PDA

View Full Version : Question on EQ Zek Nerfs

Flicker Catholitica
06-12-2011, 10:30 AM
So I quit Sullon Zek years back when they nerfed Wizard direct damage. Reading the current Zek PvP rules, I don't see a direct damage nerf mentioned in PvP. I just see higher player resists for PvP. Anyone know if the direct damage nerf still exists for EQ PvP?

naez
06-12-2011, 04:42 PM
the 40% rules still exists if thats what you mean

Flicker Catholitica
06-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Yeah, that's what drove me off. Grinding day in, day out to get my wiz up. Chose a wiz because at high levels they do awesome damage (before the nerf).

I was so pissed - beyond words. Anybody can pick any character class to start off with in PvP, so what is the logic behind nerfs after people have already chosen? You think a wiz does too much damage - then why don't you roll one up? Wait... I forgot! You were too stupid to roll one up, so you just whine to Sony long enough that you are gonna quit that they try to "class balance" years after the server started.

What a crock of crap. Never again.

Jepaxis
06-13-2011, 03:59 AM
So I quit Sullon Zek years back when they nerfed Wizard direct damage. Reading the current Zek PvP rules, I don't see a direct damage nerf mentioned in PvP. I just see higher player resists for PvP. Anyone know if the direct damage nerf still exists for EQ PvP?

What he really means is he quit when he couldn't instant win with manaburn. Pussy!

gnomishfirework
06-13-2011, 04:54 AM
What he really means is he quit when he couldn't instant win with manaburn. Pussy!

That was implied.

JayDee
06-13-2011, 04:56 AM
Shadowknight's one shotting people with DT was kind of stupid

Jepaxis
06-13-2011, 05:08 AM
Shadowknight's one shotting people with DT was kind of stupid

They at least had to be within melee range to use that.

Flicker Catholitica
06-13-2011, 07:19 AM

What'd you do blue boy, roll a ranger?

Atmas
06-13-2011, 11:55 AM
They at least had to be within melee range to use that.

Which was in no way tough. Also they remained like 100% combat effective after that. Wizards would be oom and even Necros using LB would be easy kill targets for a few seconds afterward.

The 40% thing was just nonsense. A max lvl wizard couldn't one shot a lvl 1 wizard, pretty broken mechanics. You could also basically never kill anyone who could heal a decent amount of their own hpts.