because this is really a jobs issue.

Jimjam
02-08-2022, 04:56 PM
Perfect is the enemy of the good, innit?

Ooloo
02-08-2022, 04:57 PM
Yes, they obviously support bringing jobs back. However they also want democrats to do more to hold china accountable, which they easily could, thus getting it passed in bipartisan fashion, but for some reason they won't.

I think they're realizing americans hate their policies so now they're starting to feign right wing positions like "american jobs!", and oh hey also maybe uhhhh covid lockdowns aren't needed after all! See? Joe biden fixed covid, now that we're adopting the same policies red states have the entire time!

Botten
02-08-2022, 05:21 PM
Yes, they obviously support bringing jobs back. However they also want democrats to do more to hold china accountable, which they easily could, thus getting it passed in bipartisan fashion, but for some reason they won't.

I think they're realizing americans hate their policies so now they're starting to feign right wing positions like "american jobs!", and oh hey also maybe uhhhh covid lockdowns aren't needed after all! See? Joe biden fixed covid, now that we're adopting the same policies red states have the entire time!

Good to know you never cared about bring jobs back or making America great again, either.
Anything to stick to the liberals, am I right; even if you have to die to covid for it.

Reiwa
02-08-2022, 05:25 PM
What's the poison pill?

Reiwa
02-08-2022, 05:57 PM
apnews (https://apnews.com/article/technology-business-china-united-states-congress-a6c2366885d82cca4089d3cc09b3acb0)

“The bill we’re talking about today is a jobs bill, a jobs bill for manufacturing in America, for making it in America,” Pelosi said.

“This bill is actually just a long list of progressive dream policies that have nothing to do with China at all,” said Rep. Michelle Fischbach, R-Minn.

One of the biggest flashpoints is the $8 billion in the legislation to help developing countries reduce their emissions and cope with climate change. Former President Barack Obama pledged $3 billion toward the fund, but former President Donald Trump withheld $2 billion of that.

Rep. Michael McCaul, the ranking Republican on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, called it an “unaccountable UN slush fund” that has already provided at least $100 million to China.

Tensions with China are reflected in much the legislation. In a nod to concerns about the origins of COVID-19, the bill directs the president to submit a report to Congress on the most likely origin of the virus, the level of confidence in that assessment and the challenges of making such as assessment.

Republicans dismissed the provision as “no independent investigation, no sanctions, no punishment.” They want a select committee of lawmakers to look into the origins of COVID-19. “Instead of taking action to get a real accountability, it’s going to ask them for a report,” said Republican leader Kevin McCarthy of California.

Another provision would subject more lower-cost products made in China to tariffs. Currently, imports valued at less than $800 are exempted from expedited processing and tariffs. The bill eliminates the threshold for certain countries, most notably China.

“We’ll send House Republicans a much better option to vote on in the next couple of months,” said Sen. Todd Young, R-Ind.

Elizondo
02-08-2022, 05:57 PM
OP copy/paste and didn't include link

Dems do stuff like this all time. Dress up terrible legislation and put flowery words around it like "Save The Children Act" but it's a post birth abortion bill

Reiwa
02-08-2022, 06:06 PM
President Joe Biden urged lawmakers to reach a deal quickly, saying, “America can’t afford to wait.” (https://apnews.com/article/politics-china-business-health-coronavirus-pandemic-395fa2476a798701f43758805c7eab8d)

June 8, 2021

:rolleyes:

unsunghero
02-08-2022, 06:18 PM
OP copy/paste and didn't include link

Dems do stuff like this all time. Dress up terrible legislation and put flowery words around it like "Save The Children Act" but it's a post birth abortion bill

One upside to Dems passing post-birth abortions is kids everywhere in America would start behaving better

Trexller
02-08-2022, 06:35 PM
The House passed a bill to counter China's influence with manufacturing and research investment.

The final tally for the House vote was 222 to 210 with one republican... One republican, Adam Kinzinger of Illinois voted for the bill.

This would make sweeping investment in American manufacturing and scientific research; as well has changes to trade policy in an effort to make the US more competitive on a global stage and counter China's growing economic influence.

And they voted against it. They are so for making America great again.. what a butch of BS.

With the House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy saying the bill "includes no measure to make China pay for the chaos they created. Democrats' reluctance to actually do anything to hold China accountable."

REALLY? A bill that could bring research and manufacture jobs back to the states Needs to have more in it to punish China.

They don't want another partisan victory for the president which is a sad statement on their part because this is really a jobs issue.

yeah what other earmarks, pigfat and underhanded dem bullshit did they hide inside this bill?

"we need to pass a bill that includes our agenda, because all of our other bills died before they hit the senate, so just call it the "Super Rocket America Cowboy #1 Happy Fun Bill"

OP is yet again, a raging moron.

starkind
02-08-2022, 06:36 PM
apnews (https://apnews.com/article/technology-business-china-united-states-congress-a6c2366885d82cca4089d3cc09b3acb0)

Wat riewa said.

Chortles Snortles
02-08-2022, 06:38 PM
china bad!!! let’s do nothing!!!
(lol)

starkind
02-08-2022, 06:40 PM
I swear to God they are trying to cripple us so we are too busy caring for the wounded and too sick to fight. So we stay pinned down.

I doubt the Rs will put forth a much better one should they ever get a majority tho. They are both playing team IMF.

It's just the government stalling for time so bezos yacht can escape (that is actually a decoy bezos is going to the moon).

(If u go after any yacht they will know who u are and interrogate u to see if you have a chain of command). (No pirates allowed)

Reiwa
02-08-2022, 07:00 PM
I doubt the Rs will put forth a much better one should they ever get a majority tho. They are both playing team IMF.

Senate passed a similar bill under cloture in June. House can approve it anytime they feel up to it.

Jibartik
02-08-2022, 07:05 PM

let me guess, this is not a force china out of American investment bill, but instead is a flood markets with bailouts and tons of federal money, bill?

Stop allowing companies to sell products in china.

Stop allowing chinese to sell products to america.

Anything else is nazism. Slave labor concentration support.

edit: omg it was even worse than I imagined.

TheConsortium
02-08-2022, 08:45 PM
everything is true so nothing is false

starkind
02-08-2022, 08:49 PM
Could u imagine if Americans would have to make their own cellphones. Or if they would have to do without a new cell for more than 5 years of their pitiful lives groveling for Tacobell food credits.

Reiwa
02-08-2022, 09:32 PM
Stop allowing companies to sell products in china.

Stop allowing chinese to sell products to america.

Anything else is nazism. Slave labor concentration support.

you're describing juche. :p

How much are computer chips for cars cost?

Botten
02-08-2022, 10:24 PM
In a statement, Senator Todd Young, the lead Republican sponsor of the Senate bill, said he was “disappointed” that the House bill had not had more Republican input. (https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/04/us/politics/house-china-competitive-bill.html)

Wake up members of your own Republican party have no real valuable talking points against the bill.

The Republican party was all about making America great again but fall flat on it when it could be a partisan win for the Biden administration. Pathetic.

I see the typical peanut gallery of Trumpers on this thread making ridiculous excuses as usual to follow their cult like brainwashed party. Stick to Fox opinion; its all you care about.

starkind
02-08-2022, 10:28 PM
Y do cars even need puter chipz?

Why do we even let ppl own cars?

Elizondo
02-08-2022, 10:41 PM
In a statement, Senator Todd Young, the lead Republican sponsor of the Senate bill, said he was “disappointed” that the House bill had not had more Republican input. (https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/04/us/politics/house-china-competitive-bill.html)

Wake up members of your own Republican party have no real valuable talking points against the bill.

The Republican party was all about making America great again but fall flat on it when it could be a partisan win for the Biden administration. Pathetic.

I see the typical peanut gallery of Trumpers on this thread making ridiculous excuses as usual to follow their cult like brainwashed party. Stick to Fox opinion; its all you care about.

Dems have had control of everything for a year and everything going to shit

This is all just a political stunt to try and shift blame for their failures with mid terms coming up

Sorry Manchin and Sinema didn't go along with your extremist agenda

Botten
02-08-2022, 10:48 PM
Dems have had control of everything for a year and everything going to shit

This is all just a political stunt to try and shift blame for their failures with mid terms coming up

Sorry Manchin and Sinema didn't go along with your extremist agenda

Only this time it is complaints about your own party from your own party.

And worse it has already passed in the senate so bring up Manchin and Sinema is moot.

Get with the program Elizondo.

Elizondo
02-08-2022, 10:51 PM
Only this time it is complaints about your own party from your own party.

And worse it has already passed in the senate so bring up Manchin and Sinema is moot.

Get with the program Elizondo.

RINOS gonna RINO

They like spending just as much as Dems do

Sorry Biden's agenda a failure

unsunghero
02-08-2022, 10:59 PM
Not gonna lie I have no idea what’s in this bill

But the $8B to other nations to fight the climate monster intrigues me

If they can toss in some money for classes for Haitians to explore their sexuality you have my vote

Elizondo
02-08-2022, 11:07 PM
Not gonna lie I have no idea what’s in this bill

But the $8B to other nations to fight the climate monster intrigues me

If they can toss in some money for classes for Haitians to explore their sexuality you have my vote

They always use dumb buzzwords for massive spending like "investments" when Dems don't have any money and we 30T in debt

Reiwa
02-08-2022, 11:35 PM

Todd Young (https://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/04/what-indiana-sen-todd-young-said-marjorie-taylor-greene-and-gop/4387878001/)

"There should be no debate about Marjorie Taylor Greene," Young said. "She's nutty. She's an embarrassment to our party. There's no place for her in the Republican Party. There ought to be no place."

Be nicer to the good ones.

Elizondo
02-08-2022, 11:40 PM
Todd Young (https://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/04/what-indiana-sen-todd-young-said-marjorie-taylor-greene-and-gop/4387878001/)

Be nicer to the good ones.

Yep total RINO squish

Called it

Reiwa
02-08-2022, 11:43 PM
Yep total RINO squish

Called it

He voted to acquit twice, ya big idiot.

Young touched on the impeachment efforts as well during his media call. He said he was not sure about the constitutionality of impeaching former President Donald Trump. Last week, Young voted with most Republicans to support a motion that the impeachment trial against Trump is unconstitutional in the Senate.

"I can tell you what I'm hearing from Hoosiers, Republicans, Democrats, and I'm hearing it from other Americans as well. I'm hearing that President Trump is is now a private citizen. There are other avenues for those who want to hold him to certain charges," Young said. "Moreover, because of the extraordinary time period we're in, I really don't want to spend a lot of time on this."

Botten
02-09-2022, 12:19 AM
Meh whataboutism with Marjorie (good old Jewish space lasers is now seen as sane by others let alone her own party?) you can do better.

Sure… whataboutism then… Elizondo, next you will be telling me you are alright with who Marjorie sticks to like glue to these days. You know Pedo Gaetz. Did know you were okay with Matt Gaetz. Everyone must be a liberal or Rino to you; grasping at straws must be a fun game to you.

Elizondo
02-09-2022, 12:24 AM
He voted to acquit twice, ya big idiot.

So what? They were obviously political theater

He voted for the bloated Dem Infrastructure Bill. Ironic that that bill nuked 'Buy American" requirements to supply said 'Infrastructure'

Meh whataboutism with Marjorie (good old Jewish space lasers is now seen as sane by others let alone her own party?) you can do better.

Sure… whataboutism then… Elizondo, next you will be telling me you are alright with who Marjorie sticks to like glue to these days. You know Pedo Gaetz. Did know you were okay with Matt Gaetz. Everyone must be a liberal or Rino to you; grasping at straws must be a fun game to you.

lol dude

There isn't a topic in elf forums where you don't summon Trump tears

Sorry Biden a total failure and dems tryin to use pubs as cover to bail them out before mid terms

unsunghero
02-09-2022, 12:30 AM
Well in regards to the manufacturing chips (maybe for cars?), there’s a huge one coming to my city. Good for jobz, bad for traffic

“According to CNBC, the new plant in Phoenix, Arizona, will cost TSMC $12 billion. The company will begin making 5-nanometer chips and be launched in 2024. The company wants to produce 20,000 wafers monthly”

I’d be down for tariffs on stuff from China. Or are those still in place?

Jibartik
02-09-2022, 12:46 AM
juche. :p

Nuh-uh I'm saying not to manufacture or do business in countries that are like that, which is what china basically is for 99% of its population.

Reiwa
02-09-2022, 01:33 AM
So what? They were obviously political theater

He voted for the bloated Dem Infrastructure Bill. Ironic that that bill nuked 'Buy American" requirements to supply said 'Infrastructure'

No he didn't. (https://www.npr.org/2021/08/10/1026486578/senate-republican-votes-infrastructure-bill) Elizondo making up stories again. :p

She cray

Botten
02-09-2022, 01:47 AM
No he didn't. (https://www.npr.org/2021/08/10/1026486578/senate-republican-votes-infrastructure-bill) Elizondo making up stories again. :p

She cray

Elizondo does love his fakenews. He also loves telling others their news is fake.
A true crazed right…. Like Baler.

Elizondo
02-09-2022, 02:09 AM

She cray

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/28/politics/republicans-voted-for-infrastructure-package-debate/index.html

Here are the 17 Republican senators who voted to advance the $1 trillion infrastructure bill

Roy Blunt of Missouri
Richard Burr of North Carolina
Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia
Bill Cassidy of Louisiana
Susan Collins of Maine
Kevin Cramer of North Dakota
Mike Crapo of Idaho
Lindsey Graham of South Carolina
Chuck Grassley of Iowa
John Hoeven of North Dakota
Mitch McConnell of Kentucky
Lisa Murkowski of Alaska
Rob Portman of Ohio
Jim Risch of Idaho
Mitt Romney of Utah
Thom Tillis of North Carolina
Todd Young of Indiana

He was for it before he was against it!

lol typical RINO squish

Elizondo
02-09-2022, 02:19 AM
esUTn6L0UDU

Reiwa
02-09-2022, 02:22 AM
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/28/politics/republicans-voted-for-infrastructure-package-debate/index.html

He was for it before he was against it!

lol typical RINO squish

Whips let you take a break if your vote isn't needed. It's meant to keep incurious morons from calling you a RINO, but alas Babylon. :p

Elizondo
02-09-2022, 02:37 AM
Whips let you take a break if your vote isn't needed. It's meant to keep incurious morons from calling you a RINO, but alas Babylon. :p

You and Botten have spent the last 2 pages defending a Republican and a Flip Flopper

Hilarious

Ooloo
02-09-2022, 09:30 AM
Reiwa's posting MO is: Find a lengthy post to respond to, select one small section to semantically quibble over, post one sentence response to only that part.

Also "That concern you have is actually totally not real and everything is fine and/or republicans do it too." is his stance on essentially every issue.

starkind
02-09-2022, 09:36 AM
Reiwa's posting MO is: Find a lengthy post to respond to, select one small section to semantically quibble over, post one sentence response to only that part.

Also "That concern you have is actually totally not real and everything is fine and/or republicans do it too." is his stance on essentially every issue.

Ya riewa do. Riewa is often p right tho :p

Ur kinda goofy if u think riewa is ur enemy.

Reiwa
02-09-2022, 11:51 AM
You and Botten have spent the last 2 pages defending a Republican and a Flip Flopper

Hilarious

It is possible for Republicans to be OK. We can disagree on policy without inciting an insurrection over it.

unsunghero
02-09-2022, 11:57 AM
It is possible for Republicans to be OK. We can disagree on policy without inciting an insurrection over it.

I like how Dem news channels are calling the Canadian trucker protest an insurrection too, with their weapons of mass destruction of truck horns

I hope that word gets overused by Dems to the point where it loses all meaning to the public like nazi has

Reiwa
02-09-2022, 11:58 AM

I don't play nicely with gish gallop (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjezSzCMWMA&t=7s), that's true. :p

Reiwa
02-09-2022, 12:14 PM
I like how Dem news channels are calling the Canadian trucker protest an insurrection too, with their weapons of mass destruction of truck horns

I hope that word gets overused by Dems to the point where it loses all meaning to the public like nazi has

Trump ‘bears responsibility’ for Capitol riot -McCarthy (https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/13/mccarthy-trump-responsibility-capitol-riot-458975)

“The president bears responsibility for Wednesday's attack on Congress by mob rioters,” McCarthy said on the House floor. “He should have immediately denounced the mob when he saw what was unfolding. These facts require immediate action by President Trump."

'Practically and morally responsible' -McConnell (https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/13/mcconnell-condemns-trump-acquitted-469002)

“There's no question — none — that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day. No question about it. The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president,” McConnell said. “The leader of the free world cannot spend weeks thundering that shadowy forces are stealing our country and then feign surprise when people believe him and do reckless things."

Elizondo
02-09-2022, 12:23 PM
Trump ‘bears responsibility’ for Capitol riot -McCarthy (https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/13/mccarthy-trump-responsibility-capitol-riot-458975)

'Practically and morally responsible' -McConnell (https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/13/mcconnell-condemns-trump-acquitted-469002)

RINOS gonna RINO. Politico gonna Politico

Keep Hope aliv.. Uh I mean the 'narrative' alive

Reiwa
02-09-2022, 12:27 PM
RINOS gonna RINO.

The next Speaker of the House and the turtle who turned SCOTUS conservative for the next three decades are RINOs?

I bet you feel pretty silly right now.

unsunghero
02-09-2022, 12:36 PM
“The president bears responsibility for Wednesday's attack on Congress by mob rioters,” McCarthy said on the House floor. “He should have immediately denounced the mob when he saw what was unfolding. These facts require immediate action by President Trump."

I don’t recall him asking them to riot. And immediately denouncing it would just be political posturing. If one person saying or typing something could shut down a riot then we wouldn’t need riot police anymore. Who knew how easy it could be, and think of all the money we could save on police shields and non-lethal means to push back an aggressive crowd, when all u need is one man with a megaphone

Elizondo
02-09-2022, 12:37 PM
The next Speaker of the House and the turtle who turned SCOTUS conservative for the next three decades are RINOs?

I bet you feel pretty silly right now.

Ooloo nailed it

Reeeeewa king of quibbling over pointless strawmen

By all means, please continue to champion RINO Flip Floppers and try and prove to yourself that the turtle who bailed out Biden's bloated Infrastructure monstrosity is a hardcore conservative or something because he won't put another wacky Sotomeyer on the Supremes.

I won't interrupt

Reiwa
02-09-2022, 12:38 PM
Who knew how easy it could be, and think of all the money we could save on police shields and non-lethal means to push back an aggressive crowd, when all u need is one man with a megaphone

Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority, still more when you superadd the tendency or the certainty of corruption by authority. There is no worse heresy than that the office sanctifies the holder of it.

unsunghero
02-09-2022, 12:39 PM
“I did denounce it”

“You didn’t do it fast enough”

“You didn’t do it often enough. Do it again. Do it again now”

unsunghero
02-09-2022, 12:41 PM
Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority, still more when you superadd the tendency or the certainty of corruption by authority. There is no worse heresy than that the office sanctifies the holder of it.

One person with a megaphone can cause a riot, much harder for one man with a megaphone to STOP a riot

This is due to how human’s brains work when in a high emotional state. This is why saying “STOP!” Loudly to two people fighting doesn’t work

Reiwa
02-09-2022, 12:45 PM
“I did denounce it”

Source?

Elizondo
02-09-2022, 12:45 PM
Thread about Dem Spending legislation

Reeewa invoking Jan 6! again

Reiwa
02-09-2022, 12:47 PM
Thread about Dem Spending legislation

Reeewa invoking Jan 6! again

Thread about Reiwa, according to Ooloo and Elizondo. 🤪

unsunghero
02-09-2022, 12:49 PM
Source?

He did that afternoon around like 6pm, I can’t look it up but someone else claimed he didn’t and I found the quote for them. Just do a Google search

I gotta go talk to a drunk homeless person bbl

Reiwa
02-09-2022, 12:52 PM
He did that afternoon around like 6pm, I can’t look it up but someone else claimed he didn’t and I found the quote for them. Just do a Google search

Would be news to me that Trump denounced the insurrectionists. When you have time, please. 🥺

Elizondo
02-09-2022, 12:52 PM

a5mzq6SilMI

Peacefully and Patriotically Make Your Voices Heard

Reeewa tryin to turn a thread about Dem spending into another Jan6! (worse than 9/11 and Pearl Harbor combined didn't you know)

starkind
02-09-2022, 01:03 PM
I just wanted to step in here and remind u all riewa is a good boy!

unsunghero
02-09-2022, 01:04 PM
Would be news to me that Trump denounced the insurrectionists. When you have time, please. ��

This was next day but there was something condemning it that day as well, just hours later

“January 7, 2021Trump releases a more somber prerecorded message, saying he was outraged by the "violence, lawlessness and mayhem" that took place the previous day. He also acknowledges Biden would succeed him as president”

Forbes

Edit: this was day of: “President Donald Trump on Wednesday urged swarms of his supporters rioting in and around the U.S. Capitol to “go home now,” “

Ooloo
02-09-2022, 01:14 PM
Trump could cure cancer and they'd criticize him for not curing it sooner, it literally doesn't matter what he says or does. He explicitely condemned the violence on Jan 6th and also explicitely stated that white supremacists should be "condemned completely" and what good does it do?

It just bounces off the paranoid TDS sufferers who perceive his every utterance as some kind of "dogwhistle" (which, ironically, would mean they can hear it and are therefor racist by the very logic of that term).

Reiwa
02-09-2022, 01:18 PM
This was next day but there was something condemning it that day as well, just hours later

“January 7, 2021Trump releases a more somber prerecorded message, saying he was outraged by the "violence, lawlessness and mayhem" that took place the previous day. He also acknowledges Biden would succeed him as president”

Forbes

Edit: this was day of: “President Donald Trump on Wednesday urged swarms of his supporters rioting in and around the U.S. Capitol to “go home now,” “

Gonna need a source. Nothing personnel kid, but I can't just take your word for it.

Elizondo
02-09-2022, 01:18 PM
I'm just waiting for Reiwa to tell us all that John McCain was more conservative than Ronald Reagan

unsunghero
02-09-2022, 01:21 PM
This homeless person has some condition where his knees are swollen like softballs and can’t stand up or walk, but doesn’t want the fire department, just a shower and meal like what a shelter can provide

I’m thinking how can u take a shower when u can’t stand? There’s a shelter across the street that I’m reluctant to even point out to him because I’m worried he’d try to crawl across a city street with cars going 45mph to go to it…

Just gonna call fire dep’t, this guy needs a wheelchair

Ooloo
02-09-2022, 01:24 PM
Gonna need a source. Nothing personnel kid, but I can't just take your word for it.

You can also argue in good faith with people and not assume everything they say is a fabrication if they don't provide a link to click on. Assume that what he said is accurate, does that change anything? Would you feel differently? Does it even matter if he provides a link?

unsunghero
02-09-2022, 01:29 PM

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2022/01/06/trumps-changing-stance-on-jan-6-attack-from-condemning-rioters-to-backing-protest/?sh=5f1d52f421a8

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/06/trump-tells-capitol-rioters-to-go-home-now-but-still-calls-the-election-stolen.html

For future reference if you are ever interested in sources that ever demonstrate anything positive for Republicans, you’re gonna wanna use DuckDuckGo not Google

Reiwa
02-09-2022, 01:32 PM
Assume that what he said is accurate, does that change anything?

Sure.

Following Usher's angle, Trump was for the insurrection before he was against the insurrection.

:cool:

Elizondo
02-09-2022, 01:34 PM
Reiwa bad faith actor no doubt

unsunghero
02-09-2022, 01:35 PM
Sure.

Following Usher's angle, Trump was for the insurrection before he was against the insurrection.

:cool:

There has been lots of information that has come out in the year+ that followed so it’s not surprising his position has shifted around in response

starkind
02-09-2022, 01:35 PM
John McCain was a p cool dude. Ya'll need to settle down and respect ur vets.

God bless.

Reiwa
02-09-2022, 01:36 PM
There has been lots of information that has come out in the year+ that followed so it’s not surprising his position has shifted around in response

Biggest flip flopper ever by mass.

unsunghero
02-09-2022, 01:46 PM
Biggest flip flopper ever by mass.

A conspiracy theory is a just conspiracy theory unless it’s proven true

I haven’t even followed it closely but from what I remember hearing about, there was speculation about the following:

- who shot and what were the circumstances of that woman who died

- did capital police invite people into the capital at various points of the riot and why

- why was there so few police in general, was poor planning deliberate or just incompetence

- why were those arrested not treated like others suspected of a crime and instead kept in solitary confinement for months on end

This is just off the top of my head. The more speculation there is about an event, the more likely people’s positions on it might shift

Tunabros
02-09-2022, 01:52 PM
was American ever great?

we literally took this land from the natives and destroyed everything

you guys were all Europeans who wanted more land then got a sense of freedom and

decided to rebel

Elizondo
02-09-2022, 02:01 PM
was American ever great?

you guys were all Europeans who wanted more land then got a sense of freedom and

decided to rebel

Comanches 'Hold My Beer'

unsunghero
02-09-2022, 02:04 PM
I got that homeless guy taken to ER

He was trying to decline but he was too disoriented from huffing butane outside a head shop to be able to do that

My plan to save the homeless:

Reiwa
02-09-2022, 02:09 PM

I used to say we should use brutalism (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutalist_architecture) to fight the homeless, but too many downboats. 😿

Jibartik
02-09-2022, 03:54 PM
The left on Monday:

https://i.imgur.com/RyXDjQX.png

The left on Friday:

https://i.imgur.com/t6Ko6Ih.png

https://i.imgur.com/3LgSTCV.png

https://i.imgur.com/LyB9r3p.png

Reiwa
02-09-2022, 04:18 PM
https://i.imgur.com/t6Ko6Ih.png

https://i.imgur.com/3LgSTCV.png

I think hostile architecture (https://vimeo.com/1665301) and brutalism are different.

You're damned statist fool that needs to be horsewhipped. Really designing a medevil torture device to extort money frtom people to stop and rest. Fabian Brunsing you're a disgrace as a human.

Trexller
02-09-2022, 04:58 PM

He was trying to decline but he was too disoriented from huffing butane outside a head shop to be able to do that

"Biden admin touts new job creations as body-sizee guillotines are now being manufactured and sent to every democrat run city by the hundreds"

biden is reported as claiming that, "these new machines will provide many new jobs and livelihoods for americans and help fulfill a solumn campaign promise to cut the homeless population in half, im proud to say that we are achieving that goal as we speak" biden was then seen making a chopping motion with his hand while shouting, "byahhh"

starkind
02-09-2022, 05:02 PM
A conspiracy theory is a just conspiracy theory unless it’s proven true

I haven’t even followed it closely but from what I remember hearing about, there was speculation about the following:

- who shot and what were the circumstances of that woman who died

- did capital police invite people into the capital at various points of the riot and why

- why was there so few police in general, was poor planning deliberate or just incompetence

- why were those arrested not treated like others suspected of a crime and instead kept in solitary confinement for months on end

This is just off the top of my head. The more speculation there is about an event, the more likely people’s positions on it might shift

Conspiracy theory gets thrown around way too much even after stuff is proven true. What's sad is we should name each individual event for its own. So like testing radioactive water on children. That's tru. I don't remember the name of the event. I would be called Conspiracy theory tho.

also like the Philadelphia Experiment. Covered up and a bunch of similar sounding movies and stories made up to cover it up and make it hard to research. Yet it's true. So...

I'm quite frankly tired of seeing stuff covered up like that ship in the ocean off of nova Scotia or whatever or the pyramids off Cuba on the continental shelf.

Here's a theory. JFK was assassinated for getting us to the moon and he was going to disclose everything.

starkind
02-09-2022, 05:03 PM
I think hostile architecture (https://vimeo.com/1665301) and brutalism are different.

They are. Brutalism is functional.

Jibartik
02-09-2022, 05:03 PM
was American ever great?

decided to rebel

if god is real, no ameica is trash

if god is not real, america was fucking great and in 200 years proved it.

starkind
02-09-2022, 05:14 PM

So there's this process that starts once a "homeless" person goes to the ER. Often tho they end up getting malpractice and neglected and shipped as fast as possible to a prison or behavioral center where they are then euthanized in a sort of legalistic liability torture system. Often with a misdiagnosis or completely ignored because the doctor or person intaking or charting is a completely worthless piece of shit that needs to go where they are sending ppl. And be subject to not having their cushy care corporate package. So they can be rehabilitated into decent human beings instead instead of nazi death camp processors.

Do a few make it out? Sure. Do a few make it to a shelter? Sure. Do a few get back on their feet sure? 1 in 5 maybe. The ones that just need to declare bankruptcy and are still employable.

The really sick. Traumatized. Or addicted ones tho just get ground to paste. And mutilated over and over by psychotic doctors just trying to skim through their tenure and pay back their loans. They get abused by mismanaged underpayed minimum wage or low income earners who spend more time on their cell then treating the patients.

Anyway.

Did you do a good thing? Yes you absolutely did.

Does it always work? Is the system working? Are our tax dollars doing any good or us is that pork going to a nazi firm that just kills a majority of their inpatients or inmates. Often times prison is run better.

So ..I know you have expert first hand experience with all this.

Given the choice of going back to one of those facilities or refreshing the tree of liberty, which do you think I would pick at this point? No I don't have a choice. No it's not reasonable to expect people who are already in the spiritual and physical process of death to fix your country for you.

Given the capability tho.

I would. I wish I was still in the military and had some actual pull so I could prepare for that day.

The only people really benefitting at all are insurance executives who don't live in this country anymore anyway. And their stupid minions they pay off with a pyramid scheme. To keep each successive tier of subordinates on check. It's bullshit. And not a conspiracy. And these mother fuckers do not deserve government or private security and protection. Or welfare when they deliberately tank their shell corps to cash out with their God damned golden parachutes.

Doubt a one would last 5 minutes as a combat medic.

Fuck them.

starkind
02-09-2022, 05:58 PM
So what I wrote is really crappy.

I don't blame u or anyone else here.

I just want us all to stop kidding ourselves that we live in a great society and we shouldn't fix things.

People. A lot of them. The vast majority. Especially the homeless or sick or weak or least common denominator.. or people who aren't well adapted to being obedient slaves to corporations and legal bureaucracy..well.. those of us who aren't being respected by those in authority. We have very good reason to be angry and defend ourselves and try to make changes. However most of us aren't able to do so effectively or within the systems rules. I'm no politician. Nor am I a doctor. I was a soldier. I don't want war and I'm honestly super sad to see the beuracrats cannibalize and exploit everyone. And don't want war or anything.

I think people will certainly be pushed more to violence and desperation tho by those with the money backing both political parties and unless we miraculously lose our partisanship and take a 180 on how we operate our essential industries and stuff like healthcare, energy, property management, loans, etc.. You're just going to see endless terrorism and slums until the seas run red and everything dies.

starkind
02-09-2022, 06:02 PM
We have to fundamentally change society. How we do business. What is acceptable. How much power any one individual or institution gets to wield. What we are doing... is just skating by while a few people carve up and profit off the death of our peoples hearts, minds, spirit.

The good people are being killed and slaughtered in favor of the obedient and apathetic.

It's not acceptable how power and money and property is distributed. And how food is produced and made. Or how housing is controlled.

starkind
02-09-2022, 06:12 PM
Everything essential to a good life has been commercialized, regulated, and globalized.

People have zero participation in how they police themselves. Make or distribute medicine. Or feed themselves. It's cash cash cash... just go here or there with cash and other people with more cash will take your cash and give some to another person... you give all of your money to McDonald's and the worker at McDonald's gets .01% and if you don't have lawyers u get shut down if someone got a tummy ache. Poor people can't afford to compete with McDonald's or united Healthcare or Wallstreet.

Some think that the poor deserve it. I say Wallstreet is unfairly protected.

There's too many police and military protecting politicians instead of a families right to feed themselves.

starkind
02-09-2022, 06:15 PM
We would be better off if there was absolutely no federal agencies or government at all. Because our federal government is worse than China or Russia. I bet we could actually negotiate with Putin for a better deal than with anyone in our congress or senate. For running our own business without federal interference and without global institutions threatening our local grocers.

unsunghero
02-09-2022, 07:16 PM
^
One of my fav shows Always Sunny has a homeless char who didn’t want to be taken to a hospital too saying they euthanize the homeless. Maybe the show writers had heard of that too

This guy had two problems going for him, his knees were swollen as big as my head, he was in a 10/10 scale amount of pain, couldn’t stand up or rise to his feet, and was laying sprawled out in front of someone’s business who didn’t want him there. If he had been in a more clear state of mind, he could have declined the FD (even with serious injuries you are allowed to decline) in which case the shop owner would have called the police to trespass him away from the property. To my knowledge they would just move him somewhere, they can’t arrest him unless he attempted to return to the place they trespassed him from. But without being able to stand or walk, wherever he ended up he’d just lay there until he passed out or something and end up in a hospital anyway

But unfortunately for this guy, he had purchased some butane in a can from the smoke shop and was huffing that, which made him appear erratic with his answers and statements. He originally asked to be taken to place that only does testing for STD’s and wouldn’t treat his legs, then he asked for a shower (but couldn’t stand), all the while appearing to be in excruciating pain. Because the FD determined him as not oriented to situation, he wasn’t able to decline going to the ER

I guess moral of the story with his situation is don’t huff gas fumes. Stuff’s super terrible for your brain anyway :(

TheConsortium
02-09-2022, 07:24 PM
that explains p99

Jibartik
02-09-2022, 07:53 PM
sorry you think ur better than us homeless folk who play a free old game begone with you demorat!

Reiwa
02-09-2022, 08:41 PM
We have to fundamentally change society.

no we dont. YOU have to go do your nails.

or else!!

starkind
02-09-2022, 09:20 PM
^
One of my fav shows Always Sunny has a homeless char who didn’t want to be taken to a hospital too saying they euthanize the homeless. Maybe the show writers had heard of that too

This guy had two problems going for him, his knees were swollen as big as my head, he was in a 10/10 scale amount of pain, couldn’t stand up or rise to his feet, and was laying sprawled out in front of someone’s business who didn’t want him there. If he had been in a more clear state of mind, he could have declined the FD (even with serious injuries you are allowed to decline) in which case the shop owner would have called the police to trespass him away from the property. To my knowledge they would just move him somewhere, they can’t arrest him unless he attempted to return to the place they trespassed him from. But without being able to stand or walk, wherever he ended up he’d just lay there until he passed out or something and end up in a hospital anyway

But unfortunately for this guy, he had purchased some butane in a can from the smoke shop and was huffing that, which made him appear erratic with his answers and statements. He originally asked to be taken to place that only does testing for STD’s and wouldn’t treat his legs, then he asked for a shower (but couldn’t stand), all the while appearing to be in excruciating pain. Because the FD determined him as not oriented to situation, he wasn’t able to decline going to the ER

I guess moral of the story with his situation is don’t huff gas fumes. Stuff’s super terrible for your brain anyway :(

Ya that's unfortunate. He did need serious medical attention. Hope he pulls thru.

The odds r really against him tho even if they fix his knees.

Are there happy homeless and poor? Ion the other side if tge coin idk rly there's a lot of folks around here that seem that way or borderline r. They are like normal just can't get anywhere. Those ppl r fine. They don't really do drugs. Maybe a lil weed or drink a lil at night not perpetually drunk or nuisances. We should take care and look after all these ppl tho not fucking build another block of Walmarts. ...

Whatever tho. I don't know shit.

@riewa doing my nails 💅 is a super duper low priority right now. Getting out of bed and going to a doctor is a higher priority. I had one rly annoy me bad yesterday with their assinine bullshit I didn't want to get into explicitly tho. I had not really gone to primary care for awhile my er trip was a good reason to at least call them and talk to them about what is going on. I had given up on them completely..and I still feel like it's a waste of time and money... and I don't want to take up a spot in the big ass queue for other ppl honestly.

Do ppl have real problems? Yes? Are they mistreated? Yes

Am I individually worth it? Well. Tbh. I don't see myself as that important. I just want to feel better and save u dumbasses less unpaid ER visits. B4 Whatever gets me gets me.

So ya nails isn't super important.