PDA

View Full Version : Solo Untwinked Ranger Guide: 50-60

gherron
01-19-2022, 04:51 AM
Hello. Due to work/RL I've had to solo grind from 50 - 60 on an untwinked Ranger. This Ranger is my main as well.

wiki Magelo profile: https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Green:Gimzelas_Swiftstrider

50-52: HHK Kill the guards, Mistress Ana, Captain Bosec and Captain Boshinko. If they're hitting too hard, just root-joust or root-and-shoot.

52-54/55: HHK Bards - Star Dreamspinner and Storm Dragonchaser. Avoid nobles and Isabella if you want to save a headache with faction (annoying to deal with during pulls too).

54/55 - 57: HHK Dyrna Nlith (basement jail)

57 - 60: Swamp of No Hope - Grik the Exile

57 - 60 alternate: LFAY Brownie Guards *because I wasn't twinked I needed to bow kite with a ton of FR and some MR gear. I also bought a Tolan's bracer for this.

57 - 60 alternate: HHK Dulcina Blackhand *18 min respawn with a PH.

If anyone needs more detailed strategies for any camp, such as how to split the bards (Harmony doesn't work as they are linked), let me know.

loserofgame
01-22-2022, 12:13 AM
Hello. Due to work/RL I've had to solo grind from 50 - 60 on an untwinked Ranger. This Ranger is my main as well.

... I also bought a Tolan's bracer for this.

hey, congrats on 60. out of curiosity, what are the parameters for being untwinked, to you?

gherron
01-22-2022, 07:26 AM
hey, congrats on 60. out of curiosity, what are the parameters for being untwinked, to you?

No fungi/ sky cloak/ epics/ being able to farm cash from another character. I also saved up all that cash from leveling and bought that (HHK). The magelo shows you my equipment.

That is also an optional route for 57-60 as there's no need for summoned arrows for any of the other camps.

Ripqozko
01-22-2022, 05:39 PM
so basically the guide is to stay in HHK?

Bardp1999
01-23-2022, 02:03 AM

lol

ghost182
01-25-2022, 11:00 AM
48-52 SolB Bats at guano camp solA zoneline. pull right to zone, snare fear melee. when you hit bottom of ramp run back up. bat wont wander far enough to aggro. repeat when it returns

52-54 Raptors in TD. just camp 1 or 2. root rot/bow down to 60%. melee to 20%. then they flee.

54-60 Polar bear bits fear kite.

do have sky cloak, sky bow, fungi, epics but no required. def need worn haste and a swarmcaller thiufh

gherron
01-26-2022, 07:05 AM
48-52 SolB Bats at guano camp solA zoneline. pull right to zone, snare fear melee. when you hit bottom of ramp run back up. bat wont wander far enough to aggro. repeat when it returns

52-54 Raptors in TD. just camp 1 or 2. root rot/bow down to 60%. melee to 20%. then they flee.

54-60 Polar bear bits fear kite.

do have sky cloak, sky bow, fungi, epics but no required. def need worn haste and a swarmcaller thiufh

I knew about these camps but didn't feel that I had the gear for them. Also I think polar bears are often camped, and you might have to deal with a spider spawn.

As for the high 40s, Bloodgills in LOIO are great too. However, I focused my time in HHK from 50-57 because of the high ZEM, classic hp/ac/atk of mobs, and cash.

ghost182
01-26-2022, 01:06 PM
I knew about these camps but didn't feel that I had the gear for them. Also I think polar bears are often camped, and you might have to deal with a spider spawn.

As for the high 40s, Bloodgills in LOIO are great too. However, I focused my time in HHK from 50-57 because of the high ZEM, classic hp/ac/atk of mobs, and cash.

well, solb requires no gear, only panic animal. the raptors require tolans bracer for sure. that camp is slow 1 or 2 spawn mostly root rot camp, and bear pits does have spiders. you can deal with them if you want to clear all or you can skip but limit your spawns. they are 100% root rottable, but yea fungi/epics/haste cloak/bracer/ solid bow are great

DeathsSilkyMist
01-26-2022, 02:07 PM
I'd be curious to know how good bear pits are after the -15% ZEM hit on permafrost.

Ripqozko
01-26-2022, 05:52 PM

gherron
01-28-2022, 04:35 AM
I'd be curious to know how good bear pits are after the -15% ZEM hit on permafrost.

I want to say it's still a viable camp. While I was leveling, several others around my level said that it's usually camped whenever they try. I just felt like the risk vs reward for me wasn't worth the trek/waiting. I also did one time run into a SK at 54 who said that HHK bards felt like easier/better exp than bear pits too.

Cecily
01-28-2022, 02:15 PM
Congrats on 60! Ty for sharing your path. I don't ever consider ZEMs when I'm exping solo, so bear pits sounds like a great time to me tbh. High level mobs susceptible to fear? Yes please. Just don't die.

laacan
04-08-2022, 02:00 PM

wiki Magelo profile: https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Green:Gimzelas_Swiftstrider

50-52: HHK Kill the guards, Mistress Ana, Captain Bosec and Captain Boshinko. If they're hitting too hard, just root-joust or root-and-shoot.

52-54/55: HHK Bards - Star Dreamspinner and Storm Dragonchaser. Avoid nobles and Isabella if you want to save a headache with faction (annoying to deal with during pulls too).

54/55 - 57: HHK Dyrna Nlith (basement jail)

57 - 60: Swamp of No Hope - Grik the Exile

57 - 60 alternate: LFAY Brownie Guards *because I wasn't twinked I needed to bow kite with a ton of FR and some MR gear. I also bought a Tolan's bracer for this.

57 - 60 alternate: HHK Dulcina Blackhand *18 min respawn with a PH.

If anyone needs more detailed strategies for any camp, such as how to split the bards (Harmony doesn't work as they are linked), let me know.

Do the hand and belt haste stack ?

Xenmir
04-08-2022, 07:14 PM
Do the hand and belt haste stack ?

They do not. Can only have 1 worn haste (highest will take effect).

See https://wiki.project1999.com/Haste_Guide for more details.