PDA

View Full Version : Where to level as enchanter?

oldschoolguy
01-27-2022, 11:44 PM
Currently lvl 34, started going to paw, seems fun.

However, since there is Velious out, should I be working on some faction or something while leveling to save time later? Anyone has any advice on that? I just remember EQ always had stuff that if you start early, it saves you time later.

Thank you, really liking the server, although leveling an enchanter is very hard.

long.liam
01-28-2022, 12:09 AM
No don't waste time factioning. Get to 60, then worry about faction. At the mid 30s you should be grouping if and when you can. Enchanters don't really solo good until 50+. Charm doesn't last long enough until then. Lower levels you'll have to rely on the crappy illusion pet a lot.

oldschoolguy
01-28-2022, 12:44 AM
Thanks. Why do charms not last long enough? Is it because new spells last longer at higher levels or because the blue mobs are just much lower level?

Yeah right now charming is suicidal very often. I have over 200 Charisma (only stat I really have) and it still breaks a lot.

long.liam
01-28-2022, 12:52 AM
Thanks. Why do charms not last long enough? Is it because new spells last longer at higher levels or because the blue mobs are just much lower level?

Yeah right now charming is suicidal very often. I have over 200 Charisma (only stat I really have) and it still breaks a lot.

It's mostly because of your level. The minimum blue con is closer to your level in the mid 30s than when your enchanter will be level 50+. The level makes the largest difference on charm duration. After that MR, but level will make it very difficult to solo until 50+, possibly 45+ if you're lucky or super duper geared maybe.

Tewaz
01-28-2022, 11:54 AM
I would group when you can get it and stick around SK.

The spawns before the double door inside paw should be good solo, but there can be greens mixed in, the level range in there is pretty bad.

Outside of Paw you can probably do some of the gnolls at the spires, but they have a wide level range and it can be a pain when one of the high level ones won't hold a root.

At around 36-38 the spire gnolls get much easier and you can charm them to 40 easily.

When I leveled there, I could usually form a group with a Necro, Mage, Druid, or whoever was around and we could hold down all the outdoor spawns with ease.

My favorite camp for an enc in your level range is the Drolvargs in FV. You can solo them, but the best exp at your level is a duo with any class that can snare (Wiz, Druid, Necro, Ranger, SK).

Get a pirate pet, make sure they are dual wielding, pull a drolvarg, snare, fear, and the pirate can usually kill them in a single cast of Invoke Fear or whatever your highest level fear is at the time. Make sure the pirate is backstabbing.

Toxigen
01-31-2022, 02:38 PM
Paw is great until about 40 if I remember correctly. The Judges area is awesome.

Cazic Thule also very high ZEM. Can charm the gators there.