PDA

View Full Version : Magician Epic

btravis1990
01-28-2022, 03:57 PM
Why does the server make it so hard to get an earth staff?

I have played on p99 for 6 years... I figured by now some sort of rotation would come out of this.

Samoht
01-28-2022, 04:20 PM
It's just the timeline of the server, mang.

There were a lot of epic bottlenecks when they were first released. CT, VS, and Inny were some of the worst. The drops from CT were dispersed to the golems for some epics or were made into the broken golem for Wizards. VSR became a thing. In this way, Wizard and Druid/Ranger(Swiftwind) epics became more obtainable.

But I can remember when the Shattered Emerald of Corruption was easier to get than the stone from VS, so Earthcaller was more common than Swiftwind (Plus - you don't share SEoC with druids like you do VS stones).

Objectively, moving the epic pieces from Inny to the new hate minis wasn't as advantageous as it was with fear golems or VSR. The minis aren't a guaranteed spawn, and the epic drops from them seem super rare. The fact that the earth staff only drops from magister instead of any of the named golems like in fears just sucks.

But that's just what the timeline prescribes.

I could offer tips on getting earth staffs, but at this point in the life of the server, what you really need to do is find a guild that already knows how it works and join up. The odds of getting the earth staff without one really aren't that good.

In the end, do you really need the epic, though? Mages have been hit with nerf after nerf lately and it's just not as appealing. Plus, raids don't really rely on mages for their pets or DPS - they have other roles while raiding.

I wouldn't put so much weight on the mage epic. If you stick with it, you'll get it one day. But it's not really necessary, and it's not worth the heartache.

btravis1990
01-28-2022, 04:25 PM
Its nostalgia for me. Mage is my favorite class, regardless of how meta they are or not. Its also my highest char. The nerfs are aggravating and I am not sure why they are doing that but still the class just calls to me. Never obtained epic on live because I changed classes to a bard/necro when Velious/Luclin dropped due to guild needs. I just want to hold it... once lol

Feel free to DM me tips lol

Balimon
01-28-2022, 04:33 PM
PMed.

You don't need the epic to enjoy your favorite class, grab the baby epics ( air/water staff ) and enjoy. The epic doesn't open that many more doors, it's just awesome to have. There are a lot of issues with the earth staff, the biggest being how rare it is sometimes.

Allishia
01-28-2022, 04:59 PM
Join active raid guild (realistically riot or vanquish since they are only ones seeing magi often), earn dkp, be there when it drops and be willing to drop all your dkp /nod

long.liam
01-29-2022, 10:18 AM
Mage Epic is nerfed anyway. I don't even see the point of trying to get it now.

Vaarsuvius
01-29-2022, 11:10 AM
Make Magi P`Tasa repop timer classic again

btravis1990
01-30-2022, 09:51 AM
Mage Epic is nerfed anyway. I don't even see the point of trying to get it now.

What was the nerf?

Vaarsuvius
01-30-2022, 10:14 AM
What was the nerf?

Mage pets have bit hit by an “accidental” nerf that reduced their max hit by 15%, so now necro and enchanter pet are better.

It should have been fixed but it hasn’t with the latest patch….

Enjoy playing a magician though :)

And our epic was so easy that Quillmane also got a major nerf because it was too easy to spawn her.

Balimon
01-30-2022, 11:18 AM
Mage pets have bit hit by an “accidental” nerf that reduced their max hit by 15%, so now necro and enchanter pet are better.

It should have been fixed but it hasn’t with the latest patch….

Enjoy playing a magician though :)

And our epic was so easy that Quillmane also got a major nerf because it was too easy to spawn her.

There's nothing accidental about it, people found evidence they were hitting too hard and were put back to classic hit tables. Mage pets are still top DPS pets besides charmed pets. The epic pet specifically went from 81 max hit to 67 max hit.

Toxigen
01-31-2022, 02:37 PM
Yeah just forget about doing the mage epic.

Way better things you can do in game.

enjchanter
01-31-2022, 06:02 PM
Yeah just forget about doing the mage epic.

Way better things you can do in game.

i will never rest

Ichewith
02-02-2022, 09:33 AM
this is suppose to be classis right so why are we nerfing stuff that was in era? kinda kills mage. so we nerfing torpor/slow/necros/sk's?

Balimon
02-02-2022, 09:14 PM
this is suppose to be classis right so why are we nerfing stuff that was in era? kinda kills mage. so we nerfing torpor/slow/necros/sk's?

Precisely this is classic, it was nerfed because the 81 epic hits and 70/72 G.vocaration hits were OUT of era. The evidence is solid and they were changed to 67 and 60/62.