PDA

View Full Version : Melee skill catch up at 36 Enchanter?

oldschoolguy
02-04-2022, 06:50 PM
Hi guys,

My melee (mostly defense / offense / 1hb) have really fallen behind over the levels. Is there a good mob to catch these things on for my Enchanter? Is there a good trick to it?

Mostly concerned with "Defense" and "Dodge" since I don't really melee anyway.

Thanks.

PatChapp
02-04-2022, 07:28 PM
Tash a few mobs before rooting now and than your defense will catch up no problem. Its capped at 145 anyway

Tewaz
02-04-2022, 08:37 PM
Go do some indoor charm soloing and you will take a lot of hits.

oldschoolguy
02-04-2022, 10:43 PM
Go do some indoor charm soloing and you will take a lot of hits.

I do, gnolls hit me for 60-80. With 500 hp that’s not a workable option right now.

Jimjam
02-05-2022, 04:34 AM
Good idea to work on it now, but stated as above you’re skill will never get that high, so mitigation and avoidance will always be an issue to xp mobs close to your level.

Did you research berserker strength yet? Try to keep this buff up (and wear your best defence gear/buffs) when actively training defence. Use your suffocate/weaken/disempower lines against the weaker mobs and step in for a round or 2 when they are close to fleeing.

What equipment are you wearing at the moment?

long.liam
02-05-2022, 05:18 AM
I don't think it matters that much, but if you're determined to cap it then find a shaman to buff you with Agility, AC buff, and Regrowth. Have him follow you and keep you healed while you spam Tash on Dark greens and let them beat the snot out of you. You should cap it pretty quickly this way.

derpcake2
02-05-2022, 07:11 AM
An easy way to raise defense and dodge is to get a DA clicky item.

Just train as many blue+ mobs as you can find, click DA item, tank them for 2 ticks, then zone.

You can also do this duo with a 59+ bard, since they have a group DA song. Shouldn't take over 15 mins to max defense / dodge. West Freeport is ideal.

oldschoolguy
02-05-2022, 11:53 AM
An easy way to raise defense and dodge is to get a DA clicky item.

Just train as many blue+ mobs as you can find, click DA item, tank them for 2 ticks, then zone.

You can also do this duo with a 59+ bard, since they have a group DA song. Shouldn't take over 15 mins to max defense / dodge. West Freeport is ideal.

Thanks I’ll see if I can find someone to do that.

Do you know what is the skill cap? It’s not very clear on wiki what the max should be per lvl.

Toxigen
02-05-2022, 12:37 PM
Don't worry about it.

long.liam
02-06-2022, 02:54 AM
I don't think you can get Skill ups with DA on. I could be wrong about this, but if your Client doesn't register hits on you, you won't get any chances to increase a skill. Infact with DA up you technically can't do anything except run, so you shouldn't be able to increase any skills. Again I might be wrong, but I would need to check.